PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually get anywhere on these drop events?

Oh_TheHorror
06-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Without using gold, I mean. This is always by far my worst event. I've never unlocked any grand prizes. Even when you only need ten items for the grand prize, the farthest I've gotten is nine. I've never been close to sniffing the grand prize when you need to collect 25 times. For the record, I always do the paid chance. Has anyone figured out the method behind the madness of these events yet? I feel like there's some sort of algorithm behind it. I don't think it's purely up to chance.

AdamVD
06-30-2014, 07:10 PM
heavy gold users do

Dipstik
06-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Hold your device above your head, hop on one foot, and spin around three times before clicking the button with your left ring finger. Works every time.

Captain Torgue
07-01-2014, 01:16 AM
I have opened over 30 rockets now using cash hits only and no gold at all. Some people get lucky and others don't.

KarenWill
07-01-2014, 02:40 AM
Hold your device above your head, hop on one foot, and spin around three times before clicking the button with your left ring finger. Works every time.

Worth a shot

surfinguy369
07-01-2014, 03:51 AM
I have collected all 8 items yesterday using cash option only. I do only have 7 rockets so I guess you can call it dumb luck really.

Notorious94
07-01-2014, 04:10 AM
I have opened over 30 rockets now using cash hits only and no gold at all. Some people get lucky and others don't.

This is the same guy who mysteriously gained thousands of IP over night ? And now he's 'lucky' in opening 30....

I hear in Chinese lucky = hack.... But not sure if that's true

Captain Torgue
07-01-2014, 04:34 AM
This is the same guy who mysteriously gained thousands of IP over night ? And now he's 'lucky' in opening 30....

Actually those wins came from a HOR player who wanted his team to lose streaks and was spending his gold giving many DLs countless wins. I hope we match him again next war :)

Morgz
07-01-2014, 11:58 AM
the most I have ever gotten is 9/10 on a 10 case event. On the ones like this where you have to open 25....forget it. I dont think I've ever even gotten half of them. I do not (and will not) spend gold on these events.

Dipstik
07-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Collect 10 and Leaderboard events are completely different. Collect ten events have a progressively smaller drop rate down to 2% for #10. Leaderboard events have a different drop rate, but I'm not going to say it's consistent throughout. I've heard the drop rate gets significantly better after #20.

Da Don
07-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Collect 25 is a waste of time for free players.. Collect 10, however, is a different story... I've finished multiple collect 10 events for free, and sometimes the collect 8 items side event too...

hoene$$
07-02-2014, 12:57 AM
During 2013 i played the case events 10 / 10 + item sets and completed them all with a strong participation opening cases during the day. No Gold. I am sure they have changed something - in 2014 i finished not one of this case events. Dont think that it was the luck in the past - now i dont play this case things anymore. Another event to skip :(

Oh_TheHorror
07-02-2014, 06:59 PM
I would skip the event altogether, but I can't complain about free prizes. I learned my lesson with using gold on these things, too. The last one I tried it on was a recent one where a boom box was the grand prize. I had 7/8 of the prizes, and I just kept getting the same ones over and over. At a certain point, my luck has to change, right?

drewares
07-02-2014, 07:07 PM
I do not use gold and I've finished the goal aspect of the last 3 box events and the collect 10/10 "dodads" from the boxes. These ones I must agree are mainly for gold users. But the goal is still a good prize

TheWarthog
07-03-2014, 03:09 PM
I tried a little experiment this time. I used gold open for the last 20 hours and got nearly nothing of what I needed to complete. This WILL be the last time I use gold and may be the last time I participate in this event. Just not worth the time or IP increase to rob or do the ltq for boxes, and Gree's business model seems to lessen the likelihood of success with gold use.

What a ridiculous way to incentivize gold use. No business intending to stay in business and with even a hint of business sense would do such a thing.

Evan1000
07-03-2014, 05:59 PM
The case event that just passed I got 15 bottle rockets and 7/8 of the items, missing the rarest one using all cash hits. The only time I used gold for this event was to get the 10th on one of them and ended up wasting 45 gold as I never got it