PDA

View Full Version : Epic Boss: Is The Event "Too Easy"?

KingDante!
06-26-2014, 12:41 PM
I've heard many people argue that the Epic Boss is "too easy" and that it doesn't offer much of a challenge for players with higher stats.

I personally know players who completed the event without ever having to use more than 2 free hits, but I also know some who required a vault of gold in order to complete it.

So what's the general consensus?

Note: This is not a petition to have Gree raise the EB health, simply a poll to see what the people think. So please do say I'm complaining. :rolleyes:

SevenO9
06-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Lvl 150 took 3 cash hits. Not much of a challenge. But still enough tapping to get them all done. Don't change it please.

Jrich
06-26-2014, 12:53 PM
The challenge isn't health so much as time. I have to trigger 150 bosses (which has become easier, thx GREE) and coordinate hits with faction goals. I like the 100 wrapper and a more advanced 150 wrapper, bonuses at two stages so players who can't do 150 still have a nice reward.

Yes, many players can complete the event without gold, but most can't. The boss health is going up each time but not by the exorbitant amount that is used to. For a while there the health was going up way faster than stat inflation- that's no fun.

So.. I like it how it is (easy for me)

alexmodernwar
06-26-2014, 12:53 PM
I think the reward is you invest the time to do the event, 150 bosses is a lot of tapping the health is just right, i used to get bored being sat 5 days with boss 25 being to hard to take down, congrats to gree for getting an event right

KingDante!
06-26-2014, 01:00 PM
The challenge isn't health so much as time. I have to trigger 150 bosses (which has become easier, thx GREE) and coordinate hits with faction goals. I like the 100 wrapper and a more advanced 150 wrapper, bonuses at two stages so players who can't do 150 still have a nice reward.

Yes, many players can complete the event without gold, but most can't. The boss health is going up each time but not by the exorbitant amount that is used to. For a while there the health was going up way faster than stat inflation- that's no fun.

So.. I like it how it is (easy for me)

Yea, I remember those days. Boss health would nearly double in between campaigns. Even if you completed every event and placed well in WD, the next boss was still a bit more difficult than the previous :mad:

SimplyminiMW
06-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Well since not everyone can reach 150 kills, may it be time or boss health. I'd say the epic boss has finally become fun.
The epic boss use to be hit it the first day get to boss lvl 20 ish and run away from it for the next 4 days. Then they added faction goals but the health was too high still to have any enjoyment out of it.

Don't change this format gree.

Shrinko
06-26-2014, 02:28 PM
That's the problem. The boss was too easy for a small percentage of players with highly inflated stats, perhaps, for those with 400-500mil accounts around lvl 100-150. For the rest of us it took way too much time. I got sick of the event towards the end and didn't get to 150.

The question is how many of those monster accounts are out there. Maybe gree knows the answer to that question. I would guess that those players represent about 1% of MW community. They are very active and therefore very visible on this forum, so it sounds like boss event was easy but it wasn't. It was easy for a very small percent of players. For the rest of us it took too much time and too much effort and like I said I got really sick of killing these bosses

I don't know if there is a way for gree to make the event harder for those with high stats so they would stop complaining that it's too easy.

ElMacho
06-26-2014, 02:59 PM
If you want a challenge level up, it sucks in the 251-299 group and I'm sure even more for the 300 group.

Thief
06-26-2014, 03:09 PM
There needs to be a happy Medium.

If they decide to keep the 150 Kill Format then I think it should be obtainable for the masses with a small amount of gold for the fist 100 and then ramp up a little for the 120-150. As it stands if the vast of majority of players can complete for free its as if the event never really happened to begin with.

lwilgucki
06-26-2014, 03:18 PM
I like it. I got to 112 this time around taking 11 cash hits. But a much better event now, than how it used to be.
If some are finding it to easy, well count yourselves lucky.

Don't change a thing Gree.

Web323
06-26-2014, 03:21 PM
I am in the 251-299 tier and it was not bad. I just did 30 bosses a day so the faction goal is done.

Pissapigov
06-26-2014, 03:25 PM
I couldn't vote twice so my second vote is below:

Titty Sprinkles

crazeejay
06-26-2014, 03:32 PM
Put the 300's in the same group as the 251-299

codys21
06-26-2014, 03:45 PM
I like the format. It's a good difficulty for many players but it's time taking (which is ok because I'd rather spend time than gold). Main player killed 135 bosses with about 9 cash hits each (and ran out of time) and my level 60ish player finished the event with about 2 hours left.

Apollo13
06-26-2014, 03:45 PM
For my stat, it is just nice. I am on lvl 251, 297A and it is taking me to the last day to complete it. I think GREE is good and gone for the medium this time. And they are putting energies up for every boss event...so I suspect, it is going to be tougher next time round...as such, I would say to NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

KingDante!
06-26-2014, 03:47 PM
There needs to be a happy Medium.

If they decide to keep the 150 Kill Format then I think it should be obtainable for the masses with a small amount of gold for the fist 100 and then ramp up a little for the 120-150. As it stands if the vast of majority of players can complete for free its as if the event never really happened to begin with.

I agree with this.

Personally, I find a huge inconsistency between Gree's "Master" event chains. On one hand, the Raid Boss Master chain is challenging for even the elite factions, some may say a bit too challenging. But on the other hand, the Epic Boss Master chain is a complete cake walk for elite players. It was honestly boring because of how easy it was.

Gree needs to be a bit more thoughtful about which events they decide to tag with the "Master" title.

Danger Mouse
06-26-2014, 04:06 PM
I didn't see the option to vote for
"So what if it is too easy? Just shut up about it. Do you really want gree messing around and ruining it for everyone??"

Thief
06-26-2014, 04:10 PM
I agree with this.

Personally, I find a huge inconsistency between Gree's "Master" event chains. On one hand, the Raid Boss Master chain is challenging for even the elite factions, some may say a bit too challenging. But on the other hand, the Epic Boss Master chain is a complete cake walk for elite players. It was honestly boring because of how easy it was.

Gree needs to be a bit more thoughtful about which events they decide to tag with the "Master" title.

Yea Raid Boss is getting a little out of hand on the Master Section. I don't think anyone realized how hard it would be this time and for just another Attack Bonus (which doesn't apply to raid bosses anyways)

qwertyguy
06-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Well, they did get this epic boss right for once. I finished off 106 bosses this time using 6 or 7 cash hits. I could have done a lot more if I had the time to play 24/7. The last epic prior to this one wasn't bad either, but the extension ran into WD - making it useless. I only finished 102 that time. By the way, this epic was much harder than last time. I did more only because there was more time.

Now if they only could fix the crate event back to where it was, I'd be happier. They doubled the cost of a middle option to open. That's way too expensive for most people to participate fully. And there is no way that I'm going full throttle using the free option...it's a waste of time for the most part. Gold? You're kidding right. Money doesn't grow on trees for me.

If you're going to make adjustments, then use some common sense. Somebody finally came to their senses with this epic boss. Please, use it in other events too.

qwertyguy
06-26-2014, 04:50 PM
After reading some comments from those who are supermen compared to me, I'd like to add something.

Perhaps a master's section could be added for top level players...similar to the Master's chain in Raid Boss. Make it 151 to 200 bosses and call it 'Jason Lives' (from the Friday the 13th movie series) or something like that. These guys want something challenging. Give it to them.

But don't mess with the 150 scheme you got now for the epic boss, because you finally got that one right for the majority. It is challenging and rewarding once we reach faction and individual goals.

Thief
06-26-2014, 04:57 PM
After reading some comments from those who are supermen compared to me, I'd like to add something.

Perhaps a master's section could be added for top level players...similar to the Master's chain in Raid Boss. Make it 151 to 200 bosses and call it 'Jason Lives' (from the Friday the 13th movie series) or something like that. These guys want something challenging. Give it to them.

But don't mess with the 150 scheme you got now for the epic boss, because you finally got that one right for the majority. It is challenging and rewarding once we reach faction and individual goals.

Exactly what I was advocating but NOT more bosses.

Simply put there are now 2 wrapper prizes. So keep the first 120 where it is so that everyone can have the right to earn a wrapper and make 120-150 harder.

As it stands I think 150 bosses is already too many.

Bosses started out at 30
Then they went to 50
Then they Went to 100
Now they are at 150.

Simply put there are too many of them regardless of how easy they are. Its just too time consuming.

qwertyguy
06-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Let's face the fact that every event in MW is far too time consuming. Those that participate fully in everything can never get a break! ...not even for sleep.

Danger Mouse
06-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Let's face the fact that every event in MW is far too time consuming. Those that participate fully in everything can never get a break! ...not even for sleep.

Thats what they want - sleep deprived players make rash decisions..... another vault of gold? Yeah, why not?!?

Agent Orange
06-27-2014, 07:23 AM
I've heard many people argue that the Epic Boss is "too easy" and that it doesn't offer much of a challenge for players with higher stats.

I personally know players who completed the event without ever having to use more than 2 free hits, but I also know some who required a vault of gold in order to complete it.

So what's the general consensus?

Note: This is not a petition to have Gree raise the EB health, simply a poll to see what the people think. So please do say I'm complaining. :rolleyes:

Totally depends on your level and stats. Those parking minis in their main faction and bulking up will kill this event. Those long time players at a high level but middle of the road stats are hosed.

Arc Burn
06-27-2014, 07:42 AM
While I like a challenge as much as the next, I didnt have a problem with the health. The boss used to be a low xp event that took timers and dedication. Now it's massive xp and time. Sure I got my 150 fairly easily health wise, but the time involved was crazy! The first 100 could just go away as far as I'm concerned. It was just a matter of summoning them. I vote go back to 50 and change the faction reqs accordingly. The same challege/lack of challenge (for some) could be had over 50 bosses instead of 150. Those that had to spend gold still would, but it wouldn't be such a time suck. If it doesn't go to 50 PLEASE don't make it more difficult!