PDA

View Full Version : Advise on buying gold please!

Joeycool
09-16-2011, 01:40 AM
Hi all!

I'm always going on about how I dont want to buy any gold blah blah blah.

However... I've come to thinking that actually I get to play this pretty great game for free... and the developers have got nothing back form me. So I thought I'd buy some gold to show my support and get them to keep the game running etc.

So I'm probably going to buy a £6.99 stash that gets me 110G

I'm thinking the best way to invest this is to buy a carousel for 25G. That way I can increase my economy. Does anyone know what the upgade incriments are for carousels. Eg. How much will the ugrades cost?

Or can anyone advise on a better way to spend gold? The weapons etc seem like the would only be a short term gain... and even then not that much of a gain when you consider a FAmas G2 rifle would use 100g and only give a boost of 46 att and 38 def.

Any thoughts or advise please? :)

cookies
09-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Do not have a carousel, but the icecream shop is rather nice. Level 5 shop gives 1425 every 3 hours and it was not too expensive to upgrade either, if i remember correctly :D

Joeycool
09-16-2011, 03:56 AM
Do not have a carousel, but the icecream shop is rather nice. Level 5 shop gives 1425 every 3 hours and it was not too expensive to upgrade either, if i remember correctly :D

Thanks cookies... that sounds quite good.

Anyone else got any advise?

redlabel
09-16-2011, 04:29 AM
ice cream is nice to have. Upgrade costs is not really high as cookies told u and mine, on level 9 is giving like 5225 every 3 hours. Go for it, twice!

Joeycool
09-16-2011, 08:19 AM
ice cream is nice to have. Upgrade costs is not really high as cookies told u and mine, on level 9 is giving like 5225 every 3 hours. Go for it, twice!

Cool. Thanks for the advise. I think that's what I'll go for. Just gotta save up a bit more £ to expand my hood so can fit it in.

MickeyTwoToes
09-16-2011, 01:12 PM
I was vehemently against gold initially, but I've come to the same conclusion as you. I probably wont buy much gold, but just a little bit just to show my support. Later Gold buildings give out more cash for the amount of gold you put in, but I imagine will cost more cash to upgrade. Since I'm not buying a ton of gold I'd make the leap for the later unlocked gold buildings. They'll pay out well at first and when you can afford the cash to start upgrading them they'll be pretty ridiculous in the late game. You'll literally be getting metric boat loads of cash from them.

Also, think about it from the Funzio point of view. They want people to buy gold, but when people get higher in level and have better econ/items those initial gold items don't look as attractive now that you are buying better weaponry/buildings with in game cash. Essentially gold would erode in value, to combat this and make gold look attractive the higher level gold unlocks give you more bang for your buck. They have to in order to tempt people to spend real cash on gold. My two cents and I spend way too much time thinking about this game, I mean I even wrote a guide.

Joeycool
09-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Yeah I read your guide. I wish it had been there when I first started out. Very good stuff. .. But I'd learnt most of it by myself by the time I'd read it.

Also I didn't realise that you bought the building with gold then
You upgraded it with cash. I assumed you would have tonupgrade it with gold too. I think I'll follow your advise and buy a high end building too. Already got an ice-cream shop and a carousel. They look like they are going tonne a big help to my economy!

MickeyTwoToes
09-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah I read your guide. I wish it had been there when I first started out. Very good stuff. .. But I'd learnt most of it by myself by the time I'd read it.

Also I didn't realise that you bought the building with gold then
You upgraded it with cash. I assumed you would have tonupgrade it with gold too. I think I'll follow your advise and buy a high end building too. Already got an ice-cream shop and a carousel. They look like they are going tonne a big help to my economy!

Ty and Good luck. I suggest the smoke shop if you have any gold left. :D

Joeycool
09-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah thanks... I'll have a look at that. Seen your thread for buying gold advise. Going to read that now. Hope you're not giving too much good advice to the competition!! ;)

Idiosyncrasy
09-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I bought an ice cream shop and a smoke shop recently, but I haven't had the chance to upgrade either one yet (working on an upgrade goal). I would agree that the economy approach would be better than the weapons approach. I also bought a med kit for the epic boss event, but it was quite worth it this time.

For me, I am wondering if I should upgrade to goodfella or go for something else. I bought a stockpile for this round.

I have previously purchased a stash of gold, and I am disappointed in my purchasing decisions. I bought some timer resets and instant opens on an auto-crate (did not yield good results) and then I bought a crate (common item). With my ice cream shop and smoke shop, it makes me happy to see them since they are tangible. The economy boost is also nice, which will continue to help you in the game.

Here is my recent gold thread, just for an additional resource:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?39076-I-bought-some-gold-what-should-I-buy

SoccerStud
09-06-2012, 07:49 PM
This is a year old!!!

Idiosyncrasy
09-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Wow, yes it is. Well, I'm not the one who bumped it.

Vince the Fist
09-06-2012, 11:42 PM
These suggestions are all very good. But I think the sushi shop is best. It will give your hood the sweet subtle aroma of raw fish.

Nick-Clark1
09-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Some good Necroing by BurningAss today. Although it's funny seeing these elite players asking simple & innocent questions a year ago :D