PDA

View Full Version : Ouch. Be warned!

Sleazy_P_Martini
06-26-2014, 07:19 PM
If this mini war is succesful, you can expect a gradual increase in frequency for each cycle. I see 2-3 of these occurring per month. I'm sure it will be a fun event. And this 40% sale is gonna be nice. But unless you don't mind doubling your cc expenditures, then this event is gonna hurt.

We all know top ten teams are gonna require full participation.

namedud
06-26-2014, 07:25 PM
This event is going to be a huge F U to free players. So F U to Gree's "sale". The only people going for that are the people who are still falling for the old "stats are everything and I'm in a TOP syndicate" line.

Luv4UR Mom
06-26-2014, 07:26 PM
If this mini war is succesful, you can expect a gradual increase in frequency for each cycle. I see 2-3 of these occurring per month. I'm sure it will be a fun event. And this 40% sale is gonna be nice. But unless you don't mind doubling your cc expenditures, then this event is gonna hurt.

We all know top ten teams are gonna require full participation.

Not sure if it will get to 3 per month, but if successful, it would only make sense to increase frequency, or ramp it up in some way......and you can be sure, the next one won't include the 40% discount sale.

Sleazy_P_Martini
06-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Indeed. I recall early on in syndicate wars, gree tried to up the frequency to two full wars per month. Nothing wrong with that. We just gotta be ready for how thats gonna affect our gameplay. Like any other event, we don't have to participate every time.

Luv4UR Mom
06-26-2014, 07:34 PM
This is Gree tempting SAS...... SAS hasn't been able to beat FC/TAW in any kind of extended battle event. This event is nothing more than a temptation to SAS, and to be honest- Gree hopes they go for it, because if they do.....TAW will spend unlimited amounts of gold to stop SAS from beating them.

Sleazy_P_Martini
06-26-2014, 07:40 PM
I have it on good authority that monte's commissions don't pay out till the first of the month. So SAS may not be at full steam.

Dipstik
06-26-2014, 08:13 PM
I heard Monte was taking a break from SAS to work on some squats

Sleazy_P_Martini
06-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Hmmmm. He has been skipping leg day. He's starting to look like Molly's Voice. All peck and no gobble.

Luv4UR Mom
06-27-2014, 08:22 PM
This is Gree tempting SAS...... SAS hasn't been able to beat FC/TAW in any kind of extended battle event. This event is nothing more than a temptation to SAS, and to be honest- Gree hopes they go for it, because if they do.....TAW will spend unlimited amounts of gold to stop SAS from beating them.

Just quoting myself for truth.......

CC Fred
06-27-2014, 08:43 PM
This war format is very bad for the game. The top 3ish teams still seem to be throwing money to Gree. It looks like the same amounts of gold will be used in 24 hours for those teams as the normal battle weekend.

Sure we have all seen an uptick in retirements and entire synds seem to be folding lately. How long will this game last? Can the top few teams spend enough to keep it going?

RuckusXsuckuR
06-27-2014, 08:53 PM
This war format is very bad for the game. The top 3ish teams still seem to be throwing money to Gree. It looks like the same amounts of gold will be used in 24 hours for those teams as the normal battle weekend.

Sure we have all seen an uptick in retirements and entire synds seem to be folding lately. How long will this game last? Can the top few teams spend enough to keep it going?
I have had my doubts about how long this game will last. Let me assure you, the upper teams can surely spend enough to keep this game worthwhile for Gree. This mini war is just more proof of the fact.