PDA

View Full Version : Uber cheap air unit, 1 gold bar = 6k in stats????

Tito89
06-10-2014, 04:43 PM
So i wake up and find a front line bomber with 6000/6000 worth 1 bar of gold and i end up buying 140 of them for my mini and 10 for my main. Anyone else got this? And if so could they post a screenshot cause mine always stuffs up on here

Dazzj10
06-10-2014, 04:49 PM
I got them..nice one for pointing it out

the BDLS
06-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Lol delete this thread, if everyone knows about it right away then there's no point

Shrinko
06-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Thanks for pointing it out. That was nice of you. :). I guess what we all doing is beginning to work.

2000y2k
06-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Plus bulk discounts give you 100 units for 75 gold.

Mr llama
06-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Got 70 with free gold a very nice little stat bump

RealLoads
06-10-2014, 05:16 PM
dont buy by 100s buy by 50s its a better deal!

2000y2k
06-10-2014, 05:18 PM
dont buy by 100s buy by 50s its a better deal!

Missed that. Used 75 free gold but could have got 100 for 70 gold. Damn Gree

qdubbya
06-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Just hit over 100m in stats... 18m stats alone with only 700 gold spent :) I like it.

Shrinko
06-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Maybe gree will learn that making things cheaper sometimes bring in more income than making things extremely expensive to the point that only a few people would want to buy them.

Tadaaah
06-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Hey all,

Unfortunately, this is a test item. Please do not buy these items as they will soon be rendered useless. All purchases on this item will be refunded. Apologies for the confusion.

the BDLS
06-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Hey all,

Unfortunately, this is a test item. Please do not buy these items as they will soon be rendered useless. All purchases on this item will be refunded. Apologies for the confusion.

And here I thought I would finally have some decent stats in this game.

SimplyminiMW
06-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Hey all,

Refunded with interest with those that have the word "Simply" in their name right???

Ajk
06-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Hey all,

Test for what exactly? To see how many will now get refunded only a portion of their gold or none? If it is a test then why make it live? Is this a test of your customer support to see how fast they can respond to tickets? Please clarify.

reesiepuff
06-10-2014, 06:16 PM
next time make it 20000 gold so no one buys it haha

Pidgeot
06-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Dont take out jets from us. Let them ride. Dont take away something that benefits us at your mistake. Remember you made us kill 140 more NPCs than needed and did not fix or compensate us. Let us have this.

SimplyminiMW
06-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Dont take out jets from us. Let them ride. Dont take away something that benefits us at your mistake. Remember you made us kill 140 more NPCs than needed and did not fix or compensate us. Let us have this.

Well they gave a portion of gold back to everyone for the fltq mistake.

Tadaaah
06-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Test for what exactly? To see how many will now get refunded only a portion of their gold or none? If it is a test then why make it live? Is this a test of your customer support to see how fast they can respond to tickets? Please clarify.

Internal testing: This should never have made it into a live build.

SimplyminiMW
06-10-2014, 06:24 PM

It's all good. With the 1 gold for 6k unit & GLTQ daily boss prize this Simply is becoming the strongest in MW pretty quickly.

Maz
06-10-2014, 06:28 PM

Lol get used to it it, you'll learn quick that many things happen that shouldn't due to grees lack of communication between each other and lack of qc/qa/beta input

lacrouch74
06-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Really? Again? Better be a full refund - we all took screen shots! Not that I assume that matters to Gree, but it will to Google & iTunes.

Pidgeot
06-10-2014, 06:40 PM
I spent 70 gold for 100. If refunded, I want back 70 gold.

warraw
06-10-2014, 06:48 PM
So gree will honorably refund us gold that was used to purchase that "1 gold air unit" due to their own mistake of pushing that sale out.

My question is this, what if I specially bought a vault of gold just to buy this air unit? It's a vault of gold I would not have actually purchased otherwise. Will u be refunding me money instead of just 1500 gold which I now have no plans to use anyway?

Answer that!

Chuck Finley
06-10-2014, 06:57 PM
So tired of this. Manage your game please. Don't have thousands of people make real life decisions to spend real money on false advertising. When WalMart accidentally advertised TVs for half the cost they honored the pricing. An honorable business would stand behind what they sell. The great thing for Gree is that this "error" doesn't hurt you financially to let people keep the units. Do some nice, we deserve it.

Chuck Finley
06-10-2014, 07:07 PM
I spent 2000 gold as part of a contractual obligation between both parties to provide a good in exchange for money. I don't want gold back! I want what I paid for.

If I tell you I made an error in judgement ever spending a dime on this game are you going to refund my money???

Vader707
06-10-2014, 07:15 PM
I also purchased gold with the express interest in purchasing that unit. Will I be getting my money back?

Pidgeot
06-10-2014, 07:18 PM
I spent 2000 gold as part of a contractual obligation between both parties to provide a good in exchange for money. I don't want gold back! I want what I paid for.

If I tell you I made an error in judgement ever spending a dime on this game are you going to refund my money???

Nicely said. I want what I paid for.

lacrouch74
06-10-2014, 07:26 PM

+++++++++1

Aengland
06-10-2014, 07:28 PM
This is getting out of control. I've kept my mouth shut about Gree until now. I purposely purchased gold for these units, to end up having them taken away? I don't want gold back, I want what I purchased. How can you legally take something from us after we purchased it, and then offer us something different in exchange?

Aengland
06-10-2014, 07:34 PM
So gree will honorably refund us gold that was used to purchase that "1 gold air unit" due to their own mistake of pushing that sale out.

My question is this, what if I specially bought a vault of gold just to buy this air unit? It's a vault of gold I would not have actually purchased otherwise. Will u be refunding me money instead of just 1500 gold which I now have no plans to use anyway?

Answer that!

Seems like they would legally have to refund us actual cash. I'm going to have to check into this more. We're not getting what we paid for, so it seems like they would have to give us our money back. Not just fake gold.

Sacrifice
06-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Hey all,

I would really appreciate a timeframe posted on when we will see this refund for these test units. WD is Friday and I would really like to see it fully refunded by then so I don't have to purchase more gold.

Please and thank you in advance for making this right.

2000y2k
06-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Well the units have already been pulled but my free Gree video gold has not been credited back.

iamnasty
06-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Well the units have already been pulled but the gold has not been credited back.

Oopss !!!!................moo :D

Tardavic
06-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Hey guys,

We want to first apologize for the Frontline test units that were unintentionally put on sale in the store.
The units should now be removed from the store, as well as from the inventories for those who bought them, and we will be refunding back the gold soon.

Skydiver2112
06-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Hey guys,

We want to first apologize for the Frontline test units that were unintentionally put on sale in the store.
The units should now be removed from the store, as well as from the inventories for those who bought them, and we will be refunding back the gold soon.

I spend real money just for buying these units! I don't want gold refunded. I either want the units I paid for or I want my cash money refunded! Cash that's breaking the camels back.
If not I will need to discuss with apple store and go much farther back than this for refunds!

qdubbya
06-10-2014, 08:33 PM

Answer that!

This is getting out of control. I've kept my mouth shut about Gree until now. I purposely purchased gold for these units, to end up having them taken away? I don't want gold back, I want what I purchased. How can you legally take something from us after we purchased it, and then offer us something different in exchange?

This is absolutely true. We paid for a product and you should honor it. It is not OUR fault your company made this mistake. Support us and we will continue spending money with your company.

Do NOT pull these items from us. This would be the honorable and LEGAL thing to do.

iamnasty
06-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Hey guys,

Strange isn't it, Gree has the time and take the immediate action to remove the unit from the store as well as from the inventory of those bought it BUT refund is pending ???..................moo :D

Aengland
06-10-2014, 08:54 PM
This is absolutely true. We paid for a product and you should honor it. It is not OUR fault your company made this mistake. Support us and we will continue spending money with your company.

Do NOT pull these items from us. This would be the honorable and LEGAL thing to do.

Too late they are pulling them. Guess I need to fight it with iTunes. Really disappointed in Gree this time.

cobra101
06-10-2014, 09:23 PM
No units, no gold refund. Nice job, gree. U really know how to make ur customers happy

cobra101
06-10-2014, 09:24 PM
It is that hard to admit u made a mistake! !!!

Little T
06-10-2014, 09:26 PM

Leave the airplanes so us little guys have a fighting chance. What good does it do to give us gold back for
Any item that is way overpriced for attack and defense pts?
Btw where was the gold (videos) again today. Tried with 2 different devices and received no gold in over 24 hours. What gives? Another glitch. I'm getting "glitched out".

Chuck Finley
06-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for making the decision easy. I quit. Lost a loyal +2 year player with others to follow.

BrisingrBoss
06-10-2014, 09:31 PM

i bought gold without the 20% discount which i usually don't do, just to get that unit. i hope you consider that when you finally refund gold. i had 350 of the, btw. and they are all gone, still waiting for my gold back. I do understand it was a mistake and you are trying to make it right, but please do make it right and take all the into consideration when you actually return the gold, please. oh and i also bought some extra gold as i was going to get more of them, and poof they were gone....

ju100
06-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks for making the decision easy. I quit. Lost a loyal +2 year player with others to follow.

same here, this week have been to much

iamnasty
06-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Leave the airplanes so us little guys have a fighting chance. What good does it do to give us gold back for
Any item that is way overpriced for attack and defense pts?
Btw where was the gold (videos) again today. Tried with 2 different devices and received no gold in over 24 hours. What gives? Another glitch. I'm getting "glitched out".

This is very true as the 6K unit will not make into any of the Top 10 players army, why not just leave as it is for the little guys ???...............:moo :D

Tito89
06-10-2014, 10:04 PM
great fun for my mini, jumped to 1mill in stats and only lv 9, bring it peeps!!!

PS - world domination will be fun....

ju100
06-10-2014, 10:06 PM
great fun for my mini, jumped to 1mill in stats and only lv 9, bring it peeps!!!

PS - world domination will be fun....

planes are already gone on my account. same goes for the gold used to buy them...

OMNI
06-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Hello All,

Our devs said that we will be returning gold spent on the unit within the next 3-4 hours. Sorry for the delay.

Johnnyshags
06-10-2014, 10:08 PM
I got them with both of my accounts and now they are gone, i would not have used 120 gold if i knew they would disappear... Wtf gree!!!

Jerle
06-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Refunds should be finished within the next few hours, that's in progress right now.

Esohceekayes
06-10-2014, 10:10 PM
I broke my own word and bought gold solely for the purchase of these units. I'm tired of being bent over like some cheap hooker. I don't want the gold refunded. I want the units that I purchased as part of a contractual obligation, or I want the cash refunded. If this isn't resolved to my satisfaction within 48 hours, I'm filing a refund request with iTunes as well as disputing it with my credit card company. "I'm sorry" only works so many times. How many times should a man be able to cheat on his wife and say "I'm sorry" and get away with it?

Rolinz
06-10-2014, 10:12 PM
What is Gree's definition of soon? 1 day? 2 days? 3 days or more?

A full refund or partial refund?

Why not refund first and then pull them from inventory after refund has been issued. Only seems fair right?

I suggest those expecting/waiting for a refund make a copy of this thread as proof in the errors made by Gree when contacting Apple Support.

This thread might "disappear" unexpectedly.

OMNI
06-10-2014, 10:27 PM
What is Gree's definition of soon? 1 day? 2 days? 3 days or more?

A full refund or partial refund?

Why not refund first and then pull them from inventory after refund has been issued. Only seems fair right?

I suggest those expecting/waiting for a refund make a copy of this thread as proof in the errors made by Gree when contacting Apple Support.

This thread might "disappear" unexpectedly.

Hey Rolinz - The plan is a full refund of gold spent on the item. It should hit accounts within the next 3-4 hours.

Rolinz
06-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Hey Rolinz - The plan is a full refund of gold spent on the item. It should hit accounts within the next 3-4 hours.

Hi Omni,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I sent a ticket in about the wasted gold I used on the faulty requirements for the recent FLTQ that required 177 kills when others got the lesser amount and since we started our level, we could not get the reset count to the lower requirement until we completed the level.

I was told the partial refund was given to certain players. I was apparently not one of them. I do not understand why your problem/bug with an event and my attempt to finish a troubled event with gold is my fault not deserving of a refund.

Does that sound fair?

My Ticket # 1658034. Can you enlighten me why your fault costs me gold and I do not deserve a refund?

2000y2k
06-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Wow.

This is the first thread I have ever seen with five different moderators post in the same thread on the same day.

Still don't think the issue was addressed correctly but why should I?

Shrinko
06-10-2014, 10:44 PM
So you took the units away and never refunded my gold. Wtf? Tadaaah, why don't you instead of sending infractions around find out wtf is going on and when gree will be refunding gold. And don't tell us to sent tickets in. If you guys can pull the units, you can figure out the gold refund.

Kiko Matsing
06-10-2014, 10:47 PM
LoL i got excited i bought the planes 5mins ago, with my 70video golds then after visiting forum and saw this thread, went back to game and the planes and the gold are gone, cant they not recall units and return them gold at the same time?
+++++10 on post above LOL 5different mods, that was fast

Badvock
06-10-2014, 10:56 PM
:( all my panels are gone and so is my gold. I've been scammed. given it was only 50g or so from videos not much of a loss.

Badvock
06-10-2014, 10:58 PM
So you took the units away and never refunded my gold. Wtf? Tadaaah, why don't you instead of sending infractions around find out wtf is going on and when gree will be refunding gold. And don't tell us to sent tickets in. If you guys can pull the units, you can figure out the gold refund.

I don't know, it is a hard equation to work out.

1 Unit = 1 Gold. Hmmmmm, that cant be right.

qdubbya
06-10-2014, 10:58 PM
From GREE Inc. Terms of Service.

You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund. You agree that in the event that these Terms of Service, your Account, the Service as a whole or the applicable portion of the Service is terminated or discontinued for any reason, you will forfeit all Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods. GREE will have no liability to you in connection with that forfeiture.

I paid for Virtual Goods with REAL money - I do not want a refund, I want the product I paid for and received and then had taken away (in which I still have not received a refund). That is a binding contract of purchaser/seller.

I, like most - would not have otherwise purchased Gold in game unless it was for this unit. It is not the consumer's fault and we should not be treated this way because of GREE's mistake.

Pidgeot
06-10-2014, 11:11 PM
When can I expect my 70 gold back?

Maz
06-10-2014, 11:36 PM

I paid for Virtual Goods with REAL money - I do not want a refund, I want the product I paid for and received and then had taken away (in which I still have not received a refund). That is a binding contract of purchaser/seller.

I, like most - would not have otherwise purchased Gold in game unless it was for this unit. It is not the consumer's fault and we should not be treated this way because of GREE's mistake.

You realize in the quote of the tos you did, it says

unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund.

Meaning gree can decide if they choose, to do refunds and the like..? Kinda opposite what your going for there..

iamnasty
06-10-2014, 11:42 PM

Yes, you did your homework, compensation should not be on what you've spent but also for the inconvieneces caused should be compensated!!! It's very clear Gree made the mistake therefore compensation should be plus for the inconvieneces occurred ......moo👀💤💤

Rolinz
06-10-2014, 11:43 PM

unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund.

Meaning gree can decide if they choose, to do refunds and the like..? Kinda opposite what your going for there..

A way for Gree to not give refunds and keep the gold. Their discretion. They decide to "keep" the gold?

Mr llama
06-10-2014, 11:45 PM
Not expecting my 70 gold back.

iamnasty
06-10-2014, 11:46 PM

Send a ticket to ITune, very sure you'll get a refund within 5 working days and no question asked !!!

etherealstorm
06-10-2014, 11:56 PM
I, like so many others, only purchased the gold for those units. I want a full refund for ALL the money I spent on this game, or I will have my mobile provider go after you for false advertising, and faulty sales. YOUR company made this mistake, NOT us! If I do not see money, (and by money I do not mean your "play money", but my REAL money, refunded to me, or mine, my daughters, and everyone else's units we legally purchased RETURNED, I will be forced to take legal action. And do not EVEN try to play the "Its written in our contract that purchases cannot be refunded" card. That will not work in this case, and if your lawyers say you're covered, you may want to hire a real lawyer, because I can promise mine are much better than yours!

Tito89
06-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Sorry did i hear refund? obviously not because ive received none of the approximate 90 gold ive spent on my mini...
byebye 1 mill atk/def and my gold, ill miss ya

account id - 477036894

-ilh-
06-11-2014, 12:05 AM
I want my gold back ta. I shouldn't be punished for your incompetence...

MJR.Dikpuncher
06-11-2014, 12:24 AM
WHY DONT WE FORM A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT?

Gree's long standing reputation of incompetence, shady business practice and cash-grab tactics have long been noted. That is all this latest move was, a freaking cash-grab. They even got players who vowed to never spend real money on this game to buy gold. IMAGINE how much money they made off of this intentional move. And it was no doubt intentional. Their programers, im sure, dont have the authority to just implant new items and or units at will. They MUST go through a system of checks and balances, before the "okay" is given to roll out a new item, unit, or event. This stuff is planned out way down the line. Any successful, or should I say, profitable business has a plan. And this was definitely part of the plan. This cannot be a simple case of "we forgot to carry the '0'". They have a history. They have been using the excuse of gross incompetence as a facade for their scams long enough.

Its time we organize a Class Action Suit against them. Period.

qdubbya
06-11-2014, 12:29 AM
GREE,

It's been hours - where is our refunds!?

I spent well over $100.00 - I see no refund on my debit card NOR do I see the GOLD on either of my accounts.

Also are you refunding the "free gold" players have used to buy these units as well!?

TKD Benji
06-11-2014, 12:29 AM
I had my gold automatically refunded about an our ago ,
Same with mini but unit still avalible on my mini haha
And It all was free gold

TKD Benji
06-11-2014, 12:30 AM
And I'm a free

qdubbya
06-11-2014, 12:32 AM
Here is a link to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau...

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/gree-international-in-san-francisco-ca-389471/file-a-complaint

Fyffe
06-11-2014, 12:41 AM
The problem is I spent money to buy gold to purchase that unit, had I known it was getting taken away I wouldn't have spent my money on the gold. Now I have gold that I have no use for. What they did was without a doubt False Advertising.

qdubbya
06-11-2014, 12:47 AM
The problem is I spent money to buy gold to purchase that unit, had I known it was getting taken away I wouldn't have spent my money on the gold. Now I have gold that I have no use for. What they did was without a doubt False Advertising.

I agree - I wouldn't of purchased the gold otherwise.

qdubbya
06-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Gree,

If you go and purchase a car for a great price ... pay for the vehicle.. deal is done. they have their money and you have your vehicle... that contract is FINISHED.

Now the guy who sold you the car can't come back to you and say "Oh, I didn't charge you enough for the car - I want my car back."

It doesn't work like that. This is SHADY business.

Ajk
06-11-2014, 12:52 AM
Or give you a Kia when you clearly bought a Cadillac.

Shrinko
06-11-2014, 01:06 AM
Be careful before Tadaaah sends you an infraction for creating "unrest". I just wanna know where he got that word. The biggest problem is the gree's staff creating the biggest unrest ever every day.

Shrinko
06-11-2014, 01:09 AM

Maybe that's what they were doing. They wanted people to buy gold. They knew people will jump and buy gold to get that cheap unit. Once gold was bought, they pulled the usual BS.

qdubbya
06-11-2014, 01:10 AM
Be careful before Tadaaah sends you an infraction for creating "unrest". I just wanna know where he got that word. The biggest problem is the gree's staff creating the biggest unrest ever every day.

Oh... I've already received 1 "infraction" from Tadaaah... I dont know what happened to freedom of speech... lol

Dear qdubbya,

You have received an infraction at GREE Forum.

Reason: Staff Insults
-------
Hello,

You are receiving this infraction due to staff insults. Please read and review the Forum Code of Conduct to avoid situations like these in the future. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Community Team
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Splat!
06-11-2014, 01:11 AM
I agree - I wouldn't of purchased the gold otherwise.
i too would not have purchased the gold today otherwise, and certainly never when not on sale. Tardavik and Jerle, we need all gold purchase made today to be refunded in the currency we purchased it in! All! If I wanted to buy gold to sit in my acct, I would have done so. I did not. I was buying the planes, and only the planes and definitely not spare gold. I figured this was a real price for Full Assault and just another stat inflation.

This is a textbook bait and switch. We entered into a contract to purchase the airplanes and you switched us to gold, which I never wanted on that acct in the least. The 4 elements of a contract are offer, acceptance, consideration and occurrence. Each of these 4 were completed. GREE has no legal right to rescind these contracts in the US. A 1 sided alleatory TOS does not / cannot override centuries of contract law. Please do take this to your Legal Dept, who should tell you the same, and then please do the right thing once confirmed.

da wife
06-11-2014, 01:11 AM
So i wake up and find a front line bomber with 6000/6000 worth 1 bar of gold and i end up buying 140 of them for my mini and 10 for my main. Anyone else got this? And if so could they post a screenshot cause mine always stuffs up on here

We also bought these units with gold only to find that gree had taken them back off of us as well as we are out of the good. They did not give it back. Check yours!

Shrinko
06-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Oh... I've already received 1 "infraction" from Tadaaah... I dont know what happened to freedom of speech... lol

Lol funny. He sent me one for creating "unrest". Gree is the one creating unrest and not us. They can shut us up on the forum but that wouldn't resolve the problem with their product and their staff

MJR.Dikpuncher
06-11-2014, 01:22 AM
Here is a link to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau...

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/gree-international-in-san-francisco-ca-389471/file-a-complaint

I did this. Super easy, took 5-10 min. EVERYONE DEMAND THE UNITS REPLACED. NOT A REFUND.

Napgar
06-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Wow, a lot of commotion on the Forum about these 1 Gold planes... and I can understand the frustration but all the allegation of malpractice are a bit overdone to my opinion...
When I was told about it, my immediate reaction was that it was either a GREE joke, mistake (there was namely also a 2 AD infantry unit for $1...) or gift.
Tried to buy one plane and it went tru, so it was not a joke... and had to conclude it was a mistake. Logic conclusion should be to NOT spent money on something which was obviously a mistake (if it was a gift from GREE, I'm sure they would let us know...) unless of course, you have in mind to take advantage of the mistake as happened a few times before...

BlackSheep
06-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Many hours have passed since my units that I legally purchased were stolen from me, on three separate accounts, and I have no refunded gold to show for them!! Much rather have the "real" cash back that I used to purchase vaults of gold, that I wouldn't otherwise have done, but at the least, GREE shouldn't have removed the units without the gold refund taking place simultaneously!! Shame on you GREE, and shame on me, for knowing in my soul that this was going to happen like this, when it seemed too good to be true!!!!!!

Stumps
06-11-2014, 01:46 AM
Mods, Why didnt you just let everyone keep the units? I seen them, a lot of ppl in my faction bought them, i did not. Why, they were only a 6k unit. If ppl want to spend gold on them, let them.

As long as everyone had the option to buy them (i think there was 3days left), leave them on sale. In fact, i like the thought of s random "fire" sale.

MJR.Dikpuncher
06-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Link to file complaint to Better Business Bureau. Only takes 5 min!

Shrinko
06-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Wow, a lot of commotion on the Forum about these 1 Gold planes... and I can understand the frustration but all the allegation of malpractice are a bit overdone to my opinion...
When I was told about it, my immediate reaction was that it was either a GREE joke, mistake (there was namely also a 2 AD infantry unit for $1...) or gift.
Tried to buy one plane and it went tru, so it was not a joke... and had to conclude it was a mistake. Logic conclusion should be to NOT spent money on something which was obviously a mistake (if it was a gift from GREE, I'm sure they would let us know...) unless of course, you have in mind to take advantage of the mistake as happened a few times before...

You should apply for a job at gree. You will fit right in. They always blames players when things go wrong. Personally when I saw that unit for 1 gold, I thought that gree decided to make a lot of money quickly and so they did. They did make a lot of money within a few hours because people bought a lot of gold to buy that unit.

The smartest way to resolve the problem would've been just to remove the unit from the store and not to take it from people who already bought it. Once it's bought, it's gone. It's not for gree to go into people's inventory and remove items that were honestly purchased especially when purchased with gold.

Splat!
06-11-2014, 01:52 AM
I didn't think it was a mistake at all. I figured it was a way for GREE to get lots of us to purchase gold units to deploy in Full Assault. These are only 6 each, so FA was a plausible reason and realistic price for the price. I for one did not think the price was quite low enough to burn these units by the 10's in FA. Bargain? What bargain?

qdubbya
06-11-2014, 02:56 AM
bait and switch n. a dishonest sales practice in which a business advertises a bargain price for an item in order to draw customers into the store and then tells the prospective buyer that the advertised item is of poor quality or no longer available and attempts to switch the customer to a more expensive product. In most states this practice is a crime and can also be the basis for a personal lawsuit if damages can be proved. The business using "bait and switch" is an apt target for a class action since there are many customers but each transaction scarcely warrants the costs of a suit alone.

Now instead of us purchasing UNIT's in game now the units are removed and we are "refunded" VIRTUAL GOLD in game. This is bait-and-switch. If you're going to offer a re-fund it needs to be REFUNDED into our bank accounts. Not into GREE's bank account.

This is Illegal!

MJR.Dikpuncher
06-11-2014, 02:57 AM
5 hours later and NO ACTION TAKEN for replacement of units or reimbursement. I HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. Im sure many others have as well. Just to further motivate you guys to give us our units back that we legally paid for, ill repost the link to the BBB formal complaint against Gree International. The process only takes 5 min and is very, very easy...

I presume Gree will be dealing with the BBB in less than 48 hours. But none the less, lets keep filing complaints.

MJR.Dikpuncher
06-11-2014, 03:08 AM
Heres the link

Make sure in STEP 1 of complaint you click NO in all 4 or 5 of the initial questions. Otherwise it will refer you to another resource for legal action.

Although other avenues of legal action are welcomed! GREE, CAN YOU SAY: CLASS ACTION??

This crap has gone on long enough.

Skydiver2112
06-11-2014, 04:03 AM
Jerry McGuire ...... Show me THE MONEY!

debruyn4
06-11-2014, 04:35 AM
And thanks again to the goof that posted this to begin with. some people just cant help themselves from doing stupid things. if you can get something off of gree for their own mistake why screw it up for everyone? if you need to spread the news use groupme or one of the other messaging apps to spread the news. but again, just shows you cant fix stupid! lol

ju100
06-11-2014, 04:36 AM
So... my planes have been taken back by Gree. Gold have been refunded...
But I still encounter people with 50 of those as their top unit. Do they have to log back in to remove them or is it just that the script did not run through all of the accounts?
Please enlighten me...

34DD
06-11-2014, 04:58 AM
It's been HOURS since they said they'd start rolling out refunds, and yet my gold has still not been returned. Is anyone else in the same boat?

qdubbya
06-11-2014, 05:11 AM
It's been HOURS since they said they'd start rolling out refunds, and yet my gold has still not been returned. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Nope - I still have not received a refund on EITHER of my accounts even after submitting tickets.

jj JJ
06-11-2014, 05:16 AM
Hey all,

Good job Gree! You have figured out how to crush what little moral boost this gave the community and took it even lower than it was before.

But wait, you guys can figure out how to publish a test unit, take it away, and perform a refund? If this is the case why so many recent Frack-ups? Events that deploy late! Data usage that's quadruples even my Netflix viewing! players hacking the system! Event that don't work! Heck, you guys seem to be having problems with the globe of all things, I mean come on already, its just a simple calendar!

Respectfully, jj

34DD
06-11-2014, 05:19 AM
Your "3-4 hours" were up 3 hours ago, and still no refund. This is ridiculous.

Little T
06-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Hey all,

I did not get a full refund on the gold and game monies spent on the jets, 6k a/d, fighting men (1 a/d) ground machinerary with 40/40 a/d. It's bad enough you take away the best price figures to be bought then you rip us off. I want my gold and monies back or the game pieces.

sraghav42
06-11-2014, 05:34 AM
Haha again MW players got fooled by GREE.

lacrouch74
06-11-2014, 05:55 AM
Got my refund on iOS, but nothing on Droid. hope to see it very soon............

Johnnyshags
06-11-2014, 05:56 AM
Your "3-4 hours" were up 3 hours ago, and still no refund. This is ridiculous.

Have you emailed them to make them aware? I got my refund hours ago

Johnnyshags
06-11-2014, 05:58 AM
I did not get a full refund on the gold and game monies spent on the jets, 6k a/d, fighting men (1 a/d) ground machinerary with 40/40 a/d. It's bad enough you take away the best price figures to be bought then you rip us off. I want my gold and monies back or the game pieces.

Why the f would you buy the 1 attack 1 defense troops???????????????? Or even the 40 attack 40 defense troops????????? Those were garbage!!!!

34DD
06-11-2014, 06:03 AM
Yes, I sent a ticket in this morning at 7:15am. No response yet. No Refund yet. Surprise, surprise!

34DD
06-11-2014, 06:04 AM
Are you on iOS or Droid, Johnny? Sounds like iOS folks have received their refunds, but not Droid users...

Chuck Finley
06-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Maybe that's what they were doing. They wanted people to buy gold. They knew people will jump and buy gold to get that cheap unit. Once gold was bought, they pulled the usual BS.

Very interesting thought! Sad thing is it likely worked.

Chuck Finley
06-11-2014, 06:42 AM
Very interesting thought! Sad thing is it likely worked.

I FINALLY BEAT GREE!! I quit and erased the game. They lost a loyal +2 year player today.

I realized if a store ripped me off and jerked me around over and over I would stop shopping there so why continue to give GREE my business?

I feel bad for those who bought gold just for this unit and now get refunded gold they would never have bought if it weren't for this unit. SO WRONG!

the BDLS
06-11-2014, 06:46 AM
Clearly, the lot of you are a bunch of liars. None of you bought "extra" vaults of gold because you saw a 6k unit available for 1 gold. You are using this as an opportunity to get all the gold you've bought in your lifetime back and as a way to attack the company. Grow up and stop trying to create unnecessary hype.

iamnasty
06-11-2014, 06:48 AM
I FINALLY BEAT GREE!! I quit and erased the game. They lost a loyal +2 year player today.

I realized if a store ripped me off and jerked me around over and over I would stop shopping there so why continue to give GREE my business?

I feel bad for those who bought gold just for this unit and now get refunded gold they would never have bought if it weren't for this unit. SO WRONG!

++1.......AGREED.............moo������

Chuck Finley
06-11-2014, 06:48 AM
Clearly, the lot of you are a bunch of liars. None of you bought "extra" vaults of gold because you saw a 6k unit available for 1 gold. You are using this as an opportunity to get all the gold you've bought in your lifetime back and as a way to attack the company. Grow up and stop trying to create unnecessary hype.

I absolutely did and others I know did too. I quit so don't really care if the gold gets refunded.

sstuutss
06-11-2014, 06:50 AM
How do these guys go to work in the morning?
Their team slogan must be 'each day a bigger screw up than the last'
I get more enjoyment these days watching gree move for one wreak to the next than I do from the game
Stil no word on CASH refunds I see.........in fact completely ignored those posts

etherealstorm
06-11-2014, 07:17 AM

Its called receipts! I have them. And so would anyone else that bought gold. And that's not even the whole issue anymore. What about the many attacks and raids I did last night because I was built up with those units? Only to wake up this morning to find that all those I attacked got their revenge easily! We all DO Need compensation for this EPIC screw up by Gree!

Little T
06-11-2014, 07:19 AM
You should apply for a job at gree. You will fit right in. They always blames players when things go wrong. Personally when I saw that unit for 1 gold, I thought that gree decided to make a lot of money quickly and so they did. They did make a lot of money within a few hours because people bought a lot of gold to buy that unit.

The smartest way to resolve the problem would've been just to remove the unit from the store and not to take it from people who already bought it. Once it's bought, it's gone. It's not for gree to go into people's inventory and remove items that were honestly purchased especially when purchased with gold.

I thought that the smaller price items and gold items was to give new players a chance to take part in upcoming war. I did not think it was a mistake or joke. Guess I haven't done enough business with this company to know that they were this underhanded and greedy. Much worse than other gaming companies I play.

SimplyminiMW
06-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Its called receipts! I have them. And so would anyone else that bought gold. And that's not even the whole issue anymore. What about the many attacks and raids I did last night because I was built up with those units? Only to wake up this morning to find that all those I attacked got their revenge easily! We all DO Need compensation for this EPIC screw up by Gree!

if you consider this an epic screw up then you must have just started playing gree games.

Yall are acting like little kids. Gree made a mistake and they corrected their mistake. Just like they always do. Doesn't mean the correction will still benefit you but it was the right thing to do.

and I don't believe for a second someone bought vault(s) just for this unit. It was an obvious mistake.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
06-11-2014, 07:34 AM
Just a thought.
If you possess the big red plane (vicious something) from a previous valor glitch, the lil red plane (1 gold glitch) might be connected as a way for them to REPO the big red valor plane too.

Web323
06-11-2014, 07:36 AM
Just a thought.
If you possess the big red plane (vicious something) from a previous valor glitch, the lil red plane (1 gold glitch) might be connected as a way for them to REPO the big red valor plane too.

Nope, still see players on rivals list with anywhere from 1 to 10 of them.

Jclarke
06-11-2014, 07:40 AM

I bought them as well. c'mon Tadaaah, are you kidding? Who is driving the Gree bus over there, Alfred E. Newman?

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
06-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Nope, still see players on rivals list with anywhere from 1 to 10 of them.

Just a guess, far too complex for these guys.
Next guess, a beta came out at same time.
The 1 gold lil red plane might be connect to beta test?
but it got release everywhere for everyone to see.

these guys very good at that kind of mix up.

Skydiver2112
06-11-2014, 08:54 AM

I'm not sure if you understand reality as it is but many did buy gold, myself included, just because of the 3 day sale they offered on the red plane. While I didn't buy a vault I did buy $19.99 worth of gold each for 3 of my devices and when GREE decided they made a mistake I decided to ask them to either refund my cash to my card or replace the units I purchased because if the special hadn't been offered I wouldn't have spent my real cash for the gold at all. The refund of gold is not acceptable to me or many others as once again I would not have spent that real money at full price just for gold to sit in my game vault.

The hype is necessary and you sir are crossing the line by calling many here liars. If you purchase something based on the price offered and receive that item and then the items are removed and your real money is replaced with imaginary gold without the option of getting back your real money this then is theft by deception. They have my real cash and I have their fake gold!

You should realize what happened to many here and I for one have contacted the App Store explaining what happened and I do want my real money back or the units I purchased.

The real world doesn't allow for such shenanigans by companies and if a class action law suit is put together based on all of the discrepancies that have occurred over the time I've played I don't see where the suit would not be successful.

cobra101
06-11-2014, 09:10 AM
got gold refunded for my account on iphone but have NOT got gold back for account on andriod ::::((((((

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
06-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Code of conduct for players.
Is there a code of conduct for vendors?
Governments like to make rules and laws for the little guy, don't they?
seems as if others do, too.
Do as I command, do not do as I behave.

cobra101
06-11-2014, 09:20 AM
GREE, could you refund the gold as quick as you remove the bomber:mad:

the BDLS
06-11-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure if you understand reality as it is but many did buy gold, myself included, just because of the 3 day sale they offered on the red plane. While I didn't buy a vault I did buy $19.99 worth of gold each for 3 of my devices and when GREE decided they made a mistake I decided to ask them to either refund my cash to my card or replace the units I purchased because if the special hadn't been offered I wouldn't have spent my real cash for the gold at all. The refund of gold is not acceptable to me or many others as once again I would not have spent that real money at full price just for gold to sit in my game vault.

The hype is necessary and you sir are crossing the line by calling many here liars. If you purchase something based on the price offered and receive that item and then the items are removed and your real money is replaced with imaginary gold without the option of getting back your real money this then is theft by deception. They have my real cash and I have their fake gold!

You should realize what happened to many here and I for one have contacted the App Store explaining what happened and I do want my real money back or the units I purchased.

The real world doesn't allow for such shenanigans by companies and if a class action law suit is put together based on all of the discrepancies that have occurred over the time I've played I don't see where the suit would not be successful.

Okay, so it does sound feasible that you would spend $20 to get some extra gold and buy these units, but VAULTS of gold is a blatant lie. Those who have claimed just now that they bought several vaults of gold to get a 6k unit have bought vaults of gold before and likely have high enough stats that the 6k units don't make that much of a movement in their army. If you have the propensity to consume that you would simply spend over 200 dollars for a unit now, then you have done it before.

OMNI
06-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Hi Folks,

I apologize for the delay in this update. We completed gold refunds for iOS players about 10 hours ago and Android players should have received their gold refund about 1 hour ago. Again we apologize for the delay.

Shrinko
06-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Hi Folks,

I apologize for the delay in this update. We completed gold refunds for iOS players about 10 hours ago and Android players should have received their gold refund about 1 hour ago. Again we apologize for the delay.
How about addressing other issues raised?

Otter007
06-11-2014, 10:44 AM
I see that Gree took back all the air units i bought yestrday! (6000/6000 = 1gold) They also took back the infantry unit that was 1/1 = 1 dollar. ANYONE GETS ANY ANSWERS YET?

Adm. J(K96)
06-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Wow, I can finally reply to a thread! It only took how many months? Thanks Tadaaah! Will get back to the topic at hand shortly.

qdubbya
06-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Hi Folks,

Seriously?

Just going to completely turn a blind-eye to EVERYTHING we are saying?

I really really really hope Karma catches up to whoever makes these decisions at GREE.

Tadaaah
06-11-2014, 11:27 AM
I see that Gree took back all the air units i bought yestrday! (6000/6000 = 1gold) They also took back the infantry unit that was 1/1 = 1 dollar. ANYONE GETS ANY ANSWERS YET?

What answer are you looking for? Apologies, just looking for some clarification.

The units were not suppose to be in the game as they are to be used for another purpose. The units have been stripped from accounts and refunds were awarded for these items.

qdubbya
06-11-2014, 11:34 AM
What answer are you looking for? Apologies, just looking for some clarification.

The units were not suppose to be in the game as they are to be used for another purpose. The units have been stripped from accounts and refunds were awarded for these items.

Then everybody should be refunded ACTUAL money. Not Gold.

We paid for a product in which you took back, but yet - GREE STILL GETS PAID... It's Bait-n-Switch, which is ILLEGAL.

No matter if this was a "mistake" - your customers should not have to be punished for GREE's lack of common sense.

GrimAmoeba
06-11-2014, 11:45 AM

We paid for a product in which you took back, but yet - GREE STILL GETS PAID... It's Bait-n-Switch, which is ILLEGAL.

No matter if this was a "mistake" - your customers should not have to be punished for GREE's lack of common sense.

and honestly are you going to give me another "infraction" for speaking my mind and having an opinion!?

A lot of whining female dogs in this place

the BDLS
06-11-2014, 11:57 AM

and honestly are you going to give me another "infraction" for speaking my mind and having an opinion!?

And how do you suppose they do that? Are they to take your word that you sincerely bought extra gold for the sole purpose of buying this 6k unit? And to be honest, the gold is just a virtual medium of exchange. You paid for gold using your real-world currency. The final product was the unit which is what was exchanged for the gold. The unit was called back and the gold was refunded. Fair practice.

Let's say that you're from the United States and you go to a country that uses the euro as the medium of exchange. Let's say you see a piece of machinery that you want to buy and you need euros. So you purchase the euro using your dollars and use the euros to purchase the machinery and then all of a sudden the store says that the piece of equipment has a defect and needs to be recalled. The store would take the item back from you and then refund you the euros. The store wouldn't give you your dollars back because you "only purchased the euros to get that piece of equipment." It's the same situation here with this defunct unit, albeit you can re-purchase dollars with your euros. But GREE's policy has a mandate that you can't re-purchase your dollars with gold.

Esohceekayes
06-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Apparently the answer is to seek refunds via iTunes. While two of you are smug enough to act like it's not a big deal, it is to some of us.

SimplyminiMW
06-11-2014, 12:03 PM
And how do you suppose they do that? Are they to take your word that you sincerely bought extra gold for the sole purpose of buying this 6k unit? And to be honest, the gold is just a virtual medium of exchange. You paid for gold using your real-world currency. The final product was the unit which is what was exchanged for the gold. The unit was called back and the gold was refunded. Fair practice.

Let's say that you're from the United States and you go to a country that uses the euro as the medium of exchange. Let's say you see a piece of machinery that you want to buy and you need euros. So you purchase the euro using your dollars and use the euros to purchase the machinery and then all of a sudden the store says that the piece of equipment has a defect and needs to be recalled. The store would take the item back from you and then refund you the euros. The store wouldn't give you your dollars back because you "only purchased the euros to get that piece of equipment." It's the same situation here with this defunct unit, albeit you can re-purchase dollars with your euros. But GREE's policy has a mandate that you can't re-purchase your dollars with gold.

+1

The only way people are getting iTune refunds because of this is if they are lying to Apple about the reason. Apple shouldn't be refunding you your money back for this situation. It's called fraud by the way.

Staffordbhoy
06-11-2014, 12:15 PM

What I'm looking for is either my cash refunded and the extra vault of gold I bought taken back, or 20% more gold as I would have bought that when the sale starts during the war. I spent 600 gold I had plus bought an extra vault to take advantage of the plane offer. I would have held off until the weekend gold sale normally.

Your company has zero ethics. If it had any customer service ethos at all it would either have pulled the plane off the store and left those of us who bought them alone. Or it would have pulled them all back and provided additional compensation for the customers who had been misled into buying them due to your error.

Instead you attitude has now developed into " what do you want an apology?" Mode. You will continue to lose clients in droves with this nonsense. I will be taking this up with apple if I don't see progress

Ozymandias
06-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Wow, I can finally reply to a thread! It only took how many months? Thanks Tadaaah! Will get back to the topic at hand shortly.

Wow, me too!!!! Now the fun starts!

SimplyminiMW
06-11-2014, 12:28 PM
What I'm looking for is either my cash refunded and the extra vault of gold I bought taken back, or 20% more gold as I would have bought that when the sale starts during the war. I spent 600 gold I had plus bought an extra vault to take advantage of the plane offer. I would have held off until the weekend gold sale normally.

Your company has zero ethics. If it had any customer service ethos at all it would either have pulled the plane off the store and left those of us who bought them alone. Or it would have pulled them all back and provided additional compensation for the customers who had been misled into buying them due to your error.

Instead you attitude has now developed into " what do you want an apology?" Mode. You will continue to lose clients in droves with this nonsense. I will be taking this up with apple if I don't see progress

Ugh...I know some people can't read English so well around here. Tadaaah wasn't asking you if you want "apologies". He was merely apologizing to you because he wasn't sure what you needed answers for.

What answer are you looking for?I apologize. I am just looking for some clarification to what answers you need.

I have edited his response to be more clear for you Staffordbhoy.

SimplyminiMW
06-11-2014, 12:36 PM
OR and yes this is a big OR, people bought gold to buy a unit that was OBVIOUSLY an error. So y'all took advantage of a glitch and gree fixed it so now y'all are pissed. When really y'all should just look in the mirror to whom to be pissed off @. You buy gold, you buy a glitched unit, gree takes away said glitched unit & refunds your GOLD. But that's not good enough you want your physical cash back.

Smh, yes alot of whining.

VSH
06-11-2014, 12:40 PM

You have tried to offer a reasoned approach to defend the position of GREE, but your analogy is flawed.
If I purchased Euros with my dollars or GBP, and the deal feel through, I would simply convert the Euros back to dollars or GBP, or better yet try and find another supplier to take my Euros and complete the deal.
The fundamental difference with buying the in game gold is that is of bugger all use to you anywhere except in this game.
Nobody can take their gold anywhere else, you can't use it anywhere else. I can't just convert my gold back to real cash, not easily anyway.
Someone referred to this as bait and switch which I believe is a fair assessment of the immoral business ethics practised by GREE. Telling people, "tough, that's the way it goes" is not only cynical but hugely insulting.

Dazzj10
06-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Thanks for refunding my gold gree

the BDLS
06-11-2014, 12:43 PM
You have tried to offer a reasoned approach to defend the position of GREE, but your analogy is flawed.
If I purchased Euros with my dollars or GBP, and the deal feel through, I would simply convert the Euros back to dollars or GBP, or better yet try and find another supplier to take my Euros and complete the deal.
The fundamental difference with buying the in game gold is that is of bugger all use to you anywhere except in this game.
Nobody can take their gold anywhere else, you can't use it anywhere else. I can't just convert my gold back to real cash, not easily anyway.
Someone referred to this as bait and switch which I believe is a fair assessment of the immoral business ethics practised by GREE. Telling people, "tough, that's the way it goes" is not only cynical but hugely insulting.

If you read the whole post, you'll see that I've already said that this is stated in their policy. Read the company's policy.

Maz
06-11-2014, 12:46 PM

I agree with the analogy used, but on the other hand as you said, you'd take the refunded euros and convert back to dollars.

This is also true, BUT it would not be the store/gree that would exchange the euros to dollars for you, you would have to go outside to a diff source as the store did their part and gave u the euros back in which to paid for the item, in this case gold, you'd have to go else where to get the gold/euros changed back.

So both sides have valid points

Staffordbhoy
06-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Ok Simplymini clearly you have a problem with English, not I

The gree response was not what you imagined or recreated. It was curt, and suggested that the matter was closed. Try ry reading what was written, and get some basic understanding of punctuation. Apologies, (note the coma that means pause) then the second possibility, just looking for some clarification.

Of course gree understand the point the players effected are making and they are choosing to complete ignore it.

On a more general point, if this has not affected you, It's quite easy to send gree the proof of the gold purchase if they need it.

Let's keep the thread clear for the players effected, and the opinions of others who did not buy or use gold are simply a distraction.

Tadaaah
06-11-2014, 12:59 PM
I really just needed some clarification on what was asked. I apologize for not making that clear. The matter has not been ignored; the gold was refunded for the units. We are unable to verify the motivation behind the gold purchase; therefore, we are not refunding those.

Please note: Forums are for open discussion. Please do not try and "kick" people out of threads.

ScrewThis
06-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Long and short of this debacle is as follows:

Gree offered a specific product at a specific price
This was a mistake, but known only to Gree
Some people paid real money, to buy game currency, to buy the unit. This was "new money" for Gree
They say they would not have bought game currency otherwise
Gree then unilaterally took the unit away and refunded game currency, not the real money
Gree benefits financially because they keep the real money
But they would not have seen any of that real money had they not made the mistake to start with
It costs Gree nothing to refund game currency so that's what they do and think the case is closed

Analogy: An airline offers a plane ticket to an island destination at a bargain price. You buy the ticket. Then the airline says, "Sorry we made a mistake. However, we won't refund your actual cash, we will give you credit you can use towards another ticket in future. Yes it was our mistake but that's tough, we will keep your money in the meantime."

Is it possible some people claim they spent real money while they didn't really? Of course. Does that justify Gree's behaviour? Absolutely not. Gree made the mistake, Gree should pay up. When we make a mistake and accidentally tap in a buy button in this game it is gold down the drain, no refunds ever. When Gree makes a mistake people have to suffer the financial consequences and Gree wins again? No way.

And by the way I bought just one of those planes, I don't know if I got my one gold refunded or not, and I don't care. But I do care a LOT about the principle here and will do what I can to help those who lost out at the hands of Gree yet again.

ScrewThis
06-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Isn't the easiest solution to let people keep these stupid units? That way Gree doesn't have to investigate whether new gold was bought and people can't complain that they should be refunded.

Bottom line is Gree made the mistake, Gree should sort it out and refunding gold isn't cutting it for some folks who enriched Gree with real dollars.

Matt-Austin
06-11-2014, 01:15 PM
To the doubters out there, I know of people in my faction that did buy at least a vault or more just to buy up that unit. I did not but used what I had left. Then when the gold was "replaced", I only got 60% back of what I spent. The reply from gree was basically tough crap. I will never spend another dime on this game again. My 6yr old could program better than their people. Name the last event that didn't have some kind of glitch!

the BDLS
06-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Long and short of this debacle is as follows:

Gree offered a specific product at a specific price
This was a mistake, but known only to Gree
Some people paid real money, to buy game currency, to buy the unit. This was "new money" for Gree
They say they would not have bought game currency otherwise
Gree then unilaterally took the unit away and refunded game currency, not the real money
Gree benefits financially because they keep the real money
But they would not have seen any of that real money had they not made the mistake to start with
It costs Gree nothing to refund game currency so that's what they do and think the case is closed

Analogy: An airline offers a plane ticket to an island destination at a bargain price. You buy the ticket. Then the airline says, "Sorry we made a mistake. However, we won't refund your actual cash, we will give you credit you can use towards another ticket in future. Yes it was our mistake but that's tough, we will keep your money in the meantime."

Is it possible some people claim they spent real money while they didn't really? Of course. Does that justify Gree's behaviour? Absolutely not. Gree made the mistake, Gree should pay up. When we make a mistake and accidentally tap in a buy button in this game it is gold down the drain, no refunds ever. When Gree makes a mistake people have to suffer the financial consequences and Gree wins again? No way.

And by the way I bought just one of those planes, I don't know if I got my one gold refunded or not, and I don't care. But I do care a LOT about the principle here and will do what I can to help those who lost out at the hands of Gree yet again.

But that's just it, the airline directly traded a plane ticket for dollars. You bought gold for dollars, not the unit. The value of the gold is still there so there is your fault

Shrinko
06-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Isn't the easiest solution to let people keep these stupid units? That way Gree doesn't have to investigate whether new gold was bought and people can't complain that they should be refunded.

Bottom line is Gree made the mistake, Gree should sort it out and refunding gold isn't cutting it for some folks who enriched Gree with real dollars.
That's exactly what I said a while back. Gree should've predicted that taking these units would create significantly more problems than letting people keep them. My biggest frustration is that gree makes decisions based on what satisfies them and not in what makes players = customers feel happy. Instead they make people feel that they have been cheated by gree time after time. I don't really care about these units but I do care about how gree treats us. And Tadaaah, case is not closed until gree changes this philosophy of how they are doing business. I almost quit yesterday and I'm still about to quit because I see that gree is not going to change and will keep getting ****d and ignored by gree.

ScrewThis
06-11-2014, 02:02 PM
But that's just it, the airline directly traded a plane ticket for dollars. You bought gold for dollars, not the unit. The value of the gold is still there so there is your fault

I can see you just want to argue this. In my example you bought a ticket that would lead to a specific destination. Now you have credit that you can use for another destination, but that's not what you want. You did not pay to get to another destination. So you want a refund. And with any normal company you would get one, not here. Gree is capitalizing on their mistake and that's WRONG

Chimera
06-11-2014, 03:16 PM
I bought 1 plane (tapjoy gold) to see if my stats would increase and they did not.
My 1 gold was returned.
This storm will soon blow out to sea.

What?
06-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Gree must me run by a bunch of masochists. I've never seen a company screw up so much and then screw up more trying to fix the initial screw up. Let the players keep the units. I did not buy any, nor would I because I've already filled my army with growlers. These units are meaningless to people like me and others who have way more units. Gree you really need to get your house in order, because this isn't the first screw up. Hell, this isn't even the first screw up this week. I still can't upgrade buildings at the cost they should be. You should have devoted resources to current issues, and not scramble around creating more.

GrimAmoeba
06-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Gree must me run by a bunch of masochists. I've never seen a company screw up so much and then screw up more trying to fix the initial screw up. Let the players keep the units. I did not buy any, nor would I because I've already filled my army with growlers. These units are meaningless to people like me and others who have way more units. Gree you really need to get your house in order, because this isn't the first screw up. Hell, this isn't even the first screw up this week. I still can't upgrade buildings at the cost they should be. You should have devoted resources to current issues, and not scramble around creating more.

WOW, what a new flash. Thanks for the info

Adm. J(K96)
06-11-2014, 04:09 PM
I've seen those speaking about complaints to Apple. And bad reviews to the BBB. Maybe it's time for a complaint here? http://oag.ca.gov/ Not saying they are definitely doing something wrong, but maybe those with a little more experience and knowledge should be looking into them?

What?
06-11-2014, 05:05 PM
WOW, what a new flash. Thanks for the info

Ok fine. Well I would at least like to know how the test went. Was it a resounding success? :p

sstuutss
06-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Ok fine. Well I would at least like to know how the test went. Was it a resounding success? :p

Would seem it went very well indeed. If they had only made $60 in extra gold sales, you think they could give it back.
So question to Gree*, how many units were purchased?

I'd be looking for a new job if I worked there. Maybe they all get paid with in game gold so they think its just as good?

*need to make it clear its a question for Gree or they appear not to hear it.

Shrinko
06-12-2014, 12:21 PM
I guess clarifying the problem didn't help and this thread will go away without a resolution like many others

qdubbya
06-12-2014, 01:02 PM
This is complete stupidity. Gree should be in a class action lawsuit.

Adm. J(K96)
06-12-2014, 01:23 PM
First off the BBB is mostly a farce. They have no real power over any company. If you really do believe this company might be guilty of more than just poor customer service, this might be who you want to contact http://oag.ca.gov/.

Shrinko
06-12-2014, 01:58 PM
First off the BBB is mostly a farce. They have no real power over any company. If you really do believe this company might be guilty of more than just poor customer service, this might be who you want to contact http://oag.ca.gov/.

Well, not really. I've had some successes with BBB. I had a problem with a company last year and I kept getting run arounds for several months, so I finally wrote a BBB complaint and the situation was resolved within a few days.

Chuck Finley
06-12-2014, 11:10 PM
I am DONE spending money on this horrible excuse for a company. They should be shut down by the BBB or at least whoever is making all these idiotic decisions should be fired. (Not insulting the moderators.. I'm sorry if you get butthurt by me speaking my mind)

Everybody needs to go to Apple or GooglePlay and explain the multiple issues - you may even link them to this thread... or maybe the other 100 threads or help TICKETS that get no resolutions...

I will not spend another dime, GREE. Keep this up you will lose all your customers.

I took it upon myself to contact BBB and GooglePlay - here are the results.

I have no doubt in my mind the moderators will either lock this thread or ban me from the forums.. so if you would like to contact me.. message me through GROUPME.. GROUPME ONLY - DO NOT EMAIL ME! D

Great news!!! I already quit yesterday but I will contact Google Play! Thanks!

Chuck Finley
06-12-2014, 11:15 PM
I am DONE spending money on this horrible excuse for a company. They should be shut down by the BBB or at least whoever is making all these idiotic decisions should be fired. (Not insulting the moderators.. I'm sorry if you get butthurt by me speaking my mind)

Everybody needs to go to Apple or GooglePlay and explain the multiple issues - you may even link them to this thread... or maybe the other 100 threads or help TICKETS that get no resolutions...

I will not spend another dime, GREE. Keep this up you will lose all your customers.

I took it upon myself to contact BBB and GooglePlay - here are the results.

I have no doubt in my mind the moderators will either lock this thread or ban me from the forums.. so if you would like to contact me.. message me through GROUPME.. GROUPME ONLY - DO NOT EMAIL ME!

I was skeptical but just sent this info to my faction and another player experienced the same thing. Apple refunded him for 6 months. Great information!!

BTW GREE you can't boot me as I comply with your terms for posting.

Valynx
06-13-2014, 04:02 AM
It is weird how it ended up on the live server and not the Test Server, thank god I didn't buy any anyway :)

Ozymandias
06-13-2014, 05:57 AM
It is weird how it ended up on the live server and not the Test Server, thank god I didn't buy any anyway :)

There's a test server? :)

Chuck Finley
06-16-2014, 05:47 PM
+2 Year Player Quit: 1 week after quitting MW: Family/Social life is better (hard for anyone who has seriously played to say you never skipped out on important events to play) and cash in my pocket (bought a new surf board). It's hard to leave an account you invested so much time an/or effort in. I was top 3 at my level and had reason to beleive one of the others was a hacker. Spent a long time developing and LLP that cpuld destroy level 300 players in WD. I finally made the choice to end it and it felt great!!! All the BS, hackers, worries, frustration are gone!! Just wanted to share my story. There is life after a cell phone game.