PDA

View Full Version : Free Gems Gone?

Krayt
07-07-2014, 05:21 PM
I have two characters that both were able to view videos to get gems. Tonight I clicked on both characters and they both now have tap joy.

Is free gems gone? I have never heard of the offers being switched like this

Krayle
07-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Same thing for me, i'm hoping its some sort of error they will fix.

Quisp
07-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Was this part of the new update ? I have tap joy on one of my accounts. IMHO it sucks. I stopped getting gems on that account along time ago.

Krayt
07-07-2014, 07:20 PM
No this happened before I updated

collage
07-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Its the same for me. All I get now is Tapjoy. Whatever happened to the videos for free gems?

Valid or
07-07-2014, 07:27 PM
The videos seem to have been removed with the update, not sure why as the videos also come from tapjoy.
Happened to you before the update?,I don't know maybe tapjoy pulled them from gree games. Do there other games still have videos? My guild mates are noticing it after the update. I never had them to begin with.

Keijen
07-07-2014, 07:29 PM
This is terrible. Bring the videos back.

Quisp
07-07-2014, 07:31 PM
You can still get the videos.
They are just in tap joy
There is less of them.
Oh yeah also only 1 gem per watch.
And it's a far more cumbersome interface.

Think that about sums it up

Kipp
07-07-2014, 07:54 PM
This TAP JOY version to earn free gems is a pain in the rear. I've quit other games that used this setup. KA may be next on my delete list.

Gendur
07-07-2014, 10:55 PM
gone for all of my accounts who had free videos, it switched to Tapjoy now, did not do the KA update yet

Lys
07-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I'm totally going to give shady company X, Y, or Z my personal info, or sign up for something that's going to bill me every month and wants my credit card information to earn a few dozen gems.

Eff off with the Tapjoy and bring back the videos please. This is atrocious.

Quisp
07-08-2014, 05:08 AM
I have had tapjoy on an account for years and gave up getting gems a long time ago. Now that it is on all my accounts I don't expect to get nearly the amount of gems I use to get. I will wait and see but I suspect this will reduce the amount of gems I was getting drastically. I stopped buying gems months ago when I had several tickets go unanswered. Without any gems the game is impossible to have any fun playing. Sounds like it may be time to move on but I will wait and see what happens.

Kipp
07-08-2014, 07:46 AM
We have 5 KA games in our house. Between us we purchase around 1000 gems a month during wars and used the free gems to complete quests, EB and RB events. Now our cost of playing just doubled. We already have insurance, credit and magazines. There's nothing on the TAP JOY list I would feel comfortable giving my personal information to. At least with the videos I found some shows/movies I actually watched. Those advertisers got something for their money. That will never happen with this new version. I think it's time to put our KA spending towards some other form of entertainment.

Valid or
07-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Don't think gree had much to do with this, tapjoy made the videos and the player, all gree did was partner with them.
The tapjoy website has changed..they are now asking us to download a app for all their offers. Also the ability to watch videos has vanished from other games tapjoy are partners with. Think they are changeling their set-up, and us loseing the videos was from to tapjoy not gree.

Fromm
07-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Crime City still has the watch video option

Ryosaeba
07-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Just don't watch any videos or complete any of their offers. If no one participates then they will have to revert back to the old way.

Everything in this game has only gotten more expensive. There's no good reason to cut down on giving away gems. If anything, inflation made gems worth a lot less. I would estimate a mountain of gems now is worth about half what it was 6 months ago.

Valid or
07-08-2014, 10:19 AM
We should send in complaints to tapjoy, gree partnerd with them for the videos and offers, all gree does is give us the rewards, gree confirmed this long ago, prob still in the forum history someplace.
We are barking up the wrong tree.
Will it revert if not used..nope if anything gree will drop tapjoy and then we will have nothing.
We need to send our complaints to both tapjoy and gree, so they can work on a solution that works for all.

VX_G
07-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Everyone needs to send a ticket to support. We had tap joy in the past and it was and is horrible. The video option that we had not too long ago was awesome.
GREE needs to bring that back but needs to hear from the community first. IMO

Toddahhhh
07-09-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm not liking it either, I relied a lot on the videos for free gems, and I purchased gems as well. Tapjoy is awful, it drags you out of game (didn't we open KA to play it, not be dragged off to the web?) I don't think I will continue playing without the free gem buffer.

Valid or
07-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Really, given all the bugs and issues we have had, and not being able to watch videos(something not all of us could do anyway) was what caused you to join the forum and speak for the first time?
Or is this an alias as you didn't want your name on this thread?
That could be why there gone as not everyone could watch them, and this evens out the feild.

Quisp
07-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Robin Taylor, Jul 08 15:33:
Hello Quisp,

Thank you for the feedback on the recent change to Tapjoy offers. We recently found that AdColony offers were creating technical difficulties in the game, among other things causing high data usage. We choose to switch back to Tapjoy so our players would not be affected further by such issues.

I apologize that this change is unsatisfactory. Should we correct the bugs created by having it in the game, we may yet bring AdColony back. Your request for such will be counted in favor of that decision.

Regards,

Robin
Team GREE

VX_G
07-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Really, given all the bugs and issues we have had, and not being able to watch videos(something not all of us could do anyway) was what caused you to join the forum and speak for the first time?
That could be why there gone as not everyone could watch them, and this evens out the feild.
Instead of making things a lot more complicate it, they need to solve the problem.
We all know GREE too well for launching things not test it or with bugs.
Things should be fix at this point

Valid or
07-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Hello Quisp,

Thank you for the feedback on the recent change to Tapjoy offers. We recently found that AdColony offers were creating technical difficulties in the game, among other things causing high data usage. We choose to switch back to Tapjoy so our players would not be affected further by such issues.

I apologize that this change is unsatisfactory. Should we correct the bugs created by having it in the game, we may yet bring AdColony back. Your request for such will be counted in favor of that decision.

Regards,

Robin
Team GREE
So they had two partners, one for videos, and one for offers, adcolony and tapjoy.
But this explanation is understandable given what steaming things on YouTube does on 3G(it's a hog), I will guess watching them steaming videos must have been close to the same, given there explanation, Add in all our complaints on data consumption, and they must have thought this was for the best.

PM0808
07-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Crime City still has the watch video option

Modern War also still have the same set up. Just fyi.

Tadaaah
07-10-2014, 12:42 PM
All 3 should now be back on Tapjoy. We may look at moving back to AdColony when a full/permanent solution is set.

Totalwar
07-10-2014, 01:08 PM
As far as I remember since I been with KA over two years ago we always had watching gems vids so why it is a problem now I really dont know.I use wifi on my iPad to play KA so watching vids is no problem not a data issue.

Krayt
07-10-2014, 01:12 PM
I don't get how my always had videos but it wasn't a data issue in the beginning but then all of a sudden it is

Greybeard
07-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Hello Quisp,

Regards,

Robin
Team GREE

So, it looks like they are content with losing a lot of advertisement revenue! I'll bet close to 95% of us play on wifi, maybe more. None of my accounts get anything from Tapjoy for free and I sure won't be taking them up on any of their worthless offers. Why penalize the majority of us who enjoy getting the free gems from adcolony on our wifi? Just put out a warning to those who use cellular data that it might cost them extra heavy data usage if they view the free gem adcolony ads?

Capitalsfanatic
07-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Sure are a lot of $$$ associated with all those Tapjoy deals. As for videos, far and few between. Would sure like to see the in-game videos returned.

Lys
07-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Such a shame that Tapjoy is such a piece of ****. Basically everything requires personal information and/or credit card information, no one is going to mess with that crap.

All 3 should now be back on Tapjoy. We may look at moving back to AdColony when a full/permanent solution is set.

Miss Soprano
07-15-2014, 11:06 PM
It's bulls$&@!

Shadows
07-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Maybe you should talk to your husband about it; maybe he could lean on TapJoy or Gree ;-)

Toddahhhh
07-16-2014, 12:30 AM
"Really, given all the bugs and issues we have had, and not being able to watch videos(something not all of us could do anyway) was what caused you to join the forum and speak for the first time?
That could be why there gone as not everyone could watch them, and this evens out the feild."

No, not an alias, in game, I am Hiphopopotamus, but that was already taken here, but I haved used the handle Toddahhhh for gaming since 1997, playing games on the PC, so I grabbed it. I'm guessing many here weren't even born then, but I'm an old guy and a gamer from waaaay back (think Space Invaders when it was new) :) I tried registering here three other times after other issues, but apparently they don't accept from that domain name, this one took...so, hello!