PDA

View Full Version : Decorations missing

jaxx
06-25-2014, 01:18 PM
loads of decorations not available in store, phonebox, various trees etc.
why? I was part way through some art and now have the **** i use is gone.

TRAZ
07-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Yes GREE. Bring back decorations that are missing and while you're at it put in more selections to choose from. I have masterpieces waiting!!!

Eddie Eagle Eye
07-12-2014, 04:30 PM
this is very disappointing !! Why would they a"gree " to a competition for best hood art that would subsequently be used for their advertising in Facebook and alike, then take away the decorations ! Good god man this is an outrage!
Hood art is great , brings a smile to everyone's face. I love coming across art in other hoods , inspires more .

Please fix this issue gree!!
EEE

TZora
07-13-2014, 09:32 AM
i see all the decorations in the store, what's missing? confused ..

TRAZ
07-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Garbage bags and fire hydrants are missing as a minimum.

Dipstik
07-13-2014, 03:09 PM
I can still buy fire hydrants. Didn't bother checking the rest of them.

TRAZ
07-14-2014, 05:51 AM
So the lame excuse is supposedly maxed out on that decoration. If that's the case GREE then get something else that can take the place of a black garbage bag or red fire hydrant or any other decoration in the store. Add various color small boxes or various colors of any of the decorations so when you run out of one decoration you can still complete hood art instead of having to cannibalize something else. Members have been asking for more decorations for years now.

Vile Lynn
07-14-2014, 09:10 AM
I thought it was something like that, Traz...
I have all of the decorations except for palm trees with one of my accounts; the sidewalks full of them. I guess I won't be filling up the new hood expansions with palms anymore.

It would have been nice if the forum mods made an announcement that decorations would become "limited" especially since they have hood art contests.

I love seeing the hood art, but it drags down my app when I go into those hoods... I have enough lag as it is.

Dipstik
07-14-2014, 10:00 AM
They didn't "become" limited, they've probably always been limited. Are you really griping about this?

Tadaaah
07-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Hey guys,

The teams are currently working on this. Could you tell us if this is iOS or Android?

Vile Lynn
07-14-2014, 12:27 PM
They didn't "become" limited, they've probably always been limited. Are you really griping about this?
well, something happened b/c players who have hood art in the works aren't seeing the decorations in the store anymore.
And no, not a gripe for me, but for hood art players, it's probably a pita.
I couldn't care less about decorations now that I've turned them all OFF. Love that!

Hey guys,
The teams are currently working on this. Could you tell us if this is iOS or Android?
All of my accts are on iOS.

Dipstik
07-14-2014, 01:05 PM
well, something happened b/c players who have hood art in the works aren't seeing the decorations in the store anymore.

Sort of like when you buy your second nightclub or 50th missile launcher they disappear from the store?

Vile Lynn
07-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Sort of like when you buy your second nightclub or 50th missile launcher they disappear from the store?
exactly.... but I don't think they had a 50 or 100k limit on decorations before... meh, who knows?

TRAZ
07-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Hey guys,

Tadaaah,

For me it's on iOS. Reference Request #1747047 and you can see the reply support gave. A workaround would be to have other decorations available.

Tadaaah
07-14-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks passing along the information.

Eddie Eagle Eye
07-14-2014, 07:18 PM
I am iOS Tadaaah , please help us :)
Your right traz , once reached limit you cannot purchase any more. I have lost most decorations from the store due to the amount of art in my hood . Meaning that I have to keep what I have got and painfully move it around like an art pallet lol.
This takes it even longer to make the art. (Sigh) . I don't see why there is an issue with making the decos unlimited as there are not many of us that make lots of art in their hoods , probably because of no patients or just don't care! Plus, if you don't like the art or it slows your device down then you can simply turn off the decorations.
But I really enjoy this aspect of the game , so it would be great if you could fix this Tadaaah ;-)
And yes Dippy we are going to gripe about this , you may not have the patients for it or even care about hood art but there are many that do . The decos only became limited last week for me btw
I think it's only free part of the game left to enjoy !! Roflol
Bring back unlimited decorations IMO
EEE

Dipstik
07-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Hey just because I lack your talent doesn't mean I don't care. I got my "no Indians" teepee and my Green Bay packers logo.

TZora
07-14-2014, 09:38 PM
well funny thing .. they've arranged settings to turn off the hood art/decorations. why are they taking away the decoration items now? w/e the problem was with loading decos is gone because of that setting. anyone who feels lag or has issues with decorations, can turn em off. i don't see a reason to remove decorations now. again, it's gree, perhaps they don't understand the popular saying, "if it ain't broke, ................."

complete it for me please :)

Eddie Eagle Eye
07-15-2014, 02:41 PM
This is my tickets and response from V at Gree so far on this issue :-

Hi V
Yes it looks like I have hit the limit for these decorations , however they were unlimited last week ?? Can you take the limiter off please ? I am one of a few people that enjoy making hood art for people . I get many requests from other players wanting me to make some art for them. It is hard enough to make something out of the limited types if decorations as it is .
Many of us that make hood art have been asking for years for more decorations and all of a sudden they are limited?? I have been playing for about 3.5 years and there has never been limits on decorations in my hood , as TZora said on the forum "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?94380-Decorations-missing/page2
It seems a bit odd that gree would have a hood art competition and use the winners art as advertising or promoting their product, then turn around and put limits on it? Sorry but that's a kick in the teeth really .
I understand that there might be concerns with lagging when visiting a hood with many decorations, but this feature can simply be turned off and on now , which rules that argument out.
So why would there be a limit V ? Please. Please please change it back :-)
EEE

On 15 Jul 2014, at 12:44 pm, GREE Player Support <en-support@gree.net> wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request #1750609) has been updated.

You can add a comment by replying to this email.

Viet, Jul 14 19:44:
Hello EEE

Thank you for contacting GREE support. Have you hit the limit for these decorations? You can only have 200 of each type of decoration in your base.

Regards,

V

Hi team gree
I am working on my hood decorations and noticed there are some decorations missing from the store like the mailbox ?? When will these be available again ?
Please don't take them away ! I was hoping you guys might add more if possible?
EEE
--------------------------------------------------

This email is a service from GREE International Inc..
Message-Id:TGVFRG1C_53c49585262db_7d03fa2b38b33381884284_s prut

Vile Lynn
07-15-2014, 02:50 PM
I hope they let players who do hood art bypass the 200 decoration limit.

200 per decoration is pretty generous, but was there any reason to limit decorations in the first place?
...seems like useless code to add after almost 3 years of play.

Always great to visit your hood, EEE! I'd turn on the decorations to see your hood. :)

Dipstik
07-15-2014, 02:53 PM
If the limit DID change recently, I wonder if it had something to do with the data usage issues they allegedly fixed recently.

Vile Lynn
07-15-2014, 03:03 PM
If the limit DID change recently, I wonder if it had something to do with the data usage issues they allegedly fixed recently.
oooo, that's possible. What is not possible is GREE ever telling us what's going on. If CCMark was still around, anything would be possible.

Tadaaah
07-15-2014, 03:11 PM
While there is currently a hard limit of 200 decorations, our teams are still looking into this for others that may be experiencing this.

Eddie Eagle Eye
07-16-2014, 02:31 AM
While there is currently a hard limit of 200 decorations, our teams are still looking into this for others that may be experiencing this.
Ok so your saying that there are others that aren't experiencing this??
Sounds like a fault that's easy to fix ! ;-) try click the unlimited button then ;-)

TRAZ
07-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Just contact everyone that did the hood art competition. That'll give you a starting pool. Picking 200 as a limit is just random and quite honestly not the truth. I have a lot more than 200 garbage bags in my hood so if a limit was in place as V supposedly says then it's just not true. I have a few pics I'll show as proof. Please just correct the issue so we can go back to building hood art. In the pic below the joker itself has more than 200 garbage bags in it.

http://i62.tinypic.com/33omb0k.jpg

Vile Lynn
07-16-2014, 03:11 PM
wow, TRAZ! that's awesome!!!

anyway you can download an older version of CC, like before they put in the limit? idk if that makes sense, but I heard of some doing that on Apple thru iTunes... or something.

Eddie Eagle Eye
07-16-2014, 07:49 PM
wow, TRAZ! that's awesome!!!

anyway you can download an older version of CC, like before they put in the limit? idk if that makes sense, but I heard of some doing that on Apple thru iTunes... or something.

Yes this is true VL but it is quite blurry , not quite the same IMO
Traz I'd have a thousand or more garbage bags btw lol

TRAZ
07-21-2014, 04:57 AM
Tadaaah,
Still looking for an update on this issue.

Eddie Eagle Eye
07-21-2014, 05:27 AM
Hey Traz just had this response to my ticket , sounds promising !
Maybe Tadaaah can pull some strings to help us out with making sure it's in the update?

Viet, Jul 20 14:08:
Hey EEE

Thank you for contacting GREE Support. Your message has been shared with the design team and they will consider removing the in-game decorations limit in an upcoming update.

Regards,

V

Tadaaah
07-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Hey Traz just had this response to my ticket , sounds promising !
Maybe Tadaaah can pull some strings to help us out with making sure it's in the update?

Viet, Jul 20 14:08:
Hey EEE

Thank you for contacting GREE Support. Your message has been shared with the design team and they will consider removing the in-game decorations limit in an upcoming update.

Regards,

V

Indeed, this has been passed along and they are looking at different options to help resolve this. Thanks for the patience on this matter.

Eddie Eagle Eye
07-22-2014, 04:33 AM
Response :-
Thankyou V
I have told some of the others that make art in their hoods that's there's a possibility the limits will be lifted we eagerly await this change . Btw I have thousands of decorations in my hood and don't seem to have any issues with the performance of the game . attached are a few I have made FYI with more than 200 of each decoration
EEE
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/EddieEagleEye/23fd5a5680bcd3757e1b9d65b81cbc90.jpghttp://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/EddieEagleEye/6393d75f313732b5b02ade2d5595e805.jpghttp://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/EddieEagleEye/0796a89d5c09bd0da712e580a299bcee.jpghttp://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/EddieEagleEye/33d7de8c3398e9ebf70a7e6c1e044019.jpghttp://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/EddieEagleEye/2ed8678775e9a3f45da7ff71947c24ae.jpg

Tadaaah
07-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Response :-

These are amazing! Kudos to your hood!

Dipstik
07-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Showoff! with EXTRAS and such!

Eddie Eagle Eye
07-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Showoff! with EXTRAS and such!

Lol you should take it as a challenge dippy !
Common mate sure there's some artistry behind that quick wit!

Dipstik
07-22-2014, 08:33 PM
My three year old asked me to draw piglet once. My wife thought she did it.

Eddie Eagle Eye
07-23-2014, 05:39 AM
My three year old asked me to draw piglet once. My wife thought she did it.

Roflol now do a piglet in your hood Mr!

James_Slade
07-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Perhaps Gree sold them to walmart?

Slade
We are TSF, syndicate 294728385, Top 500 team seeks active players,

TRAZ
07-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Still no decoration limit lift on the last update. Any idea when we can look forward to this fix Tadaaah?

Tadaaah
07-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Still no decoration limit lift on the last update. Any idea when we can look forward to this fix Tadaaah?

No updates for an exact date yet.

Eddie Eagle Eye
08-07-2014, 01:17 PM
No updates for an exact date yet.

How about now??
V said there was a meeting about this issue, this week , what was the outcome Tadaaah ?

jaxx
08-10-2014, 09:11 AM
it will be ages before it is sorted, like everything gree does if it doesn't make them money they couldn't give a sh!t. and when they do make money, they find a way of making sure it pisses off a whole bunch of people. all I can say is thanks iTunes refund, and can't believe so many still play this game!

this guys hood sums it up well.

http://i62.tinypic.com/14eamv5.png

http://i58.tinypic.com/30aurl1.png