PDA

View Full Version : $250 to finish this LTQ

Suspect5
07-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Just did the math and found out it would take $250 to finish this LtQ thats with a +6 energy regain and iran flag, so for some it well be much more. this is just using all energy on solo not taking into account fac. just though it good to post how out of hand this has become and put it into perspective.
and for a +1 energy that well yield for me a total of 1728 extra energy in 24hrs. this is of course if your fac can finish prestige also. otherwise you just get 25% air D for solo.

and before you start yes i know i don't have to finish it and for that i don't plan on it. so what else is $250 better spent on (yes i know anything) but have fun with it.....go;)

( oh and I forgot to mention I started out with a full bar 4380 energy, started the event the sec the targets were avalable and I leveled up once)

2000y2k
07-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Funny the Omega War Chopper costed about the same when it came out late last year but came with a +4 energy regen per minute. Around that time the energy costs for LTQs also went up and made that unit a wash at best. +1 energy regen will do little if anything to help you out long term now that Gree no longer uses original NPCs and pre setting is dead.

lemonhaze
07-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Funny the Omega War Chopper costed about the same when it came out late last year but came with a +4 energy regen per minute. Around that time the energy costs for LTQs also went up and made that unit a wash at best. +1 energy regen will do little if anything to help you out long term now that Gree no longer uses original NPCs and pre setting is dead.

exactly..i tried to tell ppl that when they see +1 they are like ohh i gotta have this it will help me so much without thinking that gree dictates the energy used now and they just add more energy to a total ltq to eliminate the + whatever ppl has..best thing i ever did was step down from top 10 bc now i dont have to spend a dime on this game..still pissed at my self for all the dimes i did spend..and another thing that is sick is i can raid the people thats been in sup1 since day and completed everthing(happy i can bc they got killer iph i rob daily) but in reality i shouldnt even be able to touch them since they have spent un-godly amounts on the game and i havent

Jahnkman
07-02-2014, 11:00 AM
The gold to progress ratio is totally screwed up in this game. I saw that this event was going to offer a +1 energy and got excited. Being that I still have the default of 3per minute anything would be nice. So I purchased 3 vaults when there was the 40% sale. Then had to wait for the Red/white/blue event to start. So I just started plugging away on individual and got to 19/20 on prestige and now I am out of gold. I thought about it and was like wow, it is going to take another 1+ vaults to finish individual and I have not even started thinking about faction goal yet.

So I just want to say, you got me Gree. But never again will I spend money on this game. It is next to impossible for anyone to finish these events without spending a small fortune. And if you aren't in a faction that has huge accounts with all kinds of bonuses to help on the faction side, forget it. I used to think this game was about being active, but being active has nothing to do with it. The key is to spend ungodly amounts of real money and be in a large faction where others do the same.

No hope for the small guy to ever be competitive no matter how active they are. Because that top tier will get the +1 energy and rest will just sit back wishing they had a chance. Rich get richer ring any bells...

Pidgeot
07-02-2014, 11:27 AM
exactly..i tried to tell ppl that when they see +1 they are like ohh i gotta have this it will help me so much without thinking that gree dictates the energy used now and they just add more energy to a total ltq to eliminate the + whatever ppl has..best thing i ever did was step down from top 10 bc now i dont have to spend a dime on this game..still pissed at my self for all the dimes i did spend..and another thing that is sick is i can raid the people thats been in sup1 since day and completed everthing(happy i can bc they got killer iph i rob daily) but in reality i shouldnt even be able to touch them since they have spent un-godly amounts on the game and i havent

Its not that big a loss though. be glad you paid because of now, you dont have to. You have boost that most of us wish we had. If you dont mind me asking, whats your energy and health regen?

Ghost-12
07-02-2014, 11:27 AM
The gold to progress ratio is totally screwed up in this game. I saw that this event was going to offer a +1 energy and got excited. Being that I still have the default of 3per minute anything would be nice. So I purchased 3 vaults when there was the 40% sale. Then had to wait for the Red/white/blue event to start. So I just started plugging away
Same here my friend, Good thing i stopped at 14/20 when i saw LarryJackson`s information about the total energy required to complete it. There is no way to compete on this game other than overspending your way to the top!
Was looking forward for the Air defense boost too :(
Oh well back to raiding, growlers here i come!

Bone Daddy
07-02-2014, 12:16 PM
so what else is $250 better spent on (yes i know anything) but have fun with it.....go;)

Hookers and Blow are the obvious answers

KarenWill
07-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Just use the energy glitch ;)

Suspect5
07-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Just use the energy glitch ;)

cant, i play on a gen one ipad ;) no gold vids support ether.

SUPpose So
07-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Me and a few of my veteran buddies are leaving MW for Good!

We can't compete against factions like RedRum, Go Kill yo Self, Seal Team6, that are on Groupme hack rooms buying 100's of vaults of gold, energy boosts and many other hacked items for $20 -$100 per package. (Ever wondered how they suddenly put on so many points in WD and FA, are way ahead on Raid Boss etc).

This game is totally broken, tickets and screen shots have been sent from our Faction. We may only be top 20, but what chance have we got.

And for the usual crowd that say its lies..... ha ha ha we have a guy on one of their teams who has captured everything. So GREE you have the proof sent to you. now act!

You've lost us so ban me, i don't give a Toss.

2yrs investment down the drain. See you suckers !

ScrewThis
07-02-2014, 02:26 PM
It's only a matter of time before the upside down pyramid that Gree designed will come tumbling down. New players should have a realistic chance at getting boosts that will allow them to grow stronger, get more cash, get more boosts, etc. I'm a 2+ year player with all the goodies so don't assisinate me for moaning about this. The game isn't sustainable. Gree should out more of the good stuff at the bottom end of the various events leaders lists.

Modern War Forum GF
07-02-2014, 02:35 PM
It's only a matter of time before the upside down pyramid that Gree designed will come tumbling down. New players should have a realistic chance at getting boosts that will allow them to grow stronger, get more cash, get more boosts, etc. I'm a 2+ year player with all the goodies so don't assisinate me for moaning about this. The game isn't sustainable. Gree should out more of the good stuff at the bottom end of the various events leaders lists.

Sadly the top will find a way to get those too .. idea is nice .. but it won't work / happen .. sadly!

Dirty Mind
07-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Big deal. We did some math during the last Frontline event and figured to score the 523 million points that first place had, would cost around 8 million gold. we figured it out to about $80k before the gold program, so it would be substantially less, but still more than a really nice new car. I believe the score went up a few hundred million after that. So maybe be cost of a house in some places. $250 for a ltq seems like a bargain.

lemonhaze
07-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Its not that big a loss though. be glad you paid because of now, you dont have to. You have boost that most of us wish we had. If you dont mind me asking, whats your energy and health regen?

energy isnt great i rarely do ltqs its only +9 my health regan time is -71% which equals a hit ever 7 min not to bad

Mcdoc
07-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Individual Limited Time Quests are no longer within reason to complete.

So sad that you can't finish any particular event with less than a vault of gold when they run 4 or 5 events a month.

So in Gree's thinking - 3 vaults per event times 4 events per month ?

Is $1,200 a month the cost to complete all events ?

Seems like Gree really needs to re-think this model :/

lemonhaze
07-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Individual Limited Time Quests are no longer within reason to complete.

So sad that you can't finish any particular event with less than a vault of gold when they run 4 or 5 events a month.

So in Gree's thinking - 3 vaults per event times 4 events per month ?

Is $1,200 a month the cost to complete all events ?

Seems like Gree really needs to re-think this model :/
agree mcdoc the game has been going downhill for a very longtime..i lost all interest to buy any gold anymore and will never spend another dime..over 1b stats whats the point really?

Ps nice seeing ya buddy tell my fellow VFF's i said hello

Gen CheeBye
07-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Keep the gold for raid boss or epic boss. Individual LTQs should be scrapped.

Danger Mouse
07-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Other games have two modes of play:

The Turtle: Slow and steady where if you are willing to not sleep, eat or see the outside world you can eventually earn the full spectrum of rewards by completing ingame challenges for free (ingame cash/energy/stamina/time counts as free)

OR

The Hare. The pay for play short cut to the above where you pay cash (usually a small amount, but in many incements as most are tempted to pay) to get the results sooner than, or instead of, the turtle grind above and have a competitive advantage over the turtle earlier and for longer.

Two different modes, but still the same net results in the end if the turtle is keen enough to grind away to get there.
-
Those games seem to thrive and have an enthusiastic player base because everyone realises the only thing that seperates the turtle from the hare is the willingness of the turtle to slog it out. Noone to blame but yourself if you can't be bothered putting in the effort to eventually achieve the goals that the other guy paid to get now rather than slog it out.
-
In none of the gree events do you have the option to slog it out if you have the time and patience. They all require massive cash payout to complete AND time and effort. End result - a constantly griping player base where people burn-out and leave or become farmers resigned to never competing again, so why spend any more money on it?
-
Why can't gree do the same as these other games? Is it because of the silent "d"?

2000y2k
07-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Very true. Just like Boom Beach and how MW was early on when run by Funzio. I got all my health regen units early in the game and for free by upgrading unit buildings and planning for future events. All with no real money required back then.

Main issue with the game, if there is just one, is that strategy does not exist. if you want to do well you must spend.

Danger Mouse
07-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Very true. Just like Boom Beach and how MW was early on when run by Funzio. I got all my health regen units early in the game and for free by upgrading unit buildings and planning for future events. All with no real money required back then.

Main issue with the game, if there is just one, is that strategy does not exist. if you want to do well you must spend.

Ah yes, I remember that. Back in the good ole days when this was actually a real strategy game, instead of a bonfire where the only way to get that warm feeling is to throw more money on the flames.

Prettypupp
07-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Me and a few of my veteran buddies are leaving MW for Good!

We can't compete against factions like RedRum, Go Kill yo Self, Seal Team6, that are on Groupme hack rooms buying 100's of vaults of gold, energy boosts and many other hacked items for $20 -$100 per package. (Ever wondered how they suddenly put on so many points in WD and FA, are way ahead on Raid Boss etc).

This game is totally broken, tickets and screen shots have been sent from our Faction. We may only be top 20, but what chance have we got.

And for the usual crowd that say its lies..... ha ha ha we have a guy on one of their teams who has captured everything. So GREE you have the proof sent to you. now act!

You've lost us so ban me, i don't give a Toss.

2yrs investment down the drain. See you suckers !

It sucks to see people leave the game, but I don't blame you. Hopefully gree really looks into all the information that has been sent to them by all the people that has sent it to them so that we can continue to play a game that most of us enjoy playing.

lemonhaze
07-03-2014, 07:04 AM
It sucks to see people leave the game, but I don't blame you. Hopefully gree really looks into all the information that has been sent to them by all the people that has sent it to them so that we can continue to play a game that most of us enjoy playing.

i just seen some pics of a couples ppl gold and 1 had 65m gold and other had 87m gold..no wonder ppl can score 8 and 9m on indi so easy

Shrinko
07-03-2014, 10:14 AM

Have any of gree's actions shown you that they look at customer feedback? They are so greedy that it's shameful. I stopped playing after frontline and check in here once in a while to see if there any glimps of hope before I give up my base. So far I've seen none. I can almost guarantee you that we'll get the same frontline next cycle and the ltqs will continue to require hundreds of $$ to complete.

Thief
07-03-2014, 07:39 PM

While I won't argue the Absurd cost of this event I will say that the Omega War chopper was almost 2x the cost. (Was 6k-6500 gold for me using all of my free hits)

2000y2k
07-03-2014, 08:23 PM
While I won't argue the Absurd cost of this event I will say that the Omega War chopper was almost 2x the cost. (Was 6k-6500 gold for me using all of my free hits)

Can't find the exact walkthrough for the Omega War Chopper but this one is close.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?69234-FLTQ-Enemy-Omega-Onslaught-walkthrough&highlight=Omega+onslaught

Estimates about 5,000 gold but remember they used original targets back then so the true cost depended on what you had pre set.

Warhammer269
07-04-2014, 06:38 AM
It is good to see people waking up to the GreeD plot. Many of us have been saying this for almost a year now and it has just gotten worse. GreeD can suck balls, **** off and lick my sack. You want to play hacking and cheat games? I say let the games begin and GreeD can **** OFF. Your game sucks, only cheaters win and you **** everybody else over. Go **** yourselves GreeD. What are you going to do? Boot my account? Not offer me discounts on gold for being a premium member? **** me over again? lol You can take this game, turn the mother ****er sideways and shove it right up your ass!