PDA

View Full Version : Baa... Baaaa..... Baaaaaa....

ScrewThis
06-28-2014, 02:26 AM
Hear that?

That's the sound of the sheep who think they HAVE to do every event Gree gives them. Regardless how utterly horrid it is.

Like this Frontline, piece of garbage. Has anyone NOT yet figured out it is ONLY about gold spending? Not a single other event is like this. De nada. Every other event, people can play along up to a point for free, then you will regen or have more energy and off you go again. This one, not so much.

Unless you are prepared to wait for 8+ hours to be able to deploy enough in a single battle, you have to spend gold. 25 deploys is nothing in this event, we now know. But assume you play the bare minimum per battle, you have to spend at least 25 gold per war. Assuming 25 wars, that's 625 gold. 625 GOLD JUST TO PLAY. Not to help finish an event or anything like that. JUST TO PLAY.

And if you really want to make an impact you have to get those little ships. Anything else doesn't move the needle people. The cash units are USELESS. Even if you are a low faction struggling to make top 4000. You can't do ANYTHING with them and any faction deploying only cash is sure to lose. Let's say you deploy 10 of those per battle. You will need 250 of them. That's 6213 gold. Mother....kisser....

So, just to play this game and make any impact you need to burn through 5+ vaults. Not to excel, just to participate. And the rewards are prizes we don't want or need. So my only question is, are you f-ing kidding us?

They say the sound of sheep bleating is always most deafening just before the slaughter. I can see the abattoir not very far away now.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
06-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Ahh, the sweet words of wisdom.
I hope those in their gold induced stupor awaken before their unnecessary demise.

Rookeye
06-28-2014, 02:51 AM
Any takers yet? Any instructions to the wooly faithful? Just checking... :)

jethro650
06-28-2014, 05:45 AM
Actually t500 gold free isnt a problem with only half a faction taking part. Its called strategy and you don't need to win every node to advance through the ranks.

Mikelord
06-28-2014, 08:36 AM
Actually t500 gold free isnt a problem with only half a faction taking part. Its called strategy and you don't need to win every node to advance through the ranks.

Haha well said, currently sitting top30ish and we are gold free too, all about stratagey. I don't have any regrets for stupid players who don't utilize every hit of knowledge going into the new game. We adapted so should you.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
06-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Some say adapted, others might call it acquiesced, yet another view would refer to it as assimilated. It all depends upon one's perspective.

Ozymandias
06-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Or you could be sensible, and wait until all other factions have burnt themselves out in early enthusiasm, then reap the benefits and win battles easy

reesiepuff
06-28-2014, 09:57 AM
we are mostly gold free and are doing better than we do in WD, so its not all bad, but still a dumb event

Mr llama
06-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Have to agree its not that bad do a couple wars and win two boost units. Think we have done 4 battles and are staying in top 800

steelhead
06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Or you could be sensible, and wait until all other factions have burnt themselves out in early enthusiasm, then reap the benefits and win battles easy

Don't count on it. There is some crazy gold use during this event.

steelhead
06-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Hear that?

That's the sound of the sheep who think they HAVE to do every event Gree gives them. Regardless how utterly horrid it is.

Like this Frontline, piece of garbage. Has anyone NOT yet figured out it is ONLY about gold spending? Not a single other event is like this. De nada. Every other event, people can play along up to a point for free, then you will regen or have more energy and off you go again. This one, not so much.

Unless you are prepared to wait for 8+ hours to be able to deploy enough in a single battle, you have to spend gold. 25 deploys is nothing in this event, we now know. But assume you play the bare minimum per battle, you have to spend at least 25 gold per war. Assuming 25 wars, that's 625 gold. 625 GOLD JUST TO PLAY. Not to help finish an event or anything like that. JUST TO PLAY.

And if you really want to make an impact you have to get those little ships. Anything else doesn't move the needle people. The cash units are USELESS. Even if you are a low faction struggling to make top 4000. You can't do ANYTHING with them and any faction deploying only cash is sure to lose. Let's say you deploy 10 of those per battle. You will need 250 of them. That's 6213 gold. Mother....kisser....

So, just to play this game and make any impact you need to burn through 5+ vaults. Not to excel, just to participate. And the rewards are prizes we don't want or need. So my only question is, are you f-ing kidding us?

They say the sound of sheep bleating is always most deafening just before the slaughter. I can see the abattoir not very far away now.

Very true. This event is all about spending gold.

Shrinko
06-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Hear that?

25 gold only gets you 25 deploys which will not get you anywhere. To refill to full health it takes 250 gold, so you can multiply your number by 10. Good luck to all who wish to give gree their $$

Adm. J(K96)
06-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Just like any other FvF event, gold spenders will challenge the ranking of gold spenders, and the free guys will challenge the free. I think we are sitting around 500 and more than half our faction hasnt even done anything, and none of us use gold anymore. There may be some crazy gold use at the top, but the rest seem to be mucking it out for free. Good for them, maybe Gree will get the message if the coffers aren't as full as they expected.

DFI
06-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Haha well said, currently sitting top30ish and we are gold free too, all about stratagey. I don't have any regrets for stupid players who don't utilize every hit of knowledge going into the new game. We adapted so should you.

Same here. Gold free and about 25-35 depending on when we check results. Participation, participation and participation. If we used gold cld be top 15 easily. Many teams should do better than WD. That said, the event is stupid.