PDA

View Full Version : Omg, gree turn boss back on

Kefa
06-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Are you kidding me?? I kept getting splash screens all day saying over 24hrs to go, and at 3:18 PM PDT I'm literally in the middle of boss 100 on one account and the hits just stop working???

It triggered at 3:16 PM PDT, let me take a few hits, and then wouldn't let me finish. If I had known it was going to end at that time I would have SPENT GOLD to finish it sooner, but when it didn't end at 2:00 PM I thought, like we have been told in EVERY OTHER EVENT IN HISTORY, that the countdown timer superseded the globe date, so I set timers and took my time.

Seriously, honor your in-game splash screen and turn it back on!!!!

Edit: I have photos showing the boss up and it's time left to prove what time it triggered and that it let me take hits after it triggered.

Fix this.

Hitch
06-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Are you kidding me?? I kept getting splash screens all day saying over 24hrs to go, and at 3:18 PM PDT I'm literally in the middle of boss 100 on one account and the hits just stop working???

It triggered at 3:16 PM PDT, let me take a few hits, and then wouldn't let me finish. If I had known it was going to end at that time I would have SPENT GOLD to finish it sooner, but when it didn't end at 2:00 PM I thought, like we have been told in EVERY OTHER EVENT IN HISTORY, that the countdown timer superseded the globe date, so I set timers and took my time.

No joke, I was on boss 144 and sitting on gold..would have used it in a second had I known when the event ended.

Shrinko
06-13-2014, 03:39 PM
It's interesting that the goals for the boss events are still there. You know why they ended the event? Because of this forum. Otherwise they would've never realized that it was still going. Lol

Burtonvalo
06-13-2014, 03:42 PM
That's exactly what I came here to post. I was 3 away from finishing and it said I had over 24 hours left. It's to be expected of Gree though, they screw up every event.

Sharky259
06-13-2014, 03:48 PM
I am getting very tired of the incompetence of those running this game.
The last splash screen I saw a few hours ago said the event would end in 1 day 5 min, why has this event been cancelled early? I was working on completing the 2 goals of 100 and 150 boss kills, my faction already completed the faction goals. I would have definitely finished the 100 bosses in the time advertised and was going to be close to completing the 150 bosses as well.
Thanks Gree for messing up another event again.

Mcdoc
06-13-2014, 03:56 PM
You know why they ended the event? Because of this forum. Otherwise they would've never realized that it was still going

You give the forum too much credit. I wish they responded / reacted to this forum that fast.

I started a post about it at 2:17 PM - thinking the event was over at 2pm - the OP says the event ended abruptly at 3:18. If there really was an hour response time - I would be checking the skies outside for some flying pigs

DaBoss!
06-13-2014, 04:39 PM
I started this event a little late...was hoping to hit boss 100....got up to 90..before event dissapered.....

Tardavic
06-13-2014, 04:51 PM
We apologize for this, but there is already another active thread regarding this matter which has been updated!!

Col Cawthon
06-13-2014, 04:59 PM

Edit: I have photos showing the boss up and it's time left to prove what time it triggered and that it let me take hits after it triggered.

Fix this.

On my droid account, when I log in, the news still has an ad encouraging you to kill bosses...and it has a counter on it displaying 21 hours still remain. This is the sort of stuff that makes requesting refunds so much easier. So, in spite of their desire to not honor their own ads and their own game creation, they at least still provide information that makes it easy to get the money back. Sucks tho...I was looking forward to such a great prize...had even worked up to 148 before the hits stopped working.

Gileas
06-13-2014, 05:36 PM
We apologize for this, but there is already another active thread regarding this matter which has been updated!!

Tardavic,
Could you please redirect this thread to the active thread regarding this matter - hopefully by "has been updated," you are saying that an admin has posted an explaination linked to this hot and frustrating topic. Even if its "we aren't sure but are working with the programmers and gsme designers to find out what went wrong, and to balance the fact that you were misinformed by a global splash screen with our obligation to keep the game interesting and rewarding for every player."

That would be cool. Especially if it happened. I read this forum, its rough. But it should be more informative from the top down, and perhaps - but I doubt it - the trolls would be slightly mollified.
But linking this to the thread you refer to is basic board admin 101. I would do it but I can't.

Tardavic
06-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Let's try to keep this discussion on one thread if possible, here is the current active thread where there will be updates:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?93601-24-Hour-Boss-event-Did-you-see-it&p=1322072&posted=1#post1322072