PDA

View Full Version : Why give top factions energy or health regens?

bam bam.
07-07-2014, 07:00 PM
The top factions just spend the money and absorb the timers. There is no point giving them health or energy as they just spend gold.

The opposite should be done. When you are giving out tiered prizes give lower ranked guys those boosts (tho i do hate tiered prizing). Alternatively attach them to things the greater community can achieve.

The gap between the haves and have nots is now astronomical. When I started playing a couple years ago you spent the money and got your prize now or you worked your backside off and did it the hard way but you were able to keep in touch and achieve the prize. I still have units in my inventory with 200/200ish atk n +2 energy. I earned it as a free player. I became a gold player and then stopped with the constant screw ups and false advertising. Get back to the games roots. Make WD the focus!. It's what built this game

Grizz875
07-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Eh the game is severely out of whack. All about gold now as seemingly the only bonuses given out are attack.

MojoJojo
07-07-2014, 07:35 PM
The top factions just spend the money and absorb the timers. There is no point giving them health or energy as they just spend gold.

The opposite should be done. When you are giving out tiered prizes give lower ranked guys those boosts (tho i do hate tiered prizing). Alternatively attach them to things the greater community can achieve.

The gap between the haves and have nots is now astronomical. When I started playing a couple years ago you spent the money and got your prize now or you worked your backside off and did it the hard way but you were able to keep in touch and achieve the prize. I still have units in my inventory with 200/200ish atk n +2 energy. I earned it as a free player. I became a gold player and then stopped with the constant screw ups and false advertising. Get back to the games roots. Make WD the focus!. It's what built this game

Lol. Don't worry bam bam. These +1 +4 energy units mean nothing. Gree put a bunch of them out there a while ago, and like a fool most of us chased them. Once we got them, gree increased the amount of energy to finish the LTQ. They are absolutely worthless because gree controls how much energy that you have to compleat it in the first place.
Anyone who is chasing that mythical plateau either loves the game or is an addict. It's not our loss.

One man army
07-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Think about it energy regen and health regen are really good bonus and its practically the best ones in this game. This game is a competition for the best spot yes it is practically based on gold but you can use a well built strategy to at least Improve your current rank.

lemonhaze
07-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Lol. Don't worry bam bam. These +1 +4 energy units mean nothing. Gree put a bunch of them out there a while ago, and like a fool most of us chased them. Once we got them, gree increased the amount of energy to finish the LTQ. They are absolutely worthless because gree controls how much energy that you have to compleat it in the first place.
Anyone who is chasing that mythical plateau either loves the game or is an addict. It's not our loss.
100% correct...

Thumpr
07-07-2014, 08:55 PM
My two cents...don't make it the top 3 prizes, make it the top 400. Something achievable by most factions if they are active and organized and will benefit the community....but also...I think it would be a money maker for GREE. The amount of people who will fight tooth and nail to get it....people who don't normally buy gold buying several vaults to get it. Win win for all. Well...the house always wins, but you get the idea.

Stumps
07-07-2014, 10:15 PM
This is one of the reasons the game is unbalanced. Gree only give energy regen to the top tiers, because these guys play with lots of gold. In turn, gree increases the requirements for LTQs (because the top gold players are around +20 energy per minute, as a guess).

This seems to be a never ending cycle that just keeps increasing the gap. I agree with Thumpr..... Put it out there for more teams to compete for. You know the top three teams will fight it out, irrelevant of the prize.

SpikeyKit
07-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Make the top prize a bacon roll

I am a cow!
07-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Make the top prize food or GREE gives u a BJ

Danger Mouse
07-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Make the top prize -10000% alliance attack. Now wouldn't that be a dilemma for SAW?? :D

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
07-07-2014, 11:16 PM

you offered them wisdom. I hope they read and understand what you've posted. Thank you.

MojoJojo
07-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Much respect to both of you, stumps and thumpr, but these units only make the game much worse. If you were around before the energy boom, and everyone had the same energy regain of 3, it didn't cost much gold to finish the events. You could prestage the maps and finish for min gold. Something like 80 gold to finish. Then came the energy + units. Shortly after that came prestige. Now, it's so much more energy than it used to be to finish.
I don't need bonuses that can be null and void at the drop of gree's hat. That's just a waist of gold and time.
Just my opinion though.

Danger Mouse
07-08-2014, 12:12 AM
I don't need bonuses that can be null and void at the drop of gree's hat. That's just a waist of gold and time.
Just my opinion though.

You just summed up MW at the moment. Not that long ago if you had 10 Mill a/d you were king of the world. That wouldn't get you top 500 now.
-
Everything in this game can be made null and void at Grees whim. Time everyone accepted that.

Thumpr
07-08-2014, 01:31 AM
Much respect to both of you, stumps and thumpr, but these units only make the game much worse. If you were around before the energy boom, and everyone had the same energy regain of 3, it didn't cost much gold to finish the events. You could prestage the maps and finish for min gold. Something like 80 gold to finish. Then came the energy + units. Shortly after that came prestige. Now, it's so much more energy than it used to be to finish.
Just my opinion though.
I was around then, got the bridge jumper even :), but aren't you also describing the difference between when Funzio ran thing and when GREE took over?

Who dares wins
07-08-2014, 02:26 AM
Kind of defeats this whole argument for example if you give energy regen at an early stage then by all rights it won't help as everyone will get it and the fact it argument say that it should not be a top tier prize why not the top players will still get it anyway no matter where the prize is placed !!

Danger Mouse
07-08-2014, 02:37 AM
Kind of defeats this whole argument for example if you give energy regen at an early stage then by all rights it won't help as everyone will get it and the fact it argument say that it should not be a top tier prize why not the top players will still get it anyway no matter where the prize is placed !!

The argument isnt whether the top tiers get it or not, it's why are they the ONLY ones eligable to get it? Why not let the lower levels have a crack at it.

Mastert55!
07-08-2014, 02:39 AM
Make the top prize a bacon roll

I'm not a huge fan of bacon, I would rather get a cinnamon roll.

Also it's a never ending viscous cycle, I actually stopped perusing any LTQ's that give out an energy regen, I only am after defensive boosts, air attack boosts or any other cool/rare boost like upgrade time or something like that.

Gree always wins, no matter how much energy regen you have in the end of the day, you will use gold to finish.

Danger Mouse
07-08-2014, 02:42 AM
I'm not a huge fan of bacon, I would rather get a cinnamon roll.

There you go Tadaaah. Next WD top prize request from SUP for one cinammon roll. Cutting it into 60 slices though could be tricky :cool:

Mastert55!
07-08-2014, 03:39 AM
There you go Tadaaah. Next WD top prize request from SUP for one cinammon roll. Cutting it into 60 slices though could be tricky :cool:

Now that would be worth 30k gold for...

Amxze
07-08-2014, 03:58 AM
Now that would be worth 30k gold for...

Lmfao I can go to the bakery and get one for $8........

jj JJ
07-08-2014, 05:35 AM

So being a new player since the start of 2014, I was super excited to see the last plus one energy unit a couple weeks ago. I bought two vaults of gold foolishly thinking I would try to get it. Then I saw what was required to get it! Not only did the faction need to complete the event, but then there was an additional 200k for the individual. That's several vaults of gold to complete it. All for what? A unit that will save you a couple gold on the next crazy energy event?

I have quickly come to realize that the energy events are just about as worthless as the Gree box events! I would encourage everyone else to stop spending on energy events. Eventually Gree will get the message. (on a side note, in my opinion, the box events are waste of gold as well! Spend gold and you MAY get a chance al this shiny digital object, but more than likely all you will get is this crappy digital object that will never make your Army).