PDA

View Full Version : Raid Bosses

Sol Invictus
06-28-2014, 12:13 PM
The gods have heard your pleas, and they have mercifully granted us this bounty.

We've been crying out for something to reignite our passion and sate our appetite for new content. The great ones deliver unto us a Raid Boss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_%28gaming%29

A raid is a type of mission in a video game in which a very large number of people attempt to defeat a boss monster.

http://i.minus.com/ibuhyABdGdHPZB.jpg

Rookeye
06-28-2014, 12:46 PM
VERY COOL!!!

Has this been done before in the game? If so, how many party members allowed per raid?

Twh21702
06-28-2014, 12:52 PM
That looks like such fun. I wonder if that is next weeks 4th of July weekend war.

Sol Invictus
06-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Has this been done before in the game? If so, how many party members allowed per raid?

This is a KnD first.

I would assume it's the whole guild versus a really strong EB, the first of which appears to be this troll-looking EB which was leaked.

http://i.minus.com/iyatJFCyl4f6l.png

And if I had to guess, it will be set up like a guild war, with #1 taking home the + version of this armor and 2-10 taking the regular version.

http://i.minus.com/izp0zpfRFC5cn.png

Sol Invictus
06-28-2014, 02:01 PM
It also says Bosses, not Boss. Picture shows three. Could be set up like a mixture of classic EB and Arena...perhaps three bosses that get progressively difficult?

BW Rhaegar
06-28-2014, 02:15 PM
I'm thinking rewards are set up like the epic boss leader boards.. total damage done to the monster from across your guild. Another reason to spend gems on energy and most likely trash rewards.

Or, it will be more of an in house reward system like the arena achievement awards. I would personally like the system if there was no competition between guilds.

Sol Invictus
06-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Oh, that would be interesting...

Person who does the most damage in your guild gets a new Legendary+ for each guild in the top 100 guilds or something. But, of course, a person like that probably wouldn't need a Legendary+.

Melibane Urambir
06-28-2014, 02:57 PM
no competition between guilds would lessen the number of gems spent so I imagine you can expect to compete. I hope it has a lot to do with in guild participation, allowing the lesser spending guilds to at least pick up these armors. I would even be happy if the epic had more than two levels, distinguished by color or length of horns on the helmet, I don't care.

shadowshoot
06-28-2014, 03:35 PM
The gods have heard your pleas, and they have mercifully granted us this bounty.

+1 ... was about time

BW Rhaegar
06-28-2014, 03:42 PM
For whatever its worth, those three trolls are actually all the same. One of my accounts is on a kindle fire hd, so I get a much bigger banner.

Dianish
06-28-2014, 05:01 PM
So, if this is true Gree finally figured out a way how to make money from it. Way to go..

Let's not get our hopes up just yet. Tbh, i dont believe it yet. It seems troll-ish.. Yes, troll-ish. But it could be for real - I just need proof.

legalious
06-28-2014, 05:08 PM
Cant wait to see it.

That Chubby Guy
06-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Given that we have guild vs. guild competition in the form of guild wars, I'd like to go out on a limb and say that these raid bosses will feature rewards that are tiered based on overall damage. Surely you and your guildmates can spend gems to refill your energy; however, I think it will be your guild versus the raid boss(es) only. Want the epic+ version of the featured armor(s)? Spend those gems, baby...

ShadowDash1089
06-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Im still traumatic from "gifting", and will keep my expectations low until proven otherwise

Micro Destroy
06-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Im still traumatic from "gifting", and will keep my expectations low until proven otherwise

This, right here. The introduction to these events is always laid out with glitter, but they tend to fall flat. I gave up expecting what I think "should" be; that way I'm not overly disappointed when it isn't that great.

Alexistheking124
06-28-2014, 06:18 PM
Doing some research I noticed modern war had raid bosses with limited time events. Does that mean that you get the raid boss epic +through the limited time quest. Also the raid bosses required summoning items that is used by leadership. If thats the case I think I can jump on board with this.

Dianish
06-28-2014, 06:43 PM
I cant stop wondering why all 3 trolls on the banner are the same ;)

Copious
06-28-2014, 07:28 PM
I think it has to be more then legendary+. It has to be enough to entice vet players to return and make them buy gems.
So I think it's like a guild war event and overall dmg gets the +. Maybe even instead of top 25 gree moves it to top 50. Either way as of now It's got the K&D community buzzin. Let's hope gree delivers!

Alexistheking124
06-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Im hoping its tiered. You do x damage you get x reward

Sol Invictus
06-28-2014, 09:07 PM
We already have wars every weekend.
These events will have to be during the week (if they are to be regular events) and I don't see how they're going to keep offering that many more new Epics. We're going to have two new Epics a week. That would be ridiculous.

UNLESS!

*gasp*

SIX-STAR ARMORS!!!

BL(ACE)
06-29-2014, 12:01 AM
VERY COOL!!!

No details has been released yet. But I guess the whole guild can participate as the banner said " Prepare your Guilds"

legalious
06-29-2014, 10:21 AM
There are a lot of ways to raid boss battles. I hope that this design is the right one we need to get people to play again.

Gypsy Rap
06-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Or they slow down on wars and alternate with raid bosses
We already have wars every weekend.
These events will have to be during the week (if they are to be regular events) and I don't see how they're going to keep offering that many more new Epics. We're going to have two new Epics a week. That would be ridiculous.

UNLESS!

*gasp*

SIX-STAR ARMORS!!!

Rookeye
06-29-2014, 06:29 PM
I still want my unicorn armor to shoot beams out of the helmet! ;)

Daedalus Wynde 15th
07-01-2014, 03:49 AM
Awesome. Can't wait to see how this works.

sxespanky
07-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Awesome. Can't wait to see how this works.

if its like everything else gree has made, im assuming you get one energy every X hours, and its just a Super over powered boss that you and your fellow guild will need well over 10k gems to beat. kinda like attacking the enemy's guardian.

Sol Invictus
07-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Doesn't matter. People will still complain.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/2xwLy.gif

Tiffanee
07-01-2014, 02:25 PM
It's July...

Skater
07-01-2014, 02:33 PM
It's July...
Exactly. So they have 30 more days to release it.

Sol Invictus
07-02-2014, 10:34 AM
There seems to be a big rumor going around that the Raid Boss(es) will be released this weekend.

Unless I missed something, GREE never said anything of the sort.

If you look at the news banner in my OP, it says "COMING SOON! July 2014." This means it could be a far out a four weeks before we see any Raid Boss.

Tel ur frens

legalious
07-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Here is a thought. If we do not see any notices of Guild Wars by the end of the day on the 3rd, it is safe to assume that it might be in the rotation for Guild battles.

Raid Boss > Guild War > GW-Fusion

Though I would prefer the raid boss battles during the week and keep the weekend for GW. That way we can keep the guilds active during the week.

*Its official
http://i.imgur.com/d8OlrxU.jpg

B Legit
07-02-2014, 11:12 AM
There seems to be a big rumor going around that the Raid Boss(es) will be released this weekend.

Unless I missed something, GREE never said anything of the sort.

If you look at the news banner in my OP, it says "COMING SOON! July 2014." This means it could be a far out a four weeks before we see any Raid Boss.

Tel ur frens

Knights and Dragons Facebook released a note saying this weekend they are coming.

MK Dragon Master
07-02-2014, 04:14 PM
When is this thing starting i am excited for it to begin

legalious
07-02-2014, 04:28 PM
If it is like any of the other events it should start at 11am Pacific.

B Legit
07-02-2014, 05:46 PM
6449 Gree has released some info about the new Raid Boss. Looks like it will place of the Epic War, at least for this week. With similar (upgraded?) reward system.

Click on the link to view the image.

BW Rhaegar
07-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Top player in the guild gets more/better rewards, that's what I like to hear

B Legit
07-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Top player in the guild gets more/better rewards, that's what I like to hear

Yes that's awesome.....and I can't help but notice your US sig.... Former member I'm assuming?

BW Rhaegar
07-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I was one of the original guys and stayed for the first 4-5 wars. I formed a casual, free guild after that.

Rookeye
07-02-2014, 11:49 PM
I like the "20 more armor slots for 100+ level players"...

sxespanky
07-03-2014, 07:06 AM
I like the "20 more armor slots for 100+ level players"...

Thats garbage. We need infinite slots.

Yongsan
07-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Slots cap off at 170 total slots- and you reach it at level 180. If youre already higher than level 180, you already have 170 slots. From what ive seen slots are 10 less than your level until you cap off- level 156 guildmate has 146 slots, level 154 friend has 144 slots, etc

Sol Invictus
07-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Or at least a large cap, like 500.

Rookeye
07-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Are you saying capped players (formerly with 170 slots) do NOT get the 20 more slots? How do you know? Are you sure?

I'm happy for any improvement, no matter how small it starts...

B Legit
07-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Or at least a large cap, like 500.

Yeah an additional 90 slots for higher level players really is meaningless. If most are like me, they have a few hundred armors in their inventory waiting for the next armors they need to level. I guess the only real downside to not being able to craft is that I can't craft the recent EB's for fusing, but that's really it.

But I also think it's funny, that out of all the things coming up with the Raid Boss, this is the most talked about by far (even in my Line chats it seems to be lol). I'm infinitely times more excited for the actual event than I am for a few more armor slots lmao.

Hopeless82
07-03-2014, 08:53 AM
It would help if they actually released details on the mechanics of the Raid Boss fight instead of being so hush-hush about it.

What kind of energy will we be using?

What kind of rewards are we talking about here? What will each Guild's top knight get? I doubt the "bonus" for being your Guild's top knight will be that good, otherwise people will just splinter off to form their own guilds and one-man show the Raid Boss.

Will guild guardians be used?

It is all speculation at this point. At least the +20 armor slots is a hard fact. They could have been extra smarmy and not mention the exact number. "Coming Soon! An Epic New Number of Armor Slots for Lvl 100+ Players!" The marketers for this game seriously dilute the excitement of the word, "Epic".

Cheers.

B Legit
07-03-2014, 09:07 AM
It would help if they actually released details on the mechanics of the Raid Boss fight instead of being so hush-hush about it.

What kind of energy will we be using?

What kind of rewards are we talking about here? What will each Guild's top knight get? I doubt the "bonus" for being your Guild's top knight will be that good, otherwise people will just splinter off to form their own guilds and one-man show the Raid Boss.

Will guild guardians be used?

It is all speculation at this point. At least the +20 armor slots is a hard fact. They could have been extra smarmy and not mention the exact number. "Coming Soon! An Epic New Number of Armor Slots for Lvl 100+ Players!" The marketers for this game seriously dilute the excitement of the word, "Epic".

Cheers.

Yes very true, I guess it is the speculation that I like. As far as the bonus for being top in guild, it has to be something small, maybe valuable to a lower lvl player, but not to a high lvl (Fba's, 4* armor, etc...). There are 2000+ guilds, no shot they give away 2000+ of something good for free.

As for the rest, I am very curious about the mechanics. It says you SCOUT enemies, I wonder if scouting is a new type of attack mode or something?

Also it says you defeat Orcs, Rats and other Dark creatures, this sounds like you are facing more than just 1 major enemy, maybe it works something like stages where you defeat minions prior to facing a high level boss at the end.

Adisty
07-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Are you saying capped players (formerly with 170 slots) do NOT get the 20 more slots?

Former cap was 80, so anyone over level 180 now has 170 slots, so they will get MORE than the 20 promised slot increase. I am over 180, so I know this for sure:)

Adisty
07-03-2014, 10:21 AM
it says you defeat Orcs, Rats and other Dark creatures, this sounds like you are facing more than just 1 major enemy...

I think we'll have 1 per event, and the others are what we will be facing down the line, i.e. Orc first (since it's in the banner), a Rat type next event, and other "Dark Creatures (reads "We haven't thought that far ahead", lol)" for future events.

roookey1
07-03-2014, 11:05 AM
My bet is a similar reward system to wars and arena competitions: a new epic for the #1 guild (one that would already have all their slots full of epics anyway, in order to have been able to win this), #2-25 receive outdated 4-stars, and all weaker guilds foul-smelling garbage armor as a slap on their bottoms. :cool:

The new announced top player award could also be an epic though: Moontide. Just the standard version of course, what did you think? :eek:

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I take grees announcements with a bite of salt since the last top event that awarded us with Northerners for weeks of 'working' the game.

BW Rhaegar
07-03-2014, 09:16 PM
We are literally getting an asston amount of rewards, which I'm cool with

Dianish
07-03-2014, 10:08 PM
We are literally getting an asston amount of rewards, which I'm cool with

At what costs? About 600 gems per member for a full guild to reach top25 ? I dont understand how Gree justify the costs...

Its just Guild Wars v2.

Sol Invictus
07-04-2014, 12:38 AM
literally

http://guychurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/youkeepusingthatword.jpg

BW Rhaegar
07-04-2014, 06:01 AM
Dianish you aren't right, but you aren't necessarily wrong either. There are four ways to get rewards as opposed to guild wars one reward system. Even if you play in a casual guild that doesn't require gems you will get a lot of fodder, keys, fusion stones. This event is good for heavy gem spenders that want to shoot for an epic, and free guilds like the one I run, so I'm happy. The reward system is much better structured, and I can see them doing something similar for guild wars in the future.

Jun-fan
07-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Its just Guild Wars v2.

I think this will be a bit more challenging in that since we're not fighting each other, there's no way for us to help each other in the form of stripping or running interference with other allied/coalition guilds. This one will be based more or less on the guild's ability to fight consistently against someone, in this case orcs. Granted, there is still an energy component, which means that high spenders will still enjoy an advantage, but without guilds helping guilds it will be interesting to see how the top 10/25 plays out.

Mogath
07-04-2014, 03:51 PM
I think this will be a bit more challenging in that since we're not fighting each other, there's no way for us to help each other in the form of stripping or running interference with other allied/coalition guilds. This one will be based more or less on the guild's ability to fight consistently against someone, in this case orcs. Granted, there is still an energy component, which means that high spenders will still enjoy an advantage, but without guilds helping guilds it will be interesting to see how the top 10/25 plays out.

I personally like it how it is, without the ability to strip or get cheese points by fighting an allied guild this is more about your guilds ability to do well on its own which it should be. Look at how Death Knights are getting bent by ONLY THE BEST, this leaderboard right now is how it should probably usually be if there wasn't stripping and guilds helping one another :P

BW Rhaegar
07-04-2014, 07:27 PM
This is broken, a lot of us have unlimited energy

Hopeless82
07-04-2014, 08:44 PM
The Lvl-5 Raid Boss seems a little overtuned, in my opinion. :p Also, Holy Smokes on the current Top 3 individual knights.

Cheers.

Dianish
07-04-2014, 09:36 PM

There is nothing challenging by spending gems. Thats why its GWv2 :)

But i like this more than wars.

Rookeye
07-04-2014, 09:43 PM
This is broken, a lot of us have unlimited energy

I had unlimited energy at first until I used a gem attack. That seemed to break whatever was wrong and now I'm a mere mortal.

I am LOVING the reward structure. It seems every which way you turn, you trip over a prize. I am very happy that those who work hardest in a guild get recognized; I wish the slackers (i.e. leeches, i.e. Those who never strike a single blow) would get NOTHING, but at least this is a step in the right direction. :)

Kangaroeland
07-05-2014, 02:18 AM
I had unlimited energy at first until I used a gem attack. That seemed to break whatever was wrong and now I'm a mere mortal.

I am LOVING the reward structure. It seems every which way you turn, you trip over a prize. I am very happy that those who work hardest in a guild get recognized; I wish the slackers (i.e. leeches, i.e. Those who never strike a single blow) would get NOTHING, but at least this is a step in the right direction. :)

Completely agree although it is really boring to top guilds, probably a lot more exciting for lower guilds and yeah all the rewards are great especially for newer players. Maybe it would be better as a blitz tho, not 3 days but thats my opinion.

Marco_
07-05-2014, 03:33 AM
I guess this event is like summoning guild guardians and defeating them for arena-ish rewards...

There isn't a bonus for the killer of a raid boss, is there?
If not, then the selfish milestone strategy would be to call level 1 bosses, use 1 energy on each and let someone else cleanup the remaining 10-30% health. (Since being the killer of a raid boss means you had unused damage (points) left.)
I'm using that strategy with my main and alt account now, sacrificing the alt's milestone progress for better progress on my main, while still killing the raid bosses.

Kangaroeland
07-05-2014, 04:18 AM
Higher level bosses give higher point bonuses to the guild

sxespanky
07-05-2014, 05:35 AM

each level you get whatever damage you gave the orc, plus a bonus.

so level one has 70k hp (70k points) plus 10k for completion bonus.
level 2 completion i beleive is 200k at 700k hp.
i just solo level one, hit him twice(at around 30k damage each), and he only has around 3-5k left. i leave him alone and let him clock out, because i could finish him off for around 15k total points, or i can summon another orc and get another 30k off him. this only works because my guild has me and one other guy whos been playing this boss. its a shame, between him and me we have top 1000, i could only immagine if we were in a decent guild together. so, this also means every 45 minutes you get 2 energy, do 60k damage to an orc every 45 minutes for me, and if anyone weak in th guild is struggling, they can finish those off to help.

Sol Invictus
07-05-2014, 07:13 AM
I'm enjoying the Raid Boss, but it gets repetitive and boring.

Instead of one boss with one element, it would be interesting to mix it up so that you can summon a certain level of boss...but the actual boss that summons is random. Perhaps throwback EBs, or ghosts wearing the newest Epic armors

sxespanky
07-05-2014, 07:22 AM

Instead of one boss with one element, it would be interesting to mix it up so that you can summon a certain level of boss...but the actual boss that summons is random. Perhaps throwback EBs, or ghosts wearing the newest Epic armors

a simple solution to this would be RNG a previous boss with hp set at each level, that would make this a lot more enjoyable, other wise im plowing away the same skinned boss over and over, or at least come up with more skins for the boss, or different random elements. but to be fair, this game has no random elements, ever.

Kangaroeland
07-05-2014, 07:31 AM
This guy on top of the leaderboard is so blatantly hacking lol. 20million points in 18 mins nice

Rookeye
07-05-2014, 08:15 AM

^ yes, please. Or even Orcs, but with a random element (wearing diff armor?), so you lose 1 energy point doing recon, then recalibrating to destroy them. ;)

True team fighting needed to bring down the beasties!

B Legit
07-05-2014, 08:39 AM
^ yes, please. Or even Orcs, but with a random element (wearing diff armor?), so you lose 1 energy point doing recon, then recalibrating to destroy them. ;)

True team fighting needed to bring down the beasties!

The problem is, they'd have to randomly select the element of the boss before the battle and allow you to change your armor to match if you didn't like the element you got, you could simply back out and retry. I don't think the game mechanics would allow for a random element generator.

Marco_
07-05-2014, 08:41 AM
But in a guild with currently 5 accounts, 3 of them mine, fighting a bit, milestone points per energy is more relevant and there sxespanky really has a point about summoning level 1 raid bosses and not killing them being the optimal solution. (Bonus points seem to only apply to the guild score, not to the player milestone score)
Unfortunately letting the raid bosses escape isn't my style, so my alt will have to take the point hit for that while my main does play it optimally and the guild gets a whopping fusion stone and some gold more than if the bosses didn't get killled...

Rookeye
07-05-2014, 08:44 AM
I missed why NOT killing level 1's was a good idea...clue me in again?

This is a team sport, right? With Guild bonuses, right? So why would I selfishly want to only better my own standing, and not my Guild's?

Marco_
07-05-2014, 08:45 AM
I don't think the game mechanics would allow for a random element generator.
?
Go Snakeskin farming, see that it randomly selects from a few patterns of minions for the 4 screens...

Marco_
07-05-2014, 08:50 AM
I missed why NOT killing level 1's was a good idea...clue me in again?
Say the raid boss has 10k health left and you can do 30k damage to the boss.
You get 10k milestone points for killing it or you get 30k points for summoning a new boss and hitting that.
If your guild doesn't care about the ranking since around the guild's ranking rewards are nearly identical and/or insignificant, then milestone points are the better thing to focus on, since the rewards are way, way better.
(as in: a single milestone gives better rewards than the end of raid guild prizes unless your guild is pretty far up the ranking.)

edit for the edit:

This is a team sport, right? With Guild bonuses, right? So why would I selfishly want to only better my own standing, and not my Guild's?
Yes, it's a team sport and that's why I've convinced the few still active people in my guild that 3 day guild wars not going for top 25 are a huge waste of time and it's more time efficient to farm KoD if you want some 3* armor and a few fusion stones.
For raids Gree added 1 waste of time reward (end of raid), 1 OK-ish reward (rank in guild) and 1 nice reward (milestones) . Obviously I'd want my guild mates to focus on the nice rewards. Not let them uselessly waste their time is what I call team sport. ;)

B Legit
07-05-2014, 09:18 AM
?
Go Snakeskin farming, see that it randomly selects from a few patterns of minions for the 4 screens...

Yes, READ what I wrote above that first. They would have to change it BEFORE you go in to battle and let you adjust your armor accordingly.
Also, go snakeskin farming, it tells you what elements are in Skeleton's tomb before you go in.

B Legit
07-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Say the raid boss has 10k health left and you can do 30k damage to the boss.
You get 10k milestone points for killing it or you get 30k points for summoning a new boss and hitting that.
If your guild doesn't care about the ranking since around the guild's ranking rewards are nearly identical and/or insignificant, then milestone points are the better thing to focus on, since the rewards are way, way better.
(as in: a single milestone gives better rewards than the end of raid guild prizes unless your guild is pretty far up the ranking.)
edit for the edit:

Yes, it's a team sport and that's why I've convinced the few still active people in my guild that 3 day guild wars not going for top 25 are a huge waste of time and it's more time efficient to farm KoD if you want some 3* armor and a few fusion stones.
For raids Gree added 1 waste of time reward (end of raid), 1 OK-ish reward (rank in guild) and 1 nice reward (milestones) . Obviously I'd want my guild mates to focus on the nice rewards. Not let them uselessly waste their time is what I call team sport. ;)

This is all dependent on your strength. Record your damages, see where you are most helpful to the guild. I put together an extensive spreadsheet tracking info from 5-6 of my guildies with various armor strength attacking RB's of various levels, and have created a strategy for us to follow. Remember, levels 2-3 have the biggest jump in strength for the boss, but also lvl 3 is where the bonus' for winning take a massive jump as well.

Marco_
07-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Yes, READ what I wrote above that first. They would have to change it BEFORE you go in to battle and let you adjust your armor accordingly.
Also, go snakeskin farming, it tells you what elements are in Skeleton's tomb before you go in.
Still don't see your point.
Right now you have a scout phase that gives you a fixed element boss, but could just as well be a random element one, then you have the attack phase where you can pick one of the 5 boss slots to attack (if filled by scouting) which now are all earth bosses (but could just as well be various elements) and you get the fight/"team order" popup when you select one to fight. 99% of the things in place for different element bosses. Just needs to do a "random(5)" after you click the level of boss you want to scout.

(And for snakeskin farming there is a tiny relevance to getting more earth or more water minions... ;) )

B Legit
07-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Still don't see your point.
Right now you have a scout phase that gives you a fixed element boss, but could just as well be a random element one, then you have the attack phase where you can pick one of the 5 boss slots to attack (if filled by scouting) which now are all earth bosses (but could just as well be various elements) and you get the fight/"team order" popup when you select one to fight. 99% of the things in place for different element bosses. Just needs to do a "random(5)" after you click the level of boss you want to scout.

(And for snakeskin farming there is a tiny relevance to getting more earth or more water minions... ;) )

Here is where you misunderstand. It wouldn't be
Click RB-> enter match-> random element
Because if you are in all spirit gear, and its a fire boss, your screwed. They would have to allow you to see what element it is, then change (Good luck getting ppl to gem otherwise).

Click RB-> Announce Element-> Enter armor changing screen (NOT ALLOWED TO BACK OUT OR IT USES AN ENERGY)-> Hit boss

If they could do that, it would be awesome, but judging by how everything else works in the game, that would require a remodel of the game mechanisms.

The way you explained it the second time makes sense, the first one didn't however. But now it matches pretty much with mine.

Plus, I hope eventually, when they give out dual element armors, they give you the option of facing either a RB with a mono element that matches, or a dual element (more bonus pts)

Example.
Fire/Wind Epic reward

You can choose to face a Fire RB, a Wind RB, or a Fire/Wind RB (for a 10% bonus).

Marco_
07-05-2014, 09:49 AM
This is all dependent on your strength. Record your damages, see where you are most helpful to the guild. I put together an extensive spreadsheet tracking info from 5-6 of my guildies with various armor strength attacking RB's of various levels, and have created a strategy for us to follow. Remember, levels 2-3 have the biggest jump in strength for the boss, but also lvl 3 is where the bonus' for winning take a massive jump as well.
Which is all irrelevant for guilds lower down. level 1 raid bosses have the best milestone points per energy, since all other bosses have higher attack, so you'll do less damage before being dead at those higher bosses.
Focussing 100% on milestones by getting max. milestone points from level 1 raid bosses is optimal for guilds lower down because the guild rewards pale in comparison if your guild isn't near the top.
I'm just looking at it from a time invested vs reward perspective and for 95-99% of the guilds just targeting the individual milestones should be optimal there.

Sol Invictus
07-05-2014, 09:50 AM
The element would not be random.

The element would be fixed to a specific Boss, like Earth for Orc or Fire/Water for Lilith or Spirit/Wind for Death, and so on. I'd like to see it randomize the enemy, not the element.

B Legit
07-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Which is all irrelevant for guilds lower down. level 1 raid bosses have the best milestone points per energy, since all other bosses have higher attack, so you'll do less damage before being dead at those higher bosses.
Focussing 100% on milestones by getting max. milestone points from level 1 raid bosses is optimal for guilds lower down because the guild rewards pale in comparison if your guild isn't near the top.
I'm just looking at it from a time invested vs reward perspective and for 95-99% of the guilds just targeting the individual milestones should be optimal there.

Yeah I understand that point completely. If you are not shooting t25 that is a fine strategy.
But we are sitting inside the t25 right now, so I have to view it to maximize our guild Pts not my individual :)

B Legit
07-05-2014, 09:53 AM
The element would not be random.

The element would be fixed to a specific Boss, like Earth for Orc or Fire/Water for Lilith or Spirit/Wind for Death, and so on. I'd like to see it randomize the enemy, not the element.

Yeah I really like the random old EB idea. Would be easy for them to implement too, they already have all the designs and data.

sxespanky
07-05-2014, 10:45 AM
ok - well RNG is not hard to program AT ALL. its as simple as saying - random number between 1 -20, if its one, this monster, if its 2, this monster. seriously, that easy. the methods would all be the same, with setHP at 70k, or whatever.

as for the Team VS individual points, i was saying that if you have a very active guild, someone needs to attack the low HP orcs still, if you have problems with waiting the hour for the orc to leave. for me, right now un an unactive guild, me and one other guy is attacking, my attacks do 30-32k, so i could kill 1 orc and hurt another for a grand total of 110k points (70hp + 10 bonus, +30 for another hit), or i can hit 2 different orcs twice each, for 120k points(30*2 + 30*2). if you have weak people in your guild, they could easily be your hey hit they low HP orc for me.

i do 20k damage at level 2, i think even if i used all my gems to kill that boss, i would be better off just attacking level ones.

also - i keep getting signed out of forum litterally seconds of logging in, every time i log in.

B Legit
07-05-2014, 10:56 AM
ok - well RNG is not hard to program AT ALL. its as simple as saying - random number between 1 -20, if its one, this monster, if its 2, this monster. seriously, that easy. the methods would all be the same, with setHP at 70k, or whatever.

as for the Team VS individual points, i was saying that if you have a very active guild, someone needs to attack the low HP orcs still, if you have problems with waiting the hour for the orc to leave. for me, right now un an unactive guild, me and one other guy is attacking, my attacks do 30-32k, so i could kill 1 orc and hurt another for a grand total of 110k points (70hp + 10 bonus, +30 for another hit), or i can hit 2 different orcs twice each, for 120k points(30*2 + 30*2). if you have weak people in your guild, they could easily be your hey hit they low HP orc for me.

i do 20k damage at level 2, i think even if i used all my gems to kill that boss, i would be better off just attacking level ones.

also - i keep getting signed out of forum litterally seconds of logging in, every time i log in.

Yes the concept is easy, even a 5 year old could understand it. but to implement in the game would not be easy. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it requires redoing the game mechanics of something they JUST created and already have so many other bugs to worry about. All this "simple" stuff is very easy at an individual or small scale. However gotta remember they are dealing with hundreds of thousands of players, on two difference operating systems, all over the world.

sxespanky
07-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Yes the concept is easy, even a 5 year old could understand it. but to implement in the game would not be easy. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it requires redoing the game mechanics of something they JUST created and already have so many other bugs to worry about. All this "simple" stuff is very easy at an individual or small scale. However gotta remember they are dealing with hundreds of thousands of players, on two difference operating systems, all over the world.

i make stupid programs for school - i know how much it sucks fixing bugs - the its better to impliment it right away, and then fix the bugs, than fix ****s for a system that doesnt work well with the game, then go back and rework the fixed code, and fix those bugs. also - adding rng wont mess up their code, all they have to do is allocate extra methods to pull back old boss files, and point them to the next boss selection screen.

they could easily use a switch case, ir a nested if else if, in fact - i will write one when im done with this recent homework, gree can have it free of charge. might teach their department a thing or two about creating video games - thats assumign they use java, but all languages are so closely related, they could just change the language and understand it just fine.

Rookeye
07-05-2014, 04:45 PM
From before:

I am LOVING the reward structure. It seems every which way you turn, you trip over a prize. I am very happy that those who work hardest in a guild get recognized; I wish the slackers (i.e. leeches, i.e. Those who never strike a single blow) would get NOTHING, but at least this is a step in the right direction.
Completely agree although it is really boring to top guilds, probably a lot more exciting for lower guilds and yeah all the rewards are great especially for newer players. Maybe it would be better as a blitz tho, not 3 days but thats my opinion.

Especially since it's visually the SAME Orc, over and over? I agree. But let's have this blitz often. I was able to upgrade a lot of stuff sitting on my shelf just with prize armor flying at me hither and yon. ;)

Kangaroeland
07-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Yeah i agree the milestone rewards rock, can finally finish some epics i had laying around

Rookeye
07-06-2014, 02:40 PM
I appreciate the frequency of them, for sure. :)

Mogath
07-07-2014, 11:07 AM
As I said in another thread I think the rewards system is great, only thing I would have be different is potentially a different model.

1-2: Lesser Model
3-4: Medium Model
5: Boss Model

That way the models are at least visually different and appealing :) I also managed to finish leveling an epic, an EB+ and just started working on an epic+ with all these rewards :D

stankNord
07-07-2014, 01:06 PM
I apologize if this is the wrong place for this question but I do not have permissions to begin a new thread.

After the Raid Event today the bulk of my guild received rewards as expected. I, on the other hand, receive the message "Your guild didn't receive a rank during this Raid Event."

Has anyone else encountered this?

(By the way - we didn't do great but we did rank. #540 to be exact.)

I dropped a fair amount of gems on this event (which I loved until now) and am nervous that I may have thrown good money after bad.

All normal troubleshooting performed - reboot, uninstall etc.

It would be reassuring to know that someone else saw this glitch and that I may receive my items.

Cheers!

legalious
07-07-2014, 01:09 PM
To answer your question:

This is an issue that Gree knows and is currently working on. (Clicking on the quote below will take you to the original post)

We are aware that there were several issues regarding the Raid Boss event. Our teams are currently working on sorting them out and fixing them. Please remain patient as they continue to work on these and they may take some time. We will be updating everyone as soon as possible. Apologies for the frustrations and delay.

Princess_Alexis
07-07-2014, 01:11 PM
My guild is having the same problem. Some members are receiving the rewards but the majority have the reoccurring "no rank" message.

stankNord
07-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Thank you so much, legalious for your quick and courteous reply!