PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade times QUADRUPLED. Furious.

Zendfrim
09-13-2011, 07:13 PM
So, who wants to explain why upgrade times quadrupled today and build times doubled? I am surprised there are no posts about this. This morning I had normal build times, then tonight, SURPRISE! This is an absolute slap in the face as I have invested a good sum into this game so far. I was so into this game too. Sad how such awesome games can be ruined by negative changes made in stealth.

Getting any building to level 10 will take about a month now. Thanks so much for this great reward for my investment.

Thoughts anyone?

clackity
09-13-2011, 07:22 PM
I went to upgrade a building and the time was completely different from last night, I thought I was going crazy. Yeah though, these upgrade times are kind of ridiculously long now, I mean 38 hours to take a building from level 1 to 2? That's pretty stupid.

REALLY
09-13-2011, 08:24 PM
This is ridiculous. I registered specifically to mention this. I've been playing for what feels like forever and can deal with the glitches, the bugs, and the constant attemtps to gain more money out of us but this is killing it for me! I know it's an attempt to get more people to buy gold and speed up the process but to not even warn us they were going to do it? The times are completly ridiculous now. I'm quickly getting tired of this game trying my patience in new ways.

cookies
09-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Like 160 hours to upgrade a house from level 6 to level 7. I *strongly* hope this is a bug and not intended.
Well unless the purpose was to turn the game into a 'log in once a week'....or never, thing.

kusio
09-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Is that why my ice cream shop upgrade, which I started yesterday afternoon and was supposed to be done by this morning, now won't be done until tomorrow morning? Weak. Yet another reason to stop tossing fivers into this game.

madawgg
09-13-2011, 09:18 PM
fine with mine

Joeyyang
09-13-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't like that change,if it's not a bug,I have to abandon the game.

Stav
09-13-2011, 11:42 PM
I am confused by this, on my phone level 5 gun shop takes 24 hrs to level up to level 6. But on my wife's phone a level 4 gun shop takes 36 hours to level up to level 5. Does it reduce the time now if you have two of the buildings. Is it a bug. I was trying to complete a spreadsheet.

Joeyyang
09-14-2011, 03:48 AM
It look like version 1.2 don't have this problom(My friend don't update to version 1.3),only 1.3 work like that.

bn3
09-14-2011, 06:22 AM
160 hours to upgrade a laundomart WTF is this?????

Stav
09-14-2011, 07:25 AM
I have the latest version and so does my wife's phone. My basketball court upgrade ends at 7pm uk I will check all my upgrades then and repost. All of my buildings are at level 5 apart from my movie theatre.

wupuck
09-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Thank you for posting this. I Just noticed it last night before going to bed. This is absurd - agreed. My thought is that this HAS to be a glitch, 989 gold bars to instantly upgrade a 96hr upgrade time?? Even IF I spent real $ on the game, That's close to $100!!! The only idiot willing to spend real $ on that are the kids of millionaires.

Funzio can't be that stupid can they?

clackity
09-14-2011, 10:12 AM
I have to laugh, to go from a level 3 to 4 laundromat is now 8 hours. That's totally worth bringing it up to 55 dollars every 5 minutes...

Crime City Mark
09-14-2011, 11:13 AM
This isn't a bug, and is something we were trying out as a method for balancing the in-game economy. We're tweaking it to make it less onerous by reducing the time it takes to upgrade and bringing the time it takes to construct back to where it was yesterday. We'll bee keeping an eye on this for the next few days before we make any other changes, and your feedback is appreciated.

madthug
09-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks Crime City Mark for your thoughts.

But the major mistake I made early on was leveling up too fast, so lately I have been concentrating on increasing my hourly income, attack values and defense values. It's difficult enough to do this without all the restrictions. I was hoping for a reduction on the upgrade times in the future and perhaps maybe upgrading for more then one thing at a time. Your thoughts on this?

Stav
09-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Right,
My phone all upgrades are the same as always,
Wife's phone all upgrades 4 times longer.
Mates iPad 4 times longer
So will it all return to normal tomorrow.
I don't mind a tweak but 4 times longer is way to lonnnnnng.

Squishh
09-14-2011, 12:30 PM
This isn't a bug, and is something we were trying out as a method for balancing the in-game economy. We're tweaking it to make it less onerous by reducing the time it takes to upgrade and bringing the time it takes to construct back to where it was yesterday. We'll bee keeping an eye on this for the next few days before we make any other changes, and your feedback is appreciated.

The feedback is streaming in already, for the most part, all negative. As it was this game has a very slow progression curve. Now it is 4 time worse.

Before it took about 1 week worth of upgrade time to get a buidling from level 1 to 10. Now it is a month. I dont know about the rest of the community but I am unwilling to put in time to a game that only allows me to cap out 12 buildings a year. As of right now I have over 60 buildings in my hood. I would like to think it would not take me 5 years to upgrade them all to level 10. I do not think you are doing the long term math here.

If the dev's are going to go this route with a 4x upgrade time, then allow us to upgrade 4 buildings at once.

Squishh
09-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Thank you for reverting this back to normal.

I was in awe when I saw that an upgrade from level 9 to 10 was going to take 240 hours (10 days). The 60 hours (2.5 days) you have now is perfect.

cookies
09-14-2011, 04:20 PM
My upgrade times still seem to be substantially increased over the original times, even after he reduction. It's really taking the fun out of the game for me.

Squishh
09-14-2011, 05:07 PM
My upgrade times still seem to be substantially increased over the original times, even after he reduction. It's really taking the fun out of the game for me.

If you started a build or upgrade while the settings were at 4x than normal, then you must let those finish out. I upgraded a level 2 building to a 3 during the adjustment. It took 12 hours to update. Once it finished, I upgraded another building of the same type from level 2 to 3. The 2nd time took only 3 hours.

wupuck
09-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Is this true? Im upgrading my laundrymat and it will still take 75+ hours. I am thinking about selling it and just re upgrading I think it'll take less time

wupuck
09-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Confirmed!

Yes! its been fixed!

thank goodness it was a laundromat i was upgrading and not a warehouse!

madawgg
09-14-2011, 07:43 PM
omg...i hate this...

cookies
09-14-2011, 09:27 PM
If you started a build or upgrade while the settings were at 4x than normal, then you must let those finish out. I upgraded a level 2 building to a 3 during the adjustment. It took 12 hours to update. Once it finished, I upgraded another building of the same type from level 2 to 3. The 2nd time took only 3 hours.

I am very aware of that. My observation was for the new timers of course. 19 hours to upgrade a Collection Agency from level 1 to level 2. That is a *whole* day where you cannot do anything else. Boring really...

Gunn
09-15-2011, 10:26 AM
bad form crime city. The game was fine, and making it take so long to upgrade things is only going to piss people off. I'm probably going to stop playing now, and I'm sure I'm not alone. You should really look at how many players your going to lose because of this, and I guarantee it's not going to bring any new ones in, so it's a really bad idea. You had a great game, and now with all the bugs in your updates, and these pointless destructive changes, it seems like you're determined to sabotage your own game.

nvbealone
09-15-2011, 10:56 AM
bad form crime city. The game was fine, and making it take so long to upgrade things is only going to piss people off. I'm probably going to stop playing now, and I'm sure I'm not alone. You should really look at how many players your going to lose because of this, and I guarantee it's not going to bring any new ones in, so it's a really bad idea. You had a great game, and now with all the bugs in your updates, and these pointless destructive changes, it seems like you're determined to sabotage your own game.
well said! i totally agree! 1st, building times are extended. 2nd, robberies tweaked cutting weak players out. every update is screwed making the game worse than ever. the end of crime city is nearing given a playing platform like this!

Squishh
09-15-2011, 11:07 AM

It was changed to 4x the amount for about 12 hours. They adjusted it back to close to what it was before. It is now only slightly higher. Really not noticable until you upgrade buildings to level 7 and higher. As I have stated in a previous post, if you did an upgrade/build when the amounts were at 4x, you have to let those finish out before you will see the changes.

cookies
09-15-2011, 01:28 PM
I am not sure how you define 'slightly higher' Squishh but my upgrade times are still twice as long as they used to be.

Max Power
09-16-2011, 09:03 PM
If your looking for input, I think the best 30,000 foot level input I can provide is quit moving the goalposts all the damn time. People learn one thing and then spend real money and poof...changes.

Please stop all the tweaking.

Stav
09-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Still don't understand why the upgrade times are different on my wife's phone to what they are on my phone. Neither phone has any updated available.
Anyone have any ideas?

TLoord
09-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Stav: Maybe your phones are on different game servers and they are just testing this out on one of them. I have not seen any changes and I live in Sweden.

However if they do this, a lot of work and planning that I and others have put into this have been wasted, I think minor adjustments to balance things up is fine and needed, but major ones like the ones you mention are just making people angry.

As Max Power mention, when they constantly moving the goalposts the game becomes random and any game strategy you may have become meaningless and so does the game itself. This type of randomness will drive people away from the game and I hope that the game developers realize this too.

Just as when playing a game like this, the game developer themselves needs to plan their strategies how to grow, get more players and make money in the best way, as well as actually keeping them for a long time and also converting non paying players to paying players as much as possible. There are a lot of pitfalls in this process and I hope they are aware of this.

As it is now I'm a bit worried about it all as I think in game pricing is way too high and seems focused on rich kids or easily fooled and ignorant people and that is sad. This makes me think about the business ethics in general, but maybe Funzios experience from other platforms results in this, maybe this all reflects how we as players in general are and this is the best business model for that. I hope that I'm wrong though.

/TLoord

Zendfrim
09-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Bump for this since today I discovered my friend has normal upgrade times, and mine are twice as slow as his for no reason at all. Same version number. This is unacceptable. I have a ticket in but I still must voice my disgust publicly as I have paid for things in this game and if anything, I am entitled to normal upgrade times for that alone. Whats with the inconsistency?

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Interesting...