PDA

View Full Version : Star metal EB?

Skater
06-17-2014, 06:25 AM
Anybody else think it would be cool to fight a star metal EB? Most of these EBs we fight now are just to easy. I mean... I have one epic, Northerners, and I'm still getting to lvl 43+ on this Earth/Wind EB. Give us a challenge Gree. Let us fight something that can only be countered with another Star metal armor. Make this EB so only the most powerful of players can get the plus version. Not some lvl 50 who's going spend a lousy 100 gems. A game is suppose to take skill to win. Not money. Also, i think this would be a great collective peace. Dont hold back on the hate. I'm ready for it. Lol

Sol Invictus
06-17-2014, 07:22 AM
A game is suppose to take skill to win. Not money.

http://i.imgur.com/U00hRf0.gif

EljayK
06-17-2014, 08:03 AM
Anybody else think it would be cool to fight a star metal EB? Most of these EBs we fight now are just to easy. I mean... I have one epic, Northerners, and I'm still getting to lvl 43+ on this Earth/Wind EB. Give us a challenge Gree. Let us fight something that can only be countered with another Star metal armor. Make this EB so only the most powerful of players can get the plus version. Not some lvl 50 who's going spend a lousy 100 gems. A game is suppose to take skill to win. Not money. Also, i think this would be a great collective peace. Dont hold back on the hate. I'm ready for it. Lol

Firstly, starmetal doesn't counter starmetal.

Second, money would be the ONLY thing that won against a starmetal boss. Nothing would do extra damage, only the most powerful epics would be viable. All of your armors would be equally effective, which is the antithesis of skill.

A lousy 100 gems on a level 50 to get to level 43 of EB? Terrible assumptious math.

Skater
06-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Firstly, starmetal doesn't counter starmetal.

Second, money would be the ONLY thing that won against a starmetal boss. Nothing would do extra damage, only the most powerful epics would be viable. All of your armors would be equally effective, which is the antithesis of skill.

A lousy 100 gems on a level 50 to get to level 43 of EB? Terrible assumptious math.

Star metal doesn't counter? And you cant really tell me 100 gems cant get to lvl 43.... I just did it with my alt.

Jun-fan
06-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Barring the starmetal vs. starmetal and gems debate, I think usefulness would come into play here as well. If I win this particular starmetal EB armor, so what? I may have something stronger on my main knight already, so having this, plus or non-plus, wouldn't help me unless I can use it on another knight. If this starmetal EB idea were to happen, Gree would have to remove the restriction on who gets to wear starmetal armors. If it's limited to your main knight only, then this would be useless for anyone with an epic or a strong legendary, unless we use it as fusion fodder.

Skater
06-17-2014, 09:20 AM
I honestly wouldn't care if it happened or not. Id just like to see something different. Tired of finishing the EB in 2 1/2 days. I want something that will counter all my knights and make me work. This is suppose to be an EPIC BOSS. It's not spose to be easy. Would like to see an admin get in on this and see what he thinks of the idea. Could at least give it a try.

Rookeye
06-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Congratulations on being über strong and able to fly through the EBs like nothin'...some of us aren't there yet. ;)

Jun-fan
06-17-2014, 09:54 AM
I want something that will counter all my knights and make me work. This is suppose to be an EPIC BOSS. It's not spose to be easy.

Maybe this can be made into some kind of a special challenge or quest, where you have to beat successive bosses and end up fighting a starmetal EB. It could almost be like the Kingdom of Darkness but without the minions, and instead of an easy boss at each level, have throwback EBs at a high level (43+ maybe?) for three levels, and end up with the starmetal EB. You'd have to figure out how to spread the material drops out, but if you made this something you have to beat over and over again, this could end up being a challenge:

--Beat throwback EB 1, collect throwback material
--Beat throwback EB 2, collect throwback material
--Take a break to recover knights' energy
--Beat throwback EB 3, collect throwback material
--Beat starmetal EB, collect some starmetal material
--Take another break to recover
--Repeat until you have enough for a non-plus version
--Craft and level up non-plus version
--Repeat throwback/starmetal set until you have enough for the plus version

If this were a LTQ, give this maybe a week or just enough where you have to constantly fight to collect materials in time to craft before the deadline. It could even be made more challenging by rotating/randomizing the throwback EBs on a daily basis, so you don't know who's coming up the next time you try to complete the challenge.

For the super strong, this may not be too difficult a challenge, but for those looking for their first epic or are looking to make up for some missing EB materials, this may give them something to do.

Skater
06-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Maybe this can be made into some kind of a special challenge or quest, where you have to beat successive bosses and end up fighting a starmetal EB. It could almost be like the Kingdom of Darkness but without the minions, and instead of an easy boss at each level, have throwback EBs at a high level (43+ maybe?) for three levels, and end up with the starmetal EB. You'd have to figure out how to spread the material drops out, but if you made this something you have to beat over and over again, this could end up being a challenge:

--Beat throwback EB 1, collect throwback material
--Beat throwback EB 2, collect throwback material
--Take a break to recover knights' energy
--Beat throwback EB 3, collect throwback material
--Beat starmetal EB, collect some starmetal material
--Take another break to recover
--Repeat until you have enough for a non-plus version
--Craft and level up non-plus version
--Repeat throwback/starmetal set until you have enough for the plus version

If this were a LTQ, give this maybe a week or just enough where you have to constantly fight to collect materials in time to craft before the deadline. It could even be made more challenging by rotating/randomizing the throwback EBs on a daily basis, so you don't know who's coming up the next time you try to complete the challenge.

For the super strong, this may not be too difficult a challenge, but for those looking for their first epic or are looking to make up for some missing EB materials, this may give them something to do.

Now this what I'm talking about! It actually gives us something to do and strategize against with a bit of a challenge too. In this way, it's just not handed out to us. We fight for it. I mean honestly, who here can get through the first 15 lvls of an EB with just 1 or 2 knights? Just about everybody. I would deffinatly not mind needing to use all my knights to kill an EB. It'd be well worth it and much fun!

EljayK
06-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Doesn't matter. People will still complain.

Bosses are too easy.

Bosses are too hard.

Doesn't matter.

Buy gems, get in t10 guild, or find new game. Those are only options.

Konny
06-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Well you get enough material for 2 +armours if you beat the boss 60 times. Did you ever beat a boss 60 times?

Skater
06-18-2014, 07:40 AM
Well you get enough material for 2 +armours if you beat the boss 60 times. Did you ever beat a boss 60 times?

50 times. But after that i just decided it wasn't worth having the same armor 3 times

Rookeye
06-24-2014, 05:17 PM
There is another alternative: Stand on the sidelines, bet of the horses and pass the popcorn... ;)

Reversal
06-24-2014, 05:40 PM
A Starmetal Epic Boss would be worth it in my opinion only if you would be capable of wear the Starmetal Armor on your non-main knights as well.
I personally really dislike to wear my Green Kaleidoscopic on to my main knight simply due to the fact I'm missing out on a potential powerhouse.

legalious
06-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Just more starmetal in general would be fantastic.

I think I found who has it:

http://i.imgur.com/4L3wHM7.jpg

Rookeye
06-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Does it only come in "regular" and green varieties? Serious question; I haven't encountered either version yet.

EljayK
06-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Does it only come in "regular" and green varieties? Serious question; I haven't encountered either version yet.

Starmetal Kaleidoscope Raiment, Black Kaleidoscope, Red Kaleidoscope, Green Kaleidoscope, Bronze Chromatic, Silver Chromatic, and of course the plus versions of all of those.

Rookeye
06-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Hmm...why do I only hear about Green all the time then? Is it the most easily obtainable? :confused:

EljayK
06-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Hmm...why do I only hear about Green all the time then? Is it the most easily obtainable? :confused:

Probably just because it's the most recent. Bronze and Silver were GW rewards. Black is extremely outdated, starmetal original was never good, despite being an achievement, and red was an obvious joke the day it was released.

Starmetal is general is a terrible idea for a game with a star-cross alignment base. It has to tread a dangerous line between being way too strong, or useless entirely. With the speed at which power creeps in KnD, and the lack of variety in armors in general, (meaning that there is literally only 1 armor with each combinations of stats due to the power creep), starmetal cannot stay in this line, and so is always useless. If it were overpowered, or even 'on par' it would ensure GMs a win too often, and would be completely unfair.

I would personally suggest a starmetal/single element armor. It receives no extra damage from other armors, including its normal weakness, and does the 50% to it's normal advantage. However, the way the game is set up, it would most likely require an entire re-work to make it plausible with current mechanics.

Rookeye
06-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Wot about armor with a triple-element base? Half-Starmetal, as it were. To keep it from being too powerful, it uses 2 elements all the time, and randomly it will pop with the third, but it truly is random, just like the "misses" in battle. Not controllable. When it pops, it's VERY good, but... ;)

King Lou
06-26-2014, 05:30 PM

You contradicted yourself. If you want it to be skill then you can not make it where only the best armor in game will beat it because then you are making it where everyone would have to spend thousands of dollars trying to get best armor out of chests. This would then make it a game of money with luck. This is a pretty stupid idea if you ask me man. Sorry to hate, but you asked for the hate.

King Lou
06-26-2014, 05:34 PM
You contradicted yourself. If you want it to be skill then you can not make it where only the best armor in game will beat it because then you are making it where everyone would have to spend thousands of dollars trying to get best armor out of chests. This would then make it a game of money with luck. This is a pretty stupid idea if you ask me man. Sorry to hate, but you asked for the hate.

Here's a better idea, why don't you make a multi boss eb, where there are 2 ebs you have to beat? Obviously you cant make them as strong because there would be 2 of them but you can make something cool with the idea behind it. Then it becomes a little more skill trying to lineup your armor and knowing where to put them for counter elements versus weaknesses. Just saying if you want skill this would make more sense.

Dianish
06-26-2014, 05:52 PM

I would like to see you reach 60 kills so you can craft 2 + versions and harvest the rewards. 43 kills is only the "soft cap". Reaching 60 does not only require great armor but also skills in timing and calculate how to use your friends in order to get enough kills everyday without wasting energy.

I challenge you...

Skater
06-27-2014, 12:23 PM
I would like to see you reach 60 kills so you can craft 2 + versions and harvest the rewards. 43 kills is only the "soft cap". Reaching 60 does not only require great armor but also skills in timing and calculate how to use your friends in order to get enough kills everyday without wasting energy.

I challenge you...

Will do. Next EB though. Not this one. I havnt started on this one because i dont really care for it. But I'll have lvl 60 by next friday. And armor crafted by the following tuesday. I need to know how to post pics though. Suggestion on resizing apps?

Rookeye
06-27-2014, 12:32 PM
I use tinypic.com on the Message Board upload setting. You don't have to have an account with them to use it.

Dianish
06-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Will do. Next EB though. Not this one. I havnt started on this one because i dont really care for it. But I'll have lvl 60 by next friday. And armor crafted by the following tuesday. I need to know how to post pics though. Suggestion on resizing apps?

You sound confident..

Confident as in: "Im gonna spend gems to reach 60 kills before friday".

Dont ruin the challenge... Its not a challenge if you are going to spend gems. Everything is easy with gems. I thought it was quite obvious that my challenge didnt include gem usage.

You said it was to easy to reach 43 kills. Well, it kind a is but you need to be strong to be able to do it within 3 days. Also reaching 51 kills is possible for the semi strong player - But just only. Just before the boss disappears.

With gems, who cares. You can reach 60 kills the same day if you like. Not a part of the challenge.

I challenged you to reach 60 kills without spending gems. Just didnt mention the gem part as i figured it was obvious that it wouldnt be a challenge with gems. So 60 kills before friday? Good luck.

I gotta admit i think you can do it. The EB's after last collection event have been "easiere" as i have reached 60 kills with just a little use of 40 gems - But i suffer from insomnia and im awake almost all the time which garantees i dont waste any energy when its maxed out(Tbh, i think its because they have adjescent elements). 40 gems is a sweetspot. Its still cheap as one gets more than 40 free gems each week - Because the rewards is worth it to me. Im a key hoarder and should have 2000+ by the end of this current EB.

And back on topic: If they actually made a Star Metal EB - It would be tougher than the collections event bosses which has a 5% increase of stats over each other. Not being able to have any elemental advantage even 43 kills would be a challenge. With an EB being so tough the armor should definitely be worth it. Unlike the other star-metal armors. Way low stats - Both legendary and epic ones. A Star metal should not make the same dmg as an armor with elemetal advantage. It equals it out the dmg making it obsolete.

Just thinking of the Star Metal EB scares me... Maybe Gree will actually surprise us and do it - But the way they have been running things for months i doubt highly doubt it.

Rookeye
06-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Well which is it? 40 gems yes? Or no gems usage? *scratches head* :)

Dianish
06-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Well which is it? 40 gems yes? Or no gems usage? *scratches head* :)

Dont ruin the challenge... Its not a challenge if you are going to spend gems. Everything is easy with gems. I thought it was quite obvious that my challenge didnt include gem usage.

I challenged you to reach 60 kills without spending gems. Just didnt mention the gem part as i figured it was obvious that it wouldnt be a challenge with gems. So 60 kills before friday? Good luck.

Read much? :P *Scratches head*

I was mearly stating that i only get to 60 if i use 40 gems. Had nothing to do with the challenge.

Rookeye
06-28-2014, 02:44 AM
Actually I do read much, thank you. I also noted the large amounts of sarcasm, bravura and other unnecessary bits. I merely pointed out that your posting was unclear. Write well much? *grins*

P.S. I'm American, and *scratches head* denotes confusion, much like a blank stare in anime does. However, *scratches head* is limited, and does not define precisely what I'm confused by... :rolleyes:

Dianish
06-28-2014, 06:32 AM
Actually I do read much, thank you. I also noted the large amounts of sarcasm, bravura and other unnecessary bits. I merely pointed out that your posting was unclear. Write well much? *grins*

P.S. I'm American, and *scratches head* denotes confusion, much like a blank stare in anime does. However, *scratches head* is limited, and does not define precisely what I'm confused by... :rolleyes:

First: Im danish. I suck at foreign languages :P

Second: Whats unclear it? I quoted my self and it clearly says "No gems".

Third: Was being sarcastic about the scratching - S So you were right. Its just danish humour ;)

Rookeye
06-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Fair enough! *laughing*

Skater
06-28-2014, 08:27 AM
You sound confident..

Confident as in: "Im gonna spend gems to reach 60 kills before friday".

You said it was to easy to reach 43 kills. Well, it kind a is but you need to be strong to be able to do it within 3 days. Also reaching 51 kills is possible for the semi strong player - But just only. Just before the boss disappears.

With gems, who cares. You can reach 60 kills the same day if you like. Not a part of the challenge.

I gotta admit i think you can do it. The EB's after last collection event have been "easiere" as i have reached 60 kills with just a little use of 40 gems - But i suffer from insomnia and im awake almost all the time which garantees i dont waste any energy when its maxed out(Tbh, i think its because they have adjescent elements). 40 gems is a sweetspot. Its still cheap as one gets more than 40 free gems each week - Because the rewards is worth it to me. Im a key hoarder and should have 2000+ by the end of this current EB.

And back on topic: If they actually made a Star Metal EB - It would be tougher than the collections event bosses which has a 5% increase of stats over each other. Not being able to have any elemental advantage even 43 kills would be a challenge. With an EB being so tough the armor should definitely be worth it. Unlike the other star-metal armors. Way low stats - Both legendary and epic ones. A Star metal should not make the same dmg as an armor with elemetal advantage. It equals it out the dmg making it obsolete.

Just thinking of the Star Metal EB scares me... Maybe Gree will actually surprise us and do it - But the way they have been running things for months i doubt highly doubt it.

Am I confident? Yes sir.
Will I spend gems? No sir.
Will I prbly fail? Most likely. Lol
Will I still try to finish it by Friday? Of course. Picture of progress will be up Friday

B Legit
06-28-2014, 09:17 AM
Am I confident? Yes sir.
Will I still try to finish it by Friday? Of course. Picture of progress will be up Friday

I'll race you :)

Race to 60 no gems?

Just so you know, I have got to 60 once with no gems before, and twice using just 10 for the very last hit. So it sounds like we could have a good race.

Skater
06-28-2014, 09:52 AM

Race to 60 no gems?

Just so you know, I have got to 60 once with no gems before, and twice using just 10 for the very last hit. So it sounds like we could have a good race.

Sure!😁 this is deffinatly going to be a game of odds. Doubt it will be in my favor though 😐 I mainly have spirit epics and they've already put out a few earths. But best of luck! Post pics of progress by friday

B Legit
06-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Sure!�� this is deffinatly going to be a game of odds. Doubt it will be in my favor though �� I mainly have spirit epics and they've already put out a few earths. But best of luck! Post pics of progress by friday

Will do, A little birdie told me next eb is Earth/Water... Not 100% sure though.

Skater
06-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Will do, A little birdie told me next eb is Earth/Water... Not 100% sure though.

Man I hope so. I'd have a decent chance then. Haha

Dianish
06-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Am I confident? Yes sir.

Hehe, thats the spirit :)

Race to 60 no gems?

Indeed. So did i many times before Gree made the EB's them to somewhat tougher - From one day till the next. Now i can only get to 51 without gems. I assume you got more and stronger epics than me Mr. Team Unicorn ;)

BL(ACE)
06-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Good idea, i would love to have a Starmetal Epic Boss. But i hope that the stats are not very low

Skater
07-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Well... Today's the day. Lol. Exactly 2 hours and 24 mins until the boss is released. See you and your progress Friday!

B Legit
07-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Hehe, thats the spirit :)

Indeed. So did i many times before Gree made the EB's them to somewhat tougher - From one day till the next. Now i can only get to 51 without gems. I assume you got more and stronger epics than me Mr. Team Unicorn ;)

Lol, I have a few good ones but really not all that great. I have just taken advantage of having a double element advantage when I can, and I am fortunate enough to have very strong friends to help me along the way.

The-wanderer
07-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Try to get 43 boss kills without being in a guild and friends not lvl 100+ and not using gems.
Dont think it possible but would be close.

Dianish
07-08-2014, 08:44 PM
How did it go, Skater?

Try to get 43 boss kills without being in a guild and friends not lvl 100+ and not using gems.
Dont think it possible but would be close.

Indeed... Guildbonuses are important. Especially when you get use to the 10% increase of all elements.

Kassutera
07-08-2014, 11:05 PM
That would be too overpowered unless they have weaker stats or something. I can't see anyone below level 100 getting anywhere near 60 kills