PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up after 100, bad idea?

MitDac
06-23-2014, 11:48 PM
Hi all,

I've put this question into the general thread, and got some useful answers. However, I want to be absolutely sure and need more opinion, possibly something official?

Basically, as I level up, to about 550 now, I encounter much tougher opponents, much more frequently, most of the time now. Winning in Arena mode is really difficult now.

That's not all. My guild is also meeting much stronger guild now. I know that we are matched up against guilds that earn similar number of points. However, out of all the guilds that have similar points, we always seem to meet the strongest team, and this frustrate us as we Vs guild that has all epic and above, guild that have members fight more than 50 battles per war!

Even when I defeat very strong Sentinel and Master, I only receive around 300 points, which hardly worth the effort.

We don't have many gems, and limited number of members, and this is frustrating as we feel like meeting the dead end!

What should I do now? Because of me, my guild can't progress. Most members have level around 100 and below, and it is not fair for them to loose most of the time!

I farm 3 star amours and leveling up cannot be avoided. Even if I stop farming now, it maybe too late for my guild.

We should be encouraged for getting stronger, work harder, but instead, getting punished.

Any advice would be highly appreciated!!

Cheers,

Hopeless82
06-24-2014, 12:36 AM
I'm only Lvl-345, so not as high as your 550, but our guild does get matched up with Top25/50 Guilds such as "The D", "Holy Hot Mess", etc... We just take it on the chin and soldier on. Win some, lose some. Most of our members are free-players, so we set pretty realistic goals and work towards them.

You haven't mentioned yet what your Guild's goal is in a war, but generally speaking, if you intend to push for Ribbon C and above, some gemming will be required (that, or a LOT of free time amongst your members).

Above Lvl-100, level differences become meaningless. A Lvl-1000 player in a, say Tectonic, hits as hard as a Lvl-125 player. Assuming both are of the same rank, and have the same Guild Elemental Bonuses. Both will also die horribly to a guy wearing the Cyclops Battlegear+.

Points received from defeating an enemy GM will also vary wildly as there is a significant range of values for the base score. Assuming the enemy GM is Lvl-100+ (there is only a point penalty if the target is below Lvl-100, and the attacker is higher level than him), the range of the base score is 170-330.

So assuming a victory, you can end up with a score ranging from 285-525, plus 20% if during a Frenzy.

If you want your Guild to perform better, then start taking steps to get better. Your Guild is also behind on two things.

1) Members below Lvl-100
2) Inferior Armors

That's an issue with your guild, not the game. If you want to get better rewards, then your Guild needs to get better.

As for Arena, one free tip. Don't fight the top two options.

Cheers.

Rookeye
06-24-2014, 04:36 AM
...If you want your Guild to perform better, then start taking steps to get better. Your Guild is also behind on two things.

1) Members below Lvl-100
2) Inferior Armors

That's an issue with your guild, not the game. If you want to get better rewards, then your Guild needs to get better...

Meaning, his guild should NOT have players below Lvl 100, and that they need better armors than they currently have? Just making absolutely sure what you meant. :)

Kangaroeland
06-24-2014, 05:30 AM
I feel like since i passed lvl 200 my arena opponents have become tougher and i get way less points for the same targets in guild war as our level 90-150 guys.

Rookeye
06-24-2014, 06:48 AM
I feel like since i passed lvl 200 my arena opponents have become tougher and i get way less points for the same targets in guild war as our level 90-150 guys.

Out of sheer curiosity, what is the spread of levels in your alliance? Highest and lowest levels? % of players above and below Lvl 100?

We're still new, so our highest is Lvl 89, lowest 44. I expect these figures to fluctuate greatly as we continue to grow and take on new players. :)

B Legit
06-24-2014, 08:12 AM

What is your position in your guild? I am usually an hc, but was Sent last war as our usual sent went for a top 10 run. I sometimes keep track of points to figure out how to best use my gems in wars. As a sent, I averaged about 210 per gm win before bonus, while as an hc I averaged around 250 per gm win before bonus. I do not think your level has anything to do with your points per win, unless you're level <100.

Twh21702
06-24-2014, 08:20 AM
legit, I am in the guild with rookeye, Rookeye is an HC, and I am also an HC. I am getting close to level 100. I am reading and from what everyone is saying should I stop short of 100 and wait for other to catch me, or if we bring on lower level players into our guild, can I keep going but maybe at a slower rate and match their rate of growth? We are trying to work all of this out for the better of the guild.

Yongsan
06-24-2014, 08:28 AM
I don't believe level impacts the guilds you face, the points you get, your arena match-ups.
Level 100 & onwards will be the exact same in terms of those things to my knowledge. A level 1000 player should get the same tier of arena matches as the level 100 player.
My guess is that the harder arena matchups and such is a factor of your own armors improving,
the guild matchups the growth of your guild; I think guilds match based on similar declare times and guild level, element bonuses. I may be wrong on this.
As for war points, all the same, again, but you do get lower points for farming a below level 100 member when you are over level 100. We brought in a friend of one of our members since we had a spot anyway before war who was level 34, and everytime our opponents found & farmed him, it wasn't a big deal since the points given up weren't much at all. The points themselves are random though in terms of the base points you get from beating someone. I could get say 184 on one win, then on the same target I could get 330 on the next. The only steady thing is that HC, GC, GS give 20% extra as officer bonus on top of the base points, and GM's give 50% extra. And of course, all targets give 10 extra points for each knight they had in their lineup- so 10 points if they had one knight in their lineup, 30 if all 3 are there.
I am level 486 and did not really experience any of the mentioned problems :/

As to what Rookeye asked, when our guild first started 6 months ago we had a bunch of low levels including myself as I was level 67. I believe most guilds become predominantly level100 and above for members as they grow. Everyone in our guild is above 100 but we will accept active applicants that have not played for very long that are below 100, so I guess that depends on the guild.

They really do need to give more incentive to leveling though. 1 gem, 1 gold key, or 25000 gold is not enough compensation nor incentive for continued activity in the game, on top of the already-boring map. Actually, I had initially thought that was what this thread would be about, not guild & arena matchups and such.

B Legit
06-24-2014, 08:31 AM
legit, I am in the guild with rookeye, Rookeye is an HC, and I am also an HC. I am getting close to level 100. I am reading and from what everyone is saying should I stop short of 100 and wait for other to catch me, or if we bring on lower level players into our guild, can I keep going but maybe at a slower rate and match their rate of growth? We are trying to work all of this out for the better of the guild.

IMO, get to level 100 ASAP and encourage the others to do the same. Don't slow down your growth. Having ONE member over lvl 100 will not change much, if anything, especially because if I remember correctly, you are a newer guild, likely still lower leveled? So you do not have to worry about pairing up with any of the big boys in war.

The stronger you are, the more you can do in war to help the lower level members out, so keep pushing is my advice :)

Twh21702
06-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Yongsan & B Legit, thanks to both of you for your replies. I just wanted to make sure my high level was not punishing our guild. Like Rookeye said we had a lot of battles this last war where everyone was very hard to the point none of us could consistently win.

MitDac
06-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Thanks all for your opinions! If it is totally random in term of match up, that's fine. I'm happy to face random opponents that have similar points. However, from the time of having zero point to when the war finished, I face all strong opponents. Killing GM with stronger stats than me (I win by rearranging my line up), giving me only 300 points.

Same with Arena, from the very beginning, I face opponents with all epics. And no, I don't go revenge on the guys already beat me.

Maybe I just have to accept it as random bad luck.

So, should I still farming 3 stars materials, and having leveling up as a side effect?

Thanks!

Rookeye
06-24-2014, 05:07 PM
Do you ever pay attention to the players' "crossed swords" and rank, in Arena?

I mean, the higher the Crossed Sword #, the more often that player fights (and forgive me, but new players and inexperienced players will not have a high number here)...however the lower the Rank (say, 5,000 rather than 38,000) indicates they are successful, and prolly powerful players.

If you're trying to get an easy 3-peat for the helmet reward, try "higher" ranked players, as high as you can find (think "50,000"), while avoiding high-level crossed sword numbers. If you can't find any that fit this description, try those with a rank of "0", which means they've not been battling yet, and have no rank. A cra pshoot, but usually gives me a decent or easy match.

MitDac
06-25-2014, 12:18 AM
Hi Rookeye, yes I did pay attention to those.

Do you match up to any players under level 100 anymore?

BL(REBEL ACE)
06-25-2014, 12:32 AM
I found out that the higher level you are, the more points you give the opponent that is able to defeat you. When I fight low level players.like level 40+(new guild so we face opponents that are lower on level) the points I get was very less. When I go back into a guild where we faces opponent thats are high in levels, I am able to get like 400+ points from them. So levelling up too much isnt good. I stopped levelling up at level 140+
*NOTE:This has nothing to do with GUILDS LEVEL

MitDac
06-25-2014, 01:18 AM
Thanks BL. I still got mixed advice. Some says it's bad, others say doesn't matter. Would there be any Gree personel to answer this question? For now, I still put my 3 stars materials farming on-hold.

Twh21702
06-25-2014, 02:29 AM
MitDac, I have only been playing for about 3 weeks now, but I read the forum a lot and I had a real good teacher (nods to rookeye). Here is my take on both this thread and some advice I have gotten from others. Leveling up as a player is a good thing, keep going. Yes you will have harder battles but overall you will continue to gain more for both yourself and your guild. Now the wildcard is the guild. If you do grow and your guild level goes up if there are others in your guild in the 3 high positions that are not growing and you have passed them by to much, that can set up battles where the other team will get lots of points off of those positions. So keep move and growing is what I've been told. Just my 2 cents

B Legit
06-25-2014, 10:07 AM
MitDac, I have only been playing for about 3 weeks now, but I read the forum a lot and I had a real good teacher (nods to rookeye). Here is my take on both this thread and some advice I have gotten from others. Leveling up as a player is a good thing, keep going. Yes you will have harder battles but overall you will continue to gain more for both yourself and your guild. Now the wildcard is the guild. If you do grow and your guild level goes up if there are others in your guild in the 3 high positions that are not growing and you have passed them by to much, that can set up battles where the other team will get lots of points off of those positions. So keep move and growing is what I've been told. Just my 2 cents

Ok, I'm a seasoned vet in the top 25, DO NOT STOP LEVELING....EVER. Enough said, all of this crazy reasoning behind not leveling is RIDICULOUS. Yes, you give more pts in wars at higher levels, DUH. What game have you ever heard of that rewards you for beating up on easy opponents?? Also, yes you may give higher points out, but how do you ever expect to beat these people that you say are "so strong" if you don't get stronger??

Once you hit level 100, you enter a new tier in the arena where you face only lvl 100+ ppl, yes it will be a struggle at first, but just get your lineup stronger and you'll be fine.

Rookeye
06-25-2014, 11:15 AM
I learn from the Unicorn peeps and a few others. When B talks, I'd listen. :)

*waves to B Legit*

Yongsan
06-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Ok, I'm a seasoned vet in the top 25, DO NOT STOP LEVELING....EVER. Enough said, all of this crazy reasoning behind not leveling is RIDICULOUS. Yes, you give more pts in wars at higher levels, DUH. What game have you ever heard of that rewards you for beating up on easy opponents?? Also, yes you may give higher points out, but how do you ever expect to beat these people that you say are "so strong" if you don't get stronger??

Once you hit level 100, you enter a new tier in the arena where you face only lvl 100+ ppl, yes it will be a struggle at first, but just get your lineup stronger and you'll be fine.

I seem to agree with you everywhere B Legit lol.
Once again.. Level 100 & above are all the same. Level 500 is no different than Level 100.
One thing against leveling is that it's tedious as heck, but you do get free stuff along the way.
I'd say I've earned at least 100 free gems from leveling compared to people that stop once they reach 100.
I'm 488 now and am trying for 1000... eventually

Rookeye
06-25-2014, 11:39 AM
I know I fight people in the arena wearing the same armor: One guy goes down like melted butter, the other guy is like smacking into a brick wall...

Guess which one kept leveling up? ;)

Kangaroeland
06-25-2014, 11:40 AM
You do give better points
You probably get less points in war
You face stronger opponents

So it might be worth it to stop leveling if guild war is your main focus

Rookeye
06-25-2014, 11:42 AM
One point: You prolly cut through the enemy's Sentinel like Swiss cheese...opening the field up to all your other teammates to do damage. War isn't a solo-sport, it's a team exercise...and lower-level teammates can't do jack until the Sentinel is down.

EljayK
06-25-2014, 12:57 PM
One point: You prolly cut through the enemy's Sentinel like Swiss cheese...opening the field up to all your other teammates to do damage. War isn't a solo-sport, it's a team exercise...and lower-level teammates can't do jack until the Sentinel is down.

There's no reason someone who is level 500 is any better at taking on a sentinel than someone who is level 101.

It's about armor. Stats don't change. That benefit is moot.

Rookeye
06-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Not moot when you're not #100 yet! ;)

MitDac
06-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Guys, thanks again!

Leveling up is not my objective, it is simply side effects from farming materials. With more material, it gives me more options, to choose my line up, giving me more chance.

However, if I'm level 10 000, and have no epic plus, there's no way I can beat a guy at level 100 and have 3 epic plus!

I'm not complaining, only trying to find out how things works.

I don't mind facing strong opponents, but it doesn't seem fair for my guild team mate to keep facing opponents they can't beat, all because of me.

MitDac
06-26-2014, 12:05 AM
I seem to agree with you everywhere B Legit lol.
Once again.. Level 100 & above are all the same. Level 500 is no different than Level 100.
One thing against leveling is that it's tedious as heck, but you do get free stuff along the way.
I'd say I've earned at least 100 free gems from leveling compared to people that stop once they reach 100.
I'm 488 now and am trying for 1000... eventually

I agree with you, it is tedious, but if that's the only way to earn 3 stars material to level up amours, then I'll just do it. However, seems like half says leveling up makes no difference if you are over 100 in level, but the other half says it gives bad result for the guild, so I still have not decided.

To farm, or not to farm?

B Legit
06-26-2014, 12:30 AM
I agree with you, it is tedious, but if that's the only way to earn 3 stars material to level up amours, then I'll just do it. However, seems like half says leveling up makes no difference if you are over 100 in level, but the other half says it gives bad result for the guild, so I still have not decided.

To farm, or not to farm?

The stronger you are, the stronger your guild is. Level up, and encourage everyone else to do so.

Rookeye
06-26-2014, 08:11 AM
Question to the one(s) advocating not leveling up:

Do you not have any Legendaries, if you have no epics?

King Lou
06-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Yongsan & B Legit, thanks to both of you for your replies. I just wanted to make sure my high level was not punishing our guild. Like Rookeye said we had a lot of battles this last war where everyone was very hard to the point none of us could consistently win.

You will also notice if you are HC or above you get lower points when attacking lower ranked opponents. For example GM, GC, GS attack lower in rank they get less pts as do HC for attacking commanders.

Twh21702
06-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks King Lou.

MitDac
06-26-2014, 05:43 PM
You will also notice if you are HC or above you get lower points when attacking lower ranked opponents. For example GM, GC, GS attack lower in rank they get less pts as do HC for attacking commanders.

Thanks King Lou!

What strange in the last war was, I, Guild Champion, and my sentinel, both higher than 100 in level, attack the same GM, and I got 200 points less than the sentinel. I don't know how to explain that!

MitDac
06-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Question to the one(s) advocating not leveling up:

Do you not have any Legendaries, if you have no epics?

Hi Rookeye, I have 4 legendary plus, 2 epics, 1 epic plus (I don't count normal legendary), all maxed, and I am unsure, due to the level of randomness/not-so-randomness of this game.

Hopeless82
06-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks King Lou!

What strange in the last war was, I, Guild Champion, and my sentinel, both higher than 100 in level, attack the same GM, and I got 200 points less than the sentinel. I don't know how to explain that!
Did you miss out the part where I explained the point calculation?

Natch.

B Legit
06-26-2014, 07:16 PM
El oh el at this whole conversation. You have multiple players who have been around for a long time speaking in facts being ignored in favor of newbies speaking in opinions lol.

But for the Mitdac, points are also random. You need a very large sample size to determine the exact averages. Yes, if you and your sent attacked the same person, you will get different points each attack. However over hundreds of attacks, it would even out and you would have almost the same. The difference is, if one of your HC or Commanders attacked the same person, the HC would have 10-20% more points than you, and the commander another 10-20%. This makes sense though, because as a sent/champ you have boosted stats making you less likely to loose, and more able to defeat the opponents GC/Sent/GM, for the bonus points there.

Rookeye
06-26-2014, 08:18 PM
For the sake of je ne s'ais quoi, what if you were demoted in rank down to a lowly private? (er, Commander...meant commander!) ;) What effect, if any, would this have on your perception: "I think my points might be too high"?

Kangaroeland
06-27-2014, 02:56 AM
There's a pro and a con. Your stats drop but you points per fight get higher. Your level also seems to have an effect on the points you get and no I am not a newbie or speaking from opinion. If guild war is your ony focus it might be worth it to stop levelling. I dont believe one persons level can affect a guilds matches in gw so drastically. Its all about rank, guild level and number of players.

Hopeless82
06-27-2014, 08:49 AM
If you have a good lineup, it will be worth it to be a High Commander for several reasons. Assuming of course, you also meet your Guild's requirements to be a High Commander. This will strictly be addressing strategy for Guild Wars (assuming of course, that neither side is stripping).

1) The obvious. You get better stat bonuses. This enables you to fight better against ranked enemies for more points per energy spent. In my Guild, some of my better equipped HCmdrs farm the enemy GM along with me for a dramatic point gain.

2) You make it harder for the enemy to farm your guild. One of the best things you can see is a battle record indicating an enemy Knight only got 0-20pts from a fight with your knight. Meaning to say, they lost. It kills the tempo for the enemy as they search for easier prey.

~~~~ ~~~~

Side-note, elemental countering is more important in battles than raw stats. Unless the enemy knight grossly exceed you in combined armor stats (say more than 500pts), having the right elemental counter generally win you more battles. A team of EB+ will almost always beat a team of Epics given the right elemental countering.

(Assuming maxed out armors here. 70/70)

One of the counter-tactics you will encounter in higher-level Guild Battles is an Enemy GM who consistently switches armor to screw up your lineup. You have to be prepared to switch armors quickly to re-counter his new lineup.

Cheers.

Rookeye
06-27-2014, 09:01 AM
At what level (or Lvl of armor, maxed) does making a player HC have value? What if they are level 20, or 40, with the types of armors typical of those levels? Would your strategy still work? Methinks not. :(

B Legit
06-27-2014, 09:18 AM
At what level (or Lvl of armor, maxed) does making a player HC have value? What if they are level 20, or 40, with the types of armors typical of those levels? Would your strategy still work? Methinks not. :(

What strategy are you referring to?

Rookeye
06-27-2014, 09:42 AM
I'll PM you. *grins*