PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather have prize lists with a chance of errors, or no list at all?

Mikethegreat88
06-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Gree seems convinced that most players would rather not have a prize list for events in advance if there is a chance that there might be an error. Currently the only way to get a prize list is to wait a few hours or days until someone else posts the information on the forum, by either finishing the event or seeing the unreliable splash screens. The obvious solution would be to not make errors. But since that's not an option, what would you prefer?

Would you rather Gree...

provide a prize list, knowing that there could be a mistake in it.

provide no information.

reesiepuff
06-24-2014, 06:52 PM
they dont wana put out prize lists cause then people will realize the event isnt worth it and wont start, since people usually start before they realize it might be to much experience then what its worth, but by then they made it so far they are almost obliged to use gold to finish if they are a gold user

LarryJackson
06-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Actually, I don't ever remember the prize data being wrong
and I would know since I do the main walk-through w/ prizes.

But they kept messing up the start and end dates,
which caused problems when you had to have something done by a specific time.

Danger Mouse
06-24-2014, 07:25 PM
They don't want to put out a prize list, because by the time they decide to change the prizes or catch some error, some keener will have dumped a couple of vaults of gold to complete it and will then complain long and loud about the advertised prizes that they didn't get.

Mikethegreat88
06-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Their rationale that they don't want to give wrong information is ridiculous since most of the wrong information is actually on the splash screens and mission calendar. In fact, right now the countdown clock says 19 days to WD, while the calendar says it starts in 10 days. And of course there's all the confusion with the splash screen declaring some prizes as x10, when in reality only some of them may or may not be x10. When lists were posted on the forum, they were actually the most accurate information we got.

Danger Mouse
06-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Anyway, why should there be an error? Gree carefully plan each release well in advance and have figured it all out well before it goes up on the boards. Right? :rolleyes:

Rolinz
06-24-2014, 10:28 PM
They don't want to put out a prize list, because by the time they decide to change the prizes or catch some error, some keener will have dumped a couple of vaults of gold to complete it and will then complain long and loud about the advertised prizes that they didn't get.

I completely agree with you on this one. They avoid putting out the prize list because they will never get it right. There does not seem to be any quality controls with this game because if they were so good at quality controls, there would be less typos and errors in prizes shown in splash screens and i am starting to take picture of every single pop-ups now to just verify it is not changing. because i swear i have seen them change from one prize to another and then back to the original.

quality control is about checking the code and work before it goes to production or before it gets pushed out to the next client update.

it is a good thing Gree is not a pharmaceutical manufacturer. imagine the results.

Shrinko
06-24-2014, 10:38 PM
They don't care about what we think or say. The real reason that they don't want to release lists of rewards is because rewards have been too low and people reduced their participation when they knew what rewards were. The only rewards in ltqs/fltq and most other events that make sense are the end units and wrappers. If you don't finish an event, rewards are too low to waste time, effort and especially gold. When gree was releasing lists of rewards people saw how low the rewards were and imidiately there were several threads with uproar. Now, nobody knows what rewards are until you get them and even when you get mid level rewards, most people don't check them since they are lost in thousands of units that we have. Their bs about not being able to produce accurate info is just another lie.

Oceanz
06-24-2014, 10:39 PM
I think I'm going to skip doing my taxes this year. After all, if there is a chance of an error, it's better to just not file a return at all.

PRY
06-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Yes it is crazy not have prize lists. Loved when they came out never complained. Larry I love your efforts but I don't see stats for all of LTQ. Also no clue stats for Epic Boss Prizes. With toolkit not able to update it would be nice to see what we are getting because I no longer am. Not dropping gold if I don't know what I am paying for. Nobody goes to store and gives them money for a item they don't what it is. So this is just illogical

ElMacho
06-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Honestly I'd rather just have the milestones and a working tool kit. Then in the walk through Larry an Danimal can easily have accurate information.

Rickdee
06-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Do you know how dumb Gree sounds by saying they cant produce a list of awards because there might be an error made? Just making sure because that is one of the dumbest things i have heard in awhile.. LOL

B.Mick
06-25-2014, 12:48 PM
I would be happy only knowing the final reward and wrapper prizes for everything (beginners, normal, prestige, and masters). The in-between units I couldn't care less about. This shouldn't take that much time at all.

HenryVIII
06-25-2014, 01:07 PM
I would be happy only knowing the final reward and wrapper prizes for everything (beginners, normal, prestige, and masters). The in-between units I could care less about. This shouldn't take that much time at all.

You COULDN'T care less... Saying you could care less actually states you DO care about the prizes in between.

Mikethegreat88
06-25-2014, 02:32 PM
*Beat me TO it. Sorry. I had to.

Tony81
06-26-2014, 08:41 AM
You COULDN'T care less... Saying you could care less actually states you DO care about the prizes in between.

Maybe he does actually care some. I have no idea what amount that may be though.

Jrich
06-26-2014, 12:32 PM
I would be happy only knowing the final reward and wrapper prizes for everything (beginners, normal, prestige, and masters). The in-between units I couldn't care less about. This shouldn't take that much time at all.

Agreed! The final event reward and associated wrapper are all known before the event goes live. It shouldn't be too hard to deliver us this info on an in-game splash screen that appears the first time you login after the event starts. Currently that isn't the case. I didn't see a Epic Boss reward splash screen til day 2 or 3 despite *MANY* relogin attempts. I still never saw the final wrapper splash screen. Everyone should know what the goal is and the forum mods don't get blasted for posting goal chain info that isn't accurate.