PDA

View Full Version : Deadline to upgrade?

Bettle
07-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Gree,

At what time on July 7 will the clock run out for the hidden base upgrade? ET, MT or PT?

Thx

Splat!
07-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Probably 11am or 2pm a Pacific.

plavine
07-04-2014, 07:20 AM
I believe it is 11am eastern - I missed being able to finish level 10 by 30 min

SimonH
07-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Free gold videos are your friend =]

Aggressor
07-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Look at the goal in your goals menu. There's a countdown timer. Do the math and figure out the time it will end. ��

Namshilah
07-05-2014, 02:20 PM
I am on upgrade to level 10 of concealed headquarters, but will run 10 hours short, which should cost 50 gold...

... but no matter how much time is left, it continues to say I need 470 gold to finish it - which was the cost at the original 94 hour time to finish.

This did not happen at the upgrade from 8 to 9.

is this always the way it is with special buildings?
is this a glitch?

I have only been playing for a month so I don't know if this is a common rip-off or unique.

Thanks to anyone who has an answer!

Looking for allies:
594-269-972
989-520-373

Thorin
07-06-2014, 08:27 AM
I'm finding the same problem. I saved gold through the Raid boss and now through the WD expecting to be able to pay for the last few hours. I did this on a few earlier upgrades so they would finish before I went to bed and I could start the next upgrade, not losing the precious few hours.

This seems to be another gold grab by Gree. If so, I think it's the final straw for me. For the last crate event, with the upgrade time bonus I was at 9 crates (on 2 separate accounts) by the morning of the second day. Was not able to get the final one on either, despite opening 50+ crates over the final days. Seems like this company is insisting that we buy gold to finish events and perform well. Now I have to buy gold to finish an upgrade that should only cost me about 50 gold, instead it's going to cost me 470. This is BS.

As a software developer with almost 20 years of experience with a few companies, and 10 years or running my own development company. The one thing I've learned that somehow does not apply to Gree. Is that if you don't build what the customer wants you quickly find that you have no customers.

I'm still hoping this problem is a glitch that will get fixed before the end of the event, if it does I'll continue playing, but if not then I'm done.

mdf100
07-06-2014, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=Namshilah;1338342]I am on upgrade to level 10 of concealed headquarters, but will run 10 hours short, which should cost 50 gold...

... but no matter how much time is left, it continues to say I need 470 gold to finish it - which was the cost at the original 94 hour time to finish.

I have exactly the same problem. My land expansion timer is working, but not on the 10/10 building. Very frustrating!

Dirty Mind
07-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Out of curiosity, does your upgrade have a green progress bar? My lvl 10 dry docks did not have the green bar but I didnt pay attention to the finish cost. I think the headquarters worked fine though.

Namshilah
07-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Gree,

can you please respond? this is obviously something that concerns many of us.

I assume this is a bug, but could be a gold grab.

Can you please say whether this is working as intended or a glitch you are working on fixing?

thank you.

Namshilah
07-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Out of curiosity, does your upgrade have a green progress bar? My lvl 10 dry docks did not have the green bar but I didnt pay attention to the finish cost. I think the headquarters worked fine though.

There is no green bar as there should be, but the time to completion is correct. it simply says that 470 gold is needed to complete, no matter what the time remaining is.

I will be 10 hours shy, so i have saved 50+ gold to pay for that. I will NOT buy more gold to complete this.

sniff
07-07-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm in the same position.

I contacted the support and all I got was that it's a bug and they're looking in to it. Doesn't help me though and the money I spend on gold is worthless since I need 470 instead of the expected 120.

I don't have any intention on spending more money just to get the difference refunded later. If I can't trust the game mechanics to work where money is involved I'd rather not spend any money.

I guess they could manage to update the app before time runs out, but I'm not holding my breath.

bsmith2k3
07-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Dear sirs,

I find myself in the same position as the individuals above. I have 2 accounts. 1 account will complete on time by only 15 minutes to spare. Still neither account have a green progress bar. The other account will be 50 hours short. That should be about 220 gold. Which I have saved. But the finish now button has not moved down at all. Still showing the same 446 to finish that it started with. (I guess the different amount from the ones above has to do with bonuses. ). So I would like to formally request help from gree. Please let us know if this is a bug, and if time will be extended or not. Thank you

Thorin
07-07-2014, 01:03 PM
I contacted Gree yesterday and received the same response. They are working on it, but that's not going to help. With only an hour left to upgrade, but 19 hours needed , I'm quite a few short. I also saved gold through the raid boss and the WD hoping to finish this. Not only that, but we've spent a couple of weeks upgrading what is otherwise a useless building. Had I known that this was going to be a problem I would have skipped it. Or better, I would have used the gold to finish the 1-9 upgrades then would have had plenty of time to finish number 10.

I did finish one or two of the earlier upgrades by using gold. This was mainly to finish them before I went to bed, rather than have them finish while I was asleep and lose the "sleeping" hours that could be spent upgrading. Those upgrade gold costs worked. I specifically remember one had 7 hours and I spent 35 gold to finish it.

BTW I also don't see the green progress bar showing that it's actually upgrading, but the timer countdown is working correctly.

GoodGuy
07-07-2014, 07:31 PM
This is obviously not a bug but a way to get more players to buy gold to upgrade the building to 10 at the last minute with gold. Shame on you Gree! I was almost there.