PDA

View Full Version : First Officer

Beamer 420
07-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Can we please create a first officer position? Would make merges a hell of alot easier. Leader wouldnt be able to boot first officer once one was made in syndicate. In event leader becomes inactive, first officer would take over, first officer would be able to boot non officers....etc....etc....etc

Dipstik
07-02-2014, 11:00 AM
It's the leader's syndicate. Period. They're never going to create a situation where two people have "co-leader" rights to the syndicate that could lead to them having to step in and mediate disputes. Imagine any situation where the "leader wouldn't be able to boot first officer" clause could become relevant and you'll understand why Gree will never do anything like that.

Don't like or trust your leader? Find a different syndicate or start your own.

Beamer 420
07-02-2014, 11:03 AM
I see it as an "option" you don't have to have one, but you can and once you do it stays unless person leaves. Kind of like a DL.....the leader is defacto DL, but you have the option to make someone else DL. With a few other caveats obviously.

Dipstik
07-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Ok, you make me "first officer." OMGWTFLOL You get sick of me pointing out how dumb your ideas are all the time and you want me out. I laugh. Syndicate starts to take sides. You want me gone, but can't kick me.

What happens?

You start sending tickets, obviously, and now your personal problems have become gree's problems. Ain't gonna happen, champ.

Kitty McPurr
07-02-2014, 11:30 AM
I like the idea of first officers, but the way this guy is structuring it is all wrong. The main reason to have a first officer is to be able to boot and promote while the leader is asleep or away for a holiday or the rare event of game loss from GREE's mistake or a person's phone breaking. It should be an optional promotion though as not every syndicate needs one.

Nighteg
07-02-2014, 12:16 PM
I don't care how you call them, first officer or a general, but there should be at least 1 more person able to boot people.

BrisingrBoss
07-02-2014, 03:44 PM
I don't care how you call them, first officer or a general, but there should be at least 1 more person able to boot people.
leader should always be able to boot anyone. be that first officer, officer or DL. but how about we make a first officer, or Sargeant, general, whatever, which would have the right to boot people bestowed upon him. that right could also be removed from him, or leader could just demote him to regular officer. that way, if leader has to go on holiday, he doesnt have to pass on leadership, and risk having that person take over the syndicate.

Idiosyncrasy
07-02-2014, 04:06 PM
First officer should have same rights as leader, except the ability to boot or demote the leader.