PDA

View Full Version : Moderators: Can you confirm or deny? GREE under investigation?

qdubbya
06-13-2014, 07:54 AM
I am in no way breaking forum Code of Conduct nor the TOS.. with that being said. This is not a RUMOR - these are simple QUESTIONS - not allegations.

Can you confirm or deny that because there are so many refunds/complaints being requested to Apple Inc. that they are no longer issuing refunds until they investigate this issue.

I am contacting GooglePlay to see what information they have available for me as far was complaints/refunds/issues/etc... as well.

Has GREE Inc. been notified that they are under investigation?

If moderators decide to be shady and delete this post - could I at least get a private message regarding the issue?

I think as paying customers we should have this information known publicly in case we have a reason to believe we should not be putting anymore money into this game.

TheBFO
06-13-2014, 08:33 AM
You're out of your mind if you think gree is going to confirm or deny this.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's true, everyone and their mother that I know has gotten refunds.

ScrewThis
06-13-2014, 08:35 AM
I Want a guarantee that if I spend money buying gold this war, Gree won't collapse and leave me out of pocket.

What's that you say? a guarantee is only as good as the person giving it? Oh, forget it then.

Napgar
06-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Hi qdubbya,
I'm not surprised - it became a quest to ask for refunds from Apple - there were even several bragging about it on this forum - it was "promoted" among members as an easy way to play "gold free" - one even bragged on this forum that he had a way to get around Apple's one-off refund policy...
And what you heard is for a large part the result of the asocial and deceiving behaviour of players. It's most disgraceful and now players with legitimate refund requests, and possible all MW players, will suffer from this.

ScrewThis
06-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Napgar, inciting people to defraud any company would be criminal activity. But in this case do you really think that's what happened? Or did people post guidance to those who did not know they had financial recourse for a product that, by all measures, plumbed new depths of "unfit for purpose"?

Jon_Snow
06-13-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm pretty sure no mod is gonna answer this question, dude.

bam bam.
06-13-2014, 09:09 AM
If it is not as advertised any money back request is legit.

A guy in China sued his wife for an ugly baby as his wife had surgery to augment her appearance and she was not "as advertised" lol.

You need to be straight up or else you leave yourself open to refunds as a minimum.

A link to China story for those in need of a laugh at how messed up our world is.
http://www.novafm.com.au/station/national/news/article/man-sues-wife-for-giving-birth-to-ugly-children

General_Anesthesia
06-13-2014, 09:28 AM
This is NOT a rumor. Apple Store is considering banning ALL games/apps that offer advertising incentives (such as free gold). This can be verified on the Web. If Goggle gets on the band-wagon, it could put Gree and others out of business.

I've noticed in the most recent in-game Modern War news feed that requirements for Epic Boss rewards have gone WAY up. Do the previously reported rewards still exist, or is this just another Bait and Switch tactic by Gree? This is totally unethical, could even be construed as fraud. I am a free player, but so many people buy gold to complete events, only to have the reward requirements changed at the last moment. Beware, Gree! Not only are your players watching, but Big Business is watching too!

What?
06-13-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm sure Apple gets a cut of all gold purchases in the App Store. When the money comes in, they choose to ignore things like the gambling aspect of a game that many minors play. But when they have to start issuing refunds for a companies mismanagement and complete incompetence, they have to take notice, because every refund they are losing money as well. Gree will never confirm or deny they are being investigated, we can only speculate that the reason 4.2 update is being held up so long is Apple has either stopped MW updates while they investigate, or taking an extra long look at the content before allowing it in the App Store. Either way it seems something is definitely going on between Gree and Apple.

{Kill Joy}
06-13-2014, 01:34 PM
They don't owe you an answer.

Shrinko
06-13-2014, 01:37 PM
They don't owe you an answer.

Sure they do. They'll answer with a ban :)

Maestro
06-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Apple is modifying how all aps do advertising. Tap joy looks to possibly take a big hit! No more advertising apps they don't own.

Speed ump
06-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Screwy, many of the people asking for refunds were encouraged to do so for the purpose of playing for free with the same money again. Yes many have issues with how gree has handled many things, but this was not why so many were requesting. Some faction leaders, and members have encouraged all their members to do so, in order to be able to produce better results with the extra money. They also were told that others were, had done it, so it was ok for them to do so. I would never tell someone not to, of they were asking based on quality of services issues, this is up to each to decide. It's also the point at which you would stop doing business with that merchant, if so. Not take a refund, then continue to play the game.

ScrewThis
06-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Speedy, what evidence do you have that people were encouraged to make frivolous claims? Have you played the game recently and have you seen the quality of the product? The past two weeks have been a new low point with all of the issues. While I will never encourage or condone fraud, I don't blame anyone who encourages a consumer to enforce their rights. And the fact that people continue to play after being given a refund means nothing. When I complain to my online grocery provider about something that wasn't right and I get a refund, I don't stop using them. Why should this be any different?

Speed ump
06-13-2014, 09:53 PM
I see someone else been drinking kool aid. Right from their own mouths screwy, in their own words. From the mouths of the players, and from the mouths of the leaders, in some factions. You're taking two way diff things and trying to compare them. If that grocery store had had the same horrible service for over a year, and continues to do so after your refund, I'd say you're a very slow learner. If the service is bad enough to ask for a refund, and continues to be so, then I would no longer grace them with my business. I would switch to a competitor. Sure, these people do grumble about the service, but only chose to try for refunds when the idea of using it as a tool to compete for free was presented.

Vercingetorix
06-13-2014, 10:10 PM
This issue galls me. There are plenty of people who continued to spend real money on this game when they knew there were glitches, hacks, cheaters and the like and then think it's okay to ask for a refund because others are saying they are getting them. They justify their actions by saying the current glitch pushed them over the edge. That is bunk. We all know it. If you spent more money than you could afford or spent more money than your entertainment budget, the fault is yours. This is a mobile device game. Its not perfect. It's not completely secure. There is always going to be someone stronger than you and there's going to be people exploiting glitches. If you are not having fun, then go play something else.

I don't care if there are hacks or glitches. If it's no longer fun, I will play 2048. I'm still trying to get that 4096 tile, but that's another story.

And let me be perfectly clear, I don't want a discussion on who is cheating. I don't care. Have fun. Be part of a faction that has people from around the world and learn something new.

Now, Speed is in a different position than I am, I don't doubt people got a refund to spend it on the current war. From where I sit and seeing the people I know that got a refund, they are using it as an excuse to get money back because they feel they overspent on the game and have buyers regret.

Jrich
06-13-2014, 10:20 PM
If a player was so dissatisfied with the game to seek a refund, then the decision has been made. They shouldn't go back to the game and spend that same money.

That is addiction at the very least.

Big she'd
06-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Apple are not giving up the golden goose , there making a killing , after all it was apple that increased the price of buying a vault of gold for us Aussies , by $20 per vault , that is on top of the cut they already get

Snatcher
06-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Gree gets daggered by Apple......

ScrewThis
06-14-2014, 02:45 AM
That is addiction at the very least.

Bingo

This isn't a game, most of it mimics or is gambling. It is an addiction for many players, for sure.

But, for all the game's past mistakes, the last few weeks have been the worst I can remember. I really don't blame people who ask for a refund: it was a piss-poor product compared even to its usual low quality standard. The only reason people are still here is because if the addiction.

bam bam.
06-14-2014, 02:47 AM
Apple are not giving up the golden goose , there making a killing , after all it was apple that increased the price of buying a vault of gold for us Aussies , by $20 per vault , that is on top of the cut they already get

It was a 30% increase. $30.00 dollars a vault on top. It's also unethical on apples part to charge this. Same as banks charging $2.00 plus per transaction etc. I stopped spending a while back. I have grounds for a refund but I'm not pursuing the issue. A few grand back would be nice but id prefer to see this game saved.

If gree turn this around that would be a true underdog story. One for the ages. They r now copping it from both ends. Consumer and provider.