PDA

View Full Version : The Siren

Max Power
07-16-2014, 06:07 AM
OK, minor complaint, I know, but that randon annoying siren that blares with game play at seemingly randon times is more that a little annoying. I like the sound effects for other things, but can we get an option to toggle off that stupid siren, that seems to serve no purpose other that scare the pets and neighbors?

I know I know, first world problems, but other games let you toggle off things, hows about we ditch the stupid siren?

Adm. J(K96)
07-16-2014, 07:05 AM
This game has sounds?

Ajk
07-16-2014, 07:10 AM
This game has sounds?
Exactly... My sound has been turned off for two years.

Mastert55!
07-16-2014, 07:31 AM
I turned off the game noise the day I installed this *****.

Twist of Cain
07-16-2014, 07:36 AM
I thought this was a Necro thread at first....too funny:p

El Wonka
07-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Volume button solves all sound problems....but more importantly...excellent avatar Twist of Cain

DILL3NGER
07-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Hang on..... Wait. This game has sound? Damn I didn't know.

ju100
07-16-2014, 09:31 AM
OK, minor complaint, I know, but that randon annoying siren that blares with game play at seemingly randon times is more that a little annoying. I like the sound effects for other things, but can we get an option to toggle off that stupid siren, that seems to serve no purpose other that scare the pets and neighbors?

I know I know, first world problems, but other games let you toggle off things, hows about we ditch the stupid siren?

I'm quite sure the siren was to indicate when someone was visiting(like for raiding) your base.
You can turn the sound off in the Main Menu window, top left button...

steelhead
07-16-2014, 10:32 AM
I turned off the game noise the day I installed this *****.

Same here. Don't even remember mw music. Gonna turn it on again for a moment. Curious how it was. Lol

Danger Mouse
07-16-2014, 04:42 PM
How do you sneak in a few boss hits at work with the sound on for crying out loud? Sheesh! ;)

Dirty Mind
07-16-2014, 06:18 PM
my sound somehow got turned on once during an epic boss. how do you do an epic boss with sound, I had to clean my shorts after the first one.

the_Enforcer_
07-16-2014, 07:22 PM
haha wasn't there some mini game by toggling the sound button real quick?

Danger Mouse
07-16-2014, 07:43 PM

Yeah, I vaguely remember that one :)

Maz
07-16-2014, 09:18 PM

Toggle sound fx in help/settings, think it was 7 times and you can play asteroids with the devs faces/heads.

Max Power
07-17-2014, 12:36 AM
I kniw you can turn the sound off in game, I can also turn the sound off on my iPad. I like the game sounds except the music and that dopey siren. And it has gone off and I will look around and nothing happened.

elangomatt
07-17-2014, 06:16 AM

Do you have pending requests to become allies? I used to leave in game sounds on just for fun sometimes until they moved the ally request into the news feed area (comeon, who doesn't love that cha-ching sound!?). After they did that I started getting the random siren sound all the time since the lame game thought I had a new news item ever 30 seconds.

If you want to keep the pending requests your only option to get rid of the siren is to turn off all sounds in the settings menu.

mickymacirl
07-17-2014, 06:27 AM
I fixed it, rename the file. Done. No more siren.

Dog bite
07-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Yes the siren sound.
But more importantly...nice avatar Twist of Cain.
Can we get a splash screen Tadaaa.

NexusImperium
07-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Yes, it was very nice of his mom to pose in a pic for him.

steelhead
07-17-2014, 08:08 AM
Yes, it was very nice of his mom to pose in a pic for him.

Do you think you were funny? Well....., was that funny? What purpose did it serve? Would've understand it, if there was a discussion between you and him which was kinda heated up. Go be funny somewhere else, please.

Dog bite
07-17-2014, 08:17 AM
Do you think you were funny? Well....., was that funny? What purpose did it serve? Would've understand it, if there was a discussion between you and him which was kinda heated up. Go be funny somewhere else, please.

No. My fault.
Too many after work and not on topic.
@ Max Power - by habit I turn the sound down when the game is connecting to the server.