PDA

View Full Version : [Attention] Raid Boss is Coming!

Tadaaah
07-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Hey Knights!

This weekend we'll be introducing a new event: Raid Boss! Below you'll find all the important details you'll need to know about this event. Please feel free to leave feedback and suggestions in this thread.

Grab your guildies and prepare for the biggest, baddest boss to ever cross the realms! This is your chance to put your teamwork to the test and fight together as one! These events are open to anyone that is in a guild at the beginning of the event.

While the event is active, many guild actions are frozen. This includes guild recruitment and enlistment, as well as promotion, demotion, and removal of existing guild members, etc.

How do we scout Raid Bosses?

All Raid Boss scoutings can only appear through leadership action within your guild. A leadership member must use gold from the Guild Bank to finance a scouting party to find a Raid Boss.

Your guild may have up to 5 Raid Bosses scouted at one time. If they have 5 bosses available to fight, they must defeat (or let escape) a boss that is present before they can scout new ones.

How do we fight the Raid Boss?

A guild earns Raid Points based on their performance. Raid Points are earned for each point of damage a Knight does to a Raid Boss. Don't be afraid to fight high level Raid Bosses, because although they are much harder to defeat, losing has no penalty to points earned. Fight hard and fight often, because successfully defeating a Raid Boss before it escapes awards a victory bonus to your guild's total Raid Points, and higher level Raid Bosses have a much larger victory reward!

All earned Raid Points are applied directly to your guild's ranking. Collect the most Raid Points by the end of the Raid Boss event to earn massive rewards for your entire guild!

Raid Bosses are fought similarly to Arena and Adventure battles, but use Raid Energy to initiate the fight. The armor setup you use for fighting Raid Bosses is different from the setup used in fighting against Epic Bosses or other features, so you are free to tailor your armor to the boss without affecting your armor setup for the other features in the game.

It costs 1 Raid Energy to start fighting against a raid boss. Raid Energy replenishes at a rate of 1 per 25 minutes and can also be refilled by tapping the Raid Energy bar at the top left of the Raid Boss menu.

What are the Rewards and where do I find them?

The available rewards for a Raid Boss can be viewed from the "Rewards" tab of the Raid Boss menu. Only guild members who fought in the Raid Boss event can earn most of the rewards shown for the various leaderboards, but every member of the guild that participated can get the guild placement rewards during the redemption period.

There are multiple ways to earn rewards, both through your own fighting against the boss and from points earned by your fellow guild members:

Top Guilds: Uses your guild's total Raid Points versus all other guilds competing in the event. Top prizes are going to be amazing and could even include items like Epic Armors for the entire guild!

Top Players: Uses your individual Raid Points versus all players from all guilds competing in the event. A unique achievement title is one of the rewards for the top player at the end of the event!

Milestones: Uses your individual Raid Points to let you earn bonus armor, chance chest keys, Gems, and more. Dozens of armor sets, including Fusion Boost Armor, are available for players of all strengths to earn throughout the event!

Guild Members: Uses your individual Raid Points versus fellow guild members to give better rewards to members who earn the most points for the guild. Fusion Boost Armor is possible, but your guild must work together to unlock better rewards for everyone at the end of the event!

Note: Milestone rewards are earned immediately when you have enough points, much like milestone rewards in PVP. For other rewards, each guild member must log in to the game during the Raid Boss event's redemption period in order to claim their rewards. Make sure to work as a team, because competition will be fierce to get the highest and most powerful rewards for each Raid Boss event!

How will the Learderboards work?

Each Raid Boss event has its own leaderboards which track your guild's Raid Points and your own Raid Points to determine the rewards you and your guild will earn at the end of the event. Check back often by tapping the "Leaderboards" tab of the Raid Boss menu.

B Legit
07-03-2014, 11:26 AM
When will rewards become viewable?

Austoneous
07-03-2014, 11:47 AM
When will we know the start time so that we can make sure that our guild is ready, this whole event has left us in the dark about when it will start, how long it will be, and the banner has disappeared on iOS. PLease let us know more if possible.

Djoxy
07-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Please post rewards and timing, so we can start preparing.

Djoxy
The Grey Wardens GS

ShadowDash1089
07-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Sounds good :) thanks tadaaah

Yongsan
07-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
* A million times over.
Thank you for new content. This sounds like it will be an awesome new feature in the game

Boxer_SAE
07-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Lol Youngsen, nice response. It is exciting I just wish they would give more info on it, it makes it hard to plan when you dont know when to tell everyone to be online lol.

SO PLEASE UPDATE US TADAA

NoName MNS
07-03-2014, 01:34 PM
I think this new raid boss thing is a great idea, it will involve both competitiveness and teamwork. nice work on this update GREE. :)

heavenssoldier07
07-03-2014, 01:56 PM
I would like to participate in this with my guild but i have been having issues with my account for 3 weeks now and still have no resolution or an answer on if ow when i will get my account back. Is there anyone that can help with this issue? Ticket #1697262. I really love the game and would love to participate.

Rookeye
07-03-2014, 02:45 PM
I would like to participate in this with my guild but i have been having issues with my account for 3 weeks now and still have no resolution or an answer on if ow when i will get my account back. Is there anyone that can help with this issue? Ticket #1697262. I really love the game and would love to participate.

Try PM'ing Tadaaah (GREE Community Manager) directly for some additional assistance/movement.

heavenssoldier07
07-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Will do thanks

Try PM'ing Tadaaah (GREE Community Manager) directly for some additional assistance/movement.

legalious
07-03-2014, 04:06 PM
I am ready to win!

Rookeye
07-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the details, Tadaaah! REALLY looking forward to this one!

Sand
07-04-2014, 05:37 AM
A new twist on the game.

I likey

scarfist
07-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the details, Tadaaah! REALLY looking forward to this one!

Ever since the latest update the game will not let me log in! I get a force close at every attempt. I've reinstalled game 8 times now and it will still only force close every attempt. Plz fix my acct. The game will no longer run on my phone!

jasobih
07-06-2014, 10:18 AM
I really hope this raid thing isn't here to stay the way it is at the moment.

I'm losing energy constantly, it's too long and time consuming and somehow just lacks what guild wars brings to the table as an opportunity to attack other guild members vs just attacking the same thing over and over and over.

Did I mention you attack the same thing over and over again?

Needs to be executed better and if its here to stay but in saying that I don't think it should replace guild wars and i think you will lose a lot of players if this stays as a replacement to guild wars.

It's too long and boring for this type of event maybe cut it down to a day, fix the issues and have it in the middle of the week so people have something to do when they're bored waiting for guild wars.

Please for now get rid of it until it's fixed or at least adjusted because it just isn't working.

From one annoyed customer that's lost about 50 war points thanks to glitches.

legalious
07-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Now that this event is just about over, there is room for improvement. Next time we should be able to see what people are wearing for the Raid Boss in the same place we can look at all other armor. I did enjoy the rewards from the milestones but the reward for Guild Member rewards seems kinda stacked (top 25 should have access to boost armor).

Bearded Justice
07-07-2014, 11:22 AM
The last 15 min was ruined by hackers. From happy tree friends total unicorn and a few others.
I am absolutely disgusted.

Dayic850
07-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Some reason after war, the game is telling me my guild didnt take part of raid boss; but we did. Other guild members were able to receive the rewards but it seems im unable to please help.

masterofthedark
07-07-2014, 01:44 PM
@gree support, @guild masters is any one else having issues with rewards not being given. It says my guild didn't rank and we were 654 when we ended. I have a very upset guild (masters of the dark) where even the top ranked players in guild didn't recieve any awards and it says on war has ended your guild didn't rank.
thanks for the help
masterodthedark

legalious
07-07-2014, 01:52 PM
This is an issue that Gree knows and is currently working on. (Clicking on the quote below will take you to the original post)

We are aware that there were several issues regarding the Raid Boss event. Our teams are currently working on sorting them out and fixing them. Please remain patient as they continue to work on these and they may take some time. We will be updating everyone as soon as possible. Apologies for the frustrations and delay.

roookey1
07-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Isn't there any way now after the finished Raid event to see how many points guild members made?
This could be important for internal competitions etc.

MystSnow
07-08-2014, 09:13 AM
I really hope this raid thing isn't here to stay the way it is at the moment.

I'm losing energy constantly, it's too long and time consuming and somehow just lacks what guild wars brings to the table as an opportunity to attack other guild members vs just attacking the same thing over and over and over.

Did I mention you attack the same thing over and over again?

Needs to be executed better and if its here to stay but in saying that I don't think it should replace guild wars and i think you will lose a lot of players if this stays as a replacement to guild wars.

It's too long and boring for this type of event maybe cut it down to a day, fix the issues and have it in the middle of the week so people have something to do when they're bored waiting for guild wars.

Please for now get rid of it until it's fixed or at least adjusted because it just isn't working.

From one annoyed customer that's lost about 50 war points thanks to glitches.

My guild and i enjoyed this event. It was much better then getting put up against guilds that are way too strong and never feeling like you accomplish anything. As to the attacking the same thing over and over, what do you think you do for the week long event when you go against the boss. Its the same creature over and over. This one you get to choose your difficulty. The only thing that i have found with glitching is the rewards. My guild ranked 451, but it says we have no rank. Myself and a couple others have also not received rewards but sent messages to gree.

I myself and my guild in chat had said that we like this better then the guild wars. With the milestone rewards and all the other rewards it makes it more fun to play and much better then the constant fighting of guilds that are way too strong.

I myself am bored with the guild wars because of there is no way to put equally matched guilds against each other.

roookey1
07-08-2014, 11:12 AM
I tend to go with the comment above: most of us have enjoyed this event, and the milestones are motivating for players to engage themselves. I just think that - just as the guild wars - they should only run on Sundays+Mondays, 4 days are way too long, and Sun/Mon would give people who have to work on Sundays a better chance to involve themselves. Or why not have regular 'war weekends' or 'Raid weekends' (Sat/Sun only), and 12 hour blitz wars in the middle of the week?

What would be great though would be some variation in the battles with the monsters - like different looks for their level, or some sort of displayed damage (at the beginning of the event I was always asking myself whether the orc's 2nd tooth might break off? :) )... fighting for almost 2 minutes against a single enemy without any variation other than the annoying 'missed strikes' tends to feel boring after a while.

What I am also missing but I feel would be important is some display of player performance within the guild *after* the event has finished.

dagrx8
07-08-2014, 03:58 PM
To take from a different MMORPG with raid bosses :)

Why don't you have it where the first 3 days of the guild raid be against trash mobs. Then, based on the performance of the 1st 3 days, the last day a "boss" appears for the guild to attack. The level of the boss should be based on the 1st 3 days performance and the rewards based on the level of the boss and how far the guild gets (with the best reward from killing the boss). I would think this would allow for the 1st 3 days where guilds can fight level 1 and level 2 trash mobs (depending on how well the guild is together), and the final day is truly a guild event.

Also, some sort of guild calendar would be a nice feature. That way the GM can schedule guild events to target level 2 trash mobs, etc., etc.

Just my 2 cents :)

Now that I've finished noting how I think the raid boss event should be improved, I truly enjoyed the raid boss. It was nice getting all that gear - helped level a lot of armor (kinda over generous). I agree with the feedback that something has to be done to break up the boredom of attacking the same thing over and over again. I also think something has to be done about having to burn energy on the raid boss that is near death. Kind of silly to spend the energy for a small amount of points for the individual (although I know the guild gets the bonus).