PDA

View Full Version : Why are some accounts cursed?

Cobra Kai
07-16-2014, 11:45 AM
In trying to get the 18/18 unit prize wrapper in our faction we have two members who have failed to get the wrapper 3 raid bosses in a row. Not for trying. They have farmed over 6,000 in folders we have gone as far as lvl 5 in masters to help them. We have gone to 3 other factions to help them in top prestige levels. In every instance they are always one legendary short of completion. Mathematically the odds should have been in their favor to get the last unit.

4 days of bosses and farming have still not resulted in getting that elusive legendary unit. I feel bad for them because of the massie amount of effort and time they and other faction members have out in to kill off lvl 100 bosses to give them a shot.

I'm just curious why those two accounts out of the 56 in faction and why 3 raid boss events in a row? I would gladly give them the 15 legendary units I received of the unit type they need but alas we can't.

Could we look at the possibility of a faction store where excess units could be placed and bought by faction members at a specified value based on unit type? Just trying to find ways to help faction members who have put in the work and get no reward for their effort.

ju100
07-16-2014, 11:50 AM
That would be sweet to be able to help faction mates...

{Kill Joy}
07-16-2014, 12:12 PM
had the same problem with getting some legendary units to drop. a few of our faction mates had trouble, but we all got them after 20/29 masters. the 130's and up drop much better.

AfterHours-Oliver
07-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Hi Cobra, we have a couple in our faction with the same problem too. I ALWAYS manage to complete the event with one of my account and never with the other, 5 events in a row. One of our members never gets it despite topping the hit ranking and has no luck with case events either....

Dazzj10
07-16-2014, 03:25 PM
I have the issue with crate events,, not had more than 6 successful opens in months

One man army
07-16-2014, 03:31 PM
It's not that the accounts are cursed its that the chances of getting the unit you want is low. For level 105 boss legendary has 18% chance but in reality you have a 6% chance of getting the legendary unit you want.

P.S trading and or selling units is not that bad of an idea.

TheBFO
07-16-2014, 06:21 PM
I had to down over 35 150's for the legendary I needed.

I always cut it really close on the RB wrapper.

Cobra Kai
07-16-2014, 07:29 PM
It's not that the accounts are cursed its that the chances of getting the unit you want is low. For level 105 boss legendary has 18% chance but in reality you have a 6% chance of getting the legendary unit you want.

I understand the math and probability of getting a legendary unit but that is factored in with a degree of randomness to all players. What befuddles me is that out of 56 players 53 get the 18/18 and the same three have not been able to in the past 3 raid bosses. Just those same three.

I also have 0 luck at crates. So far I am 0-5 on cash opens. At 265k a pop. It's not worth it. So I quit all crate events. Worthless event. No skill. No strategy. Even living in Vegas gambling requires some strategy not all blind luck.

bam bam.
07-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Gambling is a stain on this game. Loot chance and crates/cases should be scrapped or age restrict the game!

Somebody
07-16-2014, 08:22 PM
The 53 other members just been extremly lucky if they got all legendary units by only going up to lvl 105

I am a cow!
07-17-2014, 03:08 AM
I needed 10+ for a stupid merkava...

elangomatt
07-17-2014, 06:04 AM
I'm still under the theory that Gree changes the math when you're getting down to the final units in these wrapper goals kindof like how getting the 9th of 10 items in crate events is much much harder than getting the first few. I don't know if switching factions helps at all, but it seemed to help me. My faction got all the way through the level 100 bosses and a number of us were still missing a legendary unit. I started helping another faction with level 100s and I think I got the legendary unit I needed on maybe the 3rd level 100 with the other faction. A couple of faction mates got their 3rd legendary unit within those first 3 level 100s in the other faction too.

Adm. J(K96)
07-17-2014, 06:29 AM
Try missing 18/18 because after two days you still couldn't get the level 5 unit you needed.

mickymacirl
07-17-2014, 06:31 AM
It's called the random_number_pool.

Speed ump
07-17-2014, 07:01 AM
What did the number two, say to the number one? You're so odd.

1GaDawg85
07-17-2014, 07:07 AM
What did the number two, say to the number one? You're so odd.

Poor math joke....

Sumiala
07-17-2014, 12:20 PM
I like the idea of a faction vault, where we could trade.
Even if you introduce something like the use in Settlers of Catan, where you could trade four of the same for any other one.
So maybe four legendary xyz donated but faction members could be traded in for a legendary xyz into the inventory of one faction member.
That way you would still have to save a bit.
Otherwise Gree would dismiss it outright, now they can think about it for a few seconds and then dismiss it...
[They think? :eek: ]

Bndawgs
07-17-2014, 12:37 PM

I've come to the conclusion that the % rates shown aren't the actual drop rates, but more of a probability that you might get one of those particular units. if they were the actual drop rates, I would expect to get a legendary unit at least 1/7 lvl 100s. But I've gone over 25 without getting one.

Chris Watkins
07-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Most of the raid bosses I was at work when they was going on but my wife would play my account for me and that is how I got 1 of the wrapper prizes but this time I was off of work and I did over 24billion damage to the boss and placed second in my faction we made it to 17/29 on masters and yet I still did not get the 1 lengedary unit I needed again

PM1896
07-18-2014, 02:17 PM
Hmmm...with proper planning and enough folders everyone gets the 18/18 wrapper...cant remember any of us who missed it.

Start right away with masters and you have all 9 high lvl bosses in your inventory within 2 days. The lower 9s can be done individually easily (this even works when you are not finishing masters at all but the high lvl bosses dropping all the good units)

Kefa
07-19-2014, 07:02 AM
I am 99.999% certain that there is a hidden "Luck" skill value that is set when each account is created. Same is true for crate events. My main account has never one time been able to complete a crate event, even setting timers to open every hour. Also, in the crate loot quests, that acct never gets loot units. No exaggeration, it's either "sorry try again" or once in a a rare while it's the item. Some accounts get either a loot item or a quest item half the time or better.

"Luck" skill also applies to raid boss loot, crate drops, and used to apply significantly to epic boss trigger rate when it wasn't so high.