PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Video Gold & Delay With New Version

Robespierre
06-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Many players have been using the "Earn Free Gold" feature in the "Add Funds" menu of the game.

This feature will be likely be disappearing soon, at least for iOs users.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/09/apple-begins-rejecting-apps-that-offer-rewards-for-video-views-social-sharing/

"Apple has begun to crack down on tools that app developers use to monetize and grow their applications, including incentivized video viewing and rewarded social sharing, as well as discovery tools that allow users to find apps inside the games they’re already playing. The move will have a significant impact on the app industry as a whole, and will serve as something of a “reset” in terms of how apps can achieve growth and scale."

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/v4vc-adcolony.png?w=680&h=383

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/06/09/apple-cracking-down-on-incentivized-video-ads/

http://recode.net/2014/06/10/why-an-apple-app-rule-change-could-be-a-big-deal-for-the-ad-business/

Of course, the best parts of the articles are the comments, as it discusses the actual ramifications and social ethics of gaming platforms using the social aspect of gaming as a way to increase revenues.

Goodbye "Share Your Alliance ID" spamming.

So...perhaps this is delaying the initiation of the new version of the game that doesn't suck up your data plan? I know I have personally incurred charges for excess data plan usage, contrary to past data use patterns over 2.5 years. Please institute a release that doesn;t suck up all of my data, even if some players can't get free gold.

Now...if the app store will only address the randomized rewards and Japan's gacha ruling...

Hat tip to:

Apple is modifying how all aps do advertising. Tap joy looks to possibly take a big hit! No more advertising apps they don't own.

What?
06-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Who needs videos if Gree is going to give out 75 gold for technical difficulties. We'll all be rich if this is the start of a precedence.

Snatcher
06-14-2014, 01:31 AM
So This means they have to bring a gold building at a reasonable Prize like 50mill starter

Shrinko
06-14-2014, 01:49 AM
What is the logic behind it? Don't really see what's wrong with giving some gold for watching a few adds.

bam bam.
06-14-2014, 02:10 AM
What is the logic behind it? Don't really see what's wrong with giving some gold for watching a few adds.

It's an u restricted age game with gambling and alcohol ads.
I think the whole down load a "free" game is false advertising, if at any stage u have to pay it is not a "free" application. It should say "pay to play".
Also I don't think apple receives money's for the ad views lol.

bam bam.
06-14-2014, 02:11 AM
Who needs videos if Gree is going to give out 75 gold for technical difficulties. We'll all be rich if this is the start of a precedence.

If I had 75 gold for every gree mess up this yr alone id have about 15 vaults of gold

Z-Infierno
06-14-2014, 06:21 AM
I give up the fact to buy gold to this Company is very incompetent and pathetic in all way they dont deserve the time and effort expended

Shrinko
06-14-2014, 12:09 PM
It's an u restricted age game with gambling and alcohol ads.
I think the whole down load a "free" game is false advertising, if at any stage u have to pay it is not a "free" application. It should say "pay to play".
Also I don't think apple receives money's for the ad views lol.

Well, the advertised apps are free. It never says that you can play for free or get every aspect of the game for free. When you buy a plane ticket for $120, that gets you on the plane but then you have all kind of extras that you can buy. Now even movies and food cost $7-10 on the plane. So when they advertise you a ticket for $120 but then you got to pay $25 to check in a bag and $10 for food and $8 for the movie, you can end up spending $170 or more before you walk off that plane. Is that false advertisement?

DaBoss!
06-14-2014, 01:08 PM
I hope they dont take it away.....I usually get 100-200 gold each war from these videos.......

Bobar
06-15-2014, 08:37 AM
100 Gold? Germans get TWO per vid and can watch about 2-3 a week on android :-(

Shrinko
06-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Some days I get 10 videos and others I can get 1 or 2, but any free gold is better than none