PDA

View Full Version : Is Alex the most poular name in Crime City?

Simon.
06-24-2014, 02:52 AM
Seriously, is Alex the most popular name in CC?
Are people really that lazy they can't be assed to change the base Avatar name or look when creating a new account?

I vote the default Male Avatar name should be changed to Phil McKrakken and the Female to Hooty McBoob!

Captain Torgue
06-24-2014, 03:24 AM
Are people really that lazy they can't be assed to change the base Avatar name or look when creating a new account?

If your user name contains profanity, racism or offensive language then Gree will change your name to Alex.

cynicalmofo
06-24-2014, 04:11 AM

I vote the default Male Avatar name should be changed to Phil McKrakken and the Female to Hooty McBoob!

It also gives people a false sense of being hidden... My rivals list has 2 or 3 Alex's most of the time

Gungho
06-24-2014, 07:07 AM
If your user name contains profanity, racism or offensive language then Gree will change your name to Alex.

Still quite a lot of players with naughty names spelled a little odd goes through the Alex filter. I´m not going to mention any here, but a lot of moms and dads would be more disgusted then happy if they saw them.

Vile Lynn
06-24-2014, 08:15 AM
I like to attack and rob the Alex's and the ones with profane names.
If they think they are hiding behind a name, they're not too bright... and usually pretty weak.

Yes, OP, Alex is the default name in all of the GREE apps.

Tadaaah
06-24-2014, 09:58 AM
There is actually an inside joke about why the default is "Alex". He apparently worked here at one time.

Simon.
06-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Yes, I must admit, when selecting targets to rob or attack, the Name is what usually makes the decision for me more so than level - "King of Crime City" or "I'm the Best"..... Nah, you're going down bro!

Keapa
06-24-2014, 06:28 PM
I became Alex overnight, I am sure it couldn't have been because my name was SIMILAR to but not an exact copy of someone else's name

Also congratulations to Grim on his defensive win total.

Dipstik
06-24-2014, 06:35 PM
I know people who've been banned for that. Check yer privilege.

Simon.
06-24-2014, 06:42 PM
I became Alex overnight, I am sure it couldn't have been because my name was SIMILAR to but not an exact copy of someone else's name

I did mention somewhere there was one to many A's in Tadaaaah :)

Keapa
06-24-2014, 06:51 PM
I know people who've been banned for that. Check yer privilege.

Gree has stated they can't do anything if one player copies another person.

Thank goodness I wasn't the Gree CEO, that name was exact

Keapa
06-24-2014, 06:52 PM
I did mention somewhere there was one to many A's in Tadaaaah :)

You did, how many aaaaaaaa's should have been used?

Dipstik
06-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Impersonating a mod is what they called it.

Keapa
06-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Impersonating a mod is what they called it.

I prefer to say that it was: showing that Gree does care when someone imitates another and that they can change a players name if they so desire.

If an Alex did work at Gree. Then changing the name to Alex is doing the very same thing

Dipstik
06-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Yeah cause that's totally the same thing

Tracey Rutroh
09-10-2014, 06:07 AM
Ha, I always thought "Alex" was a way to remain in stealth mode. So many Alex's that you'd never know if it's one that you'd want to rehit over and over. It's nice to know there's a real reason behind it ;)

Captain Torgue
09-11-2014, 04:42 AM
Ha, I always thought "Alex" was a way to remain in stealth mode. So many Alex's that you'd never know if it's one that you'd want to rehit over and over. It's nice to know there's a real reason behind it ;)

Epic necro broseph.