PDA

View Full Version : Points in World Domination

Cromagnon
06-15-2014, 09:40 PM
I've tried searching but have struck out.

Do you get points based off the opponent's level, allies or how close they match in att/def points?

Dirty Mind
06-15-2014, 10:35 PM
Nobody knows for sure and Gree wont tell us. Normally the higher the lvl, the higher the points.

Danger Mouse
06-15-2014, 11:29 PM
all of the above, multiplied by a gree code writers' IQ or your grandmothers age - whichever is the lower.
-
Or something like that. As far as we can tell.

Gileas
06-16-2014, 04:15 AM
The current WD event, Indonesia, has apparently been "improved," regarding point awards as well. Before this WD it was typical to see a good point score for successfully hitting an opponent who was of a higher level - if significantly so, scores of 450+ weren't unusual. Now it appears if hit an opponent who is much higher level then the points rewarded appear to drop. Its like a bell curve. Hit someone far lower, score low (180-210 per hit). Someone similar score fair (195-220) higher level has an apparent sweet spot up to around 25 levels higher than my own - a very good / great score is now 325-350pts per hit. Then if the opponent is far higher of level my score seems to drop off again. Successfully scoring a hit vs. an opponent 45-60 levels higher than my own gets me on average 200-220 pts. Noticeable is the fact that the great point range appears to have vanished. I have won over 220 hits against opponents this WD event and the best score Ive received was 375/380 and that only three or four times.
Well done gree. Screwed us again. Require high numbers while lowering the numbers awarded for sucess. Answer? Why, buy gold, of course.

Adm. J(K96)
06-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Max points for hitting high level players i down, but still seeing 150 point swings.

Dirty Mind
06-16-2014, 10:12 AM
scores of 450+ weren't unusual.

Scores of 450+ were impossible as 450 used to be the highest score possible. Also, how does a lower top score require you to buy more gold? If its the same for everyone then it doesnt matter if the max is 200 or 50,000 per hit. If you are talking about point requirements for your faction, then a smart team will take that into consideration and maybe lower the target.

pick_sax
06-16-2014, 01:51 PM
a few different scenarios i casually observed. hit a guy, got 320-ish. again, 190 something, then mid 250'is

all other things being equal, i don't suspect there is much a person can do in the space of 40 seconds to cause this level of changing. so, its either a random floating too much or a definite part of the algorithm.

it would be good to have gree at least explain the logic, and better, those 0 on the odds meter, to have them show the details of the calculation.

and to a lesser degree, explain losses against inferior, or wins against superior. display the final score of the calculation every time! the winner should always have the higher score, losing to a lower score has no basis in reality. just like the final score of a soccer game. the final is the final.

deaf ears for 18 months running.

Max points for hitting high level players i down, but still seeing 150 point swings.

Gileas
06-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Scores of 450+ were impossible as 450 used to be the highest score possible. Also, how does a lower top score require you to buy more gold? If its the same for everyone then it doesnt matter if the max is 200 or 50,000 per hit. If you are talking about point requirements for your faction, then a smart team will take that into consideration and maybe lower the target.

Two things: 1) on the 450+ you are correct. I get crime city confused with modern war occasionally and in the case of scoring points here I clearly did. Thank you for the clarification. As for point
2) how does a lower score cause a player to buy more gold? Well psychologically, I was thinking. As in "wtf last time I scored 50k WD points, I was at 30k by this many hours in, I need to buy some gold and make up my points," as well as the inevitable always aiming to score a few thousand more points than one did in the last WD. I didn't get a splash screen from gree notifying me that they nerfed the WD point scores earned for sucessful enemy bashing. I don't recall seeing it stated clearly anywhere that this was their plan. Now I'm not a gree expert, and I don't read these forums religiously, but it wasn't obvious, let us agree.
And finally, not every faction is as smart as you seem to credit them with being. Sure they *should* divine the point nerf! they should then announce to their members that the 30k min. Per player is being reduced to 20k because gree are muddying the waters again. But I am willing to place a bet that there were some, maybe even many factions that were not so enlightened. And thus a vulnerable player worried about their faction and thier WD points may well spend money to get more hits in and get a higher number. Call me a cynic on these sorts of things.

Dirty-Mind: Thanks for the excellent reply, and for clarification on the point max back in the pre-nerf days. I appreciate you taking the time to read and reply to my post.