PDA

View Full Version : Whats being done about players with units they shouldn't have

Pidgeot
06-24-2014, 04:35 PM
I still see players with units from the higher ranks and many copies of them. I thought this was going to be fixed. This is making a huge difference in raid-able matchups as well as WD.

sstuutss
06-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Wasn't at least some of that 'a gree issue'?

Tardavic
06-24-2014, 04:52 PM
We are aware of additional of these "valor" units in players' inventories, and having to go in individually as we receive these reports and remove them.

We are doing the best we can to address this matter, and we do appreciate you reporting this.

Speed ump
06-24-2014, 07:18 PM
I have sent in six requests on one of my games, and had our team report, also other teams. Nothing yet, they're still there.

2000y2k
06-24-2014, 07:30 PM
I sent a request to fix my account a few hours ago and had someone (human) respond in 25 minutes. It's not corrected yet but fastest real reply I've ever had.

Oceanz
06-24-2014, 07:37 PM
I don't think the high rank valor units are that huge of a deal. The way I look at it, the players still had to spend their valor on those units instead of other units. They were unlocked when they shouldn't have been, but the players still had to have the valor to spend. It would be different if the units were at a reduced price or something.

I used to buy Elite Water Cruisers from other players' inventory before I was a colonel long ago, but those units are relatively worthless nowadays, and in hindsight I wish I had saved up for a bunch of newer units.

Pidgeot
06-24-2014, 07:54 PM
I don't think the high rank valor units are that huge of a deal. The way I look at it, the players still had to spend their valor on those units instead of other units. They were unlocked when they shouldn't have been, but the players still had to have the valor to spend. It would be different if the units were at a reduced price or something.

I used to buy Elite Water Cruisers from other players' inventory before I was a colonel long ago, but those units are relatively worthless nowadays, and in hindsight I wish I had saved up for a bunch of newer units.

Just be cause you have the money (real and GREE), valor and or gold does not mean you can buy these thing because they are supposed to be earned. a glitch is a glitch and it needs to be fixed.

Oceanz
06-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Just be cause you have the money (real and GREE), valor and or gold does not mean you can buy these thing because they are supposed to be earned. a glitch is a glitch and it needs to be fixed.

The glitch is fixed. If you see one of those units in someone's inventory and buy it now, it gets immediately removed, and your valor gets immediately refunded.

If they were to go into a player's inventory and remove one of the high rank valor units, I would expect them to credit the player with the valor it cost them to buy those units.

It's not the players's fault if they go to the store and buy a unit that's available to be bought without them doing anything special other than upgrading to a new version of Modern War

{Kill Joy}
06-24-2014, 09:03 PM
I'll be the first to admit it openly. I have a few of these units I shouldn't have. Reported myself more than once to have them removed and the valor NOT refunded. All tickets were immediately closed.

Donkey
06-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Apparently the leader of the "top" faction, you know the one that rhymes with pup, still has three of those red planes...

jgmecarter
06-24-2014, 09:45 PM
What is gree going to do about all the people that are buying gold from hackers at a discounted price? It sucks that people was getting units that they should not be getting but it socks even more that people are getting gold for 20-30 a vault when most of us are spending 80-100 a vault. And yes top 10 factions are doing this. And gree could care less

Dreson7
06-24-2014, 10:08 PM
You cant forget about the hacked factions. They're every where. Heck, I can list 5 of them off the top of my head. Most of us have to work our butts off to pay for those expensive faction bonuses. It's not fair to see others take the shortcut and get their maxed haction. While we work hard to pay for the bonuses

Maz
06-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Hey guys, for the valor unit glitch, yes this has been fixed and we are removing these items and refunding the valor!!

We apologize that if this has caused any frustration!

Found here - http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?91148-Valour-Units-Glitch

This is what's "being done". I believe it was also mentioned in cj's stickies thread on the recent glitch concern.

There's still a TON of players in game with these units tho and even after several reports. I know they aren't banning players and just refunding the valor but this should really be a quick fix. It's not difficult to run a check for the unit then match the rank and if it doesn't match, remove and refund.

Oceanz
06-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Found here - http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?91148-Valour-Units-Glitch

This is what's "being done". I believe it was also mentioned in cj's stickies thread on the recent glitch concern.

There's still a TON of players in game with these units tho and even after several reports. I know they aren't banning players and just refunding the valor but this should really be a quick fix. It's not difficult to run a check for the unit then match the rank and if it doesn't match, remove and refund.

It seems it would be an easy SQL query assuming that's how they have their player database setup. But they're probably too busy lighting Cuban cigars with $100 bills.

Speed ump
06-25-2014, 08:44 AM
I got my units right after they first did an uprade, on one of my three main accounts, and bought some valor units. I always went to air the last one that it would allow me to buy. After three, my valor was all gone, and I thought, wht is going on. Then I saw what the units were, and realized they were the dragon ones. I looked at my rank and the units it was showing there were the older, very low value ones. I restarted my game, and those units were now locked. I determined it was some new glitch, so I reported immediately. I may have been ine of the first ones to find the glitch. I still am waiting for gree to remove them. The only response I got was the first ticket I sent, something about they don't refund for old units. They obviously didn't bother to read what I sent, and just pasted in one of their canned responses. I have received zero response to my next five tickets.

goober
06-25-2014, 12:22 PM
I still see players with units from the higher ranks and many copies of them. I thought this was going to be fixed. This is making a huge difference in raid-able matchups as well as WD.
Pidgeot - Personally I would prefer the refund of my 1,000,000 valor for the dragon commander plane. At 600K/600K it's much worse than the 980K/840K I would have gotten for buying 28 Tech F2 Lightning with the same 1M valor. Or the 1.16M/996K I would have gotten using that valor as part of buying a 50-pack of Tech F2s.

The big a** plane looks cool - but it was actually a really bad use of 1M valor. Oh well.

Now, maybe if you are looking to raid players who have already maxed out 3,000 units with Growlers I can see how having access to the top units would make a difference. But it sure wouldn't make much difference, since if you had 3,000 Growlers, each dragon plane is worth about 20 extra Growlers - or just 0.7%

Not the "huge difference" you describe in your original post.

Pidgeot
06-25-2014, 01:29 PM
It does make a huge difference when most players dont have hundreds of millions if stats, when you get raided by players who can only raid you because they have 2+ of each unit awarded to top ranked players. Its not fair to be losing to players who should not have them and based on what boost those players have, each 600k jet they have could be worth millions.

Also, stop down rating threads, its annoying.

jgmecarter
06-25-2014, 01:37 PM
A lot of people are getting Valor and gold units the same way they are getting cheap gold. They send there account to a guy and he adds what ever units they want. He was adding buildings for people as well. I have informed gree about it but of course nothing has been done about it.

I Am Legend
06-25-2014, 01:40 PM
The answer to you question is nothing. SO shh and keep spending those $$$

superAfro
06-26-2014, 12:36 PM
We are aware of additional of these "valor" units in players' inventories, and having to go in individually as we receive these reports and remove them.

We are doing the best we can to address this matter, and we do appreciate you reporting this.

Tardavic in all due respect these players are running wild with the units. I have reported three alone going back to mid May they STILL have the units as of today and I see more today. the players I reported are as followed:

ACE level 231 (at the last WD) has 2
Jackson level 264 (at the last WD) has 1
Alex level 300 (at the last WD) has 1
Mr. Freeze level 300 (at the last WD) has 3

It is hard to accept the response "your going through the reports" when the reports are falling on deaf ears. I can provide the numerous tickets numbers sent to Gree in May if you private message me. I provided to Gree level, rank, nation, name, and amount of illegal planes. The response from gree I got was: I needed to provide the Ally code so they could look up the alleged player.

sstuutss
06-26-2014, 04:50 PM
another example of grees well thought out setup. Do you want then to ban all 300lvl alex's? So send a report.... but the reports are a waste of time because they cant find the player from the report lol