PDA

View Full Version : Answer the question above you.

Pages : [1] 2

Sol Invictus
06-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Answer a question, and then ask one.

I shall begin.

Is reality really real?

Rookeye
06-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Define "really"...

If you could have anything for breakfast, what would it be?

CryoCrystal
06-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Bagel, sausage links, hash browns, and eggs

If you had one millions gems, what would you spend them on?

legalious
06-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Arena, odds favor it having better armor.

Have you ever gamed during a natural disaster?

Sol Invictus
06-20-2014, 06:23 PM
It's storming pretty heavy right now, all of a sudden. Thunderclaps are CRAZY loud and setting off car alarms.
Other than that, no.

And hey! Rookeye didn't answer my question!

Main Entry: re·al·ly
Pronunciation: \ˈrē-(ə-)lē\
Function: adverb
Date: 15th century

1 a : in reality : actually

Is reality ACTUALLY real?

CryoCrystal
06-21-2014, 05:15 AM
Yes

If you would leech in any guild, which would it be?

Rookeye
06-21-2014, 05:21 AM
I would never leech. Ugh.

What is your favorite armor, useful or no?

CryoCrystal
06-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Armor of the Devoted.
If all epics had 1a 1d for stats, which would you choose for free?

Rookeye
06-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Hmmm...would they KEEP that 1a/1d (i.e., be merely cosmetic armor)? *puts on thinking cap*

Favorite line from favorite movie? ;)

Sol Invictus
06-21-2014, 05:21 PM
singing "My stepdad's not mean, he's just adjusting."

X8dPa2S4vL0

Do we own ourselves?

Rookeye
06-21-2014, 05:45 PM
I always thought so.

Corndogs: mustard, yes or no?

legalious
06-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Yes, and drenched!

What is your favorite food, and can you list a recipe for one?

Rookeye
06-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Nutella.

Recipe: 1 jar of Nutella, 1 tablespoon, 1 large glass ice-cold milk. Alternate tablespoons of Nutella with gulps of milk. ;)

Question: What constellations do you know by heart, and can find in the night sky?

CryoCrystal
06-22-2014, 06:02 AM
Around 20 it just depends
If you would pick one thing to take out of the world (ex: make peace! world hunger stop) what would it be?

Sol Invictus
06-22-2014, 12:11 PM
The human obsession to control the lives of others through the coercive force of government.

If reality is really real, then how do you explain away the compelling argument that reality is actually just a computer simulation?

Chfoo9NBEow

Rookeye
06-22-2014, 09:06 PM
The human obsession to control the lives of others through the coercive force of government.

If reality is really real, then how do you explain away the compelling argument that reality is actually just a computer simulation?

1) what's a "computer"?

2) how does it make/control/run a simulation? (Dependent or independent of man?)

3) how do you know it functions in that way?

4) taking into consideration your first three answers, why do you think everything fits so neatly into the "compelling" box argument of a simulation?

5) what other arguments have you entertained besides this one, and what were the merits if each one?

6) how many times have you watched The Matrix? ;)

Sol Invictus
06-23-2014, 02:46 PM
I've only watched each movie of the trilogy once, but the Animatrix is awesome as hell.

What's your favorite animal? :cool:

legalious
06-23-2014, 03:16 PM
What's your favorite animal? :cool:

Mine would be a Pegasus. :p

What TV show do you secretly watch and don't tell anyone about?

CryoCrystal
06-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Ummm, pokemon 😜

Name one thing that you want irl.

Sol Invictus
06-23-2014, 06:13 PM
A Pegasus.

What's the story behind your screenname?

Rookeye
06-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Rookeye is a bast*rdization of Rookie which is short for Rook...one of the characters in a book I'm writing. No lie. ;)

What subject did you hate in High School, but realize you needed in college?

CryoCrystal
06-24-2014, 10:27 AM
My screen name story is well this: Ingame I named my self CryoGen. Later on is shortened it to Cryo, then, I changed it to CrYo. And made a line at the name of ��CryoCrystal�� then my Ingame name changed to King CrYo with my new Sky Majesty.

Edit: IGNORE THIS POST answer the question by:Rookeye

Sol Invictus
06-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Cryo...you could still answer her question and then ask your own.

But, cool story.

Twh21702
06-24-2014, 11:28 AM
English.

If you were stranded on an island and could only have 1 thing with you what would it be?

Tadaaah
06-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Would you rather swim in a pool full of mayonnaise or bellyflop onto a pool full of Jello?

legalious
06-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Would you rather swim in a pool full of mayonnaise or bellyflop onto a pool full of Jello?

Bellyflop onto a pool of Jello. Mayo makes me sick.

If you could travel back in time and bring a celebrity to the future, who would it be?

Rookeye
06-24-2014, 12:52 PM
This might sound dumb, but I'd bring Abraham Lincoln. I always wanted to ask him questions about what he did in Office, and why. :o

"Would you rather ride on a train, dance in the rain, or feel no pain...?"

Twh21702
06-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Feel no pain while dancing in the rain. I ride a train all the time.

What would you do if you had enough money to do anything you wanted, but only do it once?

Rookeye
06-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Put wells in every town in Morrocco.

What video game character do you secretly wish you were?

Sol Invictus
06-24-2014, 06:10 PM
I would want to be the dude from Altered Beast, because he can turn into a werewolf and a dragon and other stuff.

http://www.arcade-history.com/images/game/73_1.png

Tad's question reminded of one my grandfather used to ask me. Good to see you in here, by the way!

Would you rather slide down a 50ft razor blade into a pool of lemon juice, or suck the snot out of a donkey's head?

Rookeye
06-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Can I shoot myself before I have to pick either choice? Ewwww.

Do you know how to cook?

Twh21702
06-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Yes if you consider grilling cooking.

do you consider grilling cooking?

Rookeye
06-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Every day my husband grills, God love him! ;)

Can you build something with your own two hands?

Sol Invictus
06-25-2014, 02:31 PM
I built little, wooden steps for my bulldog to get into bed. Sometimes he gets sore when he plays with my girlfriend's parent's English Mastiff and he whines at us to pick him up and put him on the bed.

Other than that...Legos.

You have to wear a mask for the rest of your life. Which one do you pick?

Rookeye
06-25-2014, 03:46 PM
This one has possibilities:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1977051936/guy-fawkes-mask_400x400.jpg

Don't you think we already wear daily masks? :)

Copious
06-25-2014, 08:57 PM
This one has possibilities:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1977051936/guy-fawkes-mask_400x400.jpg

Don't you think we already wear daily masks? :)

No

If space is expanding what is it expanding into?

Sol Invictus
06-27-2014, 11:08 AM
A tough one, no one wanted to tackle. Good job.

The answer is that the universe isn't expanding into anything, it's just expanding. It's easier to understand if you imagine the universe as the surface of a balloon. When you blow up the balloon, the surface of the balloon expands, but it doesn't expand into anything. If you were to use a marker to make two dots on the balloon, and then blow up the balloon, then the dots would separate further and further as you inflated the balloon. The surface of the balloon expands, but (in the case of the universe) it does not expand into anything.

Thanks, Neil.
http://www.startalkradio.net/

On that note...

Think of how large the universe is. It's so large, we can't even imagine it, but within it are billions of galaxies that themselves contain millions of planets. By the numbers, there must be at least a few other planets our there, if not hundreds or thousands or more, capable of sustaining life.

The universe is an estimated ~14 billion years old, while planet Earth is a little under 5 billion years and humans have only been around for about 200k of those years. And in that time, we've figured out how to explore space.

So, considering the probability of other planets in the universe capable of sustaining life...
And considering the age of the universe, and the relative young age of planet Earth, which has developed intelligent life capable of space-faring...

Is there alien life out there?

If you say 'No' then how to you explain away the math that suggests the universe should be teeming with life?
If you say 'Yes' then...where is everybody?

CryoCrystal
06-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Yes and no. No one knows. I believe yes because there is proof of a planet almost exactly like earth that I fact COULD sustain life.

If you could be anything you want, what would it be? I would personally like to be a baby wyvern

legalious
06-27-2014, 11:15 AM
If you could be anything you want, what would it be?

A dragon, because that's just epic.

What would you make with a 3D printer?

Rookeye
06-27-2014, 11:17 AM
A lightsaber.

What color would your lightsaber be?

CryoCrystal
06-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Lime green.

If a video game were real, what would it be? I say pokemon.

Sol Invictus
06-27-2014, 04:36 PM
DayZ

What is the best TV show no longer being aired on regular TV (that is, not on some obscure satellite channel or something)?

Dianish
06-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Eureka...

Why does bacon taste so good?

Jun-fan
06-27-2014, 09:52 PM
It has to be because of the flying pigs they came from.

What's your best/worst fusion story?

Rookeye
06-28-2014, 07:26 AM
I've not been around long enough to have a"Best" story, but my "Worst" was repeatedly trying to FUSE a Crius+ over and over and over and over and ... ;)

CryoCrystal
06-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Best story of fusion:Sky majesty. Why? I thought it was a crappy mono.

What is your best knd moment

legalious
06-28-2014, 10:24 PM
What is your best knd moment

The moment the Unicorn boss showed up.

Marvel or DC and which character?

Rookeye
06-29-2014, 07:33 AM
Ooooo tough. I collected Xmen (Marvel) when young, fave character Wolverine. But DC is home of Batman. Can't decide on that one!

Wolverine or Batman?

jasobih
06-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Ooooo tough. I collected Xmen (Marvel) when young, fave character Wolverine. But DC is home of Batman. Can't decide on that one!

Wolverine or Batman?

Batman

Is 2pac still alive?

Rookeye
06-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Only if you believe in Zombies, Vampires, etc. *shiver*

Mashed potatoes: nectar of the gods, or spawn of satan?

jasobih
06-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Only if you believe in Zombies, Vampires, etc. *shiver*

Mashed potatoes: nectar of the gods, or spawn of satan?

nectar of the gods :)

What's a show you're really into now and could recommend me?

Rookeye
06-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Dr. Who!

Who's your newest fave Doctor? #9, #10, #11?

LOB_Sojourner1111
06-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Doctor #10.

What android smartphone should I get next?

Rookeye
06-29-2014, 04:31 PM
I know nothing about Android, alas... :(

When you were a child, what was the scariest movie your parents permitted you to watch and then regretted it that night? ;)

Jun-fan
06-30-2014, 10:42 AM
I wasn't not allowed to watch Michael Jackson's Thriller video when that came out, but I was watching it at night before my mom came home from work. I was supposed to be in bed, but like the hoodlum I was, I stayed up watching TV. It was somewhat scary, but nothing that kept me up at night. What did keep me up was the deep cut I received when I jumped up and broke a glass tabletop trying to turn of the TV and get to bed when I heard my mom open the door. I'm still scarred from that. Physically, anyway.

Gree already used "Arcane" for a chest name. What would you have called Gwen's second attempt at an epic chest?

Rookeye
06-30-2014, 12:52 PM
Heh...my brother broke his hand playing Monopoly! ;)

Gwen's second Chest attempt should have been "Mystic" or "Chest of the Sybel"...

If you painted a picture, what media (oil, acrylic, watercolor) would you use? And what would your picture be of?

Sol Invictus
06-30-2014, 02:41 PM
The blood of the children of my enemies.
The picture would be a serene landscape full of happy, little trees and whatnot.

One-world, global government...or no governments?

Rookeye
06-30-2014, 06:16 PM
What, Fascism or Anarchy? Neither, please.

Your favorite band?

Sol Invictus
06-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Global government isn't fascism, it's totalitarianism, and anarchy is awesome. It's not the lawless gangs of bandits that you've been led to believe.

All-time: Pantera
Currently active: Used to be Amon Amarth, but they have been in decline lately. I suppose it'd have to be Down.

What is your absolute bottom dollar price you'd demand for someone to hire you to murder a stranger?

Rookeye
07-01-2014, 05:40 AM
Hmmm. Agree to disagree re: politics.

The old me might consider murdering a stranger. The new me considers the entire question abhorrent and refuses to answer. I'm in the business of laying down my life for strangers, not robbing them of life. :)

Most impressive Ancient Culture: Roman or Egyptian? (I am limiting the choice to two that coexisted in time. My favorite empire is that of the Kah Khan...) ;)

CryoCrystal
07-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Hmmm. Agree to disagree re: politics.

The old me might consider murdering a stranger. The new me considers the entire question abhorrent and refuses to answer. I'm in the business of laying down my life for strangers, not robbing them of life. :)

Most impressive Ancient Culture: Roman or Egyptian? (I am limiting the choice to two that coexisted in time. My favorite empire is that of the Kah Khan...) ;)

Roman.

Do you like swimming?

Rookeye
07-01-2014, 01:11 PM
LOVE swimming! :)

Who said, "Negative, I am a Meat Popsicle"? ;)

Twh21702
07-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Bruce Willis in the 5th element.

What is your favorite movie

Rookeye
07-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Too many to choose from! Could I go top 10?

What are 10 of your favorite films? ;)

legalious
07-01-2014, 03:59 PM
What are 10 of your favorite films?

Blazing Saddles, Nightmare on Elm St, LOTR The Two Towers, The Evil Dead, Disney Hercules, Ghostbusters, The Lego Movie, Frozen, District 9. This was a hard list to make.

Which Disney theme park ride is your favorite?

Rookeye
07-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Peter Pan, still, after all these years. I love flying over London! :)

Have you ever been in a musical?

Sol Invictus
07-02-2014, 10:40 AM
No, but I ran the lights for a play once as community service.

Would you rather have more time or more money, and why?

Jun-fan
07-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Time. You can always make more money if you run out, but you can't make more time if your time is up.

Did you end up going into the career field you thought you wanted to as a kid?

Rookeye
07-02-2014, 12:14 PM
No, I wanted to be a piratical space gypsy, and never quite managed that one.

Do you believe in "true love"?

CryoCrystal
07-02-2014, 01:59 PM
No, I wanted to be a piratical space gypsy, and never quite managed that one.

Do you believe in "true love"?

Yes

If a bird eats the worm. Then the worm eats the bird when it dies. If your mean to someone... Something happens...
Is this true?

Sol Invictus
07-02-2014, 03:05 PM
http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/wut-confused/picgifs-wut-confused-5000116.gif

Rookeye
07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Yes

If a bird eats the worm. Then the worm eats the bird when it dies. If your mean to someone... Something happens...
Is this true?

If i parse it, unless you're speaking philosophically, or poetically, the same worm eaten by a bird is not the same worm that later devours the bird, though it is true that most dead things are eaten by worms, and the cyclical truth of bird eat worm, worm eat bird is kinda neat.

Were you then seeking to make a truth claim that meanness comes back upon the person who is mean? I'd agree with the sentiment, but not pair the two examples.

If the Sun is a star--and we know this--why do we insist in calling it a Sun? ;)

autorunner
07-03-2014, 02:01 PM
If i parse it, unless you're speaking philosophically, or poetically, the same worm eaten by a bird is not the same worm that later devours the bird, though it is true that most dead things are eaten by worms, and the cyclical truth of bird eat worm, worm eat bird is kinda neat.

Were you then seeking to make a truth claim that meanness comes back upon the person who is mean? I'd agree with the sentiment, but not pair the two examples.

If the Sun is a star--and we know this--why do we insist in calling it a Sun? ;)

Sol is the Latin word for "Sun". The Romans called it Sol, so you can blame them. The Greeks called it Helios.

Current tax system or go to flat tax in the US?

Rookeye
07-03-2014, 02:31 PM
The current system sucks. Not sure I have enough info on Flat Tax to trust it, but I'll try anything once! ;)

What is "the dumbest thing you ever heard"?

legalious
07-03-2014, 04:13 PM
What is "the dumbest thing you ever heard"?
At Disneyland when people ask "When does the 6pm Parade start?"

Which holiday food do you like to eat? (Burgers for the 4th :cool:)

Jun-fan
07-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Holidays usually mean me on the grill, which means steak for me (and the rest of the family too, I suppose...).

It's hurricane season on the east coast of the US. How many hurricanes/typhoons/natural disasters have you been through in your lifetime so far? (Several hurricanes and one earthquake here...)

Rookeye
07-03-2014, 05:55 PM
I used to live in L.A., so:

* Brush fires
* Mudslides
* Earthquakes

I also count this, because it was so intense, though it was man-made:

* L.A. Riots (Rodney King/Reginald Denny, etc)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/26/article-2135510-12C6CB8F000005DC-145_634x353.jpg

I could see the flames from my work.

When I moved to the South (right after Katrina), I was treated to an F4 tornado that ripped through my new hometown. It was the first one to hit that town since the 1800's. Sheesh!

- - -

Favorite Bruce Lee movie?

Sol Invictus
07-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Way of the Dragon, because of the cat that initiates this fight. It's hilarious.

F0sZaPbKDQM

What work of literature that has not yet been made into a movie, should be?

(My pick is the comic Preacher, which aparently Seth Rogen is making into a TV show for AMC...which is probably going to be god awful since most of whats in the comic isn't suitable for cable TV.)

Rookeye
07-04-2014, 05:43 AM
Awe, I loved that kitten! Mrawr!! ;)

Psion by Joan D. Vinge. Don't know how they'd do it decently though; most of it happens in his head.

- - -

What is your favorite cookie?

Jun-fan
07-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Homemade - oatmeal raisin (actually, my friend makes them, so that should be "homemade but not in my household"). Bought - Caramel deLites.

With the last two chests having a Canadian and American theme, what would you like to see next week's chest look like?

Rookeye
07-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Ancient Mongolian, please... ;)

Have you ever bought a video game console "for the kids" and then played it more than they did? :rolleyes:

CryoCrystal
07-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Ancient Mongolian, please... ;)

Have you ever bought a video game console "for the kids" and then played it more than they did? :rolleyes:

I don't have kids... :(

The bird eats a worm. Then worms eat the bird. You treat someone mean. They treat you mean back. Be nice of everything and everyone. They just could ruin you... Is this true?

Rookeye
07-05-2014, 06:17 PM
1) you don't have kids yet...

2) bird vs. worm thing, asked and answered: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?94082-Answer-the-question-above-you&p=1336791&viewfull=1#post1336791

Which is worse, trolls or leeches?

Sol Invictus
07-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Leeches are worse, because they are essentially stealing from people who put real money into this game.
And because I troll, and all it is is rustling jimmies. Good times.

Would you rather SHOUT AT THE DEVIL

http://nogoodforme.filmstills.org/images/motley_crue_shout_at_the_devil.jpg

or be IN LEAGUE WITH SATAN?

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/1/9/3/4/19348.jpg?2409

Rookeye
07-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Oh, I shout, definitely. ;)

Frou frou or Imogene Heap?

kfresh
07-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Trolls are the best and worst type of people on planet

Rookeye
07-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Trolls are the best and worst type of people on planet

I'm sorry, but your answer must be in the form of a question... ;)

Bonaya
07-09-2014, 05:01 AM
Oh, I shout, definitely. ;)

Frou frou or Imogene Heap?

Frou Frou because Imogen Heap is in it aswell :p

Would you rather work at the company which owns your favourite game(s)? Or beta test new, perhaps boring, games.

Jun-fan
07-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Beta testing would be neat. I'm all for giving my opinion on things, and at least with beta testing you're seeing new things every now and then. If you're on the development side, you're staring at the same code for months on end until you move on to a new project.

Are you overreliant on spell checkers and autocorrect, or do you make your own spelling/grammar edits when you post or text?

legalious
07-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Are you overreliant on spell checkers and autocorrect, or do you make your own spelling/grammar edits when you post or text?

I do a little bit of both.

If you made a video game, what type would it be? (RPG, Simulation, Strategy, etc.)

Rookeye
07-09-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm an RPG-type of girl... ;)

Do you watch kids shows, movies, cartoons, etc? Or are you too mature?

Jun-fan
07-09-2014, 05:53 PM
I'll watch a good cartoon if the kids are watching it and it's entertaining, or if I'm already into it (I'm watching the animated Clone Wars series right now - I'm somewhat of a Star Wars junkie). Even the animated movies, like Frozen or Monsters University, sometimes are entertaining and neat to look at from a technical standpoint.

Your choice of weapon - a Klingon Bat'leth or Darth Maul's double-bladed lightsaber?

Twh21702
07-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Double bladed lightsaber hands down.

favorite Star Wars movie?

Jun-fan
07-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Ep V. Between Vader choking everyone and the rebels getting it handed to them at every turn, it made the rebellion look like it was in deep trouble and with no way out of it all.

Buffy/Angel or Bella/Edward?

Bonaya
07-10-2014, 02:31 AM
Ep V. Between Vader choking everyone and the rebels getting it handed to them at every turn, it made the rebellion look like it was in deep trouble and with no way out of it all.

Buffy/Angel or Bella/Edward?

Easy question. Buffy/Angel

In the face of death, would you resort to cannibalism?

Twh21702
07-10-2014, 03:32 AM
Never being it that position, it's easy to say no. But you have to do what you have to do, so......

What is you favorite season? Spring, winter, summer fall?

CryoCrystal
07-10-2014, 05:25 AM
Spring.

Potato?

Jun-fan
07-10-2014, 06:31 AM
Loaded baked.

Remember the car you always wanted as a kid? Do you think you're going to get one in your lifetime?

Bonaya
07-10-2014, 06:34 AM
Yes, ordered it yesterday :o

If on Android, DK-empire or REBELs?

DK Zenith
07-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Yes, ordered it yesterday :o

If on Android, DK-empire or REBELs?

Empire! Okay, I might be biased, but either way I just love the built-in Star Wars joke ^_^

What the nerdiest thing you geek out over?

Rookeye
07-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Dr Who. We have our own working sonic screwdriver... ;)

Do you watch FanWars?

RA Wyrmbane SAE
07-12-2014, 12:54 AM
I do not watch fanwars idk what that is but sounds cool.

Do you think pigeons have feelings?

CryoCrystal
07-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Of course.

What is your favorite feature of. KnD

Sol Invictus
07-12-2014, 05:42 PM
The 'speed up' button.

Best single (music) of 1996?

Jun-fan
07-13-2014, 11:53 AM
I was a Hootie and the Blowfish fan, so I'm going with Time.

What style of martial arts would you like to have studied when you were younger (or are you studying now)?

Rookeye
07-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Kenpo. Would also like to learn Wing Chun and Kali.

What is the largest sword you can lift?

DGO Aphrodite
07-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Kenpo. Would also like to learn Wing Chun and Kali.

What is the largest sword you can lift?

um, i don't know, what time is it?

DK Zenith
07-14-2014, 08:26 AM
Wayne's World!
Party time!
Excellent!

If you could have one superpower for 24 hours, what would it be?

Arcane Haven
07-14-2014, 12:33 PM
probably super speed, i always loved flash growing up.

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Sol Invictus
07-14-2014, 02:51 PM

Do you agree with the statement that "gender is a social construct, " and why or why not?

Rookeye
07-14-2014, 07:17 PM
I think gender is evident. One can try to socially shift gender, or magnify the pre-existing one, but the base gender is already there.

Do you think children should still learn Latin in school?

Jun-fan
07-17-2014, 09:58 PM
I think that'd be neat to have them learn Latin. Soon we're not going to have enough people versed in Latin to teach it, so we need to make sure that the language is passed on. Kinda like Kung Fu Panda - each generation teaches the next.

If you could instantly learn another language (like Neo learned kung fu), what would you learn?

legalious
07-17-2014, 10:01 PM
If you could instantly learn another language (like Neo learned kung fu), what would you learn?

Latin, because I would probably be able to teach it at a nice University.

What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon show?

Sol Invictus
07-18-2014, 12:24 AM
The only one I can remember off the top of my head is X-Men.
But I loved all that kind of thing. Really deep and fleshed out fantasy storylines.

Remember Gargoyles or Mummies Alive or Leathernecks, the CGI cartoon based off Starship Troopers? Good stuff.

Imagine you and I are on a deserted island. You start to sing some song that gets stuck in your head or something. I do not like to sing and I don't want you to sing either, so I say to you that if you do not stop singing then I am going to put you in a cage.

Is this legitimate and/or moral?

I'm going to assume your answer would be that it is not legitimate, and move on to the real question. If your answer is "Yes" then you can elaborate.

Imagine you, myself and fifty others are on this island. You start to sing, and the rest of us tell you that if you do not stop singing then we will put you in a cage.

Is this legitimate and/or moral?

Rookeye
07-18-2014, 12:07 PM
It is neither legitimate nor moral...it is FORCE. It is civilization, Lord of the Flies style. It is forcing one view upon another. However, my singing and refusing to shut up is also forcing my view (desire for that song) onto another. If I refuse to stop, my refusal is also illigetimate and immoral.

What "makes" morality right? ;)

Jun-fan
07-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Morality comes from a society's views as a whole of right or wrong, which in itself isn't necessarily always right or wrong (for example, slavery in the US was morally okay for a time being, but not in today's US). So what "makes" morality right has to do with the people's attitudes at the time those views are held.

Wow, this could evolve into a huge dissertation. Let's change gears...

What kind of non-traditional topping would you want to see on a pizza? Pineapples and buffalo chicken were weird when they first came out on pizzas, but people got used to them. So what's the next new non-traditional topping that you would like to try, and possibly patent the idea and make a lot of money on?

Sol Invictus
07-18-2014, 03:50 PM
What kind of non-traditional topping would you want to see on a pizza?

Placenta.
I remember seeing some show on HBO or something many years ago where people were saving the placenta to eat. I specifically remember someone making placenta pâté.

Going back and expanding upon my previous question and the answer given...

If force is illegitmate and immoral, then what makes democracy such a good idea? It has been famously said that democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding on what to have for dinner, vividly illustrating the tyranny of the majority.

If it is wrong for one person to tell another person what to do (or what not to do), and it is wrong for 50 people to tell one person what or what not to do...then at what point do the numbers become sufficiently large to justify controlling the actions of someone else?

Democracy sucks.

Rookeye
07-18-2014, 11:24 PM
I like benevolent dictatorships; it's how I run my house. ;)

Gum or candy?

Jun-fan
07-19-2014, 08:11 AM
Gum. Candy gets stuck in my teeth to easily.

How old were you when you first experienced computers, and what was that experience like?

sxespanky
07-19-2014, 11:58 AM
How old were you when you first experienced computers, and what was that experience like?

computer lab 5th grade, playing games with the old floppy disks (not 3.5 inch) although we had a really old computer lab. playing number/word munchers and some pizza delivery game with levers, pullys,and wheels.

where is the most exotic place you've visited?

Rookeye
07-19-2014, 09:35 PM
I've been to the Sahara, where the sand is so fine it's like face powder, and the lightest breeze lifts particles into the air. Makes the most amazing sunsets.

Do you know how to swim?

Jun-fan
07-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Nope. I mean, I can kinda swim, but not well enough to survive if I were in the diving end of a pool.

How old were you when you first started driving, legally or otherwise?

Rookeye
07-20-2014, 09:19 AM
13. I wasn't safe to drive until about 20... ;)

Do you like Spam?

Jun-fan
07-20-2014, 09:22 AM
I used to eat that stuff all the time. Sliced and fried, then diced and mixed with fried rice, then rolled up like sushi.

First video game console? (Mine was an Atari 2600...)

Ant venom
07-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Mine was also an Atari 2600
What is ur favorite game?
Mine is Minecraft

Rookeye
07-20-2014, 10:18 AM
After KnD, my favorite game is

http://thatgamecompany.com/wp-content/themes/thatgamecompany/_include/img/journey/journey-game-screenshot-1-b.jpg

Have you read Sun Tzu's The Art of War? Do you play group MMORPG's differently after reading it? ;)

CryoCrystal
07-21-2014, 05:42 AM
No and no

Have you ever played, and liked pokemon?

Rookeye
07-21-2014, 07:53 AM
No play, but I thought the show was funny...Jigglypuff cracked me up.

What's the most impressive thing you know how to cook?

Jun-fan
07-22-2014, 01:09 PM
I've made something called brazo de mercedes - it's a dessert my dad taught me to make many years ago.

Do you still have a film camera or a cassette-based video camera laying around somewhere?

Rookeye
07-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Nope!

Have you ever been in a film (esp. Shot on Super 8)? ;)

Edward The Name
07-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Yes a home town exclusive movie

Do you know any celebrities personally? And who?

Bukk7k3
07-24-2014, 02:13 AM
nope, not one

what's the most special thing about your country?

DK Zenith
07-24-2014, 07:53 AM
I live in the US and I think one of the best parts, although it is certainly not exclusive to America, is the diversity of the population. I've met people from all over the world that live in my neighborhood.

Which is more important in life; happiness or success? Why?

Rookeye
07-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Happiness. "Contentment in all circumstances is great gain." If I am a bazillionaire, but am unhappy, of what use is that? Money cannot buy me an honest friend, a sincere compliment, a faithful spouse. It cannot buy me laughter, or show me how to live.

Yet I can be happy, both in riches and in poverty. I can make my surroundings rich with real things that money can't buy: faith, hope, truth, love. I know that my friends are true; they don't cling to me for my wealth, and will not desert me when the money is gone. There is a great insecurity that comes with riches that is absent with Happiness. :)

What is a Friendship?

Dianish
07-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Happiness. "Contentment in all circumstances is great gain." If I am a bazillionaire, but am unhappy, of what use is that? Money cannot buy me an honest friend, a sincere compliment, a faithful spouse. It cannot buy me laughter, or show me how to live.

Yet I can be happy, both in riches and in poverty. I can make my surroundings rich with real things that money can't buy: faith, hope, truth, love. I know that my friends are true; they don't cling to me for my wealth, and will not desert me when the money is gone. There is a great insecurity that comes with riches that is absent with Happiness. :)

What is a Friendship?

The ship that helps its friend.

I've got claws and paws. Im sometimes happy, sometimes angry - For fun i knock things down from the shelf in the pantry. I can be your best friend but i mostly pretend. I dont care - you hate that i stare.

What am i?

Edit: A Cat.

Sol Invictus
07-26-2014, 02:09 AM
Are you my grandma?

PedroPimples
07-26-2014, 02:10 AM
I am.

Do you know where I can find buried treasure?

Rookeye
07-26-2014, 04:56 AM
Evidently in the pantry... ;)

Who was Macavity?

Dianish
07-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Who was Macavity?

My best PAL - Maybe NTSC.

A man has 2 sons. He give one of hi's sons 10 cents and the other son 15 cents. What time is it?

Edit: (1:45 - A quarter to two)

Rookeye
07-27-2014, 01:20 PM
It's allowance time. ;)

What kind of Doctor was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?

DK Zenith
07-27-2014, 02:41 PM
A surgeon ;)

Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

(Consider Mill's stance on Utilitarianism: He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. -John Stuart Mill)

Rookeye
07-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Is there a third choice?

Have you ever made a small child happy? :)

Dianish
07-28-2014, 12:40 AM
Is there a third choice?

Have you ever made a small child happy? :)

Yes.

If in a code language, "DISTANCE" is written as "IDTUBECN" and "DOCUMENT" is written as "ODDVNTNE", the how will "THURSDAY" be coded as in the same language?

Edit: HTVSTYAD

Jun-fan
07-28-2014, 07:06 AM
HTVSTYAD

If you were TK-421, how would you respond when asked this (it's from a movie...):

"TK-421, why aren't you at your post?"

Sol Invictus
07-28-2014, 06:32 PM
I thought it was THX 1138. Guess it's been awhile since I've seen it.
On that note, this is interesting: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/1138_%28number%29

I'm a dog lover. I'm tired of seeing cops get away with killing dogs.

How much longer do you suspect Americans are going to let police run around like little god-tyrants who abuse their power eggregiously, before some people are gonna take a stand and some officers get themselves killed?

Rookeye
07-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Answer to the first question:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/cc/cd/05/cccd05f3fe5f7e06cf668760649f07a5.jpg

"...large leak...very dangerous!" ;)

Second:

Depends on (a) how many officers abuse their authority against (b) citizens who know their rights and who are (c) adequately armed.

Do you think American Concentration Camps is just a story?

Dianish
07-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Do you think American Concentration Camps is just a story?

No. The stories are true. They are exactly like "Space Camp".

Buy me, smell me or deliver me, I don't change.

Who am I ?

Edit: Cent, Scent and Sent - (Not "The mail")

Sol Invictus
07-29-2014, 12:04 AM
The mail.
(I just looked it up. Clever.)

Which religion is the right one?

Dianish
07-29-2014, 12:45 AM
Which religion is the right one?

None. Fiction aint real and therefor aint right.

Which three-digit number, made of consecutive digits, like 567, is 2 less than a cube and 2 more than a square?

(Please leave religion and other sensitive subjects out of this)

Jun-fan
07-29-2014, 09:03 AM
123. 11^2 = 121, 5^3 = 125. 123 sits right between them.

How did Line become the de facto means of communication for this game?

Sol Invictus
07-29-2014, 02:48 PM
I don't think anyone here knows that, although if I am wrong then I'd love to hear it.
It's what people were using when I started playing. Bandwagon.

Two part question...
Who is the best living martial artist who is also an actor (in their prime), and who is the best living professional fighter?

Dianish
07-30-2014, 12:26 AM
I don't think anyone here knows that, although if I am wrong then I'd love to hear it.
It's what people were using when I started playing. Bandwagon.

Two part question...
Who is the best living martial artist who is also an actor (in their prime), and who is the best living professional fighter?

Depends on who which individual prefer the most. Personally i prefer none and therefor there arent any "best" - Imo that is.

One got a stash of red habanero. One deseed a few. Later on one plant a few seeds. It grows. It starts to set pretty green pods which turn into white pods instead of orange to red.

Red habanero seeds(No crosspolination) planted which grows into a nice habanero plant which grows white pods.

Why?

Rookeye
07-30-2014, 06:45 AM
Ernie Reyes Jr. for a still living martial artist. ;) (I'd say Ip Man or Bruce Lee if dead)

Only mature Habaneros are red (though there is a variety of white Habanero methinks).

What is the earliest song you remember?

Jun-fan
07-30-2014, 07:13 AM
The theme from Sesame Street.

What's the best roller coaster you've ridden (and where is it, for those of us that don't want to Google it)?

Rookeye
07-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Oh gosh it's been years...the last one I remember was Goliath at 6 Flags Magic Mountain in California. I hurt after that one. ;)

Do you truthfully answer gender, race etc questions on forms, or do you get creative?

Race: Human
Sex: Yes, please!

Dianish
07-31-2014, 01:39 AM
Do you truthfully answer gender, race etc questions on forms, or do you get creative?

Race: Human
Sex: Yes, please!

That depends. Serious questions gets serious answers. Otherwise i get creative.

Why so serious?

Rookeye
07-31-2014, 08:31 AM
"Because some folks just want to watch the world burn..." ;)

Who is your favorite actor? Why?

legalious
07-31-2014, 11:18 AM
Who is your favorite actor? Why?

Gene Wilder, funny and love seeing him in film. Sad though that he stopped acting because of his friend Richard Pryor.

What box office movie are you anxious to see, and one you will definitely skip?

Dianish
07-31-2014, 08:31 PM
Gene Wilder, funny and love seeing him in film. Sad though that he stopped acting because of his friend Richard Pryor.

What box office movie are you anxious to see, and one you will definitely skip?

Gene Wilder is great. Love Gene's and Richards movies.

None. We dont have box office in Denmark. Mostly likely to skip ? Sin City: A dame to kill for.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Sol Invictus
07-31-2014, 09:55 PM
Yes. I talk a lot and do very little.
Unless you count talking as doing something, then no, because I talk and occasionally do other things too.

What is your biggest regret in life?

Dianish
07-31-2014, 11:18 PM
What is your biggest regret in life?

Life itself.

Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

Jun-fan
08-01-2014, 05:11 AM
Doing the right thing. But sometimes doing the right thing means doing things right in the first place.

Does your current vehicle have a manual or automatic transmission?

Dianish
08-01-2014, 05:28 AM
Doing the right thing. But sometimes doing the right thing means doing things right in the first place.

Does your current vehicle have a manual or automatic transmission?

Manual all the way and it'll never change. But it doesnt have a transmission though. But it definitely is manual as i have to shift gears on my own - Like it should be!

If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

Jun-fan
08-01-2014, 06:50 AM
I genuinely like teaching. Seeing the light bulbs go off when people get things is neat. That, and I like to see people grow in their career fields.

What were you doing when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded back in the 80s?

Rookeye
08-01-2014, 07:26 AM
I was in school, thinking, "nooooo!" They told us in class. I remember seeing the explosion on the news when I got home.

Did you see 9/11 unfold in real time, or after the fact?

Jun-fan
08-01-2014, 09:04 AM
I caught the news when the planes hit, and I saw the live feed of the buildings coming down. That was a scary moment.

What's the worst natural disaster you've personally experienced?

Rookeye
08-01-2014, 04:17 PM
1994 Northridge Quake. Ugh. It was unreal.

Which do you most prefer? Mountains, Forests, Seasides or Deserts?

Jun-fan
08-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Oh man, I though for a second that said desserts...cheesecake for me! But since that's not the real option, mountains for me.

What's your favorite genre of movie - sci fi, drama, comedy, indie, etc.?

Rookeye
08-02-2014, 06:12 AM
I love straight SciFi, not SciFi/horror.

What's your favorite dessert? ;)

Jun-fan
08-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Cheesecake. As if you didn't know already...:p

What about favorite breakfast food?

Dianish
08-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Cheesecake. As if you didn't know already...:p

What about favorite breakfast food?

Oatmeal, nuts and berries.

Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

Rookeye
08-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Rather lose old memories; not being able to make new memories means you never really come "home".

If home is where the heart is, where is your heart? Where are you most fond of?

Dianish
08-03-2014, 07:50 PM
If home is where the heart is, where is your heart? Where are you most fond of?

2 questions - 1 answer: Where ever my love may be..

Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

Rookeye
08-03-2014, 08:02 PM
When a good friend moves away; you can always renew that nearby friendship. :)

Psych: Shawn or Gus?

Dianish
08-03-2014, 09:45 PM
When a good friend moves away; you can always renew that nearby friendship. :)

Psych: Shawn or Gus?

Rather mow the lawn or take the bus. - I dont know that TV show. Had to google it.

When is your future behind you?

(Gotta love these questions - I will try increase the level of difficulty of these questions)

Jun-fan
08-05-2014, 07:09 PM
When you've accomplished your dreams/goals, your future becomes your present/past.

What did you collect as a kid - baseball cards, Matchbox cars, Garbage Pail Kids, etc. - and what became of that collection?

Dianish
08-05-2014, 08:23 PM
What did you collect as a kid - baseball cards, Matchbox cars, Garbage Pail Kids, etc. - and what became of that collection?

Nothing and nothing. I was outside playing.

When I divide it by 2, the remainder is 1.
When I divide it by 3, the remainder is 2.
When I divide it by 4, the remainder is 3.
When I divide it by 5, the remainder is 4.
When I divide it by 6, the remainder is 5.
When I divide it by 7, the remainder is 6.
When I divide it by 8, the remainder is 7.
When I divide it by 9, the remainder is 8.
When I divide it by 10, the remainder is 9.

It's not a small number, but it's not really big, either. When I looked for a smaller number with this property I couldn't find one.

Can you find it?

Rookeye
08-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Can you find it?

^ right there. ;)

Do you like word games?

avenwow
08-06-2014, 12:12 PM
I wonder whether you mean word games like crosswords etc. or when somebody plays with words when speaking :p but in both cases the answer is: YES, I DO!

If you were to meet a random person from living or resting in peace, who would that be?

legalious
08-06-2014, 12:14 PM
If you were to meet a random person from living or resting in peace, who would that be?

James Dean because he was hot.

What food would you want to learn how to make? (I would like to make good Chicken Tikka Masala)

Rookeye
08-07-2014, 12:01 PM
I would love to learn how to make Brik...it's something from my childhood

http://mmm-yoso.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b81169e2017c36ec6caf970b-500wi

Do you watch Anime?

legalious
08-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Do you watch Anime?

Watch anime and read manga.
Akame Ga Kill, Attack On Titan, Beyblade, Black Butler, Bleach, Blue Exorcist, The Devil is a Part-Timer, Dragon Ball, Digimon, Death Note, Fairy Tail, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, The Irregular at Magic High School, M.A.R, Naruto, One Piece, Pokémon, Sword Art Online, Tokyo Ravens, Trigun, Yugioh, Zoids...and more :)

Have you been to Comic Con or Anime Expo?

Rookeye
08-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Neither. Hmm.

Have you ever published something?

Clementine
08-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Neither. Hmm.

Have you ever published something?

Do blog posts count? That's the closest I have gotten. Though I did actually write an article for a female gamer website way back in the day when I was in University. But I don't know if it is available for public consumption any longer.

If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?

DK Zenith
08-07-2014, 01:14 PM
If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?

I had a much more selfless answer for this originally, but I would hire a chauffeur.
I don't hate driving, but I loathe other drivers!

What is the least annoying song you've ever had stuck in your head?

Rookeye
08-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Owl City's Fireflies. My daughter loved it when she was younger and it made me happy every time I heard it. ;)

What are you allergic to?

Dianish
08-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Owl City's Fireflies. My daughter loved it when she was younger and it made me happy every time I heard it. ;)

What are you allergic to?

Nothing as far as i know - Except BS.

A 9th-century poem in Old English contained in the Exeter Book, the posthumously published papers of D.H. Lawrence, a novel for children by E. Nesbit, and an allegorical poem by Shakespeare all refer in their titles to what mythological bird?

Rookeye
08-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Phoenix. (There are really only a few mythological birds to choose from...) :)

Which famous conqueror has left male-line descendants in roughly 8% of Europe and Asia?

Dianish
08-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Phoenix. (There are really only a few mythological birds to choose from...) :)

Which famous conqueror has left male-line descendants in roughly 8% of Europe and Asia?

Ye, it was an easy was for you :)

Genghis Khan.

The psychologist Raymond Cattell identified ‘fluid’ and ‘crystallised’ as factors of what human capacity, defined by one authority as the extent to which one deals “flexibly and effectively with practical and theoretical problems”?

Rookeye
08-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Intelligence. (I had to look it up. Not familiar with this one.) ;)

Can faith in "Science" be considered a religious belief? ;) ;)

Dianish
08-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Intelligence. (I had to look it up. Not familiar with this one.) ;)

Yes and no. But i would say no as its a form of study and therefor cant be a compared to religous beliefs - and yet some part of science actually can be considered as religous beliefs. (I would make a better more detailed aanswer if i had all the words. Pretty much empty in english)

What name denotes the class of devices used in clocks that intervene between the motive power and the regulator, causing an intermittent impulse to be given to the regulator and converting rotational to oscillatory motion?

Rookeye
08-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Ummmmmmmm....

Jun-fan
08-10-2014, 10:04 PM
It's called an escapement - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escapement.

What's the last CD you purchased - physical disks, not digital versions?

legalious
08-10-2014, 10:14 PM
What's the last CD you purchased - physical disks, not digital versions?

Spencer Day - Vagabond (http://www.amazon.com/Vagabond-Spencer-Day/dp/B002F24SEK)
Try out some of his music.

What is the meaning of life?

*Bonus points if you answer with 42

Dianish
08-11-2014, 05:07 AM
Spencer Day - Vagabond (http://www.amazon.com/Vagabond-Spencer-Day/dp/B002F24SEK)
Try out some of his music.

What is the meaning of life?

*Bonus points if you answer with 42

What ever it is you have in life that makes you happy.

-----------------------------------------

…"O Deep Thought computer," he said, "the task we have designed you to perform is this. We want you to tell us... " he paused, "the Answer!"
"The Answer?" said Deep Thought. "The Answer to what?"
"Life!" urged Fook.
"The Universe!" said Lunkwill.
"Everything!" they said in chorus.
Deep Thought paused for a moment's reflection.
"Tricky," he said finally.
"But can you do it?"
Again, a significant pause.
"Yes," said Deep Thought, "I can do it."
"There is an answer?" said Fook with breathless excitement.
"A simple answer?" added Lunkwill.
"Yes," said Deep Thought. "Life, the Universe, and Everything. There is an answer. But," he added, "I'll have to think about it."

…He paused and satisfied himself that he now had everyone's attention, before continuing more quietly. "But the program will take me a little while to run." Fook glanced impatiently at his watch. "How long?" he said. "Seven and half million years," said Deep Thought. Lunkwill and Fook blinked at each other. "Seven and a half million years!" they cried in chorus. "Yes," declaimed Deep Thought, "I said I'd have to think about it, didn't I?

... 7.500.000 years later ...

…"Seven and a half million years our race has waited for this Great and Hopefully Enlightening Day!" cried the cheerleader. "The Day of the Answer!"
Hurrahs burst from the ecstatic crowd.
"Never again," cried the man, "never again will we wake up in the morning and think Who am I? What is my purpose in life? Does it really, cosmically speaking, matter if I don't get up and go to work? For today we will finally learn once and for all the plain and simple answer to all these nagging little problems of Life, the Universe and Everything!"

…There was a moment's expectant pause while panels slowly came to life on the front of the console. Lights flashed on and off experimentally and settled down into a businesslike pattern. A soft low hum came from the communication channel.
"Good morning," said Deep Thought at last.
"Er . . . good morning, O Deep Thought," said Loonquawl nervously, "do you have . . . er, that is... "
"An answer for you?" interrupted Deep Thought majestically. "Yes. I have."
The two men shivered with expectancy. Their waiting had not been in vain.
"There really is one?" breathed Phouchg.
"There really is one," confirmed Deep Thought.
"To Everything? To the great Question of Life, the Universe and Everything?"
"Yes."
Both of the men had been trained for this moment, their lives had been a preparation for it, they had been selected at birth as those who would witness the answer, but even so they found themselves gasping and squirming like excited children.
"And you're ready to give it to us?" urged Loonquawl.
"I am."
"Now?"
"Now," said Deep Thought.
They both licked their dry lips.
"Though I don't think," added Deep Thought, "that you're going to like it."
"Doesn't matter!" said Phouchg. "We must know it! Now!"
"Now?" inquired Deep Thought.
"Yes! Now..."
"All right," said the computer, and settled into silence again. The two men fidgeted. The tension was unbearable.
"You're really not going to like it," observed Deep Thought.
"Tell us!"
"All right," said Deep Thought. "The Answer to the Great Question..."
"Yes . . . !"
"Of Life, the Universe and Everything... " said Deep Thought.
"Yes . . . !"
"Is. . . " said Deep Thought, and paused.
"Yes . . . !"
"Is..."
"Yes...!!!..."
"Forty-two," said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.

It was a long time before anyone spoke.
Out of the corner of his eye Phouchg could see the sea of tense expectant faces down in the square outside.
"We're going to get lynched, aren't we?" he whispered.
"It was a tough assignment," said Deep Thought mildly.
"Forty-two!" yelled Loonquawl. "Is that all you've got to show for seven and a half million years' work"
"I checked it very thoroughly," said the computer, "and that quite definitely is the answer.

----------------

If the answer was 42...

What was the Ultimate Question?

Rookeye
08-11-2014, 06:18 AM
We don't know, because the Earth* was destroyed mere minutes before it finally determined the Question.

* An enormous supercomputer, whose mere parameters Deep Thought was unworthy to calculate. ;)

What purpose does laughing serve?

DK Zenith
08-11-2014, 07:43 AM

First we must define faith and religion:

re·li·gion
riˈlijən
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

faith
fāTH
noun
complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

Then, let's look at spirituality:

"Modern spirituality is centered on the "deepest values and meanings by which people live." It embraces the idea of an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality. It envisions an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being."

These are the first definitions that come up when Googled.

By definition, science does not cater to any supreme being or God, therefore complete trust in science couldn't be considered a religion.

However, it can be considered spirituality, because you can completely trust the deepest values and meanings you live by. Deep belief in science is almost inherently spirituality.

What TV show crossover would you like to see most?? :D

DK Zenith
08-11-2014, 07:46 AM
What purpose does laughing serve?

Jebus that jumped fast. Stress relief as well as facilitating social interaction.

Also, we invite the energy we exude.

Question is up there^ ;) lol

Rookeye
08-11-2014, 10:16 AM
I'd like to see a 5th Element TV Show...not sure how they'd do it, not sure what they'd cross it with. But I want it. Oh, and Zorg must somehow not be dead, cuz his gun commercials are the best!

http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/188200778/zf_1_vneck_test_shirt.jpg?height=250&width=250&padToSquare=true

Dog or cat?

Dianish
08-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Dog or cat?

Fish.

Dogfish and catfish.

Reactions between two substances, in which one loses one or more electrons and the other gains them, are commonly referred to by what portmanteau abbreviation?

Rookeye
08-12-2014, 05:57 AM
Redox

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10744941/University-Challenge-Are-these-the-20-toughest-questions-Jeremy-Paxman-has-ever-asked.html

What do humans tend to anthropomorphize certain animals and not others?

BDK Shaun
08-13-2014, 05:08 AM
What do humans tend to anthropomorphize certain animals and not others?

Because it allows us to share a closeness with an animal that we like as opposed to distancing ourselves once we don't.

What was your favorite childhood career for later in life? Aka what did you want to be when you grow up?

Rookeye
08-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Rock Star, hands down... ;)

What prevented you from pursuing your childhood dream?

BDK Shaun
08-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Rock Star, hands down... ;)

What prevented you from pursuing your childhood dream?

Lack of skating ability, kinda necessary for an NHL goalie

Favorite guilty pleasure?

Rookeye
08-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Knights & Dragons! Seriously, watching Kids Next Door. I've loooong been a fan of Mo Willems. :)

If you could spend an hour with anyone, who would you choose?

BDK Shaun
08-13-2014, 09:11 AM
I'd love to say someone famous or important, but I'd love to have an hour with my grandfather. While he was still alive I didn't appreciate him, and now I miss hearing his stories.

Money being no object, what is your dream car

Rookeye
08-13-2014, 09:18 AM
I love these:

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/2007-tungsten-gray-mustang-gt.jpg

My husband says I'll never own a muscle car again...he knows I have a lead foot... ;) ;) ;)

Can you ride a horse? Wearing armor? ;)

BDK Shaun
08-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Have rode a horse, never worn armor much less combined the 2.

What is your favorite period of history?

Rookeye
08-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Basically anything combining horses, weapons and armor...I'm particularly fond of the Mongolian general Subedai and his plan for invading Europe, and pretty much all of Roman warfare. I'll make an exception for Patton, since he considered his mechanized units merely upgraded cavalry. ;)

Do you adore or despise "mecha" anime?

Jun-fan
08-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Kinda neutral. Actually, I haven't watched anime in many years, but when I did I thought it was great no matter what the characters were. The way the drawings were and the way the stories unfolded was so different than what I was used to.

Is a college degree overrated in today's society/economy?

Rookeye
08-13-2014, 04:24 PM
I think (a) most degrees teach more (or less) than they purport to, and in that manner are overrated, however (b) employers will continue to rely on them to separate wheat from chaff in the marketplace, so the cycle of spending on unnecessary degree(s) will continue.

Do you think there is a difference between so-called "hard sciences" and those that are perhaps less than granite? ;)

Dianish
08-13-2014, 10:41 PM
I think (a) most degrees teach more (or less) than they purport to, and in that manner are overrated, however (b) employers will continue to rely on them to separate wheat from chaff in the marketplace, so the cycle of spending on unnecessary degree(s) will continue.

Do you think there is a difference between so-called "hard sciences" and those that are perhaps less than granite? ;)

Yes, if you think of religion and more as less granite. Why? Cant elaborate further. Just makes sense in my head.

--------------------------------
Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

BDK Shaun
08-14-2014, 04:21 AM
Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Same reason we drive on a parkway and park in a driveway ;-)

Week vacation(all expenses paid) where do you go?

Dianish
08-14-2014, 05:09 AM
Same reason we drive on a parkway and park in a driveway ;-)

Week vacation(all expenses paid) where do you go?

.oO(Damn, the parkway question was my next one.)

I wouldnt go anywhere. I would give the vacation to one in need.

-----------------------------------
Can you sentence a homeless man to house arrest?

Rookeye
08-14-2014, 05:46 AM
Perhaps to "street-arrest" ;)

What are the lyrics to your favorite song?

legalious
08-14-2014, 11:42 AM
What are the lyrics to your favorite song?

Spencer Day - Movie of Your Life

Come on turn the lights down low
And sit with me in second row
Tonight they’ll show the movie of your life

The heartache and the tragedy
A light romantic comedy
You oughta see the movie of your life

Did you have a happy ever after?
Underneath the technocolor sky
Did it make you sing with joy and laughter?
Did it ever make you want to cry?
And when the final frame was fading
Did it leave you satisfied?
Or was there too much that it lacked
And did you want your money back
How did you like the movie of your life?

Come on let the camera’s roll
You wrote the lines now run the show
It’s yours to own the movie of your life

Strange and cloudy mysteries
Unravel cinematically
The beauty of the movie of your life

Then the plot begins to twist
Around the poor protagonist
And everyone’s a villain in disguise

When you hurt and if you bleed
Remember that it’s make believe
Cause in the movies no one ever dies
It’s just a

Flicker then it’s over
And they never tell you why
But boy I’m really glad I came
I hoping that you feel the same
I really love the movie of your life

Did you have a happy ever after?
Underneath the technocolor sky
Did it make you sing with joy and laughter?
Did it ever make you want to cry?
And when the final frame was fading
Did it leave you satisfied?
Did you cheer and beg for more
Or angrily walk out the door
And think of all you meant to say
Another chance a second take
You did your best, you gave your all
You made the final casting call
To save a little scene for me
And tell me that I’ll always be
A moment in the movie of your life
A moment in the movie of your life

Do you have a videogame, book or story that should be made into a movie? Which one?

BDK Shaun
08-14-2014, 12:47 PM
I would I've to see Castlevania SOTN done like Clue(1985) with multiple endings. But that is the uber nerd in me.

Which do u do first every morning, turn on the tv or check your phone?

Jun-fan
08-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Phone. My iPhone is my alarm clock, so I go from snooze to snooze to snooze to email.

eBay or Amazon?

legalious
08-14-2014, 02:37 PM
eBay or Amazon?

Amazon (Free 2 day shipping)

Magic wand or lightsaber?

BDK Shaun
08-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Magic wand or lightsaber?
Lightsaber, Endor over Hogwarts anyday

Star Wars or Star Trek

Rookeye
08-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Star Wars, if we're talking the original three films (1972, etc)

Star Trek, if we're talking ST II, IV, VI, the most recent reboot films, plus ST:TNG ;)

Ramen. Eat it with?

* Chopsticks
* Twirl it on a fork
* use your fingers
* slurp from the side of the bowl

BDK Shaun
08-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Star Wars, if we're talking the original three films (1972, etc)

Star Trek, if we're talking ST II, IV, VI, the most recent reboot films, plus ST:TNG ;)

Ramen. Eat it with?

* Chopsticks
* Twirl it on a fork
* use your fingers
* slurp from the side of the bowl

The original 3 are the only ones in my world ;-)

Fingers to test before adding seasoning, normally fork if just ramen, chopsticks if I was just using ramen in place of lo mein for a dish. And will slurp the parts too small to get with fork/chopsticks (if alone)

Favorite season?

Rookeye
08-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Autumn; everything not too cold or too hot, autumn rains making the last crops grow before winter, the leaves a fireworks display of color everywhere, and everyone coming home for Thanksgiving. It doesn't get better. :)

Were you the favorite child, growing up?

BDK Shaun
08-14-2014, 08:28 PM
I was the oldest and the smartest(not bragging) growing up but not fav:(

Burger King or McDonalds?

Dianish
08-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Burger King or McDonalds?

Neither. Read about them and you understand why.

------------------------------
If the professor on Giligan’s Island can make a radio out of coconut, why can’t he fix a hole in a boat?

BDK Shaun
08-14-2014, 08:46 PM
If I was the smartest man stuck on an island with Mary Ann and Ginger, I wouldn't fix the boat either.

More painful going to the dentist or the auto mechanic

Jun-fan
08-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Dentist. I can usually fix my car but I can't fix my teeth.

Do you call them "thongs," "slides," "flip flops," or something else?

BDK Shaun
08-14-2014, 10:48 PM
Slides if there is no toe divider, flip flops if there is and never heard them referred to as thongs.

Coke or Pepsi?

Rookeye
08-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Coke. Pepsi tastes too sweet.

What was your first GREE game? (Mine was KnD.) Is it still your first love? ;)

Dianish
08-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Coke. Pepsi tastes too sweet.

What was your first GREE game? (Mine was KnD.) Is it still your first love? ;)

KnD. Never tryed others.

-------------------------------
If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked, and dry cleaners depressed?

Rookeye
08-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Is that a real question or are you just happy to see me? ;)

What can't the Terminator cry?

Dianish
08-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Is that a real question or are you just happy to see me? ;)

What can't the Terminator cry?

Always happy to see you. You know that. Indeed it is - A real question :)

Terminator can't cry because machines dont have emotions. But he can smile ( See Terminator 2: Judgment Day Directors cut)

Every wife in the village instantly knows when a man other than her husband has cheated but does not know when her own husband has. The village has a law that does not allow for adultery. Any wife who can prove that her husband is unfaithful must kill him that very day. The women of the village would never disobey this law. One day, the queen of the village visits and announces that at least one husband has been unfaithful. What happens?

BDK Shaun
08-17-2014, 08:41 AM
Always happy to see you. You know that. Indeed it is - A real question :)

Terminator can't cry because machines dont have emotions. But he can smile ( See Terminator 2: Judgment Day Directors cut)

Every wife in the village instantly knows when a man other than her husband has cheated but does not know when her own husband has. The village has a law that does not allow for adultery. Any wife who can prove that her husband is unfaithful must kill him that very day. The women of the village would never disobey this law. One day, the queen of the village visits and announces that at least one husband has been unfaithful. What happens?

The village becomes England, ruled by women ;-)

Big city or small town?

Dianish
08-17-2014, 07:51 PM
The village becomes England, ruled by women ;-)

Big city or small town?

Big city. I live in a "big" city but prefer small town or village.

---------------------------------------------
How would you explain a database in three sentences to your 8-year-old nephew ?

Rookeye
08-18-2014, 05:25 AM
A database is a long list of information that you can arrange in different ways. You can show just part of it, or make it look pretty, but you're pulling from the original list. Some "lists of data" are done on spreadsheets, which puts all the information in little boxes across the page. ;)

Which was the superior film, Alien or Aliens? Why?

BDK Shaun
08-18-2014, 07:16 AM
I'd have to go the squeal just cause I almost though I knew what to expect and it still managed to keep me on the edge of my seat.

Always on the go or stop and smell the roses?

Dianish
08-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Always on the go or stop and smell the roses?

Always on the go. Got no time for a rose.

---------------------------------
You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?

Rookeye
08-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Climb into the well beneath the blades and hang on tight, praying it will be a short spin. ;)

When you feel nauseated: hold it in, or make it come out? :p

BDK Shaun
08-18-2014, 10:14 PM
hold it in and keep it down

Mac or PC?

Rookeye
08-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Mac...though I'm in the enemy camp right now, using PC for computer needs

Are you ever shocked at violent human behavior?

Dianish
08-19-2014, 12:41 AM
Mac...though I'm in the enemy camp right now, using PC for computer needs

Are you ever shocked at violent human behavior?

I couldnt care less - Though there might be something. But it would probably never happen.

--------------------------------------
In a country in which people only want boys.... Every family continues to have children until they have a boy. If they have a girl, they have another child. If they have a boy, they stop. What is the proportion of boys to girls in the country?

Rookeye
08-20-2014, 07:11 AM
You're asking me to do MATH?! ;) *avoids question*

When do you give up or press on?

Dianish
08-20-2014, 08:24 PM
You're asking me to do MATH?! ;) *avoids question*

When do you give up or press on?

You cant just skip it.

Answer: 50/50 - Boys and girls.

I press on when i need to make number two. I never give up - I just stop.

---------------------------------------
If:

1/2x +1/2(1/2x + 1/2(1/2x +1/2(1/2x + ... = y, then x=?

(Just to annoy Rookeye)

Rookeye
08-20-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm annoyed! I'm annoyed! *laughing*

No clue; but my calculator can prolly burble out the answer. ;)

Do you like movies in 3D? Why or why not?

Dianish
08-20-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm annoyed! I'm annoyed! *laughing*

No clue; but my calculator can prolly burble out the answer. ;)

Do you like movies in 3D? Why or why not?

X = Y ;)

No. I dont like movies in 3D.
1: Its not 3D - Doesnt make any 3D effect in my eyes. If i move my head the characters are still 2D. So why pay the extra price?
2: It flickers.
3: Dont want to wear glasses to be able to watch a movie.
4. To expensive compared to Non-3D and not worth the upgrade.
5: All of the above and probably more.

--------------------------------
Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

El Picador
08-20-2014, 09:19 PM
It would be called "dead" because I killed it :)

If you could change 1 thing in the past, what would it be?

Rookeye
08-20-2014, 09:57 PM
I would have taken the Red Pill... ;)

What is The Matrix?

Dianish
08-20-2014, 10:03 PM
What is The Matrix?

A good movie

-------------------------------
The lion, hens and roosters, wild asses, tortoises and the elephant are, in sequence, the first entities introduced in which orchestral suite of fourteen movements, composed in 1886?

BDK Shaun
08-20-2014, 11:36 PM
The carnival of the animals, Thank You Fantasia 2000. Own the soundtrack

Which is gonna kill us first WWIII or global warming (i dont think either but not the point)

Rookeye
08-21-2014, 06:59 AM
WWIII; Global Warming doesn't exist, only "Climate Change"... ;)

Are you manly enough to wear a pink shirt, or would it be salmon?