PDA

View Full Version : Re-Setting Skill Points

Showtime
07-15-2014, 06:39 AM
Can someone help me, I thought there was a feature to reset skill points in the game, I can't seem to find it anymore. Anyone know?

bergmystr
07-15-2014, 06:41 AM
Simple answer.... Nope

Danger Mouse
07-15-2014, 07:09 AM
There never was a way to do it in the game yourself. You used to be able to do it by sending a ticket to Gree asking for a reset. They replied to my last request a month ago saying they aren't offering that feature any more. Keep asking and maybe one year they'll change their mind.

Showtime
07-15-2014, 07:27 AM
My God, this should be a standard feature in the game IMO

BostonHammer
07-15-2014, 07:28 AM
If attack and defensive skill points aren't working (GREE, can you confirm?), GREE should allows us to reallocate them.

Loki KAD
07-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Agree, agree and agree some more.....

Gree the game should necessitate the players!

If enough players want this to happen you should make it happen.

Loki

Auspex
07-15-2014, 10:28 AM
I think it's a feature that will be coming along with Inventory Sorting.... I would check the Release Schedule which should be posted here on the forum...

Sorry, I know this is Gree they don't have a plan and even if they did I doubt they would share it. Features are also known as "Surprises" and even the event schedule is subject to random alterations without notice so I don't think they have a long term game plan with regard to software updates. Oddly I do play other games that actually post their entire year long update plans. Although they don't all hit every marker I would consider a long term update list would be standard for anything that you take people's money for.

Oh oh Gree
07-15-2014, 10:28 AM
If attack and defensive skill points aren't working (GREE, can you confirm?), GREE should allows us to reallocate them.

The skill points work for attack and defense and they give you one attack or defense point each. Maybe when the game first came out and units had stats like 1/0 they could be useful but not now.

Just like defense buildings are currently useless so are attack and defense skill points.

Nukesarge
07-15-2014, 10:32 AM
They had another game Dragon Realms (at the time). Gree had a skill reset you could by for diamonds(gold equivalent). I was always surprised this game didn't have the same.

Thief
07-15-2014, 10:38 AM
The skill points work for attack and defense and they give you one attack or defense point each. Maybe when the game first came out and units had stats like 1/0 they could be useful but not now.

Just like defense buildings are currently useless so are attack and defense skill points.

Thats not how they worked when the game came out.......so no they do not work anymore (and if only adding +1 to your stats is what they do now then gree needs to announce that)

Oh oh Gree
07-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Thats not how they worked when the game came out.......so no they do not work anymore (and if only adding +1 to your stats is what they do now then gree needs to announce that)

That's my best guess since Gree has never said they do any more than +1. I know we have all heard back in the day that people would lose because another player with lower stats had more defensive skill points. Not likely. We still lose today unless you have a substantial edge over another player (10-20%?).

Just like defensive buildings I cannot imagine they add more than the stated point value.

Showtime
07-15-2014, 11:17 AM
It should be a percentage ie..1 point =1/100% --- 100points= 1%

J1mcrane
07-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Maybe Tadaaah can give us some clarification?

Tadaaah
07-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Currently, there is no feature for resetting skill points.

Would you still find this feature beneficial if it were only offered at specific levels? Or if this was available for in the store?

corey0025
07-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Considering attack and defense skill points are useless now (honestly don't know what they do to begin with because any explanation was it's "behind the scenes" ) there should be one free reset for every player above level 100, due to the fact that most people that have been in the game for a significant amount of time put skill points into attack and defense because we thought they meant something. After the one free reset there should be a reset available for gold at any level.

If attack and defense skill points actually give a user an advantage even in this era of stat inflation, please clarify.

SimonH
07-15-2014, 11:52 AM

Would you still find this feature beneficial if it were only offered at specific levels? Or if this was available for in the store?

Amazing idea! Currently, levelling up has no benefits.

Maybe the ability to reallocate skill points (for free?) should be unlocked at level 100?

Auspex
07-15-2014, 12:04 PM
How about just a simple explanation of how both skill points and defensive buildings change our stats if at all and what is the future plan for skill points?

I don't think this is asking too much.

This must be the only game that has no plan and no information as to what things do in the game. Exactly how does "strong against" affect things? What is "low" casualty rate vs "Very Low"? How are casualties even decided?

Maybe we should be able to trade in 3 skill points to go down one level. That would make the game more fun. They were a bonus for leveling up that is apparently non existent so maybe we could have our levels back.

But then again, option two is just don't spend money on something that has no instructions and no plan going forward.

Oh oh Gree
07-15-2014, 01:13 PM

First clarification on what attack and defense currently do. Most assume at this point these two options are worthless.

Allowing skill point resets as you reach specific levels would be great or a one time reset after clarification is provided on what attack and defense do for you.

Mastert55!
07-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Attack and defense points are completely pointless and have been since WD started. I have about 400 points I wish I could relocate. I don't think it's gonna be a feature any time soon.

Web323
07-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Attack and defense points are completely pointless and have been since WD started. I have about 400 points I wish I could relocate. I don't think it's gonna be a feature any time soon.

Same here, would help with all these energy events

GrimAmoeba
07-15-2014, 02:00 PM

Maybe there shouldn't be, old players complain we want to bring LTB's back. So why are we now thinking about catering to the old players and players that used their skill points for other things. Not much difference. Cater to them, you should cater to all. Ponder that one

Auspex
07-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Maybe there shouldn't be, old players complain we want to bring LTB's back. So why are we now thinking about catering to the old players and players that used their skill points for other things. Not much difference. Cater to them, you should cater to all. Ponder that one

Considering the skill points 'apparently' do nothing at all I don't think it's just old players that would be catered too. Maybe it would fix a broken piece of the game. But hey, who knows maybe just rage quit? We wouldn't want old players to unduly influence decisions that might make them keep playing the game.

NexusImperium
07-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Guys, don't get too excited about the thought of reallocating your skill points to energy, which is what 99% of us are thinking about doing with this thread.

Gree would instantly and accordingly boost energy requirements for the LTQ, which I would prefer to not see happen.

For that reason I say this is a bad idea and Gree should not allow stat resets except on a case-by-case basis.

Auspex
07-15-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't care about allocating skill points personally I'd rather see some value for where they are put. Maybe fix the broken part of the game?

Re-allocation is all nice but we would only have 2 options the way the game works now. Either energy (Is there ever enough for insane LTQ's)? or put them on Stamina which we already barely use.

Since they can't peg down how the mechanics will work in the future, I don't want to re-allocate only to find out they change it again the day after.

1. Design the game and mechanics
2. Announce to everyone how it will work
3. Make changes to code
4. Fix broken code (changes cause things get messed up sometimes). REPEAT TIL IT WORKS
5. Wait for a significant time to pass before repeating this set of steps. (Most MMO style games have 3-6 month cycles).

I have avoided putting in all the steps that Gree has eliminated already like Alpha and Beta testing...

Thief
07-15-2014, 03:55 PM

Lol yes thats what this thread is all about.....catering to old farts that have been playing the game forever.

No the request to reset skill points is because A/D points used to do something but gree removed them from the game as working..if the rules change part way thru then yes anyone with points in A/D should be entitled to want a change (old and new players alike) The change helps ALL players not just old players.

Alternatively bringing back Limited Time Buildings is also changing the rules (a bad thing) they were released as Limited time buildings.....its a slap in the face to bring them back to anyone who had to pay to buy them back then (as most couldn't simply buy them with in game cash)

Auspex
07-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Perhaps it's time Gree considered making a new server for new players and old that want to start over on a level playing field?

I know a lot of cell phone games just re-invent themselves and restart with a better version. Still, Gree needs to decide how the game is going to work. Post the mechanics, build the game, and keep it so until pre-scheduled times for changes. Some math can be secret but skill points need to work or be removed.

I would suggest a project manager position should be created and filled. Right now it feels like anything in the game is just random and may be deleted or completely changed without any notice.

Danger Mouse
07-15-2014, 05:10 PM
In the heady days of our youth, when purchasing 100 ambulances was the only way to stop the unit haemorrhage every time you were attacked, we all dove into skill points to up those attack and defence skill levels to keep the edge on the circling sharks. Or so we thought.....
-
Now, 2 years later, we are all like D'oh! WTF did we do that for??? Energy! We need energy!
-
Wouldn't it be nice with the click of a button to redo it all over again with the wisdom of hindsight?
-
Wouldn't it be nice if we actually knew what those attack/defence skill points actually did, if anything, so at least decisions to reset could be educated ones?
-
Anyway, here are some of my ideas how Gree could give us the options to reset skill points if we so choose. There are bound to be others, so speak up.
-
And remember, it's multiple choice, you can choose more than one option if you like the ideas.

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-15-2014, 05:53 PM
This was a very side splitting read. Thanks to all of you for making me chortle, guffaw, and giggle.

Danger Mouse
07-15-2014, 06:03 PM
What I love is all these young whipper snappers aspiring to be old farts one day. Ah the youth of today, attention spans of gnats and want it served on a plate.
-
When they hit old fart status, you know for a fact they'll be even more demanding than us old timers could ever be. Then we'll see how they feel about needed changes.

Mastert55!
07-15-2014, 06:18 PM

Because veterans have spent more money on this game. Usually.

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Whatever you THINK you love, want, or need for this game: whatever you THINK will improve "gameplay" - FORGEDDABOUDIT!

WYSIWYG

Enjoy - ROTFL and DEWIN NUTTIN...

Mastert55!
07-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Whatever you THINK you love, want, or need for this game: whatever you THINK will improve "gameplay" - FORGEDDABOUDIT!

WYSIWYG

Enjoy - ROTFL and DEWIN NUTTIN...

Why are you here?

manbeast
07-15-2014, 06:35 PM
do NOT allow us to reset skill points from the store... This mess the game up bad.... People will allocate everything to attack, use up their stamina, then reallocate to everything to defense.. Ltq comes out then everything goes to energy...

Not a good idea. Changes the game in a negative way IMO.. Funzio said from day 1 that they would absolutely NEVER reset anybody's skill points.. A lesson they learned from the early days of crime city..

I'm surprised to hear gree was resetting skill points just from a ticket...

If you do decide to add this feature I would say...
-limit the number if times we can reset them
-give everyone the same LIMITED number of resets
-actually tell us what attack and defense skill points do (if anything?) so we can make a good decision

manbeast
07-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Option 1 would be a big mistake. Don't do it gree.

Danger Mouse
07-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Option 1 would be a big mistake. Don't do it gree.

You never know. The game will change. You may want that option to reset at will because an event requires stamina, not energy, then energy and not stamina, then etc etc......

Danger Mouse
07-15-2014, 06:53 PM
People will allocate everything to attack, use up their stamina, then reallocate to everything to defense.. Ltq comes out then everything goes to energy...

I don't know, all that kinda sounds like strategy to me, you know, what the game is supposed to be? Not what it is, which is just a spendfest. All that might actually add some interest to the game. I'd like the option to do those things.

We do some of those things already with changing flags. What's the difference in logic?

damcv62
07-15-2014, 06:55 PM
You never know. The game will change. You may want that option to reset at will because an event requires stamina, not energy, then energy and not stamina, then etc etc......

That would be smart business.

But when has gree done anything to support their business? ;P

psuengineer
07-15-2014, 06:57 PM

You're making his point for him. All that option allows is for those individuals who spend gold to cater their skill points from event to event for minimal cost. Without unlimited resets, it at least involves strategy in where to allocate the points. I agree that any kind of unlimited resets is a major mistake.

psuengineer
07-15-2014, 06:58 PM
That would be smart business.

But when has gree done anything to support their business? ;P

Which is exactly why I feel like they would permit this option....$$$$$

Danger Mouse
07-15-2014, 07:02 PM
You're making his point for him. All that option allows is for those individuals who spend gold to cater their skill points from event to event for minimal cost. Without unlimited resets, it at least involves strategy in where to allocate the points. I agree that any kind of unlimited resets is a major mistake.

Ah, I disagree. Being able to change strategy as the situation needs IS strategy. At the moment the only thing you need to see out an event is gold, and where is the strategy in that.
-
We can change flags as the need arises for a change is strategy. What's the difference?
-
This would add another level of planning to the game - but only if attack/defence skill points actually make a difference so there are real trade-offs happening as you reallocate.
-
And 50 gold to add this sort of dimension to the game is well within reach of all. Hell, you could even get it for free watching videos.
-
And those that spend gold to finish all events are doing it already, so where's the difference?

psuengineer
07-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Ah, I disagree. Being able to change strategy as the situation needs IS strategy. At the moment the only thing you need to see out an event is gold, and where is the strategy in that.
-
We can change flags as the need arises for a change is strategy. What's the difference?
-
This would add another level of planning to the game - but only if attack/defence skill points actually make a difference so there are real trade-offs happening as you reallocate.

Then we will agree to disagree. Perhaps if they made it so that each skill point reallocated was 10 gold or something, then maybe I could get on board, but your costs in your poll are entirely too low for wholesale changes.

Danger Mouse
07-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Then we will agree to disagree. Perhaps if they made it so that each skill point reallocated was 10 gold or something, then maybe I could get on board, but your costs in your poll are entirely too low for wholesale changes.

Remember, all this does is allow you to STORE more energy and stamina. Not GET more. It's not that big a change. There are only so many recharges in a day, if you constantly access the game the ability to store more energy and stamina does SFA to your game play as your storage never maxes out anyway.

redvenge99
07-15-2014, 08:39 PM
I dont think there should be a skill point reset.. ppl made there profile the way it is its not grees fault. Should have made an even profile from the beggining. Everyone wants everthing. You made the mistake by adding them where they are you made your profile what it is. You have to adapt to the game the game doesnt have to adapt to you...

Danger Mouse
07-15-2014, 08:45 PM
You have to adapt to the game the game doesnt have to adapt to you...

Rubbish. We ARE the game. If the game doesn't adapt to us, the paying customers, then we don't p(l)ay and where is the game then?
-
Tell you what, I think you're right where Gree want you - uncomplainingly taking whatever dross they dish out.
-
Besides, the profiles were made in a vacuum of information as to what those profile skill points may or may not be doing, and it ain't the same game it was when those choices were made. If the game changes and our profiles can't - does that strike you as reasonable when all it takes is some coding to fix it?

redvenge99
07-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Did you not think the game would evolve. There are 4 allocation choices for a reason. Some chose to be strong and put everything towards att and def others chose energy others stamina, but the smart players chose an even allocation.. you have to adapt to the game it doesnt have to adapt to you. Paying customer or not you either did or did not make the right choice. How is that anyones fault but the players.

Danger Mouse
07-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Did you not think the game would evolve. There are 4 allocation choices for a reason. Some chose to be strong and put everything towards att and def others chose energy others stamina, but the smart players chose an even allocation.. you have to adapt to the game it doesnt have to adapt to you. Paying customer or not you either did or did not make the right choice. How is that anyones fault but the players.

Ironically, I'm sure many of us made balanced choices thinking all the options would be relevant - me included. But you talk as if the games challenges haven't evolved from day one. This is a VERY different game to what it was 2 years ago when a lot of choices were made. What good does huge stamina do you these days? What do the attack/defence bonuses do? Many suggest they don't even work and were dismantled by Gree a long time ago. So, does my choices 2 years ago still have relevance to the game today? Of course not, so the opportunity to change it is needed.
-
I can't for the life of me see why you would say otherwise unless (a) you weren't around back then and have no idea what we're talking about; or
(B) you don't know that half of what you're choosing for skill points either have negligible impact on the game today or don't work anyway - so, gee, bet you wish you could change that, don't you?

redvenge99
07-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Att and def work for lower level lower stat players. why would they need to work when you have oh my god stats? You are right I havent been around for 2 yrs, but I have been playing for over 1 yr and i remember the fvf tourneys, but im fine with the choices ive made in the game.

bam bam.
07-15-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't even use the points I have. I only do raid boss, elite boss, n war so skill points r useless in my situation. How about jus making atk n def skill points actually relevant

Auspex
07-15-2014, 10:54 PM
I really think the biggest issue here is the company has changed the game mechanics from what it was.

The only positive thing that comes out of leveling is these 3 tiny points you can assign to 1 of 4 stats. 2 are disconnected due to hacks. These were not disconnected when we first began playing and it's only via word of mouth from people involved with game development that we even know these don't work. The company didn't let us know we were wasting our points. This opens up the question of 'What else is placebo'?

It's their game they can do whatever they want to it. As customers we can vote with our wallets when they do something stupid. Removing Att and Def stats points from game was something stupid without warning to customers.

As long as there is no clearly set out path that the game will take in development I will never sink money into it. I do spend money on multi player online games but I get exactly what I pay for not some random thing that might not be worth a hoot tomorrow. Sure all my paid for E-glory is fleeting but I know what I get and I get what I pay for.

Skill point repair and/or replacement in this game is long overdue, but until people vote with their wallets this company has a proven track record of not listening.

As a free player this is a fun game despite glitches and poorly brought out events. Maybe in their second version they will make money off people like myself who actually won't pay for broken e-trinkets.

Danger Mouse
07-16-2014, 12:07 AM
Att and def work for lower level lower stat players.

do they?? Not according to the post two down from you.

Danger Mouse
07-16-2014, 12:09 AM
I don't even use the points I have. I only do raid boss, elite boss, n war so skill points r useless in my situation. How about jus making atk n def skill points actually relevant

yeah, but you must use them otherwise you'd not have enough energy stored to trigger enough folders to trigger enough raid bosses.
-
and yes, if att/def actually worked so the strategy of using or even changing skill point allocations actually means something would be great. as would an explanation of HOW they work.

J1mcrane
07-16-2014, 04:39 AM
Why are we even arguing amongst ourselves about this?

Gree gave us the option of using skill points that they gave away as a small bonus for levelling up, the skill points then became useless! Those of us that chose use the skill points instead of energy are being victimised! It's not our fault that Gree took them away and even still offer them.

We're all here debating how much gold we should spend to be able to correct a part of the game???

I think we're all playing into their hands.

Gree should offer the change as a one off free exchange, once of course they have full explained the skill point side of the game.

mwfighter
07-16-2014, 05:26 AM

Reach L300 you can reset your skill points. Gives a good incentive to reaching max level.

mwfighter
07-16-2014, 05:27 AM
Make it L300, so there's some benefit of being maxed level.

Showtime
07-16-2014, 05:27 AM
Now, because I brought this to Gree's attention, and Gree will certainly increase revenue charging 50 gold per reset, does this mean I am now on Gree's payroll?

Rolinz
07-16-2014, 06:05 AM

It would only be fair for maybe both? When a player reaches a specific milestone level, like every 50 levels or 100 levels or even available in the special store?

Ajk
07-16-2014, 06:14 AM
Anyone ever notice that it has always from day one in this game stated that allocating skill points to energy is "recommended". I don't know but, maybe they were trying to tell us something. Interesting.

Ajk
07-16-2014, 06:19 AM
I would support a limited reset if they told us they weren't going to fix the Att/Def points. Though personally I'd rather they just made them valid again.

Buying unlimited resets isn't "strategy". GREE will just raise requirements even higher again.

mickymacirl
07-16-2014, 07:02 AM
How about just a simple explanation of how both skill points and defensive buildings change our stats if at all and what is the future plan for skill points?

Skill point's add nothing to stats, they aren't included in raid or attack calculations. A player with all level 10 defense buildings gains around 18k attack and defense stat in total.

Mastert55!
07-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Skill point's add nothing to stats, they aren't included in raid or attack calculations. A player with all level 10 defense buildings gains around 18k attack and defense stat in total.

Really? When I uprated from 9 to 10 air boost building, my stats jumped a couple million. I also checked to see if I received any units or boosts but it was just the building. 2% does alot when your in the billions as you know already.

GrimAmoeba
07-16-2014, 07:32 AM
Really? When I uprated from 9 to 10 air boost building, my stats jumped a couple million. I also checked to see if I received any units or boosts but it was just the building. 2% does alot when your in the billions as you know already.

You must have problems understanding the english sentence. OP said defensive buildings, not boost buildings. There is a difference.

Mastert55!
07-16-2014, 07:55 AM
We should only be able to reset stats a couple of times, too many people would either take advantage or the hackers would go crazy and figure out a way to mess with it. Maybe when we either reach every 100 levels get 1 reset.

dark2angel
07-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Sorry to use this thread but can not open a thread myself ...

Does anyone know what unit we get by completing collecting all 18 units from deadly bloomslang ? what are the stats and if there is any bonus ? Couldn't find any information regarding that in the forum

GrimAmoeba
07-16-2014, 10:05 AM
Sorry to use this thread but can not open a thread myself ...

Does anyone know what unit we get by completing collecting all 18 units from deadly bloomslang ? what are the stats and if there is any bonus ? Couldn't find any information regarding that in the forum

If you don't know then search for it

dark2angel
07-16-2014, 10:21 AM
If you don't know then search for it

LOL, I guess couldn't make myself clear . I searched and couldn't find it at the time i made the post. And was asking if someone knew about it.

BTW if you don't know the answer please don't quota me to simply post nonsense.

For those who wants to know of completing all 18 units , the reward is Boomslang Fleet (ground unit ), A/D: 222k/ 148k , bonus: +4% Alliance attack . Someone in my faction got it and posted the stats.

GrimAmoeba
07-16-2014, 11:11 AM
LOL, I guess couldn't make myself clear . I searched and couldn't find it at the time i made the post. And was asking if someone knew about it.

BTW if you don't know the answer please don't quota me to simply post nonsense.

For those who wants to know of completing all 18 units , the reward is Boomslang Fleet (ground unit ), A/D: 222k/ 148k , bonus: +4% Alliance attack . Someone in my faction got it and posted the stats.

Pretty sure anyone on here knows the reward since it's in the thread for this event. And BTW, I did know the answer that is why I QUOTA your nonsense!!

NexusImperium
07-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Guys I don't think you realize what you're asking for. If you add skill point resets then nearly 100% of people who care about this feature would reallocate to energy to complete LTQ. Gree would respond by making energy requirements for LTQ even higher since players are buying less gold.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. It would punish free/light gold spenders.

Dazzj10
07-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Exactly... Ltq would just become A LOT harder and take much more energy,, for how gree would mess with the required energy it might aswell be left as it is, not worth it at all

Danger Mouse
07-16-2014, 04:20 PM
Guys I don't think you realize what you're asking for. If you add skill point resets then nearly 100% of people who care about this feature would reallocate to energy to complete LTQ. Gree would respond by making energy requirements for LTQ even higher since players are buying less gold.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. It would punish free/light gold spenders.

I don't think you realise what is at issue. Resetting skill points doesn't mean you get more of energy, stamina etc. It doesn't mean you recharge any faster or get more each time you recharge. You will still get the same amount of energy or stamina given to you each and every day. Whatever you get per day now is what you will get per day then. Period.

What it does mean is that you can set it up so that you can store more of what you do get per day. This means you don't have to check back into the game as often for fear of losing energy or stamina once your storage maxes out. But if you access the game regularly, then chances are you never max out you current storage for energy or stamina anyway so it won't make any difference to you or your game play. It just means you could access the game less for the same result. Period.

That's it. That's all it means.

Danger Mouse
07-16-2014, 04:24 PM
And if the mods are going to hash together two separate threads, then please get them in order relative to the poll question I set up. Thanks.

NexusImperium
07-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Danger Mouse I understand what you're saying but let me say it this way:

Currently I have 1510 max energy. This energy for me regenerates in roughly 6 hours' time. If I were to reallocate my att/def to energy, I'd have 2760 energy, which would regenerate in about 11 hours. The longest period of time I am away from the game is about 7 hours. I recover 1680 energy in that amount of time. This is what I call my maximum nominal operating energy pool (or in other words, the maximum amount energy will grow when energy is in use). The hypothetical additional 1080 energy (2760 - 1680) I call impact energy which is expended at the beginning of a LTQ. For me that energy would be worth just a hair over 20 gold bars, or to Gree, about $2-3 in revenue.

Spread that loss of revenue across a few hundred/thousand (whatever) number of players who spend gold and you're talking about a large sum for Gree. I'm only level 91, I can't imagine what a level 150, 250, or even 300 would have in impact energy and how many gold bars that would amount to (probably up to 140 bars or about $12 lost). I need to check my sources but I believe statistically players tend to spend on average about $20 per transaction on these kinds of games.

I'm telling you, Gree has some Business Analysts working for them who are very highly attuned to this kind of stuff and I'm WARNING everyone that allowing a stat reset would not work out very well for the players who spend gold on LTQ!

Danger Mouse
07-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Well, let me put it this way. I'm nearly level 300. I have 5800 energy, which for me takes 7.5 hours. I access the game about that much as the longest gap, so get my full bang for the buck and only miss out occasionally. I allocated points early in the piece, you know, back when level 200 was the highest level, Special Ops was the highest rank possible, and the highest individual stats in the game was one million a/d, when you could be attacked almost indefinitely and stripped of all your money as there was no 300k maximum per attack limit and no one had ever heard of LTQ and this new fangled WD cycle thing was something exciting that was being publicised as coming soon so start a faction now to get ready!!!, anyway I allocated points way back then to attack and defence on the vague promise that they actually made a difference. Now we know they don't. So why should new players, who also now know a/d skill points make no difference, be able to plow all their points into energy or stamina while us old timers are stuck forever behind the eightball with useless allocations not of our fault?

Also, I like to occasionally sleep in. So an extra thousand storage would be nice to get that extra hour or two.

I don't spend gold on LTQ most events, because who needs more att/def and I'm not spending, even at my level, a truckload to close the gap. Only when there's a prize that does something else to game play am I tempted, and I'm not alone in that, not by a long shot.

However, if I was to get an extra thousand or two energy stored while doing something non MW, ie having a life, that might help me get closer to the end of the event, maybe then I might spend a little gold to close the gap? And I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

At present, the game is so skewed towards big spends and constant effort needed to finish events that people are walking away. How much revenue does that lose the company?

Ask those analysts which is better - helping people get close enough to a goal with a better balance of time needed to participate that they feel tempted to stay and spend a little to finish?

Or

Setting goals and participation rates that just turn people away as too onerous and they walk, taking their money with them.

Arc9761
07-16-2014, 06:57 PM
I don't see anything wrong with a single time reset at higher level. The game has changed since conception.

Danger Mouse
07-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Personally, I'm in favour of a one time reset at a suitably high level. That's what I voted for. But if gree want to do it another way that makes more sense for them, fine. As long as there IS an option to reset brought into the game.

Agent1200
07-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Ugh, I wish I could re allocate mine as well. But this can't happen, especially not for gold or real money! That would just make the playing field even more un even because your could allocate all points to energy before LTQs start, all to stamina when you need to raid for extra cash, and back to Atk/def during WD (if they were actually working).

Please, we all wish we could change them, but it needs to be a fair system and should be a move to balance this game. So I see no actual solution, just more and bigger issues with it.

So I think Gree should simply make the Atk and def skill points relevant. Then, bring back PvP tournaments or some variation of a limited time event using stamina, with decent prizes this time.

Wouldn't this be a better solution? For everyone, not just the cash cows... If you strip away all the free players, your game is gone.

codys21
07-17-2014, 08:41 AM
I definitely agree with bringing back pvp events, especially if something is done with a/d skill points. I, too, have been playing for two and a half years and have wayyy too many points allocated to a/d. So in order for a skill reset to take place, something must be done to a/d skill points and fully explained to us. If a reset took place before a/d was dealt with, then it may just be a waste.

Ugh, I wish I could re allocate mine as well. But this can't happen, especially not for gold or real money! That would just make the playing field even more un even because your could allocate all points to energy before LTQs start, all to stamina when you need to raid for extra cash, and back to Atk/def during WD (if they were actually working).

Please, we all wish we could change them, but it needs to be a fair system and should be a move to balance this game. So I see no actual solution, just more and bigger issues with it.

So I think Gree should simply make the Atk and def skill points relevant. Then, bring back PvP tournaments or some variation of a limited time event using stamina, with decent prizes this time.

Wouldn't this be a better solution? For everyone, not just the cash cows... If you strip away all the free players, your game is gone.