PDA

View Full Version : [Official Feedback] Data Surge

Tadaaah
07-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Hello Commanders,

A final fix went out for the Data Surge on July 2, 2014. If you are still seeing this, please let us know here. Thanks.

rushabhc
07-14-2014, 05:08 PM
yes its still there!!!! 1.5GB used in a 12days

Web323
07-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Still there......

RealLoads
07-15-2014, 12:22 PM
been fine for me thanks for the fix!!!

bam bam.
07-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Hows about giving everybody a vault of gold for blowing their data plans

Flash0810
07-16-2014, 06:09 AM
I had 2 months where I went over. I had to increase my plan the 1st time and this time at a $30 charge for going over.

Duncan00
07-16-2014, 11:49 AM
I went over 10 gigs last month and I have a 20 gig plan, so that's 30 gigs of modern war, of course I use other apps but nothing like what I use on modern war. Oh well.

Auspex
07-16-2014, 01:13 PM
I have been forced to use Wifi only for this game now. So no playing on the road and no playing anywhere except @ home. Limits my involvement and means I might look @ something else that works better with my limited 6 gig dataplan.

No lose though Gree as I don't spend money on this game anyway since so much of it is not working properly/at all and the Glitches and Hacks pretty much own the game. Still fun but just think if it worked right, you could hold onto paying customers not just us free players.

Rexhom
07-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Hello Commanders,

A final fix went out for the Data Surge on July 2, 2014. If you are still seeing this, please let us know here. Thanks.

Opened the updated ap. Collected and vaulted. Did 3 raids on one base. Hit the current FLTQ target twice. Returned to base and closed the ap.

24 mb used.

You call this the "final fix", does this mean job done problem solved?

Ahh who cares I'm done...good luck guys!

wet crack
07-17-2014, 02:58 AM
Opened the updated ap. Collected and vaulted. Did 3 raids on one base. Hit the current FLTQ target twice. Returned to base and closed the ap.

24 mb used.

You call this the "final fix", does this mean job done problem solved?

Ahh who cares I'm done...good luck guys!

Yep, definitely not fixed. Won't be far behind you Rex. Shame because I did enjoy playing this game

Mr TAS
07-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Definitely not fixed. Usage is through the roof on this game.

Totally unacceptable.

Cobra Kai
07-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Not fixed. Massive data surge doing anything from login to actually pushing buttons. I have a since stopped playing on my iPhone device due to overages.

pb23
07-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Hi guys! I came back to the forum to catch up on what I am missing... apparently more of the same incompetence and poor service that drove me away in the first place.

It is concerning to see literally 40+ pages of people cursing gree and dramatically altering their routines and lives (driving miles out of the way to access a wi-fi) only to play a terrible game.

I thought this game was pretty cool... but after leaving it and experiencing some other titles from other developers, I'm able to say for certain that there are greener pastures.

Break the cycle, stand up for yourselves, and uninstall this piece of garbage. In 4 months of highly involved gameplay elsewhere... I have not had to contact support ONCE nor complain on a forum...

This negativity shouldn't be a way of life. It's a waste of valuable time, money and energy. The solution starts with you. Click the delete button and watch your happiness skyrocket.

Hope all my friends are well!

Digger666
07-18-2014, 02:07 AM
Yeh I'm barely hanging on Pb, I'm playing another non gree game but I'm hoping this will be fixed. Just hanging in because of the money and time I've invested in the 10 months I've played this game. Out of all the glitches this games had this data surge has to be the worst. I will give it another week, if it's not fixed I'm out.

hubsy
07-18-2014, 06:17 AM
Try again!!

sstuutss
07-18-2014, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the updates. I guess we just keep waiting on 'soon'
One wonders why we needed a new thread.
Just incase someare wondering what the fuss is about

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?91902-Surge-in-data-usage!

Digger666
07-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Sooooo any news on a fix gree?

sstuutss
07-20-2014, 08:15 AM
The crickets are just as loud here I see

Mr TAS
07-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Gree, Tadaah, someone...... Can you give us an update on where this major issue is at?

Surely you have had enough time to resolve this issue. The excessive cost incurred by your consumers as a result of your recent changes to how much data your game uses is totally unacceptable.

To close the initial thread in the general forum and announce here that you have rectified this major issue is laughable.

Tadaaah
07-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Our teams are still looking for more ways to lower this. Many have come back with the previous fixes saying this has been resolved. We understand that there are still people experiencing this and are still working on more ways to resolve this for everyone. Thank you for your patience.

FromAfar
07-21-2014, 02:47 PM
So, I originally report this on May 20, iirc. it is still a problem.

then, sell a LTQ building while doing a quick money collect and your support staff wants to cop a hard line.

tadaaah, wake up your support group before you smell any more of your customers disappearing!

ticket number 1774219

Our teams are still looking for more ways to lower this. Many have come back with the previous fixes saying this has been resolved. We understand that there are still people experiencing this and are still working on more ways to resolve this for everyone. Thank you for your patience.

Digger666
07-23-2014, 03:22 AM

Why would it work for some and not others? Everyone I know who plays this game has the same problem. I just logged in and collected my money buildings, not even 60 seconds and it cost me 4.7mb... So I still have the same problem lol...

Digger666
07-27-2014, 04:38 AM
Hey guys, just had my account transferred from apple to android (must say I much rather the android platform even after being an iPhone fan for a few years). Just want to give yas a heads up, I've still got the data usage problem LOL..

codys21
07-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Definitely still have the problem. I used 460mb of data in less than 24 hours of last boss and 1.7GB in last week between data and wifi.

Mr TAS
07-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Starting another new cycle and this issue remains unresolved. Any update on this Tadaah/Gree?

jeffvan
07-30-2014, 07:39 AM
My android (Samsung Galaxy S4) has used 133mb since 23rd July. This still seems high.

Digger666
07-30-2014, 02:44 PM
My android (Samsung Galaxy S4) has used 133mb since 23rd July. This still seems high.

I have the same phone, limit my activity because of this problem and I'm almost 500mb...

sstuutss
07-31-2014, 07:40 AM
nothing to see here

Tramp78
08-11-2014, 02:35 PM
Quick question regarding data usage. When I go to my inventory, I frequently see the icons for the various units whirling away as it downloads the image. sometimes most of the images have to be downloaded. I'm assuming this is because the game doesn't cache the image file on the phone. Same goes for the buildings. Are those images being downloaded during that process? could they not be saved locally or do they take up too much space? Could lower rez versions of the graphics be produced and offered as an option for people who are having this problem? Could the ability to filter your inventory to only show units in your army (thus removing the need to ever download the graphic for hundreds of units)?

Sparkle
08-11-2014, 02:44 PM
It's still guzzling data. My 3Gig plan was stuckedness down in 5 days doing barely anything but playing Modern War.

Digger666
08-15-2014, 01:48 AM
Yeh come on gree, this problem is getting old and you guys still have not fixd this nor given any indication on what's happening!! Fair suck of the sav guys!!

codys21
08-19-2014, 07:29 AM
My data surge is no more. In past two weeks my data is back to where it always was.

Thumpr
08-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Actually....I'm seeing a spike again. I'm showing as 1.8gb used on iPad, 1.2 on one iPhone, the other I reset 4 days before the cycle ended and it used 132mb, but 3 of those days were home on wifi. Have a 4gb plan and used 95%...on MW.

Thumpr
08-21-2014, 03:39 PM
More people in my faction are now reporting data usage spikes.

Mr TAS
08-22-2014, 02:39 AM
This is definitely still not fixed but this mob will just continue to treat us as mugs and tell us it's fixed when it's not.

pick_sax
08-22-2014, 09:31 AM
epic fail!

and making threads difficult to find doesn't fix any problems.

and it's funny, as in strange, that lack of fiscal accountability always fails to yield results. please post the address so we can send you guys the bill for data overages! thanks!

codys21
08-23-2014, 09:15 PM
My data surge is no more. In past two weeks my data is back to where it always was.

I take this back. The last week I'm back to using about 5MB a minute instead of about 0.5.

Rpmjr
08-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Data spike back and worse, 1 gb in 30 hours, unbelievable. NASA doesn't use this kind of data

Merc_mw
09-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Will GREE have anymore information to share about this issue? Or has GREE taken a screw you attitude towards it.

Arctic Redleg
09-11-2014, 01:17 PM
What data surge, I guess I missed it.

Thumpr
09-12-2014, 08:15 PM
I do so love these text messages from Verizon, 'you've used 75/90% of your data plan...'. Next will be the phone calls. 1.8gb used on ipad, 689mb on phone1 and 624 on phone2. And a week to go for plan refresh.

Fix it like Bob Barker fixes pets!!

Thumpr
09-16-2014, 04:29 AM
Seriously....since this seems to be an ignored item, I guess my only recourse is through Apple. Three days left on a 4Gb plan and you've used: ipad 2.0gb of 2.1 total used. Phone1 860mb of 1.0 total used and phone2 710mb of 930mb used.

87.5% of my data used by you. Sooooooooooo not fixed.

Captmja
09-16-2014, 10:34 AM
Hello Commanders,

I had 2- $25.00 overages in July & August, must be fixed now because things are back to normal. Thanks for at least filling us in, I was going crazy trying to figure out what was causing the overages....

Some reimbursement would be nice........

DUSlider1
09-19-2014, 05:49 PM
In two weeks MW has used 570MB. It's not fixed. Most of my time playing is on my wireless network. I changed over to Mobile Data for a day during Raid boss on my day off because MW seemed to be having issues with my Comcast ISP. It would probably be lower if not for this.

Rpmjr
09-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Gree are you F$&/ing awake?

Stumps
09-23-2014, 01:45 AM
Nearly 4gb in 6 days.... All modernwar. I thought this**** was fixed.

No more 3g access for me and im only 6 days into my monthly usage.

CC1
09-23-2014, 07:24 AM
Not fixed. Tap, tap, tap is this thing on? Hello? Anyone there?

Come on Gree. At least pretend like you give a crap

Merc_mw
09-23-2014, 04:01 PM
I've been chasing this for months. We lost a few large gold spenders who got jacked up for data use on their company phones. Here is the last email from GREE:

Thank you for the screenshots and reply.

The issue which caused a surge in data usage a couple months ago was addressed and corrected.

I was able to confirm with our engineers that under normal circumstances, data is downloaded every time you sign into the game. Your entire inventory has to reload, and this can sometimes a little time, especially if you have been playing the game a long time and have a lot of inventory. If you acquire new items, the game reloads all of the data. At this time, we do not have a way to change this functionality.

If you check your data usage before all of the data has completely loaded, and then check it again later, it's entirely possible to see a jump in the number.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this matter.

Regards,

Morgan

Tedhok
09-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Since the last update, the data usage seems to have increase. Can you clarified what is normal circumstances. I go in and out of the game often, does it mean that it loads the entire inventory every time I go back into the game?

Also notice the game operates a lot slower, especially during LTQ. Energy was wasted because the application does no update fast enough. Let me emphasis, this issue start with the recent upgrade.

You guys need to fix this quick and get your programmers to stop giving excuses.

I've been chasing this for months. We lost a few large gold spenders who got jacked up for data use on their company phones. Here is the last email from GREE:

Thank you for the screenshots and reply.

The issue which caused a surge in data usage a couple months ago was addressed and corrected.

I was able to confirm with our engineers that under normal circumstances, data is downloaded every time you sign into the game. Your entire inventory has to reload, and this can sometimes a little time, especially if you have been playing the game a long time and have a lot of inventory. If you acquire new items, the game reloads all of the data. At this time, we do not have a way to change this functionality.

If you check your data usage before all of the data has completely loaded, and then check it again later, it's entirely possible to see a jump in the number.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this matter.

Regards,

Morgan