PDA

View Full Version : War 47 faction 250 against old shool warriors really gree?????

Z-Infierno
07-07-2014, 06:54 AM
Very disappointing and annoying to saw how our chances to get 50 wins were crumbling at war 47 when OSW were matched against us. Good move GREE and thanks for dump away all our hard work made during the whole weekend playing no stop GREE you really now how demotivated your costumers.

Apollo13
07-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Someone said the same getting matched against your team. Dude, you get good matched up and bad ones. Live with it. Just bad timing you got matched at 47. Anyway, it is streak that gets reset, you still got time for 3 more wins.

steelhead
07-07-2014, 07:44 AM
We're top 25. We got matched to a top 600 faction. Even their dl was too weak for us. I wonder if they were also on a streak. Wouldn't be surprised if they were screwed over by ".......".

DIABLOPEZ
07-07-2014, 11:28 AM
We are ranked 400-ish, matched with Only Sup Wins 2x!!
Mayor stats lost i can tell you that,

Any of Only SuP Wins reading this?
Bring some cash for rebuild guys!! :-)

Mr llama
07-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Someone said the same getting matched against your team. Dude, you get good matched up and bad ones. Live with it. Just bad timing you got matched at 47. Anyway, it is streak that gets reset, you still got time for 3 more wins.Very different, no one but top 25 or 50 teams should get a match like that. People have a chance at least with a top 250 team

Vile Lynn
07-07-2014, 12:15 PM
I'm sure we got some crazy-bad matches... Several rival DL's had def stats more than our entire faction combined! lol, kinda crazy, but it's war... lots of loses and some wins for the low-ranking factions. We almost got the 6-win streak but got a crazy match.

crazeejay
07-07-2014, 12:19 PM
We are ranked 400-ish, matched with Only Sup Wins 2x!!
Mayor stats lost i can tell you that,

Any of Only SuP Wins reading this?
Bring some cash for rebuild guys!! :-)
Sounds familiar. How do you think they get all those points? lol

Alexindahouss94
07-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Wouldn't be much fun for the top 10 teams to go up against other top 10 teams now would it? They wouldn't get any streaks and never get 50 wins except for SUP. So who do they go up against to make it fair for them? .......Us small guys

cfaucett1977
07-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Sounds familiar. How do you think they get all those points? lol
I am also in the top 400 faction, we were also matched up with only sup wins we were ranked 405 at the time of the matchup we have had at least 10 matchups this time around that their weakest player was three times stronger then our strongest player

Apollo13
07-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Not sure if this help, I find that if you put a high level, very strong DL, you get bad matched up...on the other hand, if you put an average stat player as DL, you will get better matched. Diablopez can confirm that because they change their DL midway and got good match up 2 wars back. British Legion also did the same and got better match up.

Z-Infierno
07-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Not sure if this help, I find that if you put a high level, very strong DL, you get bad matched up...on the other hand, if you put an average stat player as DL, you will get better matched. Diablopez can confirm that because they change their DL midway and got good match up 2 wars back. British Legion also did the same and got better match up.

i didnt know you can change DL during war will be interesting to give it a try thanks for the tip

Z-Infierno
07-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Guys have you noticed that always when it is a streak like 7/8 or half way like 4/8 you get matched with a strong faction quite interesting logic

I am a cow!
07-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Very different, no one but top 25 or 50 teams should get a match like that. People have a chance at least with a top 250 team

We got OSW McGurt and Original gunners as well as Texas and pew got crushed ... Absolutely destroyed

mikeh20
07-07-2014, 11:49 PM
We got OSW McGurt and Original gunners as well as Texas and pew got crushed ... Absolutely destroyed

I am a cow....sorry about that I'm in Texas we were screwed over as well. We got the legends of McGurt also. They are vary strong. Don't worry even top 25 teams get laid out sometimes. Most wars we have are all in top 10 or 25. It's ridiculous to know that sup gets so many easy teams but like stated before that's life. You guys had bad timing we needed 500k to get into the top 25 and had to put up points. I know mwk poor poor guy lost some stats. May I ask how many losses he took that war against us. Buy the way anyone reading we have 11 open spots if interested in top 25 team.

DIABLOPEZ
07-08-2014, 12:42 AM
Hey spaceman (apollo) you are right about that, when you get some bad matches you can change DL, this might help a few battles though, bad match again? Change DL again :)

Dog bite
07-08-2014, 04:09 AM
It was the complete opposite for me.
I have retired from a top 25 and now have a faction of just my main and mini.
I am the DL.
This war the highest DL I saw was about 70% of my attack.
In all previous wars any streak was broken by a strong opponent.
It was a nice change.

ScrewThis
07-08-2014, 04:46 AM
People have been complaining about match-ups since forever. Very, very few match-ups are ever fair. One side will almost always be weaker than the other side, it is just a question of degree (how much weaker?) It is only when you fight teams around your level that you can say both teams have an equal chance to win. But just how do you determine "level"? By reference to your current rank, your number of players, overall stats, gold usage, what? You will have as many ideas about that as there are teams in this game.

The only time I saw a real solution offered was when the teams posted a list of demands to Gree. One of the things on the list was, limit the number of times factions can be pared with each other to once per war. Although it won't address something as patently unfair as #1 and #400 meeting for a bit of a pow-wow, it did at least deal with the issue that every team faces (except SUP 1) - having to be beaten senseless by the same team over and over again. Gree said it could not be done (we said, bull, you're just too lay to do it).

I do agree that Gree's code seems to purposefully give you an unbeatable opponent when you are at the end of a streak. Gree has been asked about this but has ducked the issue every time. The number of times this happens cannot simply be chance, though. Like everything it was probably designed to get you to spend money - but some match-ups are just silly.

I do not however agree that there should be "ring-fenced" groups that can only meet each other, because it would lead to impossible match-up times and would cause chaos at the top. For example: Sup 1 will have to be on their own because no-one can beat them. The next 3 would only have each other to fight. Can you imagine their joy at this? Numbers 5-12 probably make up the next group, followed by 13-40, 41 to 80, and so on. The groups will get bigger the further you go. But at the top there will be no competition.

A better idea might be for Gree to ask SUP 1 and OSW to pay them what they usually spend during WD, and then they get awarded 1st and 2nd spots. The rest can then fight it out.

Modern War Forum GF
07-08-2014, 05:09 AM
I was used to streaking during WD, did so for last 8 months. Always got 50W and quite a few times 12 streak.

However last WD we skipped. After having a bunch-load of bad matchups and trouble (read too many gold) to reach 50W. We as a team decided our gold (which is limited) is better spend during faction events.

Stats gain from WD compared to events I feel was not worth the time and gold spend this last WD also saved us the feeling of getting screwed.

I was happy to see next WD's rewards for T-750 and T1000. We won't be streaking, but will easy into those 2 rewards.

On a sidenote: When not streaking consider a bad matchup a time-out ;) It don't matter much.

Mastert55!
07-08-2014, 07:41 AM
**** happens mate, we get paired up with bad teams too.

Bndawgs
07-08-2014, 01:23 PM
they need to have a forfeit button, so you dont have to sit there for an hour waiting to declare again.

Web323
07-08-2014, 01:37 PM
they need to have a forfeit button, so you dont have to sit there for an hour waiting to declare again.

That would get abused.

Auspex
07-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Yes it would, but still a nice idea. Let's face it, everything people can abuse they will anyway so why not add the option. Maybe limit the forfeits to 3 or something.

It would mean Sup would have 50 wins faster and could take the weekend off to go sailing.