PDA

View Full Version : Gree Maths on Building Payouts

Kitty McPurr
06-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Not to be trivial but my laundromats (both level 10) among other buildings payout different amounts. One is $686, while the other is $685. Rounding up and down is a basic funcaction of mathematics, why has GREE decided to overlook commonly accepted rules?

RuckusXsuckuR
06-13-2014, 11:16 PM
And the next time you log in the payouts may be the same or opposite, It is called an algorithm. It isnt perfectly even with all the factors accounted. BTW, this is beyond trivial.Idk Why i bothered to explain that.

therealbengie
06-13-2014, 11:19 PM
the point the op is making is why does it change, the building base pay out is fixed, the multiplier is fixed so the outcome should always be the same.

namedud
06-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Does the term integer overflow make sense to anyone? No? That's what I thought. I don't know what that means either, but apparently that's what happens to cause things like this.

Not sure if truth, or programmer speak for "nfi".

Winnson
06-14-2014, 05:53 AM
Those are the lost socks.

mxz
06-14-2014, 11:47 AM
The payout is likely a fraction and its just rounding up or down. The actual payout is probably supposed to be $685.50 with bonuses and the algorithm just splits the fraction.

xavvax
06-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Its the same thing that causes the $1 robs, yea it sucks and we all hate it but its how the game works

ghetto69143
06-14-2014, 04:40 PM
I cannot believe everyone is picking apart the payout of a laundromat!! seriously?? just kidding here...lol
For a while my Deadly Disco's were like that. but then I forget when they matched up and had the same payout to the greater one!! but still, OP. you could have use a different building other than the laundromats!! I am not hating but it is amusing...

Zincincpink
06-14-2014, 05:05 PM
I know a lot of people think laundromats are a waste of time, but I mean every five minutes! I think it's with it just to have a building that pays out that often :cool:

dip.stick
06-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Not to be trivial but my laundromats (both level 10) among other buildings payout different amounts. One is $686, while the other is $685. Rounding up and down is a basic funcaction of mathematics, why has GREE decided to overlook commonly accepted rules?

Oh my god! You have a lot of spare time don't you? Go to school, get a job .... Better yet join a zoo, you have to be a monkey to play this game so seriously

dip.stick
06-15-2014, 11:04 AM
I know a lot of people think laundromats are a waste of time, but I mean every five minutes! I think it's with it just to have a building that pays out that often :cool:

This entire game is a waste if time, you MUST be stupid to think otherwise.

Wait you are playing this stupid game, so so you must be ......

surfinguy369
06-15-2014, 11:10 AM
It's Gree so there is no explanation needed!

dip.stick
06-15-2014, 11:14 AM
You are right about that.

PS you wanna see monkeys pontificating? See the TAW-SAS threads. Hilarious!!!!!

Simon.
06-15-2014, 11:46 PM
That would be the same algorithm that works out that when an NPC is supposed to pay out $10000-13000 and you get $7000 as the reward right?

Or is it the algorithm that is supposed to give you 100% energy refill when you level, but only gives you 75% most of the time because your attacking an NPC when it levels?

No, maybe, it's the algorithm that works out when a building has been looted already but still lists is as lootable and then blames you for the problem and tells you to reload the game...not that you do of course.

Maybe its the algorithm that runs during every boss event, where you hit an NPC a few times but your energy drops to -1000 or whatever before instantly topping back up to where it's supposed to be. This one goes hand in hand with massive lag during every Boss event.

Then there's the money algorithm that never seems to know how much to pay you - you know, the one where you collect from your looted buildings, then suddenly you just loose a couple 100,000 for no reason, but if your quick and bank it, you keep the lot? Then when you log in again, you mysteriously have the lost money back again...unless you collect again form another looted building, then some random amount disappears again.

Yep, these basics, collecting money, fighting an NPC, levelling up, knowing when a building is lootable or not - these are pretty fundamental core basics of the game that have never been right and still aren't right.

bravo 6 vk
06-16-2014, 05:00 AM
That would be the same algorithm that works out that when an NPC is supposed to pay out $10000-13000 and you get $7000 as the reward right?

Or is it the algorithm that is supposed to give you 100% energy refill when you level, but only gives you 75% most of the time because your attacking an NPC when it levels?

No, maybe, it's the algorithm that works out when a building has been looted already but still lists is as lootable and then blames you for the problem and tells you to reload the game...not that you do of course.

Maybe its the algorithm that runs during every boss event, where you hit an NPC a few times but your energy drops to -1000 or whatever before instantly topping back up to where it's supposed to be. This one goes hand in hand with massive lag during every Boss event.

Then there's the money algorithm that never seems to know how much to pay you - you know, the one where you collect from your looted buildings, then suddenly you just loose a couple 100,000 for no reason, but if your quick and bank it, you keep the lot? Then when you log in again, you mysteriously have the lost money back again...unless you collect again form another looted building, then some random amount disappears again.

Yep, these basics, collecting money, fighting an NPC, levelling up, knowing when a building is lootable or not - these are pretty fundamental core basics of the game that have never been right and still aren't right.

TL;DR. Ugh.

Kitty McPurr
06-16-2014, 06:55 AM
To answer everyone's concerns about why I chose the Laundromat as my example to discuss, there are two reasons. Firstly, I didn't feel like broadcasting the level of my LTB's on the forum. Secondly, everybody has access to Laundromat ownership as it is literally the first building in the game, so that means everybody can "understand" that the issue isn't with a specific building but rather all buildings.

Now back to respond to the most useful on topic posts in the thread. Over flow algorythms? It seems like there is something way to complicated about basic functions in the game. The state that I live in has a 6% sales tax. When I go to the store and buy a $1.00 item it always cost $1.06...never $1.05 or $1.07. If every cash register in the United States (and presumably the world) can multiply a base amount by a fractional amount and then round it up or down correctly and consistanly, why can't the game?

Yes, this isn't an awe inspiring thread with great revelations or even game changing requests. At least it isn't another SAS vs. TAW thread.

Lastly if you don't like the triviality of the thread don't read it, and certainly don't post on it...then it will simply float down the list to obscurity, problem solved.

namedud
06-16-2014, 11:31 AM
...why can't the game?

Two reasons come to mind:

1. Because Gree
2. Cash registers deal with real money, and nearly everything Gree does in the game is 'imaginary'.