PDA

View Full Version : Who in Gree had the brilliant idea of running a PVP during midweek?

Captain Torgue
06-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Seriously, its the middle of the week and the PVP only goes for 24 hours. Its probably best to release PVPs on the weekend when people actually have time to complete them.

Nighteg
06-18-2014, 01:57 AM
Most ignore them ever since they removed the leaderboard anyway. So who cares when they're released.

Gungho
06-18-2014, 04:01 AM
Seriously, its the middle of the week and the PVP only goes for 24 hours. Its probably best to release PVPs on the weekend when people actually have time to complete them.

And same problem as last time, lvl 250 players running out of targets to hit, as they are beat up. Will be difficult NeXT to imposible to complete.

8 Hours of sleep and preparing for work
8 Hours of transport and work
8 Hours to beat up crazy amount of enemies while eating, possible mission impossible LOL

evj
06-18-2014, 04:59 AM

Use less time here and more in game. Problem solved.

Captain Torgue
06-18-2014, 05:16 AM
Use less time here and more in game. Problem solved.

Thank you for this brilliant piece of advice. If it weren't for this there was no way I was going to finish PVP.

evj
06-18-2014, 05:28 AM
Thank you for this brilliant piece of advice. If it weren't for this there was no way I was going to finish PVP.

Glad to help. If u had used less time on yr animal addiction and stopped serving special milk to old ladies, u would even be finished before time :)

TheWarthog
06-18-2014, 06:46 AM
The time is the real issue. I got it to lvl 5/14 and have to win 100 fights to complete. No problem wining 100 fights, but that is 2.5x my stamina. So gold, then time to fight 100, then more gold, then time to fight 150, then more gold (4 to complete that one). I'm guessing lvl 7 is 200 wins. Lvl 8 250 and so forth. Seriously (no offense evj) but if you have time to complete an event like this, you need to put down the game and find a life.

sister morphine
06-18-2014, 08:04 AM
The time is the real issue. I got it to lvl 5/14 and have to win 100 fights to complete. No problem wining 100 fights, but that is 2.5x my stamina. So gold, then time to fight 100, then more gold, then time to fight 150, then more gold (4 to complete that one). I'm guessing lvl 7 is 200 wins. Lvl 8 250 and so forth. Seriously (no offense evj) but if you have time to complete an event like this, you need to put down the game and find a life.
The time or the tedium? I find doing the 50 for level 2 hits my boredom threshold.

EDIT: the 25 for level 2, sorry! :p

Long Live West London
06-18-2014, 08:06 AM
The time or the tedium? I find doing the 50 for level 2 hits my boredom threshold.

EDIT: the 25 for level 2, sorry! :p

Youre quite the insignificant brainless twit. lay of the morphine ffs

TheWarthog
06-18-2014, 09:19 AM
The time or the tedium?

The only possible redeaming quality of the brainlessness of this thing is the ability to use peripheral vision to tap whilst watching TV before bed. It takes no real attention once a target is found. So I suppose tedius time would be your answer. ;-)

Tadaaah
06-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We'll be sure to pass this along.

namedud
06-18-2014, 01:13 PM

Additional feedback:

It doesn't matter when a PvP event is held because the prizes worth obtaining are available exclusively to players using gold... That being said, none of the prizes actually matter because stats are almost completely meaningless with the current rivals list matching system.

The best PvP tournaments were the PvP syndicate showdown, with syndicate and individual leaderboard, and battle points earned by robbing and/or attacking rivals. These "old style" PvP events with goal completion prizes rather than event placement prizes are just boring. There are enough LTQs released with exactly the same premise (tap here X number of times to win a prize) that these PvP LTQs are tedious and redundant. The leaderboard PvP tournaments at least involve a small sliver of skill.

Smuuve
06-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Tadaah, why no leaderboard?

Nighteg
06-18-2014, 04:01 PM

Tadaaah, please read this topic i created once. It's as relevant today as it was back then.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?85276-PvP-poll-do-you-want-the-leaderboard-back

We want the original PVPs back. Not this nonsense.

kimberleyj
06-18-2014, 04:10 PM
the weapons for the pvp was useless . i liked the pvp where the syn all had to attack x amount of people to get the weapon.

namedud
06-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Tadaaah, please read this topic i created once. It's as relevant today as it was back then.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?85276-PvP-poll-do-you-want-the-leaderboard-back

We want the original PVPs back. Not this nonsense.

These ARE the original PvPs! Or did you mean the PvPs where players had to track their own win total to estimate how many wins they had, and then wait for a winners list posted by Gree after the event?

You keep asking for original PvPs, and when you get them you keep saying it's not good enough and want the event to be the way it was "originally". I am starting to think, that perhaps, you keep using that word but aren't aware of its meaning.

The Syndicate Showdown PvP was a suped-up and hugely improved version of PvP events. This is the event you're trying to ask for and it is the newest version of PvP events, not the original version. When you ask for and receive an original PvP, like the one we just had, and then complain about it, chances are whatever ears may have been listening to player requests start thinking, "those people have no frickin clue what they want, so let's just do what we want."

Nighteg
06-19-2014, 03:32 AM
These ARE the original PvPs! Or did you mean the PvPs where players had to track their own win total to estimate how many wins they had, and then wait for a winners list posted by Gree after the event?

You keep asking for original PvPs, and when you get them you keep saying it's not good enough and want the event to be the way it was "originally". I am starting to think, that perhaps, you keep using that word but aren't aware of its meaning.

The Syndicate Showdown PvP was a suped-up and hugely improved version of PvP events. This is the event you're trying to ask for and it is the newest version of PvP events, not the original version. When you ask for and receive an original PvP, like the one we just had, and then complain about it, chances are whatever ears may have been listening to player requests start thinking, "those people have no frickin clue what they want, so let's just do what we want."

What on earth are you talking about? The Syndicate Showdown PvP was the very first PVP event we had. (the one where they reversed the rewards). I can't recall any PVP events before that.

namedud
06-19-2014, 03:49 AM
What on earth are you talking about? The Syndicate Showdown PvP was the very first PVP event we had. (the one where they reversed the rewards). I can't recall any PVP events before that.

I'm sorry, really, but I can't think of a more appropriate response:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/207/234/you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

-Batman-
06-19-2014, 08:03 AM
Love these pvp events the most was more annoyed it was only on 24 hrs only but manage to get to 8/14

1Shot
06-19-2014, 08:14 AM
I couldn't finish the event only have 30 stamina. I use most my SP towards energy.

Sammo the Kid
06-19-2014, 09:53 AM
Not worth the xp

TZora
06-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Most ignore them ever since they removed the leaderboard anyway. So who cares when they're released.
+1

white characters