PDA

View Full Version : Full Assault VS Frontline: Gear up for the next event!

Tadaaah
06-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Hey Commanders,

We been seeing a lot of post lately on the Full Assault events. We know there were some changes you'd like to see and some confusion surrounding these events. As a result, we will be retiring the Full Assault event. Now, we are going to introduce to you a Full Assault inspired event: FRONTLINE!

The Frontline event will still a 3 VS 3 faction event on a marked map. You will still be capturing points on the map, but the scoring and many other aspects have changed. Let's break it all down!

Deployment

There will no longer be a separate deployment screen. You will be able to see all your deployable unit right there on the map!
There will now be four deployable units. Three of these units will change with the event. The fourth one will remain the same.
This means no more burning through your units!
Every time you tap on a unit a single unit will be deployed.
You will have a chargeable deployment bar to let you know how many you can deploy.

Deployable Units

Again, there will be 4 deployable unit.
3 of these units will be cash units and change with every event.
The fourth unit will be a gold unit and it can give your faction a sweet push. It is a very powerful unit.
You can purchase these units during special sales prior to the event; during the event; and earn these through other quests and goals.
You can deploy as many of each unit as you like. A click is just one deployment. You do not have to deploy each type of unit.

Scoring

There will now be faction and individual leaderboards.
Each unit has a "Power" value attached to the unit. This value will add to both your individual and faction scores.
Your individual and faction deployment points (earned from above) cannot be taken away from you or your team.
There will be additional goals to reach that will give you a bonus to your points.
This means that even if you lose a node, you can still win overall.
Each Node's Control Points are equal to the total power deployed to that Node by ALL of the Factions.
The team with the most power points will win all the points on the node!

Other Features

Quests and Goals will be added for these events to spice them up.
Chat will now be it's own tab for these events.
You can choose to chat with the War or with your Faction.
These events will only be 1 round vs Full Assault's 3.

We are excited to launch this new event and hope y'all enjoy it! Please let us know any feedback or what you're looking forward to!

The first Frontline event will be next weekend!

SimplyminiMW
06-20-2014, 01:44 PM
So if someone has a zero iph they won't be helpful on this event...not awesome

Richard79
06-20-2014, 01:45 PM
So are we able to use the units we have in our inventory

Tadaaah
06-20-2014, 01:54 PM
So are we able to use the units we have in our inventory

You will only be able to use the special units (which can be obtained in number of ways). This was implemented as a response to many players complaints on 'burning' their inventory units.

Richard79
06-20-2014, 01:56 PM
You will only be able to use the special units (which can be obtained in number of ways). This was implemented as a response to many players complaints on 'burning' their inventory units.

How do we obtain these units? During the battle only with game cash and gold? or in advance

SimplyminiMW
06-20-2014, 02:09 PM

right but you can only buy these with in game cash or gold. So it hurts those building iph or without one and benefits greatly those with extremely high iphs. Which I know will make alot of people happy, I'm just asking for a third option.

Evil Mastermind
06-20-2014, 02:31 PM
So GREE wasn't making any money off the original event is all in hearing from this announcement. Doesn't sound like an improvement to the event at all. Oh well, I didn't like FA. Will like This one even less. Sounds like I get a break next weekend ;)

Bluehavana2
06-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Unlike many others I'm gonna reserve my comments/opinions until after I see this event in action, which brings me to my suggestion...

How about a posting a video of the developers playing during final testing to give us a better idea of how all this will work?

Graves
06-20-2014, 02:50 PM

What about then giving us trash can to throw thousands of useless units?

BlackFlag13
06-20-2014, 02:52 PM
May I suggest, for those of us that have been collecting the cash units that came out in support of FA, that we be able to expend those cash units in this first war. Otherwise, in preparation for FA, I have wasted millions and have clogged up my inventory even more with cash units that I only purchased for use in FA. Thank you for considering.

06-20-2014, 02:57 PM
How will faction jumping work now? Will we be able to leave and join a new faction or leave and come back during the event or will factions be locked?

Tadaaah
06-20-2014, 02:57 PM
How do we obtain these units? During the battle only with game cash and gold? or in advance

right but you can only buy these with in game cash or gold. So it hurts those building iph or without one and benefits greatly those with extremely high iphs. Which I know will make alot of people happy, I'm just asking for a third option.

As stated in the bullet point, you can earn these through other quests and goals as prizing. They will be available prior to the event for a special sale as well.

Unlike many others I'm gonna reserve my comments/opinions until after I see this event in action, which brings me to my suggestion...

How about a posting a video of the developers playing during final testing to give us a better idea of how all this will work?

If we could get a video made/cut/edited that quickly, that would be awesome. Hopefully, we can start to do more videos in the future. Especially for these types of features. We are working on trying to grab a few screenshots.

May I suggest, for those of us that have been collecting the cash units that came out in support of FA, that we be able to expend those cash units in this first war. Otherwise, in preparation for FA, I have wasted millions and have clogged up my inventory even more with cash units that I only purchased for use in FA. Thank you for considering.

We'll pass along this feedback. Thanks.

Richard79
06-20-2014, 02:58 PM
What about then giving us trash can to throw thousands of useless units?

What he said and remove all the poxy units from my inventory that have a big fat ZERO on them

Tadaaah
06-20-2014, 03:23 PM
How will faction jumping work now? Will we be able to leave and join a new faction or leave and come back during the event or will factions be locked?

Faction will be 'locked' during the event; you can join a Faction if not in one, but if you leave a Faction you'll not be able to rejoin.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
06-20-2014, 03:41 PM
So GREE wasn't making any money off the original event is all in hearing from this announcement. Doesn't sound like an improvement to the event at all. Oh well, I didn't like FA. Will like This one even less. Sounds like I get a break next weekend ;)

Yes, you have discerned the true meaning. Good on you.

Somebody
06-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Event isn't on yet and the crying begins already. Guys why you don't just play another game if you don't like anything here? Only complaining all the way gets really booooring!

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
06-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Are these "Event Exclusive" units? Do these new Units offered during the Frontline event ADD to your inventory and stats? Once the event is over will the extra units be auto-purged?

DFI
06-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Are these "Event Exclusive" units? Do these new Units offered during the Frontline event ADD to your inventory and stats? Once the event is over will the extra units be auto-purged?

From what I recall from the beta, the units are not that strong, so would not even make my 3000. So yes, they still exist in my inventory (those remaining from the event), but I guess I should have used them all up bc you can't get rid of them later unless each event always uses the same units. So this isn't an improvement, bc you need to buy units to burn vs burning units you wanted to.

Free Ronin
06-20-2014, 10:10 PM

You fixed what wasn't broke. Now many of us have units we can use or get rid of. What would have been better is to allow mire units per deployment so the little ones we can't use could be for FA. And if players are needing to use units that matter to win in FA under the old forum, guess what, their going to lose under the new way because they aren't gold spenders.

Ozymandias
06-20-2014, 11:33 PM
You fixed what wasn't broke. Now many of us have units we can use or get rid of. What would have been better is to allow mire units per deployment so the little ones we can't use could be for FA. And if players are needing to use units that matter to win in FA under the old forum, guess what, their going to lose under the new way because they aren't gold spenders.

Or the "deployment" could have been based on attack strength, rather than messing around with units at all,,, would have been much similar

Cuombajj
06-20-2014, 11:59 PM
Looking forward to try it out. Sounds fun :)

And whoever doesn't like it just don't do it. Go do LTQ instead ;)

Maz
06-21-2014, 08:39 AM
The whole basis of this event was to help players alleviate their massive inventories. Yes I know this was never what happend, but are we ever going to be able to do this in anyway??

KarenWill
06-21-2014, 09:00 AM
More important,
Test the event before you release it

SUPpose So
06-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Having seen the beta test info and knowing that gold is the only way you can compete or win in this new event it will be the final straw for this game. Cash units are very weak. Gold units are very strong.

Glad i'm away next weekend. Good luck. Get your credit cards out.

TheBFO
06-21-2014, 03:52 PM
They did away with FA because it didn't generate gold use.

This event will. Cash units will be terribly weak and gold unit will be very strong, gree is trying to force players into using gold units only to win.

Too obvious.

ScottCSP
06-21-2014, 07:41 PM
The whole basis of this event was to help players alleviate their massive inventories. Yes I know this was never what happend, but are we ever going to be able to do this in anyway??

Why not just allow us to sell our unwanted units for some small fraction of their original purchase price? Just make boost units unsellable to alleviate that problem...

War player
06-22-2014, 04:21 AM
Suggestion. When viewing your inventory in KA, the units are sorted by strength. Can you do that for MW? It would make life easier for is that have a lot of useless units to be able to find the unit we are looking for.

corey0025
06-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Ha...we've been asking for that for two years.

polkerface
06-22-2014, 08:25 PM
There will now be four deployable units. Three of these units will change with the event. The fourth one will remain the same.
This means no more burning through your units!

I have been playing this game for about a year and a half (and checking forum on a fairly regular basis) and was halfheartedly "excited" that you guys kind of listened to the request by community to allow us to get rid of our unused/worthless units via the final assault. I saw almost immediately (apparently as did many others) that it wasn't a "true" answer to our request but more a way that Gree could make money and slightly appease the request. This new "twist" on a perceived failure (because no one used it as what they wanted but bit Gree's baited hook) completely does away with any means for us to get rid of those unused/worthless units cluttering our (still unsortable) inventories. Are there any plans to answer the request of deleting/selling/sacrificing those units or is this another in many signs that our requests mean nothing?

mikeh20
06-22-2014, 10:57 PM
God so many people crying about inventory. How much time and how many time a day could you want to rifle threw your inventory. Any unit that has any value is easy to find in your individual bonus tab. Quit crying and complaining at least gree is doing something. Start spending gold if you don't like it and if you can't play another game. I heard tetras was free.

Shrinko
06-25-2014, 01:22 AM

Are you sure that was the actual reason? May I suggest that the actual reason was to stop people from using the trick with the gold units to obtain multiple bonus units. I hope gree people filled you in on that. Gree doesn't care about complaints but you guys sure care about $$ and people getting bonus units they shouldn't get.

May I also predict that this new event is gonna be a huge disaster. If you guys at gree don't see it, you deserve what's coming.

Shrinko
06-25-2014, 07:19 AM
Btw, to the mods, if you haven't figured out why this new format of full assault will be a complete disaster and want to know before it happens, pm me and I'll let you in on a secrete.

polkerface
06-25-2014, 07:47 AM
God so many people crying about inventory. How much time and how many time a day could you want to rifle threw your inventory. Any unit that has any value is easy to find in your individual bonus tab. Quit crying and complaining at least gree is doing something. Start spending gold if you don't like it and if you can't play another game. I heard tetras was free.

My concern about inventory (and this pertains to your "at least gree is doing something) is that they provided Final Assault as a way for us to unload unwanted/useless/worthless units with the "twist" being that you were putting units up to win territories. Well, who is going to win a territory by putting up 100s of 0/1, 1/1, 1/2, etc. units? (The number(s) "100s" should clue you in to the fact that those of us with complaints about what "gree is doing" aren't afraid to use gold.) Final Assault came about because "gree was doing something" they were responding to our requests to allow us to get rid of those units. What "gree is doing" now is responding to the fact that they didn't make as much money off of gold as they thought they would/should for investing man hours in programming to fix something that could be just as easily fixed by giving us a delete or sell unit button. (If they want people to continue to use gold/cash, they could also fix the gold/cash issues where you're charged more than indicated.) Perhaps instead of inviting people with valid concerns/complaints to leave or to play a child's game (Tetris might still be beyond you), you should take some English refresher courses, read people's comments thoroughly and research where the comments originate, and chill out....this is after all still a game.

Shrinko
06-25-2014, 10:58 AM
My concern about inventory (and this pertains to your "at least gree is doing something) is that they provided Final Assault as a way for us to unload unwanted/useless/worthless units with the "twist" being that you were putting units up to win territories. Well, who is going to win a territory by putting up 100s of 0/1, 1/1, 1/2, etc. units? (The number(s) "100s" should clue you in to the fact that those of us with complaints about what "gree is doing" aren't afraid to use gold.) Final Assault came about because "gree was doing something" they were responding to our requests to allow us to get rid of those units. What "gree is doing" now is responding to the fact that they didn't make as much money off of gold as they thought they would/should for investing man hours in programming to fix something that could be just as easily fixed by giving us a delete or sell unit button. (If they want people to continue to use gold/cash, they could also fix the gold/cash issues where you're charged more than indicated.) Perhaps instead of inviting people with valid concerns/complaints to leave or to play a child's game (Tetris might still be beyond you), you should take some English refresher courses, read people's comments thoroughly and research where the comments originate, and chill out....this is after all still a game.

See, what gets to me is that gree people constantly lie about what they do and why they do it. It's obvious to anyone with at least average IQ that they changed the full assault to increase gold use and to prevent people from using their trick with gold units. So instead of telling the truth, Tadaaah says that they changes were made to address players concerns about burning the inventory. That's such a lie. How are we suppose to communicate with anyone who is lying to is?

KingDante!
06-26-2014, 09:16 AM
How many deploys do you get from 1 full deployment bar? And what is the regen rate like?

Smokes
06-26-2014, 02:53 PM
How many deploys do you get from 1 full deployment bar? And what is the regen rate like?

Now that's a relevant question.

Bobar
06-26-2014, 03:15 PM
OK, Frontline Units NOW available but for TWO DAYS only. so they wont be buyable during the whole Frontline event??

Have to correct myself: They are visible but you cannot buy them.

B.Mick
06-26-2014, 03:31 PM
You can buy them. I just bought a few hundred, money went down but no other indication they are going to stay. Hopefully I just didn't waste my cash!?

polkerface
06-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Hopefully I just didn't waste my cash!?

The ones I got from gree are showing as 0/0 units. Is anyone else having this issue? Has me going into it thinking they're a waste.

Shred
06-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Are those 4 units in store the only units we choose from to deploy. If so, there is no strategy to this. Surely everyone is going to buy and deploy the best cash unit. Except for HEAVY gold users. The prizes better be a multi boost to drop 35gold for one unit (on sale) to just throw away.

Reyj
06-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Any answer ....I bought many if the " frontline" units but can't see anywhere that shows how many I have and can't see them in inventory!?!?

askhoon
06-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Yes they are in the inventory. They are the first unit on my android. it has 0 attack/defence.

Doctor F
06-26-2014, 08:36 PM
What is the maximum number of units you can deploy?

Shrinko
06-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Are those 4 units in store the only units we choose from to deploy. If so, there is no strategy to this. Surely everyone is going to buy and deploy the best cash unit. Except for HEAVY gold users. The prizes better be a multi boost to drop 35gold for one unit (on sale) to just throw away.

It's gonna be just like ltqs - tap tap tap tap tap tap and then wait wait wait and wait for energy. Heavy gold users will inflate their accounts even further and gree will get what they wanted: $$ for heavy gold use. Tomorrow there will be 5-10 threads from people being mad about how gree destroyed full assault fun, but gree doesn't care about player experience. All they care about is $$.

Shrinko
06-26-2014, 10:39 PM
What is the maximum number of units you can deploy?

That is the million dollar question. Shhh it's a secret or maybe it's not. Maybe they haven't figured it out yet. Wouldn't be surprised if they will keep changing it tomorrow throughout the event.

Kiko Matsing
06-26-2014, 11:13 PM
The ones I got from gree are showing as 0/0 units. Is anyone else having this issue? Has me going into it thinking they're a waste.
They got no stats because they got points indicated( the tank i think is 1,700 point while the ship(35gold) is worth 12k points)

Zender
06-27-2014, 02:00 AM
A. How many tanks (or other units if worth it) are you players buying?

sraghav42
06-27-2014, 02:37 AM
Please tell us the start time of this event.....

Reyj
06-27-2014, 05:58 AM
Units are not showing up anywhere on my iPhone ...

Loo
06-27-2014, 06:03 AM
Are prizes stacking for this event?

Cuombajj
06-27-2014, 07:06 AM
Frontline XR-7 plane for front line event costs $3000 from inventory and displayed in price in store, but really costs $2500 from store.

Cuombajj
06-27-2014, 08:39 AM
Is there any point to buy deployable units before the event? Will they be available during event too? And at the same price?

etherealstorm
06-27-2014, 08:45 AM

Totally agree! The richer players have an enormous advantage, and will only get stronger. The players with low income will get nowhere. It seems GREE has a thing for making the strong, (and cheaters) prosper.

Doctor F
06-27-2014, 10:05 AM
You guys forget that it's Gree we are talking about here..it's all about how to make sure Only SUP is Allowed To Win..wins. I have a bad feeling that it's one unit one deploy considering you get 250 deploys. So then it's going to be the most gold wins. I'll bet IPH won't make much of a difference, they had to change the event since Only SUP is Allowed to Win came in 12th in the last Full Assault event. That's just a prediction here but we'll see.

xxxfff
06-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Yes how dare they run an event where stronger people have an advantage, haha.

Build up IPH... that's a good thing.

Free Ronin
06-27-2014, 12:35 PM

This is stupid that you responded to some idiots that don't know how to manage their game. Now they can burn through there gold and cash to participate. Now they buy worthless units to play instead of buying units that will improve their player and getting rid of worthless units. This is a blatant money grab, this is no improvement on preventing inventory from burning".

DV8
06-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Frontline is horrible. This event is a money pit that you just throw units in, one after the other, with little to no strategy. Bring back Full Assault. Full Assault was more interesting, engaging, and a lot more fun. Frontline is as sad of an attempt to remake something that was perfectly fine as New Coke was.

Free Ronin
06-27-2014, 12:46 PM
I agree Frontline, right now the forum is more interesting than the current event.

Doctor F
06-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Looks like my prediction was 100% dead on.

Big she'd
06-27-2014, 11:32 PM
The event is a farce , I foolishly spent a vault buying carriers to win a war for my faction , used 50 of them up , we won that war and what reward did we get 1 carrier with a strength of 12 k , if we came second we would have got 42500 worth of strength , how can that possibly be right

Steven536
06-29-2014, 10:07 AM
If I had to choose between the 2 events, I prefer Full Assault. It was a great way to use up old units and gave you the flexibility to use game cash on big units to push for the win. I thought it was a great event and had fun with it.

TheBFO
06-29-2014, 10:11 AM
I prefer FA over this garbage.

jeffvan
06-30-2014, 12:46 AM
So did anyone else 'purchase' some gold ships by accident? Due to some lag and my over aggressive button pushing to try and deploy as many tanks as possible in the limited time, my fat finger hit the next unit down and then hit again which then purchased 100 of those gold worthless ships! No confirmation dialog and again an inconsistency with the rest of the game. Just wish there was some sort of quality checking going on here Gree!

Spetsnaz
07-03-2014, 05:12 AM
I understand that there were many people who did not like the old Full Assault. Those who did not like it were not required to play it but at least they were able to go in and see which units they had in their armies. These people were able to see the weakest units, that they were bringing to battle, and were able to make strategies in order to strengthen their armies. This aspect of the event was well worth it for me to have the event. This new event has nothing for me. I won't even open up this event and I have more then enough of an iph to buy the most expensive in-game cash units.

You know what Gree. THANK YOU... Now that I think about it... I am kind of happy that Gree has created this new event. This will now give me a few days off to relax in between all of these events that are back to back. This down-time is well worth the loss of being able to know what is my weakest link in my army. I will not participate, like so many I will put my feet up and relax.

Thank you Gree

Danger Mouse
07-03-2014, 06:38 AM
It's like the relentless procession of events that only give attack or defence bonus. Even events that only give health or energy bonus to the top 3. Why bother playing? How do they really add to the game playing experience unless you're already in the top 3? Might as well take a few days off for those events as well.

DK!
07-03-2014, 09:09 PM
So did anyone else 'purchase' some gold ships by accident? Due to some lag and my over aggressive button pushing to try and deploy as many tanks as possible in the limited time, my fat finger hit the next unit down and then hit again which then purchased 100 of those gold worthless ships! No confirmation dialog and again an inconsistency with the rest of the game. Just wish there was some sort of quality checking going on here Gree!

I agree with you. Gold purchases should require confirmation and the confirmation button should be placed elsewhere on the screen to prevent accidental purchases.

On a separate note … You bought 100 carriers? At 35 gold each … that's 3500 gold … okay, less with the bulk discount. Still, that's a lot of real moolah that you're dropping.

mikeh20
07-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah I did doing the same thing. Mashing buttons to deploy tanks and before you know it you just bought 100 cramps worthless ships I don't want. Been fighting it sense the moment I did but you know green. No refunds. Telling you what not that they care but I can use my money somewhere else where it actually shows and I make a purchase I want.

warraw
07-13-2014, 01:43 AM
At the rate Gree screws up, how would we even be sure that the points tally via the various deployments are added up correctly?

How can we even be sure that the WD points we score are added up correctly to the total faction contribution?

I fast tracked the completion of building upgrade this morning. It stated 9 gold needed at the 1hour 50mins mark. When I pressed the "finish now" button, I had 10 gold deducted instead of 9.

Sent in a ticket to claim back 1 gold. Every gold counts since they refused to refund the 2450 gold that was mistakenly used to purchase the ship during the frontline event.

They were however very quick to refund all the gold when they mistakenly offered a 6k air unit for just 1 gold months back.

Think about it? The hypocrisy and ethics of a company named Gree.

tanevin_goldner
07-13-2014, 11:46 AM
What about regen time. It sucked last Front line.