PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like playing MW

Badvock
06-11-2014, 06:07 PM
We have all seen the bad things about this game on the forum for a while now, but what is that keeps you playing? What do you still enjoy, what makes you forget your girlfriend or wife and keep playing?

Please, if you wish bad mouth the game, use or start another thread. This on is for positive comments only.

reesiepuff
06-11-2014, 06:15 PM
my faction

Maz
06-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Faction friends. I've only ever been in the same 1 and I've seen it grow from a measly 4k rank faction slowly up to a top 50. Also starting streaks and wins and its risky there's always a chance, but its a change from just slamming for points. So it also is a welcome change of addition to our faction fun and comradery.

DaBoss!
06-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Pure Stupidity..............

Molly's Consigliere
06-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I don't play MW.

Please discuss.

Napgar
06-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Hi Badvock - good initiative, Thanks ! Hopefully it can offset all the complaining a bit...
I play this game for 2 years now and been in 3 factions so far - this is what I like about it and the reasons to keep playing it:
1. Factions - the interactions between players (on and off game) are great and helpful / good organization and a little bit of strategy with fellow players makes it interesting and rewarding / burdens can be shared
2. WD wars - by far my favorite event - fun, exiting and challenging - definitely the core of this game
3. Boss events - especially Raid Boss - good gains with low efforts and minimal XP gain / opportunity to move around to other factions to help each other out - creates good cooperation between factions
4. Time - good game to fill the daily time gaps - not too demanding (except for war weekends) - about total 1 hour per day is sufficient to keep up and have fun
5. Relatively cheap compared with other entertainment and cost is about same as for similar games - unfortunately it is not a free game if you want to keep up and move forward in fun but as far as I know there is no similar game where you can keep up for free...
6. Good game play variation and continued challenging - yes, there are some dull times and repetitions but there are sufficient changes in the game at regular times to keep it interesting
7. The Forum - used to be a lot better and useful - nowadays it more complaining (break down) instead of contributing - but still there are some great players who do a great effort and that makes it still worthwhile to check the forum regularly

italo512
06-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Honestly, keeps me out of my wife's hair. Most of my faction members are married with kids as well, so this is a good place to get together and bash our wives, relieve stress. We are like a support team!! We can be men here!! Lol !!!

ScrewThis
06-11-2014, 07:18 PM
@Napgar: seriously, relatively cheap? It costs about 10 vaults to be able to do all the missions and stuff and score 1500 kills, each cycle. That's 1500 every 6 weeks ( assuming you get the gold bonus). Is that cheap entertainment to you? Or do you mean it is cheap for non gold players who don't mind that they can't finish anything? This is the most insanely expensive game on iTunes.

Napgar
06-11-2014, 09:16 PM
@Napgar: seriously, relatively cheap? It costs about 10 vaults to be able to do all the missions and stuff and score 1500 kills, each cycle. That's 1500 every 6 weeks ( assuming you get the gold bonus). Is that cheap entertainment to you? Or do you mean it is cheap for non gold players who don't mind that they can't finish anything? This is the most insanely expensive game on iTunes.

Yes, you are correct - if you want to finish all events to the maximum, it becomes very expensive...
If you started playing this game recently (< 6 months), it also will be expensive to catch up.
But if you want to have an enjoyable experience with WM, you don't have to spend that much. And nowadays, the "veterans" in this game with a high IPH (> 15 million), not too high level (< 250) and members of a good performing but not demanding or too high ranked faction, don't need to spent anything to keep up.
I play with 2 accounts - both in 151-200 Tier - AD 225 and 320 - IPH about 12 million - top 100 faction and I spent 2 to 3 vaults per month but for example, do not spent any gold on LTQ or crates - most gold is spent during WD wars

mayhem
06-11-2014, 09:58 PM
I really became a fan of modern war when I realized that the construction of a base and multiple upgrades were not actually required to be a top player. All you have to do is buy vaults of gold and effectively buy the top units to establish a dominant army. It saved me so much time and energy. I look back and think about all the time I was wasting building, raiding, collecting...
Thanks Gree, you are master game developers, if I had only seen that sooner.

Splat!
06-11-2014, 10:09 PM
As ****ed up as it is, it's still the Men's version of Facebook. I didn't know their were people outside the US, turns out, there is a lot of them, and it's been fun to learn about their cultures. Made great friends here. Still don't get soccer though :(

Danger Mouse
06-11-2014, 11:10 PM
;)Getting 50% playing for free what everyone else pays through the nose to get with real money;), and then watching them complain like crazy on the forums when they don't get it.......:cool:

sstuutss
06-12-2014, 07:36 AM
The forum is where the entertainment in this game is. One train wreak after the next is great.
As for the game I'm mostly a camper these days while buying myself a new airforce and navy.

Sumiala
06-12-2014, 09:57 AM
I stick around for my faction.
If it wasn't for them, I would have left these shenanigans behind some time ago.

manbeast
06-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Forum, faction Chatroom, raiding people. Killing bosses

General Soviet
06-12-2014, 07:01 PM
I like the factions, playing with people who have as much love for this game as you do.

Plus I've put WAY too much money and time into this to quit...

Mcdoc
06-12-2014, 08:38 PM
I used to like it a lot more when customer service actually gave customer service :/

solowalker
06-12-2014, 08:52 PM
If I did not join the faction I am in, I would not be here. The friends I have made is worth all the hardships of bad service and programming. I spend way more time on Groupme than I do in the game. And I enjoy coming here to see how awesome some of the guys are at strategy and doing what they can to help us understand what curve ball Gree'd has thrown at us!

barrito
06-13-2014, 07:52 AM
I don't like playing any more that's why I quit a few months ago and it was the best decision I ever made. No more wasting massive amounts of money on fictitious units, no more wasting huge amounts of time on WD, no more stressing about falling behind, glitches in the game and the like. I only stayed as long as I did because of my faction but it was time to move on and I am glad I did. I don't regret leaving for a minute. Have fun the rest of you, if it gives you pleasure go ahead and play. For me it got to be too much time and constant involvement.