PDA

View Full Version : iOS App

BrisingrBoss
06-29-2014, 09:16 PM
does anyone know of any iOS app that can be used to read this forum?

Idiosyncrasy
06-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Safari

char

BrisingrBoss
06-29-2014, 10:15 PM
that is not an app that is a browser, although a browser qualifies as an app, you know very well it is not what i meant.

Simon.
06-29-2014, 10:29 PM
There is no such thing as a Crime City Forum App...The forum is a website, not an App. You view it via a Web Browser like Safari. That is it.

BrisingrBoss
06-29-2014, 10:51 PM
I've seen apps that enable you to view forums. the crime city forum is not a crime city forum but a gree forum, which is actually a phpBB type forum. I was looking to see if anyone knew of a forum browser app that enabled to browse phpBB type forums.

Simon.
06-29-2014, 11:00 PM
Well why didn't you say you were looking for a 3rd party app? Try Forum Runner or TouchBB. You could also try Tapatalk. I don't rate any of them (I prefer Android and don't mind reading them on the web), but they're the popular ones.

Idiosyncrasy
06-29-2014, 11:05 PM
In a forum I used to run, we enabled tapatalk. A couple people used it, but I never messed with it because I always preferred access to the full site. I don't know if I even did much to configure it for use. That said, I don't know if Gree needs to enable something to be compatible with mobile forum apps or if it just works.

With most sites I browse, I prefer viewing the full site and I typically search for that option, mainly because mobile versions strip out certain features that they deem as unnecessary, but I like to have access to those features.

BrisingrBoss
06-29-2014, 11:13 PM
Well why didn't you say you were looking for a 3rd party app? Try Forum Runner or TouchBB. You could also try Tapatalk. I don't rate any of them (I prefer Android and don't mind reading them on the web), but they're the popular ones.

thanks for the suggestions. if you read my first message, you will see that i didn't ask if crime city had an app, i asked if there was an app that could be used to read it, making it clear i was looking for third party. thanks

sister morphine
06-29-2014, 11:15 PM
thanks for the suggestions. if you read my first message, you will see that i didn't ask if crime city had an app, i asked if there was an app that could be used to read it, making it clear i was looking for third party. thanks
I think the site owner has to enable those apps like has been said, so even if they're capable it makes no difference if Gree don't care enough to let you use them for it.

BrisingrBoss
06-30-2014, 12:34 AM
thats what i have been finding. Tapatalk doesnt seem to give me an option to find the actual gree forum. and TouchBB seems to have been removed from the appstore.

Max Power
06-30-2014, 06:17 AM
I think the site owner has to enable those apps like has been said, so even if they're capable it makes no difference if Gree don't care enough to let you use them for it.

This is true, and I think CCMark addressed this back in the day. Gree does not do Tapatalk. I forget the reason (data sharing? Privacy? Settings? Fees?), but they had a specific one and I don't think that will change.

Also, I think the initial question was quite obvious. No idea why people have to be so pedantic.