PDA

View Full Version : Doing Gree's job for them....

ScrewThis
07-07-2014, 04:06 AM
You all know the feeling. All of a sudden, all your devices start to beep with an urgent message from your team: "Come help, we paired with such-and-such a faction, everyone come score big time, we cannot afford to lose, buy more vaults if you need to, no excuses for under-performers."

How clever was Gree to make us fight each other in teams? We are practically edging each other on to spend more and more gold - which is more and more real money for Gree. Gree doesn't have to do a thing. They just sit back and rake it in without lifiting a finger (and I don't just mean the non-existent support). We do their work for them by demanding our faction members should spend and spend and spend to vanquish an imaginary enemy.

The peer pressure is enormous. You don't want to let your team down so you keep spending. Gree found a way to exploit the social element to the max. And we are all sheep led to the slaughter.

Great business model for them. Wish I could think of something like that.

Cuombajj
07-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Play for free, enjoy the game. Join the RESISTANCE!

Danger Mouse
07-07-2014, 05:01 AM
Play for free, enjoy the game, form your own one man army! :cool:

No peer pressure at all then. Wondrously liberating. So liberating, I couldn't be bothered doing this current WD at all :D.

Give it a try :D

Danger Mouse
07-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Seriously, the thing I find that contributes most to the burn-out isn't the grind to gree's schedule. It's the peer pressure cracking the whip to grind away to gree's schedule.

Without that peer pressure, the grind disappears and it becomes fun again.

So what if you don't dig in for the team and get that gazillion K a/d unit with the ashtray and extra nachos? There'll be another one along in 15 minutes and I'm taking my wife out to dinner with the money my anonymous, faceless, even nameless team "mates" want me to spend on pixels instead. :cool:

ScrewThis
07-07-2014, 05:13 AM
That's sort of the point I am trying to make, DM. We should stop shouting at Gree. They aren't forcing us to spend all of this money. Our own "friends" are!!!!

Danger Mouse
07-07-2014, 05:17 AM
I'll just amend my post above Screwie ...... :D

Sheldor Sir
07-07-2014, 05:35 AM
havent done last 2 WD done 2 solo iltq to normal and jumped about for last raid boss (its free energy) so relaxed now...................had wonderful weekend with family :-), everyone should try it just collect cash / upgrade for a month see where you are then

lemonhaze
07-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Seriously, the thing I find that contributes most to the burn-out isn't the grind to gree's schedule. It's the peer pressure cracking the whip to grind away to gree's schedule.

So what if you don't dig in for the team and get that gazillion K a/d unit with the ashtray and extra nachos? There'll be another one along in 15 minutes and I'm taking my wife out to dinner with the money my anonymous, faceless, even nameless team "mates" want me to spend on pixels instead. :cool:
thats exactly what i did..stepped out from a top faction and now back to enjoying the game and my wallet..lets be honest who really needs anymore attack bonus's after u hit 500m?

MrFister
07-07-2014, 08:43 AM
We have never been top 400 and average 550 ish. We only ask that you are active and have good communication. We love free gold and sometimes buy it. We always have 10 open slots and enjoy BSing on groupme over talking about this game. We encourage family time. We pass leadership to prevent stupid stress and burnout. Come have fun

Danger Mouse
07-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Pass. Having fun now, don't need Group Me to have that, let alone buy back into the whole faction hype. Thanks and good luck to you.

pick_sax
07-07-2014, 09:21 AM
yeah, it's all your psych classes rolled up on one convenient place. online gaming.

with the group, both pressure in and out. peer pressure to perform, and the desire to not to let the group down.

thunder
07-07-2014, 09:29 AM
thats why its mostly faction events now. not that much individual events

Danger Mouse
07-07-2014, 11:26 AM
I wonder how many people who spend thousands in the game so that "they don't let their faction buddies down" would spend the same amount every month on their real life buddies just because they want them to do it??

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
07-07-2014, 11:35 AM
You all know the feeling. All of a sudden, all your devices start to beep with an urgent message from your team: "Come help, we paired with such-and-such a faction, everyone come score big time, we cannot afford to lose, buy more vaults if you need to, no excuses for under-performers."

How clever was Gree to make us fight each other in teams? We are practically edging each other on to spend more and more gold - which is more and more real money for Gree. Gree doesn't have to do a thing. They just sit back and rake it in without lifiting a finger (and I don't just mean the non-existent support). We do their work for them by demanding our faction members should spend and spend and spend to vanquish an imaginary enemy.

The peer pressure is enormous. You don't want to let your team down so you keep spending. Gree found a way to exploit the social element to the max. And we are all sheep led to the slaughter.

Great business model for them. Wish I could think of something like that.

Yes, I don't spend a dime on this game. No one in our faction spends a dime on this game, either. We all agreed to play without using money, and we don't do organized faction events, by mutual agreement. If someone wants to do that, we encourage them to join a SPENDING, DOING faction. We all enjoy DEWIN NUTTIN. Funny how like minded losers find each other. LOL

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
07-07-2014, 11:37 AM

Genius, pure genius. If you ever wanna place to park your make believe fake character, you're welcome to join us. We DEW NUTTIN.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
07-07-2014, 11:39 AM
thats exactly what i did..stepped out from a top faction and now back to enjoying the game and my wallet..lets be honest who really needs anymore attack bonus's after u hit 500m?

Lets be more honest, who cares about attacking or being attacked. It's is all make believe. Stats mean nothing. It ain't real dude.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
07-07-2014, 11:42 AM
I wonder how many people who spend thousands in the game so that "they don't let their faction buddies down" would spend the same amount every month on their real life buddies just because they want them to do it??

Great question.
great thread.
Wonderful comments.

Vile Lynn
07-07-2014, 12:09 PM
I love playing for free! Love my little low-ranking faction mates, too!

Playing for free makes it more fun to tap when I can, and it's less stressful with all of the GREE screw-ups that free players don't notice too much.

Thanks to all the gold players! Wouldn't be playing the app without you guys! ;)

ScrewThis
07-07-2014, 12:19 PM
And there we have it. 13 events in the next 3 weeks. Gree just puts them out there and the factions will do the rest to make sure we all spend insane amounts of money: "Come on, pull your weight and score more, buy gold, yadda yadda yadda."

I encourage everyone, spend only what you think this game is worth and do not to listen to your faction so-called "mates" if they egg you on to do events you don't want to do. This is an illusion, a psychology experiment gone wrong. Take control of your senses!

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
07-07-2014, 12:38 PM
And there we have it. 13 events in the next 3 weeks. Gree just puts them out there and the factions will do the rest to make sure we all spend insane amounts of money: "Come on, pull your weight and score more, buy gold, yadda yadda yadda."

I encourage everyone, spend only what you think this game is worth and do not to listen to your faction so-called "mates" if they egg you on to do events you don't want to do. This is an illusion, a psychology experiment gone wrong. Take control of your senses!

From the pads on the tips of your fingers to their eyes and brains. I pray you've gotten a few to comprehend, understand, and act.

Dazzj10
07-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Free play is the only way, and the sooner everyone does it , the sooner gree will listen