PDA

View Full Version : Policy on returning a stolen syndicate to original owner and leader

BrisingrBoss
06-19-2014, 10:28 AM
Mods please answer me this: what is the policy for returning ownership to the original owner and creator if a syndicate??? is there a timeline for which that can be done? is there any policy at all? is it a casa by case scenario? does it depend if the leadership was passed on by accident, or if it was supposed to be temporary and the temporary person decided to keep it???

P>S> please I'm not trying to create a flame thread. this type of questions always seems to come up, and there are always people complaining that someone stole their syndicate, so an answer here might help. personally, i think the original account that created the syn should always have the right to come back if it wants regardless of how many times they passed it around.

Dipstik
06-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Pretty much every SAS syndicate started out with a thread that went sort of like this: "Hey anyone got a syndicate they're not using anymore? We'll give you [insert something worthless] if you give it to us!" Good luck getting any of them back.

Sorry, but no one's going to get involved in your internal syndicate issues. If you don't give up power, no one can take it against your will.

Tadaaah
06-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey there OP,

We do have a policy on when we are able to step in to change leadership for syndicates. The current leader either needs to be inactive for 14 days or in breach of our Terms of Service. At this point, we will then transfer the leadership to the most continuous senior member (the member that has been in the syndicate the longest continuously, not syndicate hopping).

Additionally, it may be wise to note, we do not get involved with player disputes. Example: They said they would give us X if we gave them leadership, but they lied.

Dipstik
06-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Heh... is there any rule on who gets to bring it to your attention, Tadaaah?

I'm envisioning an evil plan to become the longest continuous member of a syndicate and just wait... EVENTUALLY the leader will go awol for 2 weeks, and then I strike! I love running the long con.

BrisingrBoss
06-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the prompt answer.

so basically returning leadership to an original leader after for example vacation time, or someone was supposed to be temporary and decided to just keep it, is out of the question? if that is so, maybe there should be a way to allow officers to vote somehow on people to boot, for example allow minimum of 3 officers to vote to boot someone, so to not need the leader to be present to boot. this is the main reason people transfer the leadership gets transferred. or maybe allow leader to assign a second, which would also have power to boot, buy hideouts and upgrades, so leader would never really need to pass it on, as there is always someone else that can do it. or even allow leaders to choose what officers can do, but officers with power to boot shouldn't be able to promote or demote accounts ever, or boot a fellow officer. I don't know I guess allow leader to give and choose what officers can do might help on a lot of those tickets. The main thing here is: the lack of flexibility creates a problem, and then we have a ton of people with these kind of issues. if we could just assign what officers can do, we would never have to change leadership. I've had that happen a while ago, while i had to step out of leadership due to not being able to log on to the game to do my duties for a while, and i couldn't assign such duties to officers, when i came back, the person that i left on refused to return it to me. now that syndicate is pretty much abandoned with a bunch of sleeper accounts, while i had to start over with a new one. would be nice to get that back specially since i know they don't play. the game at all, just sit around. in any case, if i had been able to just give some privileges to certain officers, i would have never needed to pass it on.

Maybe if you could set the creator as owner and the creator is always owner until he decides to pass it on(with at least 2-3 confirmation clicks) and also the creator gets to choose who will be leader. So if creator wants he can choose someone else to lead while he retains ownership. and while he is the owner he can still change the leader to whomever he wants. just a thought. like for example tag the creator of a syndicate as such when he creates it, and as such he always owns it regardless. and he can choose to pass leadership to anybody he wants, and can take it back anytime he wants.

Simon.
06-20-2014, 02:50 AM
I think that constitutes internal syndicate issues mate... Tadaaah answered your question
We do have a policy on when we are able to step in to change leadership for syndicates. The current leader either needs to be inactive for 14 days or in breach of our Terms of Service. At this point, we will then transfer the leadership to the most continuous senior member (the member that has been in the syndicate the longest continuously, not syndicate hopping).

Additionally, it may be wise to note, we do not get involved with player disputes. Example: They said they would give us X if we gave them leadership, but they lied.

mxz
06-20-2014, 07:52 AM
Is there a reason its the longest member and not officer?

We've had leaders drop in my MW faction without transferring leadership and I always figured the account it defaulted to was because it was the longest running officer.

Morgz
06-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Is there a reason its the longest member and not officer?

We've had leaders drop in my MW faction without transferring leadership and I always figured the account it defaulted to was because it was the longest running officer.
I kind of like that its the longest running consecutive member, and not officer. This is an extreme example, but what if the former leader changed officers very frequently, and the longest running officer had only been there a month or two, but then there are members who had been in the syn a year or longer. I know that's a silly example that probably isn't too realistic -- but if I had been in a syn for a year, and leadership changed hands to an officer that had been there much less time than me, I might be a bit miffed (maybe) -- all depends on what direction they took I suppose.

Rookeye
06-20-2014, 08:04 AM
Heh... is there any rule on who gets to bring it to your attention, Tadaaah?

I'm envisioning an evil plan to become the longest continuous member of a syndicate and just wait... EVENTUALLY the leader will go awol for 2 weeks, and then I strike! I love running the long con.

^ This. Awesome. ;)

I like the "3+ people voting new leadership", but to prevent a coup, wouldn't they--of necessity--need to be some of the longest standing members?