Mr llama
07-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Hit up to lv 6 of new lte and not one folder drop this happening to anyone else

Web323
07-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Got 21 folders total from 4100 energy

Joe Bloggs
07-11-2014, 02:38 PM
I thought taddah said drop rate had gone up!! It's gone down in my opinion.

Mars_100
07-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Received 3 folders up to level 11

Tadaaah
07-11-2014, 03:50 PM
The folder drop rate was increased for the days leading up to the event, but was put back to normal with the beginning of the event.

Graves
07-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Why, why was it put back to supa low?

Joe Bloggs
07-11-2014, 10:14 PM
The folder drop rate was increased for the days leading up to the event, but was put back to normal with the beginning of the event.

Please provide evidence that this is the case.

Thief
07-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Please provide evidence that this is the case.

How would the provide evidence without posting the code and you understanding the code?

I will say I noticed that they were dropping at a higher rate than past events.

Joe Bloggs
07-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Evidence.... Email, meeting minutes or task on their internal system asking for the two changes. I am assuming gree has quality assurance and has an audit trail of decisions in case of future litigation.

I doubt it is a code only issue as the drop rate is client side task. If one losses connectivity to gree's server the folder drop still occurs.

It must be implemented so that a super user can configure a probability of a folder drop on server side and it cascades down to our devices as part of a data push - we have had two recent data pushes. I suspect that it is this configuration which is supposed to be simple, that causes gree problems. It is difficult to get the quality assurance right as there won't be regression tests. it must involve a person based process that results in the creation of an artefact, probably a digital document, which allows quality assurance even if in a test environment. Without such a process the game experience would be tragic. Yes I think I just gave gree a back handed compliment.

Code would be pretty simple. It is relatively new feature of game. What mess the majority of the code would be after four years of dynamic change I would not hazard to guess. I doubt the original developers were thinking that it would last this long. I would point at the numerous comments on this forum as evidence saying the base code of MW is a mess.

This is all conjecture on my part. I suspect others would have a better view than me.

Apologies thief you did ask.....

07-12-2014, 08:44 AM
"E-mail, meeting minutes"...you people are literally insane. Step away from your iPad, walk outside, and stay there until the madness passes you by.

Thief
07-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Evidence.... Email, meeting minutes or task on their internal system asking for the two changes. I am assuming gree has quality assurance and has an audit trail of decisions in case of future litigation.

I doubt it is a code only issue as the drop rate is client side task. If one losses connectivity to gree's server the folder drop still occurs.

It must be implemented so that a super user can configure a probability of a folder drop on server side and it cascades down to our devices as part of a data push - we have had two recent data pushes. I suspect that it is this configuration which is supposed to be simple, that causes gree problems. It is difficult to get the quality assurance right as there won't be regression tests. it must involve a person based process that results in the creation of an artefact, probably a digital document, which allows quality assurance even if in a test environment. Without such a process the game experience would be tragic. Yes I think I just gave gree a back handed compliment.

Code would be pretty simple. It is relatively new feature of game. What mess the majority of the code would be after four years of dynamic change I would not hazard to guess. I doubt the original developers were thinking that it would last this long. I would point at the numerous comments on this forum as evidence saying the base code of MW is a mess.

This is all conjecture on my part. I suspect others would have a better view than me.

Apologies thief you did ask.....

In Theory that works great (and for a company like Intel or Apple a Reality) in reality this game is built on nothing but Spaghetti code and they are constantly changing things that even as a company they don't understand. Also there is no litigation. They own everything.....you buy gold or cash in game and they still own it. No reason for litigation as the only course of potential Litigation would be through apple or google.

1brent1
07-12-2014, 11:49 PM
Evidence.... Email, meeting minutes or task on their internal system asking for the two changes

Im sorry but this has to be the silliest pointless request I've seen on here in years.
Yes, you need to give your brain a break from MW so you can enjoy playing it once again.

Oh oh Gree
07-13-2014, 12:13 AM
Im sorry but this has to be the silliest pointless request I've seen on here in years.
Yes, you need to give your brain a break from MW so you can enjoy playing it once again.

Okay so we all agree that by EOD Monday, in the time zone of the mods choosing, meeting minutes will be provided and posted in the announcement section.