PDA

View Full Version : Losing Growlers, gggggggrrrrrreeeeee

ScrewThis
06-13-2014, 09:33 AM
What is the bloody point of raiding when, as attacker, even with double the attack stats than my opponent's defence stats, I keep losing growler after growler after growler?

There was a time when attacking someone with significantly lower stats meant you didn't lose anything. Why and when did you change this Gree? Do you want us not to raid and attack - in a war game?

And while I'm venting, how the hell, Gree, is a growler a low casualty unit since that's the only thing I ever seem to lose?

I'm not holding my breath for an answer mind you. It is war weekend so I guess everyone over at Gree is taking a long weekend.

thunder
06-13-2014, 09:47 AM
What is the bloody point of raiding when, as attacker, even with double the attack stats than my opponent's defence stats, I keep losing growler after growler after growler?

There was a time when attacking someone with significantly lower stats meant you didn't lose anything. Why and when did you change this Gree? Do you want us not to raid and attack - in a war game?

And while I'm venting, how the hell, Gree, is a growler a low casualty unit since that's the only thing I ever seem to lose?

I'm not holding my breath for an answer mind you. It is war weekend so I guess everyone over at Gree is taking a long weekend. thats gree wants you to buy cash to replace your growlers. thats the reason they have these high stat cash units

stephen2013
06-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Hmm, and I just started stockpiling growlers. I don't do much pvp, but if this is really the case for everyone, I'll be super pissed. $15M a piece isn't cheap, even with a high IPH.

ScrewThis
06-13-2014, 09:52 AM
We don't need Full Frontal or whatever it was called - where you sacrifice your units. Attacking players and raiding in particular is ATROCIOUS on the growler population. Well, like my name says.... Screw This.

Rob TRK
06-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Why should you not lose units? That makes no sense at all... Just because you have higher stats doesn't make you immune to losses and if you have enough big units these will be the most likely units to lose. It's a none issue...

crazeejay
06-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Wait until your faction gets conveniently paired up against SUP. You might as well kiss them all goodbye

Lift Ticket
06-13-2014, 10:36 AM

Even before gold / indestructible units replaced all the prior cash and valor units that were destructible, you would lose 1-3 units to players 1/4 your size....

a upon a time, in this funzio game i would attack players with defense of around 10-25k with my 55k attack and would lose 1-3 of those pricey $1 million dollar B-52 planes with 36att or i forget the plane that cost 350 valor at the time.....

anyways, i think the casualty rate has reverted back to those times as we now have more cash and destructible units in our armies that make it to battle....seems fair, casualties are a part of war....

Doc Rumpies
06-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I haven't noticed any losses that bad. I have 2500+ growlers and I'll probably only lose 3-5 over the course of this WD event. I seem to lose them far more often when I get raided/attacked.

plavine
06-13-2014, 12:37 PM
The w/l algorithm is completely different from the units lost /won algorithm . They have nothing to do with each other .

What?
06-13-2014, 12:48 PM
I've been very lucky with casualties. I only lose growlers if I lose a fight (attacking and defending), or the stats are almost identical. Other than that, I never lose growlers and I have about 2500 going into battle. Most of the old timers remember when some players lost none, or very few units as compared to others. Who knows, some people may still have it...

SevenO9
06-13-2014, 01:10 PM
They are destructibles! You get them for ingame cash. Its a good thing they die imho.

Auspex
06-13-2014, 03:47 PM
I think with the value of cash units being much higher then it was by at least double the price we should see an increase in the amount of cash taken from an attack. 300K is just to paltry a sum to get when you are risking 15 million dollar units. Perhaps raise it by a factor of 10-20?

DaBoss!
06-13-2014, 04:42 PM
I think with the value of cash units being much higher then it was by at least double the price we should see an increase in the amount of cash taken from an attack. 300K is just to paltry a sum to get when you are risking 15 million dollar units. Perhaps raise it by a factor of 10-20?

That will put the fear of god into people going overvault....

Auspex
06-13-2014, 04:51 PM
With an IPH of anything over 5 million being overvault and being raided is just normal. 12 hits @ 300k then you're locked out for some (seems pretty random) period of time by then you've recovered the loss + or will at the next collection time. There is little real risk to being overvault there is huge risk to not collecting buildings that are paying out way more and are far easier to hit. maybe 10-20 times is a bit much but I don't think in a war game losing 14 million $ units to collect 300k is reasonable. With vault going up as much as it has let's see a reason to attack come back to the game. I don't mind losing cash units but for 300k...

ScrewThis
06-13-2014, 07:24 PM
In response to everyone here bleating on about them being destructible units..... Duh! I wasn't complaining about that. I was saying the loss rate on these things is INCREDIBLY high. Low casualty unit my big behind! I seem to lose one roughly every two hits when I raid. Despite my infirmary being maxed and my attack being 1 billion+ to the defender's 300k defence.

So for me there is no point raiding anymore because my return on investment sucks. I can afford not to raid, my IPH is nearing 50m, but Gree just took some of the last remaining fun out of this game for me.

Speed ump
06-13-2014, 09:58 PM
News flash, the infirmary has zero affect on your loss rate any more. I can safely raid money. Buildings, and attack players without losing units. I only lose them on defense buildings

fatbodychris
06-13-2014, 10:01 PM
No offense too, but if you have your top 3000 units consisting of 2000 growlers, what do you expect you'll lose? You know you aren't gonna lose your indestructible units. And I find it hard to believe you're losing growlers to someone with 300,000 when your attack is 1,000,000,000. But if you really are maybe you shouldn't pick on them :)

Vercingetorix
06-13-2014, 10:23 PM
Um, this is a war game app. The unfortunate reality of war is that you do lose some of your troops even if you win a battle. Cost of waging war. I'm losing troops on a daily basis, even when I win a raid/attack. But I push a couple of buttons and tadaaah, more troops reappear in exchange for gree cash.

Yes, the pun was intended.

buckshot
06-13-2014, 10:31 PM

I'm not holding my breath for an answer mind you. It is war weekend so I guess everyone over at Gree is taking a long weekend.

Its a war game. You can't fight a war without losing units on either side. Stop whining over game.

ScrewThis
06-14-2014, 02:37 AM
Its a war game. You can't fight a war without losing units on either side. Stop whining over game.

That's the point. Had the defender lost units too, I'd be fine and there'd be no thread. But looks like, if you attack defence buildings or boosts, the attacker loses a top unit half the time. The defender doesn't. We tested this many times, go give it a try yourself.

What I want to know is, why? When did the game change like this? Like I said, it just discourages completely these sort if attacks. I know as defender I'm safe, so all I need to do is stop attacking people. I usually don't give a flying monkey but I do wish Gree would stop ****ing around with the game dynamics because every now and again it is satisfying to raid someone who raids you. Not so much anymore.

So in a nutshell, war game smar game, if I as massively superior stats attacker lose more units than my weak opponent then it is kinda crap.

Grizz875
06-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Hmm were you raiding boost buildings? Haven't lost any growlers on successful attacks unless it was one where it was about even. However raiding any non-money building usually results in lost units for me

blackshepherd
06-14-2014, 10:24 AM
I wish Gree bring back pvp and fvf event. And it should runn8n= the same time with wd. Thats what u call realtime strategy. Pvp and raid the target and let ur teammates score @ WD.

Kiko Matsing
06-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Because they are the only destructible units that are in your army so its obvious they are the one going to die, try replacing your dead growlers with a lower stat unit and you will have a lower growler casualty. I got 100 growlers but so far no one have died yet, only the conflic tank and the ops plane are the units i am losing

Mcdoc
06-15-2014, 12:26 PM
I remember back in the day when people used to save up valor for the Super Hornet Jet with 32/36 (ballpark) stats and after getting 300 to 500 of them - their "Low Casualty" rate made them drop every time someone dropped by your base and even looked at your stats :

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?53840-best-valor-unit-to-buy&highlight=Super+hornet

i wonder who even has any Super Hornets left in their inventory

And 9 months from now - if anyone is even still playing the game - the lowest Valor unit will probably be 120k stats and no one will even want the Growlers :/

lemonhaze
06-15-2014, 01:10 PM
I remember back in the day when people used to save up valor for the Super Hornet Jet with 32/36 (ballpark) stats and after getting 300 to 500 of them - their "Low Casualty" rate made them drop every time someone dropped by your base and even looked at your stats :

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?53840-best-valor-unit-to-buy&highlight=Super+hornet

i wonder who even has any Super Hornets left in their inventory

And 9 months from now - if anyone is even still playing the game - the lowest Valor unit will probably be 120k stats and no one will even want the Growlers :/
i still have them..just checked and got 571 sky agressors and 1 transport raider left lol..from back in the old days of loot farming i still have a few wave breakers,1 riptide runner and 1 diamond head bomber