PDA

View Full Version : Intervention

Big Red - Nomad
07-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Dear Gree,

We have brought you here today because we love you and because we all want to see you get better. Over the past six months, we’ve noticed that the volume of events is becoming a significant problem both for you and the way they are affecting our lives. Last between WD event cycle, you had 11 events and three weeks between wars. Now, today you release a schedule indicating there are going to be 12 events in 18 days before the next war. That's an event every 36 hours. I have lost two of my best friends in the game to retirement in the last couple of weeks due to your problem. These are guys who I have fought with since brazil.

Please for your own sake reduce that schedule because your programmers can't keep up that pace and countless events are bound to have massive mistakes. These mistakes and the near 24hour vigilance and $1000s of dollars this game requires is pushing us away.

Most of us here are here because we love this game and have played it for years and made many friends here. We want to keep playing the game and contributing money to gree to ensure it carries on.

I feel so strongly about this issue that I am willing to take steps to change my life, if you won’t change yours. Please, will you accept help, so these things won’t need to happen?

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
07-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Dear Gree,

We have brought you here today because we love you and because we all want to see you get better. Over the past six months, we’ve noticed that the volume of events is becoming a significant problem both for you and the way they are affecting our lives. Last between WD event cycle, you had 11 events and three weeks between wars. Now, today you release a schedule indicating there are going to be 12 events in 18 days before the next war. That's an event every 36 hours. I have lost two of my best friends in the game to retirement in the last couple of weeks due to your problem. These are guys who I have fought with since brazil.

Please for your own sake reduce that schedule because your programmers can't keep up that pace and countless events are bound to have massive mistakes. These mistakes and the near 24hour vigilance and $1000s of dollars this game requires is pushing us away.

Most of us here are here because we love this game and have played it for years and made many friends here. We want to keep playing the game and contributing money to gree to ensure it carries on.

I feel so strongly about this issue that I am willing to take steps to change my life, if you won’t change yours. Please, will you accept help, so these things won’t need to happen?

Interesting thoughts. Great suggestions. Unfortunately, THEY aren't ready. Their dedicated followers aren't ready. I'm afraid there will be more pain for many more weeks, perhaps months. Nevertheless, great effort.

Tadaaah
07-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks, Big Red, needed that. That's some of the funniest, but well worded feedback I've seen in awhile. The structure is fun and clever.

On a more serious note: We really do take your feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to word this in a constructive manner.

Alexindahouss94
07-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Perfectly worded Big Red

ScrewThis
07-07-2014, 04:16 PM
On a more serious note: We really do take your feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to word this in a constructive manner.

No you don't. We've been saying the same thing since this game went nuclear about a year ago. And has Gree changed anything? Yes. In exactly the opposite direction. Come on Tadaaah, you guys only care about money, not about us.

Big Red - Nomad
07-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Tadaah, that was the fastest reply I have seen from a gree mod, about a post which didn't violate terms or deal with a major IT storm. Guess you had a feeling the server restart storm was coming lol. Either way communication has been a nice step in the right direction.

TylerRocksWisconsin
07-07-2014, 10:05 PM
I agree.. there have been extremely WAY too many events lately.

Me: "Hello everyone.. my name is Tyler"
Support Group: "Hi Tyler"
Me: "I have been buying gold for a while now, but now I'm getting clean."
Random guy in the Crowd: "Preach! Tyler preach!!!"
Me: "Here is goes..."

mreilly
07-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Just wait till war is ever 10 days.. It will happen soon enough

Shinedown Gree
07-08-2014, 12:46 AM
Thanks, Big Red, needed that. That's some of the funniest, but well worded feedback I've seen in awhile. The structure is fun and clever.

Nothing funny about his post at all. It's a serious issue that we are encountering

Dog bite
07-08-2014, 03:53 AM
Well put Big Red.
Unfortunately it will be in one ear and out the other.
War brings profit ( in real and virtual worlds).

Mastert55!
07-08-2014, 04:40 AM
This needs to change. The last wait time for last war was good. But the events were piled up. Why doesn't Gree take it back a little bit? I know that events bring in profit but making less events will help in the long run. In fact, I cut down tremendously from buying gold, not even on the bonus program the past month, until Gree changes their course I'm not hoping back on.

ScrewThis
07-08-2014, 04:53 AM
Mate, I suspect Gree will start to see the backlash this cycle. I am one of the sheep who, to date, have done every single event. Always. All the time. To the end. Whatever the cost.

No more.

My eyes have recently been opened to what I am doing. When I saw, yesterday, 13 events lined up across 3 weeks I just said to myself, "Screw This". I am not doing any of the individual events - so ILTQ, crates, etc. are out. I will help my faction on faction events. Thankfully we do not consider "frontline" a faction event (it just sucks).

You know what? It feels amazing! It has been just few hours but already I feel I have been freed from the tyranny that is this game. Most of my faction mates feel the same way.

It was always going to happen at some stage. I am just happy I am here to witness it.

Lift Ticket
07-08-2014, 05:00 AM

So the truth is out, Gree employees don't take any of our suggestions seriously. It's just a mere joke to them. I thought this was well worded and captures the mindset of more than 80% of the MW community but is laughed at by the admins.....WOW, good job Tadaaah!! You are the FUNNY one!!

Dog bite
07-08-2014, 05:15 AM
I agree with you all.
I've cut my spend dramatically.
I still enjoy the game; however I no longer pay huge sums for the privilege.
I'll hit what and when I can.
I really enjoy the war ( except getting paired with SUP).
It's really only when revenue suffers that Gree will change.

Modern War Forum GF
07-08-2014, 05:29 AM
It's really only when revenue suffers that Gree will change.

They DID suffer, hence we been getting an influx of events .. Gree trying to make up for the drop in revenue!

So I feel it will only get worse, unless they listen and make it right!

What Gree needs to understand is that MOST of the players are on a fixed budget, and will not exceed that. So pushing of the ones that kept finishing everything will not help.

NaRciS
07-08-2014, 04:08 PM
This is the first game I have played online, my gold spend has gone from a fair bit to zero - and to be honest my stats have still been rising ok, The reason I stopped spending - it seemed whenever I spent money I got shafted, Now it doesn't matter... but I cant help but think that with the right support and correct vision you would be making a lot more pennies...

I appreciate your current policies - they saved me a small fortune :)

FYV
07-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Hello BigRed (and GREE PLEASE LISTEN UP)

I see nothing funny about this post. GREE you miss the point, and a sentiment shared by many players. You dont build customer loyalty by throwing tons of events their way when clearly, to everyone, they are just seen as money making opportunities. You need to rebalance the game. Eg.

Keep:
1xWD event per month (every 5weeks)
1xRaid boss per month
1xFLTQ per month
1xCrate event per month
Run the events only over weekends (fri-mon)

Remove
Everything else

Bring back
1xPvP tournament per month

Reduce gold/cash purchases by 20% permanently and remove adhoc discounts (can't remember when I didn't buy in sale, but by reducing I would probably buy more often. Dunno what other players think?)

THANKS FOR LISTENING AND ACTING ON FEEDBACK

Thorm V2
07-09-2014, 09:26 AM
This is how Gree read that message^^^^^

Blah blah blah blah blah money making opportunities blah blah blah

Blah
Blah
Blah

Blah blah blah blah gold/cash purchases blah blah blah
Blah blah blah buy more often

Blah blah

Tadaaah
07-09-2014, 09:31 AM
There is awesome feedback in the original post. I like the way he went about it. It may have been a poor choice of wording.

Bone Daddy
07-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Funny thing is, with 2 events going right now, I'm sort of bored. Never a big fan of create events, and I'm getting my free hits in on the FLTQ event going on but the energy requirement is so large I can only hit targets twice a day. The game does not require that much attention right now and through Friday so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

I do think more emphasis (i.e. premium rewards) needs to be placed back on WD events, that is where the game was the most fun. I used to spend a lot of gold during those events, but I can get similar or better rewards just blindly clicking away during some of the newer events.

TheBFO
07-09-2014, 09:52 AM

If this doesn't tell you gree doesn't care, you are just a mentally incapacitated individual.

He thinks your feedback is funny. What is actually funny is how Tadaaah just slapped all of us on out face.

It's ok, I just put in for refund number 4 through Apple. May not be much, but a total of 2k refunded means I got 20 vaults for free.

Wait a few days, and Tadaaah, money is back into my account. Thanks Apple.

Tadaaah
07-09-2014, 10:01 AM
If this doesn't tell you gree doesn't care, you are just a mentally incapacitated individual.

He thinks your feedback is funny. What is actually funny is how Tadaaah just slapped all of us on out face.

It's ok, I just put in for refund number 4 through Apple. May not be much, but a total of 2k refunded means I got 20 vaults for free.

Wait a few days, and Tadaaah, money is back into my account. Thanks Apple.

Apologies for the poor wording, as it states, it is really awesome feedback. A better word would have been clever. The way he set up the feedback was clever.

FYV
07-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Apologies for the poor wording, as it states, it is really awesome feedback. A better word would have been clever. The way he set up the feedback was clever.

No worries Tadaaah. Thanks for coming back to us. So will we see this awesome feedback implemented next month, at least partially?

;o)

Tadaaah
07-09-2014, 10:18 AM
We've passed along the feedback about players feeling fatigued from the large number of events. While we don't have any news on the schedules changing, the teams are definitely listening on trying to implement feedback on events into those specific events.

Ajk
07-09-2014, 10:23 AM
There used to be some "customer appreciation" rewards or events once in awhile. Now they are all just huge money grabbing events impossible to complete without massive amounts of gold. How about bringing these back. It would go a long way in showing you do care about your customer base. Small amounts of gold, units, ltq's that only took a small amount of time to complete.

Even the loyalist of dogs will leave if not thrown a bone once in awhile.

Tadaaah
07-09-2014, 10:33 AM
There used to be some "customer appreciation" rewards or events once in awhile. Now they are all just huge money grabbing events impossible to complete without massive amounts of gold. How about bringing these back. It would go a long way in showing you do care about your customer base. Small amounts of gold, units, ltq's that only took a small amount of time to complete.

Even the loyalist of dogs will leave if not thrown a bone once in awhile.

We are looking to start running community events again; we'll pass along the suggestion for these types of events as well.

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-09-2014, 02:03 PM
We are looking to start running community events again; we'll pass along the suggestion for these types of events as well.

Who makes these decisions, Mr T?
Is it a high level exec or a committee?
Take one of these suggestions, how long does it take for the boss (or bosses) to decide, and then how long to make the change?
Just curious.

Now I have a suggestion Mr T.
Is it possible to offer activites in bundles (maybe a bundle of six, and the player can choose 3 of the 6 to complete the bundle for example). You do 3, you get to open go after a higher level bundle (maybe 8, complete 4).

You get a reward for completing an activity within a bundle, and another wrapper for finishing the entire bundle.

Someone wants to be very busy, they can do them all, Other person not so inclined, they can do minimum or none.

Make activity tiers for factions and individuals, not all faction oriented.

Thank you.

Speed ump
07-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Keep in mind, you can always pick and chose what events you want to play. I play nothing but faction related events any more. Just too burned out, there's too many events. And the three day wds? It's wearing people down. Do a 24 hour one every other week maybe. That one that we had, was on a higher pace for points than when we have the three day ones. So better money in less time for gree, less wear and tear on us. FL is nearly as expensive as a WD also, so plenty of income from that and my suggestion. With the points maxed out at the top, there's really no reason to keep doing them all. Many, many people have left because of these reasons. No matter how much defense you get, you can't stop anyone from attacking. It's all about a good showing in faction events for me anymore. Nothing else matters

Lethiferous
07-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Speed UMP: Just dropping by to say hello to one of the fearless leaders of SUP.

Lethiferous (1st General and Ex member of original Emperors AKA penguins :o)

SPWD
07-10-2014, 10:37 AM

WTH,that doesn't look remotely funny to me!

07-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Guys, SERIOUSLY? Big Red was doing a clever play on an "intervention" (THE NAME OF THIS THREAD) where a group of friends and family members gather together to confront someone they love about a problem they have: drugs, gambling, alcoholism, etc. He then worded it in such a way that it appeared "Gree" was the one he was staging the intervention for. He even finished with a life affirmation and a "willingness to change" speech. He was writing his thoughts in a HUMOROUS AND CLEVER WAY. At no point was Tadaaah making fun of him. It was a clever joke to word his feedback that way.

The very fact it is PAGES later and someone still had to come back to this thread and explain this to you makes me fear for the future of society and wonder if Kellogg has developed a lead-based cereal many of you have been eating for breakfast.

Wow, this is embarrassing.