PDA

View Full Version : Faction leader looking for better ways to comm and post info to members

Nukesarge
06-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Looking for input from members of well organized factions. As a faction leader I've grown tired and frustrated with the in game chat and having to individually message 36 members regarding event info, faction policy or changes etc. It gets very time consuming. So I have some questions I hope you could shed some light on and provide outside game recommendations.

I've read all the threads through multiple Gree game forums regarding recommended chat programs. The piece of info missing from them is what one works for members using both phones and tablets where #'s aren't required? I tried Group me based off recommendations however found out I can't set up with all members do to that.

How do you post large amounts of fixed info for members to access like faction rules and requirements, SOP's for specific game events, schedules, spreadsheets, member list with ID#'s and A/D stats etc. would even like the ability to post video.

Aside from a faction website is there other viable options for these things??

Thanks

Danger Mouse
06-26-2014, 07:59 PM
The faction I was in used an app called LINE. Worked brilliantly in Ios and 'Droid, phone and tablet, for all of the above, in fact became as addictive as the game for parallel chat while/instead-of playing. With LINE you cabn set up a line identity and use that for access and member invitation. It asks for phone numbers, but doesnt use them once you have a LINE identity set up.

Nukesarge
06-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Does the number need to be a mobile one to work or can members use home number? That's the problem not all members have mobile phones.

also is their a way to post fixed info that's locked and just for viewing?

Danger Mouse
06-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Does the number need to be a mobile one to work or can members use home number? That's the problem not all members have mobile phones.

also is their a way to post fixed info that's locked and just for viewing?

From memory any number will do. There is a notice board where only the person who posts the notice can edit it or take the information down. So faction officers for our faction would post info for members to access whenever they needed it. anyone can post info, so you do need to police the notice board to stop it filling with junk, and if a member gets booted and has notices posted - those notices stay as they are the only ones who can delete it.

You can create Sub groups (Officers, Intel gatherers, etc) so some faction conversations (regarding which slacker to boot etc) could be carried out on an invitation basis only private from the rest of the faction. You can also PM individual members.

Major Weapons
06-26-2014, 10:12 PM
Palringo works the best in my opinion. It requires no phone number to set up. We use 3 rooms. A main chat room for rolls calls and general chat. A events room where we post war scouting reports and FLTQ info. And a officer only room to disscuss faction info.

Danger Mouse
06-26-2014, 10:18 PM
All personal taste I guess. I didn't like palringo when part of a faction that ran it, same with groupme, and found LINE easier and more intuitive. Just my bias.

qwertyguy
06-26-2014, 11:23 PM
You can do everything you want without phone numbers in each of those apps (including GroupMe). You just have to know how. It's done a little bit differently in each one.

azgrunge
06-26-2014, 11:28 PM
All personal taste I guess. I didn't like palringo when part of a faction that ran it, same with groupme, and found LINE easier and more intuitive. Just my bias.

Unless parking has really advanced in the last two years I would say the others are better. I don't like Groupme since they won't support two year old op systems (eg iOS 6"5). Line has come a long way in the last year but I prefer kakao. Both are similar. Both you can hide your phone number and be anon. Line does allow you to boot others from a group room (say if they leave faction). Kakao did not allow that as of six months ago, not sure now. But kakao you can load a dup acct on your laptop so discuss on laptop while in game On phone. This gives the edge to kakao IMO. But line is close behind. The rest don't cOme close.

qwertyguy
06-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Although I've heard that you cannot dump a member from a chat room in Groupme, its my understanding that this is false information. It can only be done by the creator of the group and it is not an intuitive method. You have to know how. And when the member is gone, their messages remain. But these can be hidden or wiped from individual devices so they are no longer burdensome.

Tomate Eins
06-26-2014, 11:59 PM
I love groupme but avoid teams using Line. Line sucks, and KakaoTalk is even worse imo.
Booting someone from GM is perfectly doable. Even if not the creator of the group.

qwertyguy
06-27-2014, 12:06 AM
It's my understanding that if you cannot get numbers for groupme membership, it can be done by email. Anybody who is online should be able to get an email address to do this. As far as iOS 6.5 no longer being supported, that's because it's true for most any major messaging or video application. Apple itself is now beginning to force people to upgrade to 7.1 or their device becomes almost unusable, except for the most basic services.

BrisingrBoss
06-27-2014, 12:16 AM
booting someone on groupme is very easy. i prefer groupme because i cal log on to it on any computer, as it works on a browser. main deal for me is to be able to play the game, look at the screen of the game and copy that info onto the computer. can also use groupme on droid, ios. only inconvenience is to have a real mobile number to receive a confirmation code. now at days anybody 13 and up has a mobile number. anybody that doesn't really have a number, maybe not so much help, as they might not be able to buy gold either. lastly, Groupme does not reveal your phone number to anybody, and you can put whatever info there you want for name. so for me groupme is a winner, just because I don't have to install it on computer. kakao is a pain because you can never really disable the notifications when you go to sleep. you disable, someone else enables again and you are right back receiving the annoying notifications while trying to sleep. and even though kakao can be used on computer you need to install it on computer and it automatically logs you off mobile when log to computer so you have to keep logging back in and out if you need to swap devices. and for example I don't really want to install kakao on my work computer.... I really dont see the big deal on giving out your mobile number to receive a text confirmation. you do it for gmail, microsoft live, etc. and dont even come to me saying you don't want the big guys to have your number. the ones that matter already have it, and your in game friends will never know your name, or phone number unless you post it.

Bluehavana2
06-27-2014, 04:45 AM
We use kakao for chat and phpbb for posting of rules, tips, info etc.
I've also used groupme in the past and found that both groupme and kakao work well and each has it's' pros and cons.

Gen CheeBye
06-27-2014, 05:55 AM
I've used palringo, line and groupme.

Personal preference would be groupme. Also because of dockbot (a big shout out to Cody21 ;) ).

kguittar
06-27-2014, 07:15 AM
My experience is as follows:
Palringo - terrible, never had a good experience with it.

Groupme - love it, easy to create multiple rooms for different events and it is essential for WD

In game chat - they still have that? just kidding...

Line - don't have the same amount of experience but first reaction was i didn't like it.

In my opinion, Groupme is the way to go. there are a lot of other MW chats there for folder trade and for finding help with events, such as Raid boss, epic boss, and sometimes FLTQ.

Either way, you have to get on a 3rd party chat if you want to move up the ranks. Anything that will allow you to access from a PC or mac is also beneficial. I get on at work and its a lot more incognito than typing on my phone the whole time.

Merc_mw
06-27-2014, 07:25 AM
There is a simple way to get any of these up and running without a mobile phone or sharing yours. Download a chat app. It will provide you a phone number to use. Some of the chat apps will not accept texts from non phones, but if you look around you'll find one. I did.
GROUPME is our preference, primarily because of the PC component. Adds & deletes are simple and they have recently upgraded linking and video capability.

Nukesarge
06-27-2014, 07:27 AM
We use kakao for chat and phpbb for posting of rules, tips, info etc.
I've also used groupme in the past and found that both groupme and kakao work well and each has it's' pros and cons.

Can you elaborate on phpbb. I don't recognize what that is??

SimplyminiMW
06-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Line & kakao are pretty much the same with a couple different features. Line you can lose important information quickly, with kakao it has a "note" section that stays at the top of the room for ease.

Palringo is good for starters, download, make an account, make a room and tell everyone to download & search for the room name and they can join.

Groupme you can make with your home phone number so no cell phone required (like line & kakao). After downloading and creating a room you can post a link to the room to your members through the in game chat feature. And if they have it installed and a account started it's pretty simple.

Or, gree offers "team" forums. Only the creator of the team forum can add or delete people from it and you can post in the form of a thread for all to see and add comments to. Downside everyone needs a gree forum account.

Nukesarge
06-27-2014, 08:08 AM
SimplyminiMW, thanks for info. I had a member try groupme through app and he said it required cell # to txt code. If you set up account online can you use home #? If so will that carry over properly to mobile/tablet device through GM APP?

thanks your the first to mention team forum, can you help me with where to go on the site to set that up??

SimplyminiMW
06-27-2014, 08:12 AM
SimplyminiMW, thanks for info. I had a member try groupme through app and he said it required cell # to txt code. If you set up account online can you use home #? If so will that carry over properly to mobile/tablet device through GM APP?

thanks your the first to mention team forum, can you help me with where to go on the site to set that up??

http://forums.gree.net/group.php
team/group forum. It's what I started with almost two years ago.

Yes if you Goto groupme's website you can sign up with a home phone they will send a auto msg to your phone with a code that you use to activate your account. You can also sign up using Facebook.

And after I used my home phone to start my groupme account, I downloaded groupme on my windows 8x phone and it worked perfectly fine.

Nukesarge
06-27-2014, 09:07 AM
http://forums.gree.net/group.php
team/group forum. It's what I started with almost two years ago.

Yes if you Goto groupme's website you can sign up with a home phone they will send a auto msg to your phone with a code that you use to activate your account. You can also sign up using Facebook.

And after I used my home phone to start my groupme account, I downloaded groupme on my windows 8x phone and it worked perfectly fine.

Thanks this info has been very helpfull.

azgrunge
06-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Again, my problem with Groupme is it won't support anything but the latest software. So software 1.5 yrs old won't cut it. If you have an iPhone 4 you may be screwed since you have difficulty w ios7

Juggernaut
06-27-2014, 11:56 PM

Hi! I have been using Groupme for past 1.5 yrs.
The best part of using it is I can access groupme simultaneously, from iOS, bluestacks ( android emulator) & my desktop browser , using the same mail ID.

qwertyguy
06-28-2014, 12:14 AM
I have iPhone 4 and was forced to use iOS 7.1.1 if I wanted to use Facetime. There is absolutely no problem with it. I also use groupme with it and no problem either.

I originally refused to upgrade because of the problems associated with iOS 7.0 and the iPhone 4 (different version than is currently out), but those problems were fixed with iOS 7.1.1