PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of battle now?

Faith_1
06-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Soooo with no winners lists being posted, what is the point of battle? Or at least climbing ranks... We finished 697 (we think by our last check - but who knows?) But for recruitment purposes we could say we finished 550, we have the same prize and nobody would be any the wiser!! People potentially looking to join a new syn (and people looking into mergers) like to verify that information!!! Honestly don't see the point in pushing my syn any higher until we're ready to break into top 500...

Kitty McPurr
06-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Not only does not posting the ranking list take away an incentive for you to battle...the 23 1/2hr battle tomorrow only gives prizes out to the top 100 teams. I would be pissed if I was in a top 150 team. Furthermore, I am annoyed that teams ranked in top50 only recieve 3 prizes as opposed to the normal 9 or so prizes. It really is clearly a case of Gree trying to get something (your gold) for nothing or at least less (prizes and effort of a "new" event). Recycling events is just as bad as recycling building artwork...it lacks of effort.

Faith_1
06-26-2014, 03:38 PM
I thought there was still going to be all the regular rankings? That's what was said in the thread about it... they just posted a sample of the top prizes

Faith_1
06-26-2014, 03:40 PM
But I agree that lack of effort is becoming commonplace.... even in the forum, we have little to no communication and seem to be losing all incentives to continue buying gold....

Benito
06-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Amen, preach

alex88
06-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Not having a winners list isn't that big of a deal

mxz
06-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Umm since stats stopped mattering when they fracked the rivals list (and anything involved) - stats haven't mattered. Way to be 12 months late! Congrats on your 3 month old child!!

KemoKidd
06-26-2014, 04:36 PM
Umm since stats stopped mattering when they fracked the rivals list (and anything involved) - stats haven't mattered. Way to be 12 months late! Congrats on your 3 month old child!!

Yep. Stats only matter 4 days a month. The only good thing about the new rivals list is that I haven't bought gold since! Thank you Gree!

Tadaaah
06-26-2014, 04:55 PM
If someone would like to send me a PM the day wars end, it would be a nice reminder for me to grab those lists when they become available for you. Apologies, events for all games start to overlap in my head sometimes.

Not only does not posting the ranking list take away an incentive for you to battle...the 23 1/2hr battle tomorrow only gives prizes out to the top 100 teams. I would be pissed if I was in a top 150 team. Furthermore, I am annoyed that teams ranked in top50 only recieve 3 prizes as opposed to the normal 9 or so prizes. It really is clearly a case of Gree trying to get something (your gold) for nothing or at least less (prizes and effort of a "new" event). Recycling events is just as bad as recycling building artwork...it lacks of effort.

You are incorrect. We will be giving out more prizing than just the TOP 100. As stated in the quote below, we gave a sampling of prizing. That is more than in recent times for prizing lists, correct?

I thought there was still going to be all the regular rankings? That's what was said in the thread about it... they just posted a sample of the top prizes

Luv4UR Mom
06-26-2014, 05:03 PM
If someone would like to send me a PM the day wars end, it would be a nice reminder for me to grab those lists when they become available for you.

Hmmmmm.....I might try this at my job. I'm not going into the office again, until someone from work PMs me, and reminds me to come in.

namedud
06-26-2014, 05:32 PM

Yep. Stats only matter 4 days a month. The only good thing about the new rivals list is that I haven't bought gold since! Thank you Gree!

Stats don't even matter those 4 days a month. If you had 1m stats or 800m stats, your game experience would be the same. Always evenly matched rivals, always targets available during war, you can always defeat a good number of bosses (both raid and epic), etc. And the prizes you get from all these events, prizes that award stats, might change the names that appear on your rivals list but they won't change anything else.

The only real difference between the game experience of a high stat player vs a low stat player is how much money they burn on gold and what "rank" they get.

And cue irrelevant argument from delusional pixel chaser:

Kitty McPurr
06-26-2014, 09:43 PM
You are incorrect. We will be giving out more prizing than just the TOP 100. As stated in the quote below, we gave a sampling of prizing. That is more than in recent times for prizing lists, correct?

I respectfully disagree. The Battle prize lists are available for all to see in the game for the better part of three weeks, as it should be. The fact that you use your lack of transparency with other events as a yardstick to measure this slightly more translucent bit of info on an event, leads me to believe you either don't actually know what we have been asking for forever, or that you don't actually care what we have been asking for. I will make it clear...we want a simple list of the prizes for an event, all prizes, with mods included.

The reason people like this information is to help them plan their individual amount of gameplay for the most personally enjoyable experience.

CuoreBianconero
06-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Stats don't even matter those 4 days a month. If you had 1m stats or 800m stats, your game experience would be the same. Always evenly matched rivals, always targets available during war, you can always defeat a good number of bosses (both raid and epic), etc. And the prizes you get from all these events, prizes that award stats, might change the names that appear on your rivals list but they won't change anything else.

The only real difference between the game experience of a high stat player vs a low stat player is how much money they burn on gold and what "rank" they get.

And cue irrelevant argument from delusional pixel chaser:

Lol - sorry but you talking bull**** in this point. Lol again

namedud
06-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Lol - sorry but you talking bull**** in this point. Lol again

Ok, prove me wrong. Go 100% no gold for 6 months and make a thread stating how your game experience has changed.

Will you be stronger or weaker than the rivals presented to you in your rivals list?

Will you have more or fewer targets in war?

Will you have better targets in war?

Two part question: 1) Will you defeat more bosses, both epic and raid? 2) If yes, please state how the earned attack and defence stats affect your gameplay with regard to the previous three questions.

cynicalmofo
06-27-2014, 01:32 AM
Ok, prove me wrong. Go 100% no gold for 6 months and make a thread stating how your game experience has changed.

Will you be stronger or weaker than the rivals presented to you in your rivals list?

Will you have more or fewer targets in war?

Will you have better targets in war?

Two part question: 1) Will you defeat more bosses, both epic and raid? 2) If yes, please state how the earned attack and defence stats affect your gameplay with regard to the previous three questions.

This is what I've been saying since the rivals list change - No incentive to stat chase any more.

Look at the facts:

All of my rivals can rob me meaning everyone is now in a shark tank. Not an issue if you have a low IPH but I now have 100+ people targeting me because they haven't put time, effort or real money in to completing LTB's

Raising my stats by buying gold and putting in time, effort serves no purpose - I'll just end up in another "equally matched" shark tank.

Come war time, stats should matter but there hasn't been a war yet where I haven't found a weaker target.

Epic bosses have a slightly better triggering mechanism now but who wants to spend hours on end hitting the same boss when the only gain is a prize that'll only put you in a slightly different shark tank?

LTB's got screwed up - No incentive to upgrade to level 10 anymore. Used to be that you had small, pointless prizes all the way with a decent prize at level 10. I can happily stop at level 5 knowing I'm not missing out on anything worthwhile.

IPH is irrelevant - What can I do with the cash I generate? Nothing in the shop worth buying, no defensive buildings worth having.

Here's some background for you - I've spent silly amounts of money on this game over the time I've played. My aim was to be a strong low level player which is what I did. I sat between level 60 and level 70 with my 10m+ IPH using gold to get stronger and stronger - To the point where the only time I was losing attacks was at war time - Even then it was pretty rare.

These days, I get robbed minutes after my buildings are due so I simply leave them. 71 messages in the last 6 hours with people stealing $2. I thought I'd check some hoods and the highest IPH I found was 762k - WTF am I supposed to rob from them? Maybe I should attack them and show them who's boss - That way I get useless respect points and some XP which is also pretty useless. I don't get cash because their IPH is so low that they've banked all their cash and the best bit about it is I give them a link so they can find me easier.

The worst bit about it is that these accounts are less than 6 months old. They're usually Epic boss boosters that hit carmen, dropped the boss in 1 hit, waited 3 minutes and repeated - A very simple thing to script. How the **** can someone have over 1600 prizes from a single event - Especially a kill 100, 6 day event. That has to be scripted, a shared account or they simply sat on CC all week without sleeping but that's a whole other issue.

/end rant.

namedud
06-27-2014, 02:07 AM
Ladies and gentlemen (but face it, mostly ladies), proof that the truth is spreading!

CuoreBianconero
06-27-2014, 02:22 AM
Ok - Ok - Ok - your both are not completely wrong but i cant agree in all points :-) a lot of stuff.
sorry if i have offended somebody :-)

Rival List changed and now everybody can rob me. Correct. For example my IPH is very high i can no longer let my buildings "stand" then they get robbed. But is that a problem if you are well organized ? If i want i am able with this rival list changes to collect my hood 100 % every day - Fact.

TZora
06-27-2014, 02:56 AM
oh boy! all that crying and throwing things around ... gotta love it :)

Faith_1
06-27-2014, 02:46 PM
I disagree.... someone with 1m stats is going to have a hard time competing at a higher level than top 1000! Everyone wants to do better and rank higher, for that to happen you need better stats! We're a top 750 team and some of our smaller members struggle for targets sometimes. I used to hate the new rival list. Makes individual rivalries obsolete, as well as being competitive for your level... However, it's not going anywhere... Just embrace it and go on a robbing spree.... I understand how some high iph players are frustrated with the constant robberies but the only way to counter that is sell your hood. I rarely rob now unless I'm bored, however when I do go through a phase, I don't have issues finding viable targets.
Besides, the main point of this thread is my frustration over the winners list... Thank you Tadaaah for replying, does this mean the winners list will be posted up soon? I'm happy to send a pm after every battle if it means we get one!!!

Vile Lynn
06-27-2014, 03:03 PM
The point is to enjoy the game.
No matter your level, playing style, RL, gold/free, whatever.

Play your own way and remember others might play differently.
Be in a syn with players who have similar goals and playing styles to your own.

Don't sweat the small stuff :)

Faith_1
06-27-2014, 04:07 PM
I do lol, I'm the leader of our syn and we all like to see our name on the winners list at the end of every battle!!! Lmao :P

G.t
06-27-2014, 04:20 PM
very strang and bad

RuckusXsuckuR
06-27-2014, 06:31 PM
If someone would like to send me a PM the day wars end, it would be a nice reminder for me to grab those lists when they become available for you. Apologies, events for all games start to overlap in my head sometimes.

Okay, here is some Captain Obvious for you... Were you not JUST reminded by the OP before you wrote this comment? Clearly you are evading the point with an excuse. BLNT

CuoreBianconero
06-28-2014, 03:24 AM
I disagree.... someone with 1m stats is going to have a hard time competing at a higher level than top 1000! Everyone wants to do better and rank higher, for that to happen you need better stats! We're a top 750 team and some of our smaller members struggle for targets sometimes. I used to hate the new rival list. Makes individual rivalries obsolete, as well as being competitive for your level... However, it's not going anywhere... Just embrace it and go on a robbing spree....

yes agree with that very true :-)

I understand how some high iph players are frustrated with the constant robberies but the only way to counter that is sell your hood. I rarely rob now unless I'm bored, however when I do go through a phase, I don't have issues finding viable targets.
Besides, the main point of this thread is my frustration over the winners list... Thank you Tadaaah for replying, does this mean the winners list will be posted up soon? I'm happy to send a pm after every battle if it means we get one!!!

only way is to sell your hood ? damn why ? :-) If you are good organized you can collect 100 % a day. cant agree with that arguments.

MsTink0514
06-28-2014, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=Tadaaah;1331842]If someone would like to send me a PM the day wars end, it would be a nice reminder for me to grab those lists when they become available for you. Apologies, events for all games start to overlap in my head sometimes.

How hard is it to remember to post a ranking list after wars end? It's been done after every war for a very long time now.

Dipstik
06-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Geez you guys are demanding. Count your blessings I don't have tadaah's job. I think I'd post a scrambled list and then refuse to comment further just to watch you all squirm.

cooch
06-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Question for Tadaah:

Since the individual prizes for this war same as last war do they stack? Better. Please confirm!

namedud
06-29-2014, 12:39 AM
Question for Tadaah:

Since the individual prizes for this war same as last war do they stack? Better. Please confirm!

The individual prizes have been the same for many wars in a row. The tiers change a bit and new prizes trickle down with stat inflation, but other than that, the items have been the same for probably 3-4 wars now, maybe more (I don't keep records).

In my experience, yes, the mods on individual prizes stack. Hopefully that continues to be the case.

FCE ROCKS
06-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Soooo with no winners lists being posted, what is the point of battle? Or at least climbing ranks... We finished 697 (we think by our last check - but who knows?) But for recruitment purposes we could say we finished 550, we have the same prize and nobody would be any the wiser!! People potentially looking to join a new syn (and people looking into mergers) like to verify that information!!! Honestly don't see the point in pushing my syn any higher until we're ready to break into top 500...

I agree with what you said. GREE is just lazy.