PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong with your battle matchups gree

Thatkidyouknow
07-11-2014, 05:21 PM
I play for a solid top 250 team. Many of us are free players. Only one of us has an attack over 60m. We declared war recently and was matched up with a top 25 team. That is bs. None of us had targets. I don't know how that is possible but it pissed a few of is off.(all of us)
EASY STEPS ON HOW TO FIX:

Step 1: Fix
Step 2: It
Step 3: Fix it

General Dudus
07-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Also need to fix ip scoring 267 pts time after time is a joke looks like the more ip bonus you buy your ip score goes down

Thatkidyouknow
07-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Also need to fix ip scoring 267 pts time after time is a joke looks like the more ip bonus you buy your ip score goes down

The ip bonus adds after the battle

Vile Lynn
07-11-2014, 06:10 PM
something has got to off with the matching algorithm if one syn has no targets on the match

...besides the hideout!

kimberleyj
07-11-2014, 09:00 PM
most wars they have problems with their match ups ,a top 750 team should never be faced against a top 400 team. the worst match ups was for the 24 hour war where only 3 of us had targets during most the match ups. it has put me off buying gold.

i have the second highest stats in my team the past 2 battles in a row we have faced teams that have had a dl that have a def 60 m higher then my attack.

namedud
07-11-2014, 09:33 PM
The ip bonus adds after the battle

You're thinking of victory bonus. IP bonus applies to each hit when the hit is made.

Hope you washed your feet today.

KingOW
07-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Nothing strange with the matching for us this far in, we've gotten a mix of top 10 teams and top 25/50, which is normal. It's all about luck.

alex88
07-13-2014, 04:14 AM
most wars they have problems with their match ups ,a top 750 team should never be faced against a top 400 team. the worst match ups was for the 24 hour war where only 3 of us had targets during most the match ups. it has put me off buying gold.

i have the second highest stats in my team the past 2 battles in a row we have faced teams that have had a dl that have a def 60 m higher then my attack.

A top750 team getting matched with a top400 team is fair I'm in a top250 team at best and got matched with the art of war which is ridiculous

The Hammr
07-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Seems to be a problem in the top 250 range. There is another thread on the same subject. We are usually top 500. We jumped to level 220 quicly overnight. (One of my new players discovered gold. Lol) as soon as we got above level 250 we had 4 wars in a row where the lowest defense was at least double our best attack. We stopped fighting and allowed ourselves to drop out of top 250 and stsrted getting more even match ups.

Dipstik
07-13-2014, 06:10 PM
The Molly maguires haven't had this problem. There are no teams the mollies can't beat!

Thatkidyouknow
07-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Seems to be a problem in the top 250 range. There is another thread on the same subject. We are usually top 500. We jumped to level 220 quicly overnight. (One of my new players discovered gold. Lol) as soon as we got above level 250 we had 4 wars in a row where the lowest defense was at least double our best attack. We stopped fighting and allowed ourselves to drop out of top 250 and stsrted getting more even match ups.

We have different cases. My team is consistently top 250 and all but one battle have had no targets. Top 250 aha isn't top 25 is a bigger difference than top 400 to top 250. Stats get exponentially higher as you move up

Simon.
07-13-2014, 07:19 PM
We found we got better match ups by declaring war on the hour instead of the half hour - have found most syns will declare at around the o'clock - quickest match ups seem to happen 5min after the o'clock - declare 5 min before and waiting for 5 to 7 min for war to start. If you declare at the 15min or half hour or a random time in between, you will have less syns to be matched against thus the higher the chance of a mismatch.

Just speculation I suppose, but I think it makes sense (in my head it does anyway)

What's the alternative if there's only higher levels available to be matched to? a pop up saying no match or waiting for 15-20min until one closer to your level comes along?

My preference would be a "no match, try again" popup after 5 min or so. nothing quite like being on a streak and you walk into a monster! Or even a popup that gives you the choice to wait, or an IP bonus modifier for the battle to take on a significantly tougher opponent.

The Hammr
07-13-2014, 07:25 PM
We have different cases. My team is consistently top 250 and all but one battle have had no targets. Top 250 aha isn't top 25 is a bigger difference than top 400 to top 250. Stats get exponentially higher as you move up

There is a hole in that logic. The help button under the war icon says that teams are matched based on similar atack stats. Nothing else.it doesnt consider a teams defense. It says nothing of a teams standings being considered. Nor does it say it takes into consideration the teams current score. Obviously none of that is true and it doesnt explain how matchups got so uneven in the top 250.

sfun
07-14-2014, 02:38 AM
Your current rank is definently a factor who you are matched against. We got a pretty bad match up this war, cause we where ranked to high the first day. Now we are around rank 75 and match up is more even.

The Hammr
07-14-2014, 02:58 AM
If they are taking your current rank into account they need to put that in the directions. I agree that they do consider rank. Its pretty obvious. They just need to tell us so we can strategize accordingly.

Vile Lynn
07-14-2014, 09:28 AM
There are a lot of factors for GREE's battle matching algorithm, not only Attack Stats.
-Current Rank
-Last War Rank
-# of members
-Avg Syn Stat (attack and def)
-The Mystery GREE Factor, which we all know makes us match up to a syn that's impossible to beat when your syn is about to finish a streak.
(I might have forgotten some)

Every war, GREE tweaks the factors to screw with our strategies and to improve on matching times.
I think they missed the mark with Avg Stats matches: imho, it's not right for one syn to not have any targets during a battle.

Winnson
07-14-2014, 09:45 AM
The Molly maguires haven't had this problem. There are no teams the mollies can't beat!

I heard they're totally buffed too, which is beyond awesome.