PDA

View Full Version : Frontline or Full Assault?

manbeast
06-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Just for fun let's say you have to pick one of them.. Which would it be?!

Personally I think the last full assault we had was a great event. They worked out all the problems except for unit selection and the rewards system... Frontline is just a really dumb event and is no fun for me

yoyo1
06-29-2014, 12:30 PM
full assault - by far!!!
full assault is a fight against a human rival - real strategy. more than WD
frontline is just dropping units :(

Pidgeot
06-29-2014, 01:08 PM
Its hard to say. Full Assault did everything wrong. Frontline did most things wrong. The big issue with Full Assault is you have a ton of units to cycle through and I mean a ton. I have 8000 units and to look through them all for a 2k unit I dont take to battle is hard. Do that for every unit type and if it does make your battles, you get a warning each time. The lag issues and servers not updating fast enough are also issue. HOWEVER, if for Full Assault they let you pick 4 units to add to a "hot bar" to deploy without warning, that would be great.

With Frontline, I had a issue with the servers updating correctly. I almost missed my reward because it said I was ranked 1.6m in 10000 place but when I reset my tablet (thank Sephiroth I did), I was in 14000 place with 1.6m points so I had to rush to make 11000 to get the place I wanted. The other issue was unit strengths were too far apart. The event being 2 days long was not that big a deal but this is also a fast event like Full Assault so 1 day is for the best. The 1 hour battles were also too long. 30 minutes are for the best because most factions just sat around waiting for the final 5 to 10 minutes to attack.

The deploy regen was horrid. 5 minutes for 1 deploy is a bad idea and the person who thought of that should be fired. Regen should be about 10 every 5 minutes, with 30 minutes battles. The one thing Frontline does right is the battles are very responsive and you get points whether or not you win nodes. I perfer Frontline because of that alone as its VERY easy to lose games because you got no nodes. The Prizing was odd as well. There is no real incentive to come first because second place offers the best prize so our faction only scored enough points to just get the 25 tanks, as they are better then the carrier. I also noticed that the Frontline units are no longer in the store so I have no time between now and the next Frontline to set myself up.

How to make Full Assault better:
- Add a hot bar to allow players to select 4 units from their inventory and add them to it, without warning to deploy
- Make the server sync instant
- Award points for deploying, like Frontline
- Keep it a 1 day even
- 30 minute battles
- Make rewards really good for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place to justify stat loss
- If a unit reaches x0, its data is removed from inventory.

How to make Frontline better;
- Make 1st, 2nd and 3rd place rewards better
- Make into a 1 day event
- Make into 30 minute battles
- Give more time to prepare for Frontline (I used 552m to buy Growlers thinking I would use them for Frontline)
- Fix server ranking issues so players dont miss rank thinking they have their ranking goal
- Balance the strength between the units and reduce/increase the cost accordingly
- FIX DEPLOY REGEN

Thats all I got. Im sure others can add to it.

Alexpompu
06-29-2014, 01:14 PM
I really enjoyed this event. I had no problems, and other than the insane regen time, myself and most of my faction had a blast with it! I think gree did a really good job with this one

SevenO9
06-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Full Assault. Hands down.

kmikulz
06-29-2014, 01:43 PM
What I hated about Front Line.

1)Deploy time is horrible, needs to be 1 deploy per minute or at least 1 deploy every 2 minutes.
2)When buying units IOS does not display how many you have bought. Droid does, this needs fixed.
3)Instead of 1 click per deploy you should be able to do either 1,5,10,25,50. Tired of the nonstop clicking Gree
4)Needs more unit options, not all players can buy a bunch of tanks, and high IPH players need another cash option to buy.
5) 1 hour wars is too long, 15 or 30 min per war would be better
6) 48 hours is too long, 24 hours is plenty enough

What I like
1) my stats didnt drop
2) Units much easier to find
3) LTQ along with it was cool

Jannski
06-29-2014, 01:52 PM
When we deploy new systems at work, no matter how much people griped about the last one, it becomes awesome in comparison to the new one. Human nature.

That being said, the things I liked about front line in comparison to full assault....

-I liked 4 dedicated unit types that do not burn your attack/defense.
-I was ok with hour long wars, as it gave me time to do other stuff this weekend.

What I didn't like is a longer list than what I liked. Regen time was hilariously long for someone who wouldn't think of spending gold on this. The prizes you would get if you did spend gold made it even funnier. My favorite was the conversation guessing how it ended due to no results screen.

Someone on another thread said it well... It's like a game within the game with nothing that relates to the actual game in it.

I hated full assault with a passion. This event was tolerable, but needs some work for me to actually look forward to it.

1GaDawg85
06-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Both were trash

SPWD
06-29-2014, 02:07 PM
This ^^^^^^^^^

megaants
06-29-2014, 02:23 PM
without dropping gold on deployment, frontline becomes stupid if the game is trying to allow players to use their IPH as a weapon like in full assault.

Going all out in frontline (max regen) will probably cost less than a billion at worst. For full assault, the bill could easily be 5 billion up to 10 billion if you deploy growlers only.

There needs to be a balance somewhere.

Agent Orange
06-29-2014, 02:32 PM
I would say Frontline. It wasn't perfect but at least for those that use strategy vs spending it was good.

Battles were too long, 30 minutes would do. Match up times were also long, though I found them reasonably fair. Light gold and free players with a bit of work stood a bit of a chance.

I never liked Faulty Assault, perhaps because each successive version sucked more then the preceeding. Plus the painfull scrolling through inventory, and then finding the unit(s) you were looking for were not showing up...

I personally much preferred the 24 hour version of WD. It didn't suck down your entire weekend.

But in terms of strategy vs spending Frontline was probably the best of the worse so far....

In the other thread Sgt Rudd had some good comments and if implimented I think Frontline would be a keeper. It might even make me want to spend let alone come out of retirement.

But whatever we wind up with Gree's R&D manager for MW needs a slap, and the beta testers need to actually provide feedback that is used. If what was said about beta testers being afraid to say negative things is true then the entire beta program needs to be scrapped....

Shrinko
06-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Frontline is total trash. Garbage. Get a new set of beta testers as I already said. You should've known this event was garbage before you released it.

The biggest problem with full assault was searching through the inventory, so just let people select about 5 of their favorite units of each type to be used in the event (5 sea, 5 air, 5 infantry, 5 ground). That will allow for diversity and better playing experience. In frontline you gave no options whatsoever. Everyone who was smart was using only tanks and those who are stupid used cruisers. People whose income is low simply had to sit this event out. Your beta testers are a huge problem. Get rid of them. Make sure that beta testers spread out among different fractions at different levels and that top factions are not over represented.

Evil Mastermind
06-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Neither event is all that great but Frontline is definitely the worse of the two. If you had given an option to can both of them that would have gotten my vote. Without that option, FA wins hands down.

Now GREE will see this poll and and because it will likely end in a relatively even split they will assume both events have merit. Guess what's coming after that? You got it! One weekend with FA, then a mini 24h WD, followed by FL, then cap it all off with main WD. We can tie up every weekend of the month! Don't forget to squeeze at least 3 raid bosses, 2 epic bosses, 4 separate LE buildings, 5 crate events, and 10 LTQs/FLTQs into that schedule too!

Cheers,
EM ;)

Shrinko
06-29-2014, 02:46 PM
When we deploy new systems at work, no matter how much people griped about the last one, it becomes awesome in comparison to the new one. Human nature.

That being said, the things I liked about front line in comparison to full assault....

-I liked 4 dedicated unit types that do not burn your attack/defense.
-I was ok with hour long wars, as it gave me time to do other stuff this weekend.

What I didn't like is a longer list than what I liked. Regen time was hilariously long for someone who wouldn't think of spending gold on this. The prizes you would get if you did spend gold made it even funnier. My favorite was the conversation guessing how it ended due to no results screen.

Someone on another thread said it well... It's like a game within the game with nothing that relates to the actual game in it.

I hated full assault with a passion. This event was tolerable, but needs some work for me to actually look forward to it.

This idea of having units that are not part of your inventory is totally STUPID! Before we were buying units that were part of our inventory and we could use them in full assault. Unused units were left in our inventory.

Now you waste money on units that are not part of the inventory. You are still buying units, so you are still spending game cash or gold that could've been spend on useful units. The left over units that you bought are a waste once again. Rewarded units are a waste for players of all levels. How is this better that using units from the inventory?

Shrinko
06-29-2014, 02:51 PM
I would say Frontline. It wasn't perfect but at least for those that use strategy vs spending it was good.

Battles were too long, 30 minutes would do. Match up times were also long, though I found them reasonably fair. Light gold and free players with a bit of work stood a bit of a chance.

I never liked Faulty Assault, perhaps because each successive version sucked more then the preceeding. Plus the painfull scrolling through inventory, and then finding the unit(s) you were looking for were not showing up...

I personally much preferred the 24 hour version of WD. It didn't suck down your entire weekend.

But in terms of strategy vs spending Frontline was probably the best of the worse so far....

In the other thread Sgt Rudd had some good comments and if implimented I think Frontline would be a keeper. It might even make me want to spend let alone come out of retirement.

But whatever we wind up with Gree's R&D manager for MW needs a slap, and the beta testers need to actually provide feedback that is used. If what was said about beta testers being afraid to say negative things is true then the entire beta program needs to be scrapped....

What strategy did you use in Frontline? How many gold refills to have? It was about who can spend the most gold. What strategy are you talking about? Everyone used the same darn unit. Everyone waited for health to regenerate. Most people used a bit strategy about deployment but that's about all. It was a gold spending contest and nothing else.

Danger Mouse
06-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Where's the neither button?

Shrinko
06-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Where's the neither button?

That's called the x on the right top corner of the MW icone :). Delete

yoyo1
06-29-2014, 03:13 PM
where is the strategy in frontline?
why take more than one node?
why declare more than 1-2 battle a day?

Jannski
06-29-2014, 03:22 PM
This idea of having units that are not part of your inventory is totally STUPID! Before we were buying units that were part of our inventory and we could use them in full assault. Unused units were left in our inventory.

Now you waste money on units that are not part of the inventory. You are still buying units, so you are still spending game cash or gold that could've been spend on useful units. The left over units that you bought are a waste once again. Rewarded units are a waste for players of all levels. How is this better that using units from the inventory?

That wasn't an issue for me. I only bought what I could deploy... And psychologically speaking it was easier for me to deploy it because I didn't see my stats drop each war... which took a painful part of FA away.

That's just me though... I get what you're saying as well.

manbeast
06-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Full assault took 1,000 times more strategy than frontline. Frontline requires almost zero strategy to be successful. You don't even have to be active. Whole entire event is a waste of time. The only thing frontline has over full assault is it makes gold more useful. But why spend gold on an event where better prizes are rewarded for finishing lower on the leaderboard.. Lol...

Hope they bring back full assault and trash frontline. Only people who don't like full assault are the who neglected to build up their IPH, which is their own fault not GREEs

Agent Orange
06-29-2014, 03:52 PM
What strategy did you use in Frontline? How many gold refills to have? It was about who can spend the most gold. What strategy are you talking about? Everyone used the same darn unit. Everyone waited for health to regenerate. Most people used a bit strategy about deployment but that's about all. It was a gold spending contest and nothing else.

I used NO gold refills, did not need to. Did 5 battles in 3 won all nodes in the 4th won 4/5 as an android device locked at a bad moment. In the 1 battle I did not win I won at least 1 node, that was the first try and after seeing how things worked I adjusted my strategy.

Actually found it fun, granted the infantry and air unit was useless. I have moderate to low IPH, did not save at all for this but actually had fun compared to Faulty Assault because I never had to spend a dime.

My test faction placed 1,434 in the event using 13 LLPs, er actually 12 since the wife had her phone and I was the only one playing.

Those curious, my test faction is DKN.

Agent Orange
06-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Full assault took 1,000 times more strategy than frontline. Frontline requires almost zero strategy to be successful. You don't even have to be active. Whole entire event is a waste of time. The only thing frontline has over full assault is it makes gold more useful. But why spend gold on an event where better prizes are rewarded for finishing lower on the leaderboard.. Lol...

Hope they bring back full assault and trash frontline. Only people who don't like full assault are the who neglected to build up their IPH, which is their own fault not GREEs

MB, do you think that this is really underlining the gap between gold players and non gold players? I actually found the opposite, but then I only play for fun and amusement since the possibility to actually be competative in the high ranks is unreachable plus not really something that I ever cared for.

reesiepuff
06-29-2014, 04:17 PM
frontline was nice, sit back for multiple hours not even looking at MW then jump in a battle quick and move up 10k spots in indy, its simple and not time consuming, 'tis why i like

manbeast
06-29-2014, 04:26 PM
MB, do you think that this is really underlining the gap between gold players and non gold players? I actually found the opposite, but then I only play for fun and amusement since the possibility to actually be competative in the high ranks is unreachable plus not really something that I ever cared for.

Yes..
Frontline=gold
Full assault= IPH/raiding

I was the number 1 contributor on a top 50 faction during full assault. Sacrificed everything I had cause I knew I could buy it back easily... Had a blast and spent zero gold

Used up all my deployments and best possible units during frontline.. Was ranked 30 on my team with like 3 million or something. Our number one guy was at 42 million.. Why? GOLD!

Have another account that was on a totally free faction during the first full assault. They were top 100 WD faction. Got top 30 during full assault cause we were active, strategic, and a few of us had good iph.

Kane Sickle
06-29-2014, 04:30 PM
FOOL ASSault was awful! Good riddance!

Frontline didn't suck as much, but not real keen on the associated LTQ that was there basically to support Frontline. It was like having Folders as rewards for defeating a Raid Boss, so you could then summon another RB.
Even with crate/box/case events you're usually working toward a reward that use can use for more than the next couple days.

Arizona
06-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Frontline is nothing more than an auction event. For the medium to higher factions, the only winning strategy is to outspend your opponents with Gold. Buy deploys and/or buy boats.
What choice of units were offered? A tank for free players and a boat for the gold crowd. No one in their right mind would purchase the lesser units, except for the low IPH players.
Most of the action takes place in the last few mins of a battle. A good part of the hour is wasted just watching and waiting to ambush your bigger opponents who are more often than not ready for that singular strategy.
Thousands of cash units with little use now.

Full Assault even with it's problems was more enjoyable than this auction.
Fix Full Assault by adding a tab for deploys, so players can switch between the battleield and inventory.
Reduce the event to 24hrs.
Reduce battles to 20 mins.
Link deploy times to Health regeneration (or energy).
If one of the reasons for changing the event, was, players were accidentally deploying units they shouldn't have, then too bad. They'll learn from their mistakes.

Frontline - A thoroughly boring event Gree. D- (Must do better).

cdun13
06-29-2014, 05:32 PM
I enjoyed it a lot. However it could have had a much faster deploy regen and more unis would be nice. 35 gold for 1 unit that isn't even that good. Also getting one plane that has less value than the 25 tanks you get for 2nd is a negative. Still a new event and gonna need to be tweaked of course. Overall happy with the event. It should have faster regen and be 24 hour event.

Brizzol
06-29-2014, 07:16 PM
I liked Frontline a lot more. The regen times were a little too high but I genuinely enjoyed the event and hope it's here to stay.

Danger Mouse
06-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Three things would fix it - make the LTQ and FLTQ prizes units that can be used in the real game; make the regen time a lot less - 1-2 minutes; even out the unit point values so that there are other options than either one in game cash or gold purchase - the two low value units were completely worthless and pointless.

Xela
06-29-2014, 09:37 PM
FL and FA are both POS events....drown them both.

Shrinko
06-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Three things would fix it - make the LTQ and FLTQ prizes units that can be used in the real game; make the regen time a lot less - 1-2 minutes; even out the unit point values so that there are other options than either one in game cash or gold purchase - the two low value units were completely worthless and pointless.

Even with regeneration of 1 per minute it will take 250 minutes to get to full health. That's over 4 hours to regenerate which is way too slow anyways. In what other event do we have to wait over 4 hours for health to regenerate. One of the biggest problems is that gree as well as many players can't do the second grade math. You guys are throwing numbers around which are not based on anything.

In WD, wars last 1 hour and it take about 30 min to 1 hour for us to get to full health. That makes sense. How would you like to wait over 4 hours for health to regenerate in WD? You wouldn't like it but that's what you are asking. With 2 min regen, it would take close to 9 hours.

Having any kind of fixed units will never work. Terrible idea. Forget about it. People will always go for the highest units when units are fixed. The only way to solve that problem is to let people select units from their own inventory. Paying for made up units for Frontline or paying for units that could be in your inventory - which one do you think is better? You still paid for fake units in frontline and now the left over units are wasted. That's the worst idea ever. I think the best way to go is to let people select 5 favorite units of each unit type from their inventory. That way they'll have a choice of 5x4=20 different units that they can deploy. Different players will choose different units which will allow for power diversity and low income people can pick valor or gold units. It's that simple. Why devs created this mess with the new units in Fronline is beyond me

Doobster
06-29-2014, 10:07 PM
This crap of an event that full assault became is just a money grabbing, boring event. 3 20-minute wars and being able to use up your crap units was what made the previous events what they were. Awesome. Frontline is epic fail.

Napgar
06-29-2014, 10:12 PM
I must say that I sometimes admire GREE's marketing moves (not that I like or approve them but just clever...): you have a game changing event, destined to be another money maker like WD, but majority doesn't like it and objects.
So you throw out a changed version, which is worse (at least it is received worse by many...). So now everybody cries out to get the first one back... Bingo - that's where they want you to be...

Shrinko
06-29-2014, 10:36 PM
I must say that I sometimes admire GREE's marketing moves (not that I like or approve them but just clever...): you have a game changing event, destined to be another money maker like WD, but majority doesn't like it and objects.
So you throw out a changed version, which is worse (at least it is received worse by many...). So now everybody cries out to get the first one back... Bingo - that's where they want you to be...

I don't think so. I think they changed it so they can make a lot more money. Frontline was a total money grab. It was designed to get people to buy gold. Even the 100/250 health set up and super slow regen rate were designed to squeeze as much gold as possible out of people. It's all about squeezing as much money as possible. They don't care about anything else. They don't care about their reputation or player experience or customer satisfaction. Have you noticed that gree has never ran a single poll on the forum? What does that tell you?

manbeast
06-29-2014, 11:09 PM
Even with regeneration of 1 per minute it will take 250 minutes to get to full health. That's over 4 hours to regenerate which is way too slow anyways. In what other event do we have to wait over 4 hours for health to regenerate. One of the biggest problems is that gree as well as many players can't do the second grade math. You guys are throwing numbers around which are not based on anything.

In WD, wars last 1 hour and it take about 30 min to 1 hour for us to get to full health. That makes sense. How would you like to wait over 4 hours for health to regenerate in WD? You wouldn't like it but that's what you are asking. With 2 min regen, it would take close to 9 hours.

Having any kind of fixed units will never work. Terrible idea. Forget about it. People will always go for the highest units when units are fixed. The only way to solve that problem is to let people select units from their own inventory. Paying for made up units for Frontline or paying for units that could be in your inventory - which one do you think is better? You still paid for fake units in frontline and now the left over units are wasted. That's the worst idea ever. I think the best way to go is to let people select 5 favorite units of each unit type from their inventory. That way they'll have a choice of 5x4=20 different units that they can deploy. Different players will choose different units which will allow for power diversity and low income people can pick valor or gold units. It's that simple. Why devs created this mess with the new units in Fronline is beyond me

Very well written. Made me think.

In this last event, if we had a 30 second regen we could do 120 deploys in an hour.. If all 120 were tanks that would mean about 60 mil in game cash worth of units per hour... Still not enough.. I was spending 500 mil game cash per hour (50 growlers, sometimes more) in full assault. Could make regen 15 seconds so I could deploys $200 mil per hour.. But then that's too much clicking. If we are going to keep frontline around we really just need way more powerful and more expensive units.

I still say trash frontline and bring back full assault. Frontline is basically a really lousy, boring, and pointless version of full assault.

Ozymandias
06-29-2014, 11:28 PM
where is the strategy in frontline?
why take more than one node?
why declare more than 1-2 battle a day?

You get more control points by winning multiple nodes, rather than massively winning one node.

bam bam.
06-30-2014, 01:36 AM
Both are terrible. Time to fire some managers

qwertyguy
06-30-2014, 03:00 AM
I don't understand those who said they liked Frontline. What was there to like? Perhaps, the freed up time you didn't have to spend playing this silly game?

To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed the downtime too...but it had nothing to do with the actual playing of Frontline. We all have been asking for a break. With this POS, Gree unintentionally gave it to us.

What was wrong with Full Assault? They basically gave us a scroller for inventory management and not a real sorter. And you couldn't save the ques that were created during deployment. How dumb is that?

To be perfectly honest, simple fixes and common sense could have made Full Assault a winner from the start. The way they executed the roll out and adjusted the parameters in insane ways made it 'tank'. Instead of fixing the inventory management issues (that have always existed in the game) Gree decides to create an entirely separate inventory with Frontline that has nothing to do with the rest of the game!

Pardon me, but I cannot express what I am truly thinking, without getting into a bit of trouble!

Ozymandias
06-30-2014, 03:23 AM
I quite liked it... mainly because it focused in the weekend into battles every few hours... freeing up time for real life. Battles were too long though, you had 30mins in the middle where nothing happened. Other points I'll repeat made by others were: silly balance of 1st place versus 2nd place rewards. One request I would make, is to make the individual scoring based on raw deploys... from what I could see it was influenced by the total faction deploy multipliers (which it would be good to understand properly by the way)... and from a faction perspective, peoples scores were heavily dependent on which battles they had taken part in, so it was hard to ensure that everyone was deploying the agreed amount relative to their IPH

megaants
06-30-2014, 05:41 AM
Very well written. Made me think.

In this last event, if we had a 30 second regen we could do 120 deploys in an hour.. If all 120 were tanks that would mean about 60 mil in game cash worth of units per hour... Still not enough.. I was spending 500 mil game cash per hour (50 growlers, sometimes more) in full assault. Could make regen 15 seconds so I could deploys $200 mil per hour.. But then that's too much clicking. If we are going to keep frontline around we really just need way more powerful and more expensive units.

I still say trash frontline and bring back full assault. Frontline is basically a really lousy, boring, and pointless version of full assault.

so true. i love full assault for that reason. for once in my life, there was a strategic event that i can play without committing a couple hundred bucks.

At first it was boss could be done for free if enough regen were acquired (then it got ridiculous, now it's back down), and then LTQ (a long time ago, if you got enough regen and prestage the npc). Then frontal assault was the next with the main requirement being IPH.

I think gree needs income... but you got to make some stuff gold light too.

Mw Adam
06-30-2014, 08:51 AM
Both are terrible. Time to fire some managers

I agree. Can we have a faction event the does not require the faction to operate as a team? This game is very time consuming and another event that has to have all faction members on deck at the same time is getting old. Gree, can we have an old school FVF tourney with frontline prizes? Not every weekend like you used to but once between WD? It was an event that everyone in the faction can do when they have time, not when the team dictates. The FVF tourneys were fun when they first started, but got old because Gree overplayed them. Once between WD would be nice for a change.

Cameron997456
06-30-2014, 08:56 AM
How about instead of these horrible events Gree you make some involving using stamina since most players have like 50 or more stamina they do nothing with at all.

TheDanimal
06-30-2014, 11:33 AM
One thing really killed it for me - Having to pay gold for the top unit. Absolutely destroyed the event IMO

{Kill Joy}
06-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Neither. None. And nada.

Tadaaah
06-30-2014, 02:02 PM
For the most part, some really constructive feedback! Pinning for a couple days.

Shrinko
06-30-2014, 04:01 PM
For the most part, some really constructive feedback! Pinning for a couple days.

So what are the chances of anything being implemented? Or would we get another gold grabbing Frontline event?

Auspex
06-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Frontline had 1 positive feature. Since there was no strategy, you could just log on 1-2 times a day and deploy everything then go live life. This event was more boring and less strategic than waiting for a bus. Just have an event where everyone donates gold for prizes....

Either bring back FA with short 15-30 minute battles and faster deploys or scrap both and try again.

Be sure during the 'testing' you fix splash screens, move the deploy and purchase buttons to opposite sides of the screen. I really didn't need the extra 100 tanks I bought last second. Allow teams to declare if there is enough time for a war and once they have passed the event end line match them to anyone else. I was one of the several dozen factions sitting watching for the never coming battle.

Fix bugs, I know you get reports, and many are just silly typos do some Q and A before taking people for their money.

Jrich
06-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Frontline was a gold auction event plain and simple.

If you spend gold it's great. Otherwise we are all deploying the same unit the same amount of times. Sure your faction can wait til everyone has a decent amount of deploys, but that's what 3-4 battles per war? Boring..

FA gives many more options for deployment (although the search for units needs improvement- several mentioned earlier in the thread). I like not dropping stats and cash for Frontline but the monotonous trade off sucks. Fix the inventory deployment for Full Assault and more players will be happy.

Rob TRK
07-01-2014, 07:18 AM
For me the inability to utilise my inventory and clear it it was the major disappointment in the rebadged event, with the associated regeneration times it meant a very relaxed weekend for our faction..
Frontline is a very simple event and the only real strategy involves a calculator and a decision as a faction of what you will spend (Real cash or ingame equivalent) to achieve a target.

PRY
07-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Full Assault was 100x better of a event

Mcm2013
07-01-2014, 12:16 PM
a mixture of both would be great, the easy to deploy units from frontline was nice. however, 1 hour is way to long and the regen was awful. my suggestion 15 min wars if frontline is kept with regen at .5 -1x per min so you can deplot 10-15 without gold. i like having the extra spots of regen so it doesnt go to waste while sleeping. im not a fan of the faction event rewards being rewards to use in the event only. i spent gold trying to get as you never list rewards only to find out it was use 20 ships to earn 1, if anything you should earn both or if at the end you control so many deplot points the rewards should be a portion of that instead of an already selected crap prize and 1st place should earn better prizes than 2nd place. full assault had better war breakdowns but a lot added to the current to compare. i like being able to dispose of unused units so if that doesnt come back id like to be able to sell off (been discussed plenty). also if frontline comes back and you add new units the old units should carry over (not sure if they do or not)

hsf
07-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Both were trash

Exactly !!

The Billionaire
07-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Full Assault was by far the better event. The only thing I'd change is the speed at which you can deploy which is the main thing I liked about Frontline.

Maybe we could have the option to set up pre loaded deployments so right at the end of a battle when you need to deploy quickly it's only a click away.

sister morphine
07-03-2014, 04:12 AM
Full Assault was by far the better event. The only thing I'd change is the speed at which you can deploy which is the main thing I liked about Frontline.

Maybe we could have the option to set up pre loaded deployments so right at the end of a battle when you need to deploy quickly it's only a click away.
Agree with this. If we were allowed to "sticky" those units we'd choose to deploy it would solve the thing that was worst about Full Assault.

But the gold unit for Frontline was so outlandishly powerful compared to the others (two of which were utterly useless) that those who can't afford to spend thousands of dollars a month might as well just sit back, cos there's not a hope of winning a battle.

Mr Art0is
07-03-2014, 04:39 AM
Fool assault

Mw09P
07-05-2014, 04:51 AM
I'll probably take time off from MW the next time you run either event. I'll participate if you only run one event at a time.

manbeast
07-05-2014, 12:02 PM

Awesome! My first sticky thread I think. Looks like it's a landslide 67-103 and full assault wins!

Seriously tho.. Full assault was prob my favorite event either. I was on the edge of my seat each battle trying to deploy as fast as I could on all the nodes with the time running out... Just really gotta make finding units easier and change the reward system. Reward system has gotta be like WD or let us pick what prize we want. It is no fun not doing anything the last 5 hours because u are trying to slide back on the leaderboard for a better prize...

And unit selection.. I want to send in my cash units! Don't want to buy some special units only used in frontline.. And 50 million for 100 units is way too cheap. Make it 1 billion for 100 units if you are going to keep it like that...

Lanab
07-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Full assault also!

wisperingeye
07-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Full Assault!!

Easygroove
07-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Big call, what's the vote?

Easygroove
07-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Bumpbumpbump

Easygroove
07-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Seriously what is it

Thief
07-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Full Assault was better but I would like to see the node tracking brought over from frontline (so you know what the score is)

Shrinko
07-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Seriously what is it

What's what? You can't see the pole results? 60% favor full assault or voted against frontline. Gree people don't care anyways, so what's the point?

wisperingeye
07-10-2014, 11:38 PM
The poll got it right.

Shrinko
07-11-2014, 10:53 AM
There is a fundamental problem with either/or pole. 40% voted for frontline and I don't think anyone in their right mind could've liked Frontline event. I think it's just people liked some features of Frontline and didn't like some features of full assault, so they voted for frontline. I didn't think there are more than a handful of people who could say that they loved frontline the way it is set up right now and that nothing should be changed. The only people who would say that are the beta testers that were part of the group responsible for this horrible event.

Frontline had some nice features but the key problem areas made it into a garbage. If frontline is combined with the full assault, it might turn into a good event. The way to get it done is NOT to listen to beta testers and instead use the feedback in this thread.

Get rid of the stupid set up with 4 useless units. We are still spending money on the units so it's no different from choosing units from out inventory. Let players choose the units that they want to use instead of forcing everyone to use one stupid tank. Go back to the old reward system or improve it, but don't give out the worthless rewards that nobody wants. Go back to the old health regeneration. There was nothing wrong with how it was before, so why mess with it? Oh I forgot - this is not a game but a money making machine for gree. Oh well.

El Wonka
07-11-2014, 11:02 AM
There is a fundamental problem with either/or pole. 40% voted for frontline and I don't think anyone in their right mind could've liked Frontline event. I think it's just people liked some features of Frontline and didn't like some features of full assault, so they voted for frontline. I didn't think there are more than a handful of people who could say that they loved frontline the way it is set up right now and that nothing should be changed. The only people who would say that are the beta testers that were part of the group responsible for this horrible event.

Frontline had some nice features but the key problem areas made it into a garbage. If frontline is combined with the full assault, it might turn into a good event. The way to get it done is NOT to listen to beta testers and instead use the feedback in this thread.

Get rid of the stupid set up with 4 useless units. We are still spending money on the units so it's no different from choosing units from out inventory. Let players choose the units that they want to use instead of forcing everyone to use one stupid tank. Go back to the old reward system or improve it, but don't give out the worthless rewards that nobody wants. Go back to the old health regeneration. There was nothing wrong with how it was before, so why mess with it? Oh I forgot - this is not a game but a money making machine for gree. Oh well.

Ditto!!! ... Well said sir..well said..