PDA

View Full Version : How did Frontline get past QA

Pidgeot
06-27-2014, 01:22 PM
This is not a thread to bash the design team but how did you all design such a flawed event? Im all for new things but this... There was no info for this event up till last week so I bought units hoping for a more responsive Full Assault, instead we get Frontline units.

Most players, some around 85 percent, maybe higher cant afford this event. You ask WAY too much for the tanks and our IPH can't support more than 1 event. Buying gold refills are pointless because we have no units to deploy.

While Im on units. What the heck is this;

Frontline Point Gunner: 25 Power
Frontline XR-7: 170 Power
Frontline MBT: 1713 Power
Frontline LST Carrier: 12000

How did you guys not see a problem with this? The Gunner and XR-7 are pointless. I bought some thinking they may be good for something but boy was I wrong. The MBT is the only one that matters but its too expensive for most players and the LST Carrier is WAY too big. You give us only 4 units to pick from but either make them too weak or too expensive. It comes down to the LST Carrier each time. The other units need a buff badly, with the gunner starting at 4500 with the MBT ending at 8500.

I'll end this in saying how could you release a event most players cant play in? I'd much rather have Full Assault back, with tweaks to playability because at least I could play it.

Also, good job on making this really responsive. I did not expect that.

CrazyNerdyGirl
06-27-2014, 01:48 PM
This is not a thread to bash the design team but how did you all design such a flawed event? Im all for new things but this... There was no info for this event up till last week so I bought units hoping for a more responsive Full Assault, instead we get Frontline units.

Most players, some around 85 percent, maybe higher cant afford this event. You ask WAY too much for the tanks and our IPH can't support more than 1 event. Buying gold refills are pointless because we have no units to deploy.

While Im on units. What the heck is this;

Frontline Point Gunner: 25 Power
Frontline XR-7: 170 Power
Frontline MBT: 1713 Power
Frontline LST Carrier: 12000

How did you guys not see a problem with this? The Gunner and XR-7 are pointless. I bought some thinking they may be good for something but boy was I wrong. The MBT is the only one that matters but its too expensive for most players and the LST Carrier is WAY too big. You give us only 4 units to pick from but either make them too weak or too expensive. It comes down to the LST Carrier each time. The other units need a buff badly, with the gunner starting at 4500 with the MBT ending at 8500.

I'll end this in saying how could you release a event most players cant play in? I'd much rather have Full Assault back, with tweaks to playability because at least I could play it.

Also, good job on making this really responsive. I did not expect that.

The lower level units are so the lower level factions can participate on their own terms. We also paired frontline with an LTQ so you can earn frontline rewards to help you participate.

mreilly
06-27-2014, 01:52 PM
Why weren't you saving up some cash over the past week or longer if your iph is that bad? You check the forums but didn't see anywhere that this event was coming up? There was lots of warning and preparation you could have taken had you done just a bit of research.

My iph sucks ass compared to most but i've saved up a ****load for this.

Shrinko
06-27-2014, 01:57 PM
The event was designed as a gold grab and nothing else. As long as they make $$, they are happy.

Another point that someone stated in a different thread is that this event was designed by the members of the top factions for the top factions. That brings me to another thought: are all beta testers from the top factions or at least the majority of them? Maybe that's a big part of the problem.

AlexFoo
06-27-2014, 01:58 PM
The lower level units are so the lower level factions can participate on their own terms. We also paired frontline with an LTQ so you can earn frontline rewards to help you participate.

match ups haven't been great, we're a top 10 team and our first few have been against top 400. not really fair for them as we're putting up more on each node than they can as an entire faction. overall I like the event and the new details on the war room screen

pacotaco
06-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Why weren't you saving up some cash over the past week or longer if your iph is that bad? You check the forums but didn't see anywhere that this event was coming up? There was lots of warning and preparation you could have taken had you done just a bit of research.

He probably had overvaulted his money and got stuck with 90mil. 100 tanks is only 50mil which is still pretty expensive even for 4mil iph. What i really hate about this event is that its 1 deploy every 5min. 1 DEPLOY. 5MINUTES. WHAT IS THAT LOGIC. AND YOU DONT EVEN GIVE US FULL DEPLOYS, ONLY HALF?!

Pidgeot
06-27-2014, 02:05 PM
mreilly, my IPH is about 1.5m and have been upgrading money buildings since I started playing.

@ pacotaco, I was 650m overvault and spend the money on growlers, expecting to use them, to to my surprise I found out they wont be used so I spend the rest on Tanks. Got about 175, which got used. Now I cant afford any more wars.

Jrich
06-27-2014, 02:15 PM
I prefer Full Assault to this event. There was at least some more strategy in the previous version. And the scoring was clearer. I have yet to see any explanation how points are tallied and scored. Based on one battle, it seems to be total deployment numbers added to node control points, which aren't explained at all. How are these calculated? Maybe I'm missing something..

The deployment regen is stupid slow. Way slower than FA where you could send 10 units per deploy. Now, it's one unit per deploy every 5m.

At least let us start with full health too, not this half bar ****.

Good luck GREE, I have some gold but I won't be spending it on this event. I'll save it for something that makes sense

Dutch Marines
06-27-2014, 05:21 PM
I got locked out. I was helping another faction and read on chat Frontline was on. I rushed to my faction but could not get in, neither could I get back to the faction I was in. I also can't create my own faction. Nice going, I feel like I'm stuck in North Korea. I send a ticket to Green and hope I can get into my faction before the event is over. Already bought some units for this event.

Dutch Marines
06-27-2014, 05:32 PM
It's just stupid. Why lock factions? Why isn't there a warning if someone leaves faction you can't join another one. If it's only for WD I can understand it, but just doing it randomly sucks.

Danger Mouse
06-27-2014, 06:25 PM
I got locked out. I was helping another faction and read on chat Frontline was on. I rushed to my faction but could not get in, neither could I get back to the faction I was in. I also can't create my own faction. Nice going, I feel like I'm stuck in North Korea. I send a ticket to Green and hope I can get into my faction before the event is over. Already bought some units for this event.

Count yourself lucky you're excluded. What a waste of time and effort this event is.

Danger Mouse
06-27-2014, 06:26 PM
The failure in the OP's thread topic is the assumption that there is actual QA......

Agent Orange
06-27-2014, 06:38 PM

I hate to say it but no, unless there is something fixed in the matching algorithm to ensure a fair match as opposed to getting nailed by much stronger factions.

I suppose it is possible since the one and only battle I put my test faction in took about 15 minutes for a match, and the opponents did seem well matched. Granted if I try another battle maybe in 24 hours so I can deploy a couple of units I might find out otherwise.

I realize it must really suck to be in your position, trying to calm down pissed off customers and I applaude you guys for taking the crap we dish out but for god sakes give the guys in Q&A a slap!

Agent Orange
06-27-2014, 06:40 PM

And I just bet you got a couple beta testers in your faction.....

Reubengoh
06-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Obviously the beta testers were heavy gold users....

The only way to win is big power + unlimited deploys = gold++

This is a poorly thought out event that makes MW seem like a joke!

Reubengoh
06-27-2014, 08:23 PM

THIS IS A VERY POORLY PLANNED EVENT. WILL BE REPORTING ITUNES FOR THIS UNPROFESSIONAL EVENT.

On top of the problems with frontline (the event), they added one LTQ just to add on to the units.

THREE EVENTS RUNNING SIMULTANEOUSLY - unacceptable!

THERE IS NO CLEAR FINAL UNITS, NO COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE LTQ (neither splash screen or in the forums).

MW IS GOING TO HELL.

sorry for the caps and this anger. this game is getting more stupid.

MJR.Dikpuncher
06-27-2014, 08:50 PM

Yeah....no. Thats bs. The fact that the 40% off gold sale applies to EVERYONE (not just high level factions or low ) totally nullifies your completely illogical retort. If your gonna buy gold at all the 40% discount would be the time to buy it. So, YES, even low level factions will be using the Sea Units for 35 gold- though be it along side the nearly useless Infantry and Air units. Its a big ole crap chute...

All this event boils down to is who has the deepest pockets...THATS...IT.

He who has the gold MAKES the rules... isnt that how the saying goes?

Shrinko
06-27-2014, 10:00 PM
Yeah....no. Thats bs. The fact that the 40% off gold sale applies to EVERYONE (not just high level factions or low ) totally nullifies your completely illogical retort. If your gonna buy gold at all the 40% discount would be the time to buy it. So, YES, even low level factions will be using the Sea Units for 35 gold- though be it along side the nearly useless Infantry and Air units. Its a big ole crap chute...

All this event boils down to is who has the deepest pockets...THATS...IT.

He who has the gold MAKES the rules... isnt that how the saying goes?

Agree with what you said except that everyone would be buying gold. Nobody in our faction is buying gold and nobody in our faction is buying cruisers. F this event and f gree. We are not spending a cent on this game anymore. Gree destroyed MW and they destroyed full assault. Congratulations gree! We'll probably have a few people quit right after this event. I'm gonna be one of them.

Big she'd
06-28-2014, 02:07 AM
The simple answer is " some serious drugs must have been involved "

Jannski
06-28-2014, 06:43 AM
Obviously the beta testers were heavy gold users....

No.... Here's the problem. I was talking to someone who was beta testing this event. He didn't tell me about the event other than what was published... But he did tell me he had to think of some positive feedback to give because they give you a free unit if they like your feedback.

If what he said was true and not his misunderstanding, then that's asking for a failure in testing. I thought about signing up since I do beta testing in my real job and know what a good test and feedback means.... What honestly stopped me from signing up is this game is already getting to be too much like an unpaid job with back to back events.

...but if your beta testers aren't providing real feedback because of the reward structure.... You may want to look at how its incentives are structured. Make sure it's structured to reward providing both positive and improvement recommendations... Reward on overall feedback quality if you aren't already. If you feel that it's already structured that way, make sure beta testers understand what you're rewarding.

My unasked for 2 cents anyway.

Asto
06-28-2014, 07:03 AM
All this event was made for is quite simple, gold for players and more significantly one hell of a lot of cash for gree. To be quite frank it's a shambles and the funny part is that there are/were a lot of factions completely oblivious to this.

I think gree should scrap this event and start over AGAIN, but combine FA and FL together. Gree should use the idea of different units so people aren't wasting units and losing millions in stats, but maybe increase the cost of some of the units as well as adding more to buy. I liked the FA because it separated the high iph monsters with the gold using addicts. Gree said that iph would become more important; in FA this was the case, but in FL it's completely irrelevant. This event is simply gold, nothing else, whether it be buying refills or that ship unit. Evidently teams don't have a problem with this and more fool them, but to us with a brain could gree have made this more blatantly obvious? I think not

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
06-28-2014, 07:57 AM
You control what you choose to, and you have the ability to do whatever you think is best for yourself.