PDA

View Full Version : Question for the mods about TAW's hacking and the precedent set

montecore
06-16-2014, 08:25 PM
To be clear, if SAS or SC decided to purchase an account or two, use computers to score absurdly fast in the last 20 minutes of battle and overtake TAW, the following would happen:

1) They would get first place prizes and their name would show on the winner's list.
2) The second place team (TAW) would receive first place prizes, but not go on the winner's list.
3) The accounts would get banned and the IP removed, but regardless of the margin of victory, SAS or SC would maintain first place.

That's what happened with TAW last battle, and I'm sure the whole community wants to make sure that's the way it will be handled going forward.

Please confirm and then lock this thread if you wish.

The Avenger$
06-16-2014, 08:27 PM
To be clear, if SAS or SC decided to purchase an account or two, use computers to score absurdly fast in the last 20 minutes of battle and overtake TAW, the following would happen:

1) They would get first place prizes and their name would show on the winner's list.
2) The second place team (TAW) would receive first place prizes, but not go on the winner's list.
3) The accounts would get banned and the IP removed, but regardless of the margin of victory, SAS or SC would maintain first place.

That's what happened with TAW last battle, and I'm sure the whole community wants to make sure that's the way it will be handled going forward.

Legit hacking there lol

namedud
06-16-2014, 08:39 PM
More tears to Vlad's drought ending river.

Could Gree please comp SAS 60 inflatable donuts?

Don'tPostPersonalInfo:D
06-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Mod plz lock this ****. No more whining!

montecore
06-16-2014, 08:40 PM
More tears to Vlad's drought ending river.

Could Gree please comp SAS 60 inflatable donuts?

Please don't troll this thread. If I posted anything inaccurate, please point it out. It's a serious question regarding the integrity of the game.

namedud
06-16-2014, 08:43 PM
May I suggest you delete this thread and try again without mentioning any specific syndicates? You may have a valid question, but all the name dropping just makes it sound like more crying.

montecore
06-16-2014, 08:56 PM
May I suggest you delete this thread and try again without mentioning any specific syndicates? You may have a valid question, but all the name dropping just makes it sound like more crying.

It's important, though. If I used hypothetical syndicates no one would ever believe a company would make a decision like that.

namedud
06-16-2014, 09:04 PM
It's important, though.

Very well. Cry on.

Rookeye
06-16-2014, 09:18 PM
It's very unusual for TWO groups to get "first place", and the circumstances were unusual. It's a fair question. *shrug*

Keapa
06-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Don't troll. Why? You troll every other thread

Rookeye
06-16-2014, 09:21 PM
.........?

Keapa
06-16-2014, 09:21 PM
You testing the waters to see what SAS can do, in the event Gree shuts off the exploit sas uses to hack ... Err illegally access players accounts without the owners permission.

Keapa
06-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Did sas hack Jacks account just like they did with baddads account?

Rookeye
06-16-2014, 09:28 PM
I think Montecore is pointing out that the actions taken by GREE might encourage hacking in the future, since the points will not be stripped from the team, if this last war is anything to go by. Just connecting the dots...

P.S. I am not implicating anyone as knowingly employing a hacker to win. Merely pointing out the potential consequences and fallout of the official action(s) taken...or not taken.

Good luck to everyone in the coming war.

Keapa
06-16-2014, 09:33 PM
I think Montecore is pointing out that the actions taken by GREE might encourage hacking in the future, since the points will not be stripped from the team, if this last war is anything to go by. Just connecting the dots...

P.S. I am not implicating anyone as knowingly employing a hacker to win. Merely pointing out the potential consequences and fallout of the official action(s) taken...or not taken.

Good luck to everyone in the coming war.

Oh, thank you. So sas just want to know what they can do ....just in case .

Keapa
06-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Sas are the only people to say there was a hacker in TAW. Even gree couldn't find any proof of hacking.

Keapa
06-16-2014, 09:42 PM
I heard Shadowlands is falling apart since Monty joined them

namedud
06-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Sas are the only people to say there was a hacker in TAW. Even gree couldn't find any proof of hacking.

So did they reverse the supposed ban of the player known as 'the hacker'? Someone was on here saying that account got banned for actions they did during the war.

If this is true, the the only precedent set here really is that crying on the forum loudly enough for a long enough period of time is all it takes to get your way... And it may also help to time the loud crying to the arrival of a new forum mod who knows nothing about the history of the game from the players' perspective.

Keapa
06-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Hey Monty what happened to the SAS Mickey Blue account, I heard it was banned by Gree for using an exploit.

Keapa
06-16-2014, 09:48 PM
That player has asked to work with Gree showing what they can achieve and to try and determine if someone accessed their account while they were fighting.

Rookeye
06-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Really guys...if you want to claim the moral high ground, you could start by NOT trolling a thread that is a direct question to GREE. :rolleyes:

mxz
06-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Hey did anyone ever accept the evj (or whatever his name is) challenge I posited, about SAS never having accepted a member they knew was a hacker?

Once that challenge is accepted by a SAS member, monte gets posting privileges back.

namedud
06-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Since when has Gree been in the habit of visiting the forum specifically to reply to questions directed towards them? There used to be a time when such threads would simply be locked on sight. It's not the forum mod's job to answer to anyone.

Rookeye
06-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Yet you've seen recent evidence that they do just that. Hmm.

Keapa
06-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Hey did anyone ever accept the evj (or whatever his name is) challenge I posited, about SAS never having accepted a member they knew was a hacker?

Once that challenge is accepted by a SAS member, monte gets posting privileges back.

I don't think I know this story. Got pop corn. tell me

Simon.
06-16-2014, 10:19 PM
This was a Direction to Gree? I thought this was the General Discussion forum for Crime City - you want to talk directly to Gree then you raise a ticket https://games.gree-support.net/home

The forums according to Gree are for the following:
Would you like to connect with other players? Interested in getting access to announcements?
Our player community is a great source of information, strategy, and discussion. Visit and join our forums!

As this is a Discussion forum, we are discussing are we not ?

Rookeye
06-16-2014, 10:38 PM
Is "discussing something" pressing as many thinly disguised digs against an opponent as possible? There's an awful lot of "let's rip on so-and-so"...

As I said elsewhere, I recognize that these two teams aren't friends. But according to TOS, we are supposed to keep it civil, and on topic...

Guess Oscar Wilde was right, as regards how some treat their opponents: "In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."

montecore
06-16-2014, 10:42 PM

why should taw be the only team to cheat, win, and get to stay in first?

is that why they banned him and gave sas the first place prizes? because they just believe anything sas says without validating it against their server records? while there are many aspects of this situation ooen to debate, whether or not taw had a hacker who scored ip at an impossible rate is not one of them. evidence was provided to gree, verified against gree's own server records, and the player was banned for life.

montecore
06-16-2014, 10:43 PM

Hey Monty what happened to the SAS Mickey Blue account, I heard it was banned by Gree for using an exploit.

mickey blue was hamster. joined taw. first i heard about him doing an exploit but i guess its just par for the course with taw.

Keapa
06-16-2014, 10:57 PM
mickey blue was hamster. joined taw. first i heard about him doing an exploit but i guess its just par for the course with taw.

Mickey blue was the old account and it stayed in sas. Hamster was the mini. So sas had a cheater which was only discovered once hamster left sas. Sas must run a special cheater's school

sister morphine
06-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Mickey blue was the old account and it stayed in sas. Hamster was the mini. So sas had a cheater which was only discovered once hamster left sas. Sas must run a special cheater's school
It's the player who cheats not the account. So if this guy had one account in SAS and one in TAW then both had a cheater on board. If as you claim SAS run a cheater's school why did TAW accept the hamster account? Surely not to take advantage of the knowledge of cheating?! :rolleyes:

Keapa
06-16-2014, 11:15 PM
It's the player who cheats not the account. So if this guy had one account in SAS and one in TAW then both had a cheater on board. If as you claim SAS run a cheater's school why did TAW accept the hamster account? Surely not to take advantage of the knowledge of cheating?! :rolleyes:

Didn't know it was mickey blues mini. Only that one minute it was an active players account the next moment it had disappeared. It was a sas player who said it had been cheating for some time.

CuoreBianconero
06-16-2014, 11:27 PM
the next thread - its funny. Now it concerns the Top teams and thats good enough to discuss in several Threads for weeks long. A lot of this "players" are in game gree are not willing to stop it.

namedud
06-16-2014, 11:40 PM
Didn't know it was mickey blues mini. Only that one minute it was an active players account the next moment it had disappeared. It was a sas player who said it had been cheating for some time.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all the time. Anyone can honestly say they were unaware that someone they met on the internet was not playing the game legit once or twice, but recycle that reason/excuse every single time something "fishy" is brought to attention and there will be people who suspect foul play.

Just sayin'. Back to drama please.

Keapa
06-16-2014, 11:50 PM
You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all the time. Anyone can honestly say they were unaware that someone they met on the internet was not playing the game legit once or twice, but recycle that reason/excuse every single time something "fishy" is brought to attention and there will be people who suspect foul play.

Just sayin'. Back to drama please.

Those players were not in taw long enough for us to observe anything unusual about them. Yet they had been in sas long enough for sas to know why they were removed. Why is it some players who had been in sas get booted. But players from taw don't?

Keapa
06-16-2014, 11:53 PM
I say any/ all sas players who have knowingly been active in hacking any other players account should have their accounts banned.

namedud
06-17-2014, 12:07 AM
TAW boots people, they just use different words.

Any syndicate who removes a player from their roster has a reason, whether it's a good reason or not. However, lies and deception go a long way in a crime game, so it's also a risk when deciding whether or not to take someone's word with regards to a 'removed' player.

Keapa
06-17-2014, 12:34 AM
TAW boots people, they just use different words.

Any syndicate who removes a player from their roster has a reason, whether it's a good reason or not. However, lies and deception go a long way in a crime game, so it's also a risk when deciding whether or not to take someone's word with regards to a 'removed' player.

Agree so rather than accept what sas was saying we went to Gree. After all, gree has far greater resources to check out a players past history that players.
This is the same no matter what syndicate it is when it comes to taking in new players.

namedud
06-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Agree so rather than accept what sas was saying we went to Gree. After all, gree has far greater resources to check out a players past history that players.
This is the same no matter what syndicate it is when it comes to taking in new players.

Precisely.

sister morphine
06-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Those players were not in taw long enough for us to observe anything unusual about them. Yet they had been in sas long enough for sas to know why they were removed. Why is it some players who had been in sas get booted. But players from taw don't?
But if it's SAS having suspicions (like you say it's not always immediately obvious someone is cheating, I'd say much less so now than it was in pre-syndicate days) and booting/reporting players once they have good reason to believe they're cheating, surely that gives the lie to the claim that they actively harbour hackers.

If then one or two of those booted players go to TAW before Gree catch up with them, that doesn't make TAW any more guilty of harbouring them than it does SAS. The argument that Gree gave the all clear to this last one is a red herring. We all know Gree don't discuss players' account with third parties.

And please stop digging up the festering corpse of that Baddad thing. The only people who truly know what happened there are Gree (any activity will be on the server record). I wouldn't even trust the alleged memories of those supposedly involved because of syndicate rivalries.

Keapa
06-17-2014, 01:19 AM

namedud
06-17-2014, 01:19 AM
I wouldn't even trust the alleged memories of those supposedly involved because of syndicate rivalries.

The same can be said for anything claimed by any syndicate/guild/faction in any issue brought up on the forums. Due to syndicate rivalries, any information exchanged from one syndicate to another may or may not hold truth. And what better way is there to gain support for an unknown 'truth' than to promote the unknown as truth on a public stage?

Keapa
06-17-2014, 01:22 AM
But if it's SAS having suspicions (like you say it's not always immediately obvious someone is cheating, I'd say much less so now than it was in pre-syndicate days) and booting/reporting players once they have good reason to believe they're cheating, surely that gives the lie to the claim that they actively harbour hackers.

If then one or two of those booted players go to TAW before Gree catch up with them, that doesn't make TAW any more guilty of harbouring them than it does SAS. The argument that Gree gave the all clear to this last one is a red herring. We all know Gree don't discuss players' account with third parties.

And please stop digging up the festering corpse of that Baddad thing. The only people who truly know what happened there are Gree (any activity will be on the server record). I wouldn't even trust the alleged memories of those supposedly involved because of syndicate rivalries.

Why would sas have suspicions about a player who has only just left them.
And the baddad episode should not be forgotten as it's a wonderful example of what sas does to players who leave sas and go to a syndicate they don't like.

Keapa
06-17-2014, 01:27 AM
What proof is there that sas reported that player to gree.

But putting that to one side. If players do report someone to Gree for suspect game play then Gree fails to inform others that they are currently investigating that player. Indeed if gree says that account is clean Then it's Gree's fault not the syndicate who then accepts that player.

Keapa
06-17-2014, 01:38 AM
That really is the question that affects every syndicate

What can a syndicate do when Gree fails to stand by their own assurances about a player being clean and Gree has the greatest resources to use when checking out a players history. gree cannot punish a syndicate for their mistakes.

namedud
06-17-2014, 01:54 AM

What can a syndicate do when Gree fails to stand by their own assurances about a player being clean and Gree has the greatest resources to use when checking out a players history. gree cannot punish a syndicate for their mistakes.

It took many days, but finally the whole of the matter has been summarized in a simple statement. And this statement has been true for as long as I've been playing.

When Gree screws up they may, on a case by case basis, award players prizes that they may have obtained but were given a disadvantage through no fault of their own. Similarly, players awarded items legitimately earned will not have said items revoked should it be discovered they received the items in question due to actions or circumstances beyond their control.

Captain Torgue
06-17-2014, 02:24 AM

None whatsoever, however there is proof that SAS threatened the hacker to come back to SAS or they would get them booted from TAW. Such disgraceful behaviour. Here take a look.

http://i.imgur.com/0uZcIKZ.jpg

Dipstik
06-17-2014, 04:42 AM
You need to make a memes? Like what, milhouse pictures?

montecore
06-17-2014, 08:53 AM
And the baddad episode should not be forgotten as it's a wonderful example of what sas does to players who leave sas and go to a syndicate they don't like.

he didnt leave, he was booted. largely for the evermore sketchy things he kept bringing up in chat.

But putting that to one side. If players do report someone to Gree for suspect game play then Gree fails to inform others that they are currently investigating that player. Indeed if gree says that account is clean Then it's Gree's fault not the syndicate who then accepts that player.

no, because he was largely banned for what he said. sas was smart enough to see what the guy was about. taw... not so much.

has gree ever rejected a player taw asked to clear? remember when gree cleared mandy's inventory, and taw actually added her with a straight face as a result?

montecore
06-17-2014, 08:54 AM
None whatsoever, however there is proof that SAS threatened the hacker to come back to SAS or they would get them booted from TAW. Such disgraceful behaviour. Here take a look.

http://i.imgur.com/0uZcIKZ.jpg

already clarified this for you multiple times in groupme, but the stupidity of your trolling, or what you call trolling, knows no bounds. he was trying to get information from him. there is no way sas would add a hacker they cut back.

montecore
06-17-2014, 08:57 AM

yes, its the one time in sas history a player has claimed such mistreatment, which is why you keep trying to use it as a deflection even though it is over a year old. remember when the taw officers worked with baddad to have him lie to the entire community about how he was dying, and then dead, from pancreatic cancer? quite a credible guy, that baddad. guess it was wise for the taw leaders to keep you in the dark on that one.

Tadaaah
06-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Locking for flame thread. Take your flame wars outside of this forum.