PDA

View Full Version : Checking if Gree

Keapa
06-18-2014, 02:00 AM
Just checking, has Gree posted its guarantee that the game is 100% clear of cheaters and hackers and it's safe for syndicates to add players??

sister morphine
06-18-2014, 04:24 AM
Yeah, that's gonna happen. There's still huge numbers of former time travelers around who are presumably now enjoying their ill-gotten gains regardless of the "nasty surprise" when Gree blocked the cheat.

TMI
06-18-2014, 06:10 AM
I think adding players is at your own risk.

Not sure if you're asking a serious question or trolling?

CuoreBianconero
06-18-2014, 07:01 AM
Big lol. The game is FULL of CHEATERS. Say its a lie - believe what you want. Open your Eyes guys - its no Contest even more no reason to spend real money in that game no fair chances.

Long Live West London
06-18-2014, 08:21 AM
Just checking, has Gree posted its guarantee that the game is 100% clear of cheaters and hackers and it's safe for syndicates to add players??

mate if you think gree is gonna do something about the hacks you are mistaken

Rookeye
06-18-2014, 08:39 AM
How could GREE do that? Seriously?

Keapa
06-18-2014, 08:45 AM
No, I was referring to this post! where the question had been asked! but goodness only knows what happened, if anything

Have they been checked out? If so what was the result? Etc....

#Thanks for the list!

Please take a look at #162 EnternationalMafiaFamilia. That's a one man syn that scored over 1.8M IP. This player is L214 and has a defense of 4.2M. I don't wanna call anyone a cheater, but you should probably investigate that account.#

Tadaaah
06-18-2014, 10:10 AM
We do not discuss the outcomes of our investigation similar it how we don't discuss your support tickets, forum moderation, etc.

Please report any player you suspect of abusing any in-game system and we'll investigate. Thank you.

Keapa
06-18-2014, 11:05 AM
But that's the point, does making a post, such as the one I just copied constitute reporting.
And if nothing is said or listed by Gree how can players know who may be a questionable / suspect player and by adding them they may be putting a syndicate at risk

Not discussing. Or saying a player is clean...then why should Gree make a syndicate responsible for that player when only Gree knows anything about.

Tadaaah
06-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Please report by using the ticket system. Thank you. A post to the forums does not constitute as a direct report.

Keapa
06-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Very good, so once a player has been reported then Gree is fully responsible for keeping that player in the game.

Tadaaah
06-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Very good, so once a player has been reported then Gree is fully responsible for keeping that player in the game.

Please keep in mind that not all investigation are open and closed. Some investigations take longer than others and others even longer. If you still see a player later on, feel free to report them again. Just because a player has passed once, doesn't give them a free slate for the future.

Additionally, providing as much information as possible is very important in these investigations. Just sending in something that says, "X is cheating." or "X is a hacker." doesn't offer any assistance.

TheJess
06-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Please keep in mind that not all investigation are open and closed. Some investigations take longer than others and others even longer. If you still see a player later on, feel free to report them again. Just because a player has passed once, doesn't give them a free slate for the future.

Additionally, providing as much information as possible is very important in these investigations. Just sending in something that says, "X is cheating." or "X is a hacker." doesn't offer any assistance.

I reported a clearly hacked account, using the ticket system, with multiple screenshots. Now around two months later, that account still is active. I understand this is not a unique experience at all. This may be why you see a diminution of confidence in the ticket system.

fuzzy
06-18-2014, 12:23 PM
No, I was referring to this post! where the question had been asked! but goodness only knows what happened, if anything

Have they been checked out? If so what was the result? Etc....

#Thanks for the list!

Please take a look at #162 EnternationalMafiaFamilia. That's a one man syn that scored over 1.8M IP. This player is L214 and has a defense of 4.2M. I don't wanna call anyone a cheater, but you should probably investigate that account.#

maybe that player bought gold in China for that war :p

namedud
06-18-2014, 12:58 PM

Statements such as this one:

We've already got something like that. If you put the word "cheater" or "hacker" into the body of the ticket, it shows up in a special view on our side. A very large portion of our support staff's overall time is spent investigating those (as has been mentioned before on here, the VAST majority of cheat reports we get are someone who isn't cheating).

... have resulted in a widespread feeling that cheat reports are closed before they are even open. More importantly, however, this statement suggests that all players should be considered innocent until proven guilty, leaving full responsibility on Gree should a syndicate unwillingly or unknowingly become involved with a player of questionable status.

Rookeye
06-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Please report by using the ticket system. Thank you. A post to the forums does not* constitute as a direct report.

This is helpful. Thank you.

* emphasis mine

Keapa
06-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Once a ticket has been submitted and the player investigated Gree should at the very least should say
1: player cleared
2: further investigation required
3: player guilty

To say nothing except we don't give results does not reassure players that their complaint is being acted upon.

Rookeye
06-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Once a ticket has been submitted and the player investigated Gree should at the very least should say
1: player cleared
2: further investigation required
3: player guilty

To say nothing except we don't give results does not reassure players that their complaint is being acted upon.

True. And it's not fair for anyone to say, "this or that group KNOWS so-and-so is a hacker" unless it's beyond blatant. (How can anyone be inside anyone else's head? Bad actions will eventually come to light, but most hackers are not in the business of pre-advertising...) :rolleyes:

Going forward, what does GREE expect of its players? What can the players expect of GREE?

Simon.
06-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Oh, so reading between the lines, what you're actually asking Gree to do is to wear it if they cleared someone and to not penalise your syndicate if you 'accidently' invite a hacker or person with a hacked account into the Syn? What's next? Before you admit any new member to the Syndicate you'll be asking Gree to vet them for you, or telling Gree you think they're a cheater and they'll give them the Ok so the Syn can't held liable? Gree maybe a little slow, but they're not dumb! I can see it now, you sook to Gree "We want to add Account blah but we think he is a cheater - check it out!", Gree gives the OK, then they cheat after they've joined. You'll then say "but you told me they weren't a cheater Gree, we only let good, fine standing citizens in and you provided the reference check! you can't penalise the syndicate for that!"

No, way off target?

Keapa
06-18-2014, 09:49 PM
I am saying how can players be expected to know if a player is a cheater

If they are and players have reported that player to Gree then Gree would be in a position to say
1: no complaints made
2: reported but cleared
3: add at your own risk

Keapa
06-18-2014, 09:51 PM
But yes. Gree is responsible to make sure the game is free of cheaters. If they give the wrong advice, as in any business then they have to bear the blame.

sister morphine
06-18-2014, 10:21 PM
But yes. Gree is responsible to make sure the game is free of cheaters. If they give the wrong advice, as in any business then they have to bear the blame.
Agreed. Sadly we all know there are cheaters and there are cheaters; the big spending ones have to do something pretty drastic to get banned. They usually just get reset..... with all their gold intact. :(

namedud
06-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Agreed. Sadly we all know there are cheaters and there are cheaters; the big spending ones have to do something pretty drastic to get banned. They usually just get reset..... with all their gold intact. :(

And most of the "resets" consider that a gift rather than a punishment. Maybe big spending cheats should just go straight to level 250. Skip all the level up refills, skip all the "easy" event tiers, etc.

Keapa
06-18-2014, 11:24 PM
I never know why they bothered.

namedud
06-19-2014, 12:15 AM
I'd say the same, but it isn't difficult to figure out if you've become used to some of the backwards thinking that goes on.

The reason they bother is, doing something looks better than doing nothing, and resetting a player's level will almost certainly remove them from your rivals list. Meaning they get to keep a customer and you think they got rid of a cheater. Technically they did "deal" with the situation, but I haven't seen anything, anywhere, that says "making a deal with" is any different than "dealing with" a cheater.

sister morphine
06-19-2014, 02:50 AM
The reset I can live with, but they should not get the gold back again.

Gungho
06-19-2014, 03:37 AM
GREE should find hackers not the players in the game, and punish that player, not a Whole syndicate.

Why is it resonable to spend Money on a game, only to get the prize removed if Theres one hacker in a synd... I dont have time or knowledge to check 59 other members what weapons they have, or what Buildings they have, got plenty to do on finalizing events like PVP.

GREE has the code, they should be able to find the offenders.

Rookeye
06-19-2014, 06:25 AM
It's not "punishing" the syndicate...it's removing the points gained by cheating. Simple, simple.

But it should be the same across the board; if GREE does this to one Syndicate, it should do it to all.