PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Modern War Keeps Crashing.

Elite854
07-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Can somebody help me as I am looking for suggestions to help fix the app?

I open the app and it's fine but when I go into the store and click on units, the app just crashes. Also, I go to attack someone, it attacks the player and the app crashes.

I have deleted and reinstalled, hard restarted, restarted, force closed also.

I am on iOS if that helps. Would an admin or someone be able to give suggestions?

Thanks

SimplyminiMW
07-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Can somebody help me as I am looking for suggestions to help fix the app?

I open the app and it's fine but when I go into the store and click on units, the app just crashes. Also, I go to attack someone, it attacks the player and the app crashes.

I have deleted and reinstalled, hard restarted, restarted, force closed also.

I am on iOS if that helps. Would an admin or someone be able to give suggestions?

Thanks

What device are you using.

Ever since the first frontline assault my iPod 4th gen crashes alot too. Not enough virtual memory on it to sustain MW.

Tadaaah
07-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Hi Elite854,

Are you receiving any error messages when this occurs? Is this a hard crash or is the game freezing? Does this only occur during these two scenarios? Hope to get you back in game soon.

EDIT: Are you on the most current version?

Mr llama
07-22-2014, 11:45 AM
My iPad 2nd gen used to get about 10 minutes of raiding before it would crash. Now I'm lucky to raid one building without it crashing . I have been signing in and out for every raid so that I'm able to collect the money, it's really annoying. My iPod 4th gen crashes every time I finish watching a video before I am able to accept the gold. No errors are received but you can sometimes tell when it will happen all games are up to date

Elite854
07-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi Elite854,

Are you receiving any error messages when this occurs? Is this a hard crash or is the game freezing? Does this only occur during these two scenarios? Hope to get you back in game soon.

EDIT: Are you on the most current version?

I am using an iPhone 5. I do have the most current version. Yes, it only happens on these 2 scenarios.

Modern War Forum GF
07-22-2014, 12:16 PM
My iPad 2nd gen used to get about 10 minutes of raiding before it would crash. Now I'm lucky to raid one building without it crashing . I have been signing in and out for every raid so that I'm able to collect the money, it's really annoying. My iPod 4th gen crashes every time I finish watching a video before I am able to accept the gold. No errors are received but you can sometimes tell when it will happen all games are up to date

My 2nd gen IPAD has not crashed a single time last 3 months .. I keep it clean, and don't have many other applications running in the background. A couple of my faction mates have done Factory resets which made their devices run smoother.

NexusImperium
07-22-2014, 02:10 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S and it crashes very frequently. It crashes 90% when I open the raid boss battle (it crashes the moment the raid boss's backdrop comes up).

I actually think my general crashing issues may possibly stem from the tapjoy videos preloading in the background but I'm not exactly sure.. just a guess.

ender81
07-22-2014, 02:53 PM
I actually just placed a ticket for a similar issue, my iPhone and iPad crash any time I make a kill on the LTQ and every fifth epic boss. I think it's something with the reward pop up.

hubsy
07-24-2014, 09:11 AM
I actually just placed a ticket for a similar issue, my iPhone and iPad crash any time I make a kill on the LTQ and every fifth epic boss. I think it's something with the reward pop up.

Good luck with that. I've placed SEVERAL tickets for similar issues and the usual ticket gets closed and problem persists. Shoddy programming!!

MajikUF
07-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Tadaaah,

Not to threadcap, but I play on an ipod touch gen 4 which can't go to iOS 7. I'm sure that it's not the target environment for development, but I basically live with the crashing at this point. During the Raid Boss events, it is constant. If the game queues up more than 1 screen with a message, it will crash. (which during the beginning part of boss events is pretty impossible to get through) I'm not really bitter as I know that my device isn't what's developed for, but it would be nice if one of the devs grabbed a device with similar capabilities as mine to attempt to correct some of these things.