PDA

View Full Version : Why are you still playing this game?

Spazer
06-24-2014, 12:31 PM
It seems that many players have left this game due to high price of playing it or due to bad quality of the game such as the stats inflation. I was wondering why some people still want to continue to play this game dispite it's bad customer care, many game problem and many more. Why are you still playing this game? Share your reason.
I'm still playing this game because I'm in a great faction with awesome people. They make me feel like I'm part of the team unlike other factions.
Come up with ur own reason! Don't just copy mine!

Mastert55!
06-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Because I get to help people complete events and now most regular boss events are easy to complete.

Kennetth
06-24-2014, 12:48 PM
The support I get from my faction members through thick and thin really helps. Also I always have the itch to go up the PvP rankings. I am addicted as it were to the concept of working my way up, then being able to eventually buy incredible indestructible units that come with completing the top rank. I should be a 1st major by tomorrow :p

ckos2
06-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Every time I try to quit...the shakes...the headaches...the emesis... ;p

Actually, for almost a year now, instead of quitting, I decided to redirect my goals to building my income (LTB's are the only event I do), and directing all my money to LLP/bottom factions to help them max out their bonus'.

It's a long, slow, process, but once I max their bonus' out, I'll move onto another faction in need.

The gift of giving!

SevenO9
06-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Because, unlike other games where you need time, commitment and skill, in MW I can wave my credit card and feel much stronger.

TylerRocksWisconsin
06-24-2014, 01:12 PM
I play for my team. If it wasn't for them, I would've left eons ago and started playing Ball and Cup.

Tee
06-24-2014, 01:16 PM
ckos2. wtg man, awesome!

Rowe1985
06-24-2014, 01:25 PM
I play for the faction and more importantly I play for free.

I have happy with my level and we complete most events through team work and thats what matters.When playing like that its a relatively simple and not time consuming, other than chatting to buddies.

stephen2013
06-24-2014, 01:51 PM
I play for the faction and more importantly I play for free.

I have happy with my level and we complete most events through team work and thats what matters.When playing like that its a relatively simple and not time consuming, other than chatting to buddies.

This is exactly how I am. The only time I'm really glued to my device is during boss events (like this one, that I can finish). Other than that, I'll drop in to collect buildings, chat for a few, get my LTQ or WD hits in, etc.

Playing for free is great, and I will never spend a dime on this game. My personal life always takes precedence over this game, and that's the way it should be.

David Steelman
06-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Because, unlike other games where you need time, commitment and skill, in MW I can wave my credit card and feel much stronger.

Ha ha ha, very honest answer.

Danger Mouse
06-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Because once I decided to stop being part of a faction and succumbing to all that peer pressure to spend more on pixels, and decided to form my own one man band, I found the game became a challenge again as I try to build my base and faction both. Also, 2-3 orders of magnitude LESS gold spend meant my care factor for whatever gree foulup came barrelling down the pipeline next also decreased by several orders of magnitude. Stats inflation only counts as an issue if you participate in events spending gold where stats count. Otherwise, its just farmville with guns, and should be treated with the same degree of seriousness :)

krabbie
06-25-2014, 01:52 AM
I also kept playing the crappy game for the sake of my faction for a long time, but retired from MW two weeks ago amd I must say it feels great! Time for my personal and professional life again and no timers going off in my head, pressure to always be online, ... Life is truly better without MW!

sstuutss
06-25-2014, 03:12 AM
I play so I know whats going on in the forum.... which is where the fun is in this game.
I mostly just build iph and spend it on def as I am DL of a little faction.
Playing for free means I'm doing my bit to spend all of gree's money.

Lift Ticket
06-25-2014, 06:06 AM
Why are you still playing this game?

I have no clue....the game just opens up on my phone for no reason, it's like it's possessed!!

....and I like to push buttons when I get bored!!

Evil Mastermind
06-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Because I enjoy spending 18 hours a day staring at a phone.

1GaDawg85
06-26-2014, 06:29 AM
I enjoy constantly tapping on my devices

HenryVIII
06-26-2014, 06:52 AM
Because chicks dig guys with big E-Peen.

Max Power
06-26-2014, 07:09 AM
Because once I decided to stop being part of a faction and succumbing to all that peer pressure to spend more on pixels, and decided to form my own one man band, I found the game became a challenge again as I try to build my base and faction both. Also, 2-3 orders of magnitude LESS gold spend meant my care factor for whatever gree foulup came barrelling down the pipeline next also decreased by several orders of magnitude. Stats inflation only counts as an issue if you participate in events spending gold where stats count. Otherwise, its just farmville with guns, and should be treated with the same degree of seriousness :)

This is exactly where I am with most Gree games. Spending money on this stuff is folly, and while faction mates are great and all, there is a peer pressure there that counters that, and I will not spend money to avoid letting pixel friends down.

You always see in these polls that people say they stay because of all the close friends they have made, but lets face it, none of these people are coming to your wedding. Hell, most times you don't know their real name. I guess that's the 2014 definition of close, but it's not for me.

I now play in a manner where I do LTQs on my own, have no peer pressure, and build my base. It's a limited level of commitment that requires limited emotional and financial participation, kinda like games should be. They are not real life, and real life provides plenty of that.