PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What did you think of the 24 hour battle for empire city?

Zincincpink
07-02-2014, 12:14 AM
So... what did you think of the 24 hour battle for empire city? Was it fun? Was it too short? Was it too expensive? If this were to replace the SLTQ every second cycle would that be for the better?

Please post your thoughts about this event :cool::cool::cool:

Edit July 3rd 2014:
Based on comments so far here are some follow up questions...

Gold spenders: if their was a 40% off sale every time this event happened would you want to see it again?

Free players: if regen time was cut in half during this event to make up for half length battles would you want to see this again?

sister morphine
07-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Voted hated it. As a free player the normal wars are bad enough for having to wait 1hr 40 mins after doing four hits, but at least there are 3 days of it. This version just sucked.

I'm also free player in MW but my health fills up inside an hour on that game. Discuss (as someone said before they got banned, lol)

hoene$$
07-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Voted hated it. As a free player the normal wars are bad enough for having to wait 1hr 40 mins after doing four hits, but at least there are 3 days of it. This version just sucked.

I'm also free player in MW but my health fills up inside an hour on that game. Discuss (as someone said before they got banned, lol)

Exactly my opinion. With that regen time a no go.

Nighteg
07-02-2014, 01:26 AM

Agreed. Energy/HP mods need to be released, and not only as a gift to TaW.

Sleazy_P_Martini
07-02-2014, 02:28 AM
im curious to know why they went with this war format and not the street assault event they've been lollygaggin on. I woulda thought all their efforts woulda been on gettin that bad boy coded up!

sister morphine
07-02-2014, 02:34 AM
Agreed. Energy/HP mods need to be released, and not only as a gift to TaW.
I'd been wondering about that recently. Just how many +2 energy boosts have TAW been given now. I'm pretty sure the hardcore will have around +16 (in addition to the normal +3?) but that would make a huge difference in how much they need to spend to finish LTQs, or perhaps whether they need to spend at all unless by choice. It takes a normal player about 5 1/2hrs to generate 1000 energy; a TAW member with all boosts needs under an hour for the same.

Gree are not generally known for their charity work, so the question is there. Why is a single team being so heavily favoured like this? Couple that with Monte's claim of a special VIP bonus scheme for the favoured few and something doesn't smell right.

oderus_urungus
07-02-2014, 02:43 AM
I'd been wondering about that recently. Just how many +2 energy boosts have TAW been given now. I'm pretty sure the hardcore will have around +16 (in addition to the normal +3?) but that would make a huge difference in how much they need to spend to finish LTQs, or perhaps whether they need to spend at all unless by choice. It takes a normal player about 5 1/2hrs to generate 1000 energy; a TAW member with all boosts needs under an hour for the same.

Gree are not generally known for their charity work, so the question is there. Why is a single team being so heavily favoured like this? Couple that with Monte's claim of a special VIP bonus scheme for the favoured few and something doesn't smell right.

sometings for do smell fishy make no cents

Zincincpink
07-02-2014, 02:45 AM

They're not favoured they just get extra stuff from winning... And the VIP bonus program is open to anyone but you have to spend at least $500 in a calendar month to get rewarded for it.

http://sgiz.mobi/s3/GREE-International-Inc-Crime-City-Bonus-Program

Alter Ego
07-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Not sure if gree would ever release health regen mods in CC.
Would be nice to have shorter re-gen time on such events. 50mins may be?

Dipstik
07-02-2014, 06:38 AM

If something doesn't smell right, clean out your bong. They're "prizes" for "winning." Not "charity."

Evan1000
07-02-2014, 06:42 AM
Finishing in in the top 5k individual was nice for me, but I used 75 gold.. If they changed the regen time as they did the battle time I wouldn't mind having these more often

Tut
07-02-2014, 08:16 AM
24hr war wasn't terrible but I do have a real life. 30min battle cycles are tough to keep going, too long to regen vs battle length and overall huge gold sync for such a short event.

Biggy Smalls
07-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Would much rather just have a 24h battle instead of the normal 3 day one. You get it all done in 1 day, have the rest of your weekend free and don't have to try and battle whilst at work on Monday.

Wouldn't want to have 2 battles in a cycle though as is pretty expensive. And I very much doubt we will be seeing a 40% gold sale for the next one.

Miss
07-02-2014, 02:25 PM
It appears this event replaces SLTQ...

Since I can buy the grand Prize on the SLTQ with In game cash (bear in mind no XP gain either this way)
Not too happy

Tadaaah
07-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Great poll and feedback! Thanks for putting it all together. :D

reticlover
07-02-2014, 06:22 PM
I would rather see 1 24hr battle than a 3 day battle,

Oh_TheHorror
07-02-2014, 06:48 PM
It really does handcuff you if you don't use gold. Then, you always have the people who are late by 10-15 minutes. In a normal 60-minute battle, that doesn't hurt you that much, but having people show up late will kill you with a 30-minute battle. I do like the extra mods, but I wouldn't lose sleep if this never happened again. And let's not even get into the issue of bricks, which is already like finding a needle in a haystack.

Zincincpink
07-03-2014, 01:50 AM
So far 39% want to see more of these, 41% never want to see it again and the other 20% either didn't like it but don't have a problem with seeing it again or just don't care... Seems like very mixed opinions on the poll but the comments seem to be mostly negative. Here are a couple follow up questions then...

Gold spenders: if their was a 40% off sale every time this event happened would you want to see it again?

Free players: if regen time was cut in half during this war to make up for half length battles would you want to see this again?

Max Power
07-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Great poll and feedback! Thanks for putting it all together. :D

YOU should be putting these together.

sister morphine
07-03-2014, 06:06 AM
So far 39% want to see more of these, 41% never want to see it again and the other 20% either didn't like it but don't have a problem with seeing it again or just don't care... Seems like very mixed opinions on the poll but the comments seem to be mostly negative. Here are a couple follow up questions then...

Free players: if regen time was cut in half during this war to make up for half length battles would you want to see this again?
No, I'd like to see some way players can have the opportunity to obtain permanent improvements in energy regeneration. As said before I can regen completely inside an hour in MW and could do also in KA when I played that game.

Equally I can upgrade two buildings in MW and on my old KA games could upgrade 7 buildings on one and 6 on the other. In neither case was it necessary to be winner (or even top ten) during wars.

Obviously the winners there should have abilities other players don't, but the gap between TAW and everyone else is growing at an alarming rate.

Dipstik
07-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Obviously the winners there should have abilities other players don't, but the gap between TAW and everyone else is growing at an alarming rate.

So? They paid for it, they earned it. What you should be worried about is when those players try to sell the accounts.

Zincincpink
07-03-2014, 12:22 PM
No, I'd like to see some way players can have the opportunity to obtain permanent improvements in energy regeneration. As said before I can regen completely inside an hour in MW and could do also in KA when I played that game.

Equally I can upgrade two buildings in MW and on my old KA games could upgrade 7 buildings on one and 6 on the other. In neither case was it necessary to be winner (or even top ten) during wars.

I find it ironic though that the top prize is +2 energy regen... All it really does is make LTQs and SLTQs cheaper for TAW members, and in a lot of cases TAW members would pay to finish these events anyway without the regen. The prize that always has concerned me is the Top 3 prize of 10% influence increase because it makes the gap between the top 3 teams and the rest larger and larger every single war.

Nighteg
07-03-2014, 02:46 PM

I hope Tadaaah is reading this and doing something about it.

Keapa
07-03-2014, 06:05 PM
People complain that TAW Players use gold to win battles, now you complain TAW players spend less gold to do LTQ

Spend here save there. It balances out in the end and a good reason to win a battle.

Evan1000
07-03-2014, 06:12 PM

As a free/minor gold player- If the regen time was cut in half I would love to see this event again in the future

Biggy Smalls
07-03-2014, 07:35 PM
People complain that TAW Players use gold to win battles, now you complain TAW players spend less gold to do LTQ

Spend here save there. It balances out in the end and a good reason to win a battle.

It's your money so spend it as you please. Don't get me wrong it is an obscene amount that gets spent at the top but if you can afford it then fair enough. Out of interest how much energy do you regen every min and can you actually do ltqs without gold yet?

Keapa
07-03-2014, 08:09 PM
It's your money so spend it as you please. Don't get me wrong it is an obscene amount that gets spent at the top but if you can afford it then fair enough. Out of interest how much energy do you regen every min and can you actually do ltqs without gold yet?

I get 18. But those who have played longer are more again.
As for gold free, ask me after this ltq finishes

Vile Lynn
07-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Didn't like it at all.
If regen was double-speed for everybody, I might not mind seeing this event again.

I was hoping this was going to be like the 3xFaction War in MW. Those are fun!! But, I was wrong. CC WD was just a tiny war and not as fun as the regular war imo.

Zincincpink
07-05-2014, 12:53 AM
101 votes, thank you to all who voted and thanks for all the feedback on this event! Hopefully Gree can use this to better serve its customers in the future.

Personally I liked this event and would love to see it again in the future...

Vile Lynn
07-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Still don't like this event.

Nighteg
07-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Still don't like this event.

Me neither. Pure money grab.

Diamonddavej05
07-27-2014, 09:07 AM
So... what did you think of the 24 hour battle for empire city? Was it fun? Was it too short? Was it too expensive? If this were to replace the SLTQ every second cycle would that be for the better?

Please post your thoughts about this event :cool::cool::cool:

Edit July 3rd 2014:
Based on comments so far here are some follow up questions...

Free players: if regen time was cut in half during this event to make up for half length battles would you want to see this again?
A 40 percent off sale would have been nice

Gods of the street
07-27-2014, 09:10 AM
I like 24 hour better then 3 day atleast then still have weekend off

hoene$$
07-29-2014, 04:16 AM
I dont like it since the first day it comes out.

Regen Time ist a joke - 30min battle with normal regen Time ..
This Time a Refill costīs 20 Gold - Thanks for that big Deal :mad:

I cant see a advantage to battle just one day...In a 3 day Battle i am able to participate during 3 days so more flexible. Most of the players dont like it - but they wont stop it its a money maker event. /close